Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ A Few Words ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Fujin is a woman of few words and many deep thoughts. A collection of Fujin and posse mini stories with some hints of SeiferxFujin.

A Few Words: Dictionary I

Word 01: Anniversary

Both Seifer and Raijin noticed it right away, the slight smile that shone through Fujin's usually serious face. Their curious stares did not really bother her, nor did the fact that they didn't remember what day it was. Either way, they would continue being a posse as they had been for the past three years to that day.

Word 02: Bee

The insect that dared to defy her was met only with a merciful waving of the hand. The bee flew away to pester Raijin who flailed at it frantically and ended up with a stung nose, much to Seifer's amusement.

Word 03: Cat

No one ever knew Fujin liked animals, she had never spoken of it or mentioned wanting a pet. But when Headmaster Cid sent the disciplinary committee to catch a stray cat that snuck into Garden, out of the three, the only one who was accepted with purrs and cuddles instead of scratches was Fujin.

Word 04: Done

Though they were the disciplinary committee that didn't mean they always stayed out of trouble. Occasionally they would end up with a few extra chores thanks to an impulsive moment from Seifer, and both Raijin and Fujin would help their dear friend without complaints. When Fujin was done doing the dishes, she went off to help Seifer mop the cafeteria floor, her duty wasn't finished until they were all done.

Word 05: Eyes

When Fujin's only visible eye closed sleepily and she dozed off on a bench near the stage in Garden, Seifer approached her curiously, with Raijin looking over his shoulder, and extended his hand to lift her eye patch and see if she really was missing an eye, or if she simply wore the patch to look cool. Then Fujin's exposed eye opened suddenly, freezing Seifer in place with a potent glare and startling Raijin into backing up and tripping over his own feet, falling flat on his back. Then the anger left her good eye and she patted the space left and right on the bench where a minute later Seifer and Raijin sat on either side after recovering.

Word 06: Fun

Some would wonder what was so fun about hanging around Seifer all the time, following him everywhere. But they didn't need to know and they didn't need to understand, because Fujin was having fun and that was all that really mattered.

Word 07: Guard

Fujin didn't know how Seifer accidentally broke the lock of his own room, but until it was fixed, she would have to guard his door to make sure no intruders went in. Prepared to fight fan girls and monsters alike, Fujin guarded the slumbering prince.

Word 08: Hair

Fujin had never exchanged more than a few words with Selphie, thus when the brunette started playing with her silver hair in the cafeteria and asking what she did to make it so shiny, Fujin did not know how to reply; and Seifer couldn't help it but to be amused by her deer caught in the headlights expression.

Word 09: Insistent

If there was one thing Seifer was, he was insistent, though many would simply call him stubborn. However, even if he complained and insisted, Fujin would not let Seifer return to his training until he recovered from the terrible cold that left her and Raijin with the duty of carrying him back to his room after he passed out.

Word 10: Joke

Seifer was a big fan of April Fool's Day, and though Raijin sometimes tried to participate by playing a joke on Squall's group, his schemes were easy to detect and just as easily avoided. However, on that day, Squall didn't know what hit him, and neither did Seifer, though he assured that whoever playing that joke on Squall was a pure genius. Fujin merely smiled quietly, completely escaping suspicion.

Word 11: Karma

Quistis warned Seifer about karma and he didn't listen. Though maybe someday the circumstances would backfire and blow up in his face, Fujin would take all that karma onto herself and delay that time as much as she possibly could.

Word 12: Loyalty

It was a concept both Fujin and Raijin were well acquainted with, though the latter would not know how to properly explain its deep meaning and the former would rather keep her words to herself. Either way, for them the concept of loyalty was easily summarized in one word, Seifer.

Word 13: Miscalculation

After watching him wield a gun-blade with such skill, one would never imagine Seifer could make such a simple miscalculation. He misjudged the distance from one step to another and went tumbling down the stairs taking Fujin and Raijin down with him in a desperate attempt to regain his balance. Fujin was the first to recover while Seifer and Raijin lay in pain at the bottom of the stairs. She glared at Squall who with raised hands turning around and disappeared from whence he came before Seifer found out there had been a witness to his miscalculation.

Word 14: No

When Fujin said no, she meant it. Selphie found out the hard way when after declining her invitation for a girls' night out along with Quistis and Rinoa, Fujin proceeded to shove her into Irvine. The cowboy caught Selphie without difficulty or complaints, but he did not bother to move his face out of the way of hers before their lips met.

Word 15: Omnipresent

There was something fascinating about the way Fujin carried herself, prideful but not obnoxious, quiet yet imposing. She had a special air of omnipresence.

Word 16: Posse

A tightly held friendship, an unbreakable bond, unconditional loyalty, meant to be together forever; Fujin could say many things to describe her relationship with Seifer, but she chose to simply say posse.

Word 17: Quest

It didn't matter how big or small, how realistic or unattainable, whatever Seifer set out to achieve, Fujin made it her quest as well.

Word 18: Right

On many occasions Seifer was right and it was proven. However, he was not right because of the original circumstances or because of his strong desire to be right. He was right because Fujin secretly arranged it to be that way.

Word 19: Seifer

She wasn't sure how her life came to revolve around him, but somehow it did, and she did not regret it.

Word 20: Trust

Trust was rare these days, she heard people say. There are many who fear being betrayed and everyone knew Squall was one of them. Few can fully trust those who say they are their friends, and those who can, should consider themselves very fortunate. Seifer was lucky.

Word 21: United

United they would stand and no mater what, united they would not fall. Because as long as they were united, one way or another, they somehow always won, for as long as they had each other.

Word 22: Voice

Some made the mistake of continuously asking what was wrong with Fujin's voice. They pushed her patience to the limit and inquired if it was a throat or vocal cord problem that caused her to speak loudly and one word at a time. Soon enough they would find out that, though there was nothing wrong with Fujin's voice, there would be something wrong with their hearing after Fujin yelled her annoyed reply in their ears.

Word 23: Wind

Her will was one of her strongest assets among others. Unbreakable, unmovable, she didn't surrender, she stood firm, strong like the wind, and sometimes when she was with those she cared for, she felt just as free.

Word 24: Xylophone

Fujin didn't know how she got pushed into this, but somehow, Selphie was convinced that she had a vast amount of hidden musical talent and the xylophone was the perfect instrument for her. Fujin was not amused, but Seifer and Raijin were.

Word 25: Yawn

That night as the disciplinary committee guarded Garden, Fujin was quiet, far more quiet than usual. It was Raijin's night off to catch up on much needed sleep. Every time Seifer passed by on patrol, he assumed Fujin was wide awake at her post. Little did he know that the eye covered by her silver hair was closed and she was simply sleeping on her feet. He didn't notice until at the end of their shift, she woke with a yawn.

Word 26: Zombie

When Fujin said that one word, Seifer was confused, and it confused him even more when instead of elaborating Raijin simply nodded. While Seifer still wondered was it was about, a very tired Squall passed by reminding Seifer of a zombie, and he knew what Fujin was talking about.

Word 27: Ñoño

It was a word in a foreign language that neither Seifer nor Raijin understood. The sound was not quite like that on an N and the way Fujin said it told them it was no mispronunciation, she said exactly what she meant to say as she always did. Raijin never understood it, and Seifer felt as if a truth he would never accept was thrown in his face. Yet the way Fujin said it was sweet, as if she didn't mind contributing to whatever it was. Seifer never figured out if it was good or bad.

Word 28: Alarm

He had been walking backwards, just to be cool, while at the same time holding a carefree conversation with his posse. But when Seifer saw the alarm on Fujin's face, instead of seeing the wet floor warning, he knew his cruel fate was sealed as he inevitably fell.

Word 29: Bandaid

It was only a scrape, something insignificant for a regular person, even more so for a Seed. However, for some unknown reason, Fujin felt the need to do something about it. Thus she placed a small blue bandiad decorated with white kittens on Sefer's little finger, which he dared not remove. He would just have to keep his hand in his pocket for a while.

Word 30: Coat

It was his favorite coat, but the stain was impossible, and grimacing sadly, Seifer threw it away. Fujin couldn't stand to see him that way and Raijin could think of nothing more than sharing the grief. But for Fujin, that wasn't enough, so she picked up the coat, and scrubbed it with all her might until instead of a dark stain, there was a light spot. The coat was still ruined, but Seifer caught Fujin during her task and that was enough to cheer him up.

Word 31: Delay

Fujin sat calmly at the living room of their home, while Raijin paced back and forth. She was the woman of the group, she was the one who was expected to take forever getting ready to go out with her friends, but she was not like other girls. Then Seifer finally appeared and nodded in her direction as if silently apologizing for the delay.

Word 32: Elegance

Though she didn't flaunt it, as she didn't have to for it was ever so obvious right now, Fujin had a certain unique elegance beyond compare, and Seifer could only stare.

Word 33: Futile

Posse or not, best friends regardless, Fujin's victorious grin made it clear to Seifer that trying to beat her in videogames was futile.

Word 34: Gale

The wind was strong enough to make anyone else think it was best to stay indoors, but the gale did not stop the posse. Together, with a firm pace, side by side, they walked strong.

Word 35: Hammer

While making some much needed repairs to their little house, the hammer slipped from Seifer's grasp when as he swung it back and forth against the nail. His embarrassment turned to worry when he heard the sound of an impact and his life flashed before his eyes before he turned around and sighed in relief. Fujin was unharmed, "sorry Raijin."

Word 36: Illogical

"It's not logical," he claimed, "that such a beauty doesn't have a boyfriend." No one knew how or why the man came to that conclusion, but before Fujin could silence the flirty boy, Seifer felt the need to walk down the dock and shove him aside into the ocean.

Word 37: Justice

Many people would agree that life isn't fair, but Fujin was not the kind to dwell on that. She would find a way to make her own justice.

Word 38: Knowledge

They always did well enough to pass, barely passing in Raijin's case and staying near the top in Seifer's. That's how it was for written tests, though when it came to practical exams, even if Seifer would often be seen as the strongest, he was too rash. Raijin followed along with the posse, doing as he was told, and Fujin saw things from an entirely different perspective. She had a vast amount of knowledge, but knew not to release it all at once.

Word 39: Love

It was not a common subject in the posse lately, save for the kind of love shared by the dearest friends, though it went without the mushy details, and the memories of family love between a sorceress and a knight, even if it let to certain consequences. That aside, the topic was barely touched anymore, yet somehow, it was always silently present, even if Seifer never directly spoke of such things to Fujin.

Word 40: Minion

They were a posse, not minions of Seifer. Raijin had gasped and remained at a loss for words, Seifer had clarified with a heavy sense of loyalty to his companions, and Fujin, a woman of few words, simply smacked the offending individual over the head and declared, "fool!"

Word 41: Never

She would never abandon her posse, she would never betray her friends, she would never give up; there were many things Fujin would never do. Most of all, she would never be caught dead in anything similar to the silly pink dress she had seen Rinoa wearing while on a date in town with Squall.

Word 42: Only

It was only another day, it was only another year; it was only an occasion that repeated itself every three hundred and sixty-five days, once a year. It was only the celebration of the arrival of someone without equal, it was only Fujin's birthday, and the posse would make sure it would not be only another regular day for her.

Word 43: Poke

Seifer didn't know why, and he had forgotten when, Raijin had gained the annoying tendency to poke him when in need of attention. The problem escalated as Seifer found himself being poked, then meeting with the excuse of Raijin forgetting what he was going to say, and the worse part is that it actually sounded true. When that next poke came, fed up with the situation, Seifer turned around to yell at Raijin, but the vast amount of oxygen he gathered for the task caught in his throat and was forced back into his full lungs. Then with a slightly reddened face from the effort, Seifer smiled and asked, "what is it Fujin?"

Word 44: Queen

There was something imposing and elegant about her, something beautiful and fierce, something skillful and knowledgeable, something amazing and unique. No one knew what that something was, but Fujin could very well be a queen.

Word 45: River

"Danger!" the warning came too late. Fujin cringed and dashed down the river's edge, chasing after Seifer and Raijin while they were carried away by the strong currents when the rickety bridge betrayed them.

Word 46: Safety

When life is full of surprises and uncertainly, safety is hard to find, even for those who are amazingly strong. However, Seifer, Fujin and Raijin could always find it in each other.

Word 47: Tyrant

They called him a tyrant but she didn't care, she would stand by his side and prove them wrong. She would save him from ever becoming what he fought against, even if it meant standing against him for a fleeting moment soon forgotten; only the memories of loyalty and purpose would remain.

Word 48: Undead

Movies about the undead were, according to Fujin, "predictable," but that didn't stop her from wanting to watch them, because Raijin's reactions were always unexpected, as were Seifer's replies to said reactions.

Word 49: Victory

She knew with a mysterious certainty that victory would be theirs one way or another; they learned to truly define victory.

Word 50: Why

Many would wonder why the posse was so close, though few saw the mix of reasons that made them that way. When Fujin was asked why, she simply replied "finish," and the one asking would wonder if she meant to say that their conversation was over or she would be angry. Maybe she was just trying to say they completed each other and would always stay together till the end.

Word 51: X-Ray

Her gaze was strong, firm, unwavering, resolute, deep, infinite, eternal; she didn't need many words because her eyes said it all. Fujin's gaze made some feel as if they were being seen with x-rays, as if the woman with silver hair could look into their very souls. Some ascertained that, in a way, she really could.

Word 52: Yarn

Fujin wasn't the knitting type. Rinoa resolved to make Squall more cheerful by fining more friends for him, deciding that his old classmates would fit the profile despite their past, or maybe to give them the chance to mend that past. Thus Fujin had no idea what to do with the yarn Rinoa gave her as a present or peace offering. However, Fujin's dilemma was soon solved when she spotted a cat in the common living room of the posse's shared home and resolved to give it the yarn to play with. But then another mystery presented itself, who had brought the cat in? Raijin was convinced by Seifer's explanation that the cat must have come in through a window, but Fujin knew the windows had been closed to keep the abundant rain out. Ironically, the cat was dry, as if someone removed the excess moist off its fur with a towel. But regardless of the contradictions, Fujin simply accepted Seifer's version of the story.

Word 53: Zoo

Seifer didn't know why he had agreed to Raijin's request to visit the zoo. The leader was rather bored looking at the animals that to him had nothing special. Then with one word from Fujin as the three were looking at a monkey, "Squall," Seifer's boredom evaporated and was replaced by limitless amusement.

Word 54: Accusation

The accusation was serious and it threatened to tear the posse apart. Seifer stood glaring at Raijin, who desperately declared his innocence. Then Fujin walked by with a cookie in her hand, which she soon ate, bringing forth shocked expressions in Raijin and Seifer's faces. Seifer pouted and went off to buy more cookies, deciding that he would not reprimand Fujin after all.

Word 55: Boredom

Boredom was the worse torture in the world, but at least when Fujin was bored, everyone else was put out of their misery. Needless to say, Seifer and Raijin made sure to never let her get bored.

Word 56: Coal

It was the day before Christmas and the naughty boys who opened their presents before Christmas morning found coal in the boxes. Seifer was surprised and Raijin was shocked, almost believing it was true. Though Seifer knew better, he still had his doubts, because a practical joke from the serious and quiet Fujin might be less likely than the existence of Santa Claus.

Word 57: Deleted

It was an accident, a fact that the two young men tried to explain, but when her favorite picture was accidentally deleted from her computer where she kept her only copy, Fujin was vastly enraged. Seifer and Raijin dared not return home until Fujin called them to say she had a backup copy after all.

Word 58: Enigma

Seifer had faced many challenges in his life, but none as difficult as figuring out the enigma called Fujin.

Word 59: Fantasy

The day would pass by and the sun would set, but they would not notice until the stars were shining in the endless sky. They lived their lives in freedom, adventurous and united; it was like living in their own fantasy.

Word 60: Gold

Gold was usually yellow, a color that clashed with Fujin's silver hair. Thus the journey took Seifer and Raijin all over the world until they finally found the perfect gift for Fujin's birthday in white gold. She was not one to like wearing too much jewelry or girly things, but the small earrings fit her very well and she wore them everyday.

Word 61: Honey

On a whim, Seifer decided that he wanted honey for his pancakes that morning, and on a whim, Raijin had gone out to get it from a bee hive in a near by tree, a short walk from their house. Raijin returned without the honey but with many bees angrily buzzing after him. Seifer tried to save Raijin, feeling responsible for wanting the honey. Then Fujin woke up to find the bees gone, and her two friends stung and in pain. Those two needed constant supervision sometimes, Fujin vowed never to sleep in later than them again.

Word 62: Ice

The refrigerator had, as most machines do, picked the worse time to break down; right in the middle of the hottest summer day they had ever faced, leaving the posse without the comfort of ice to fight off the heat. For once, Squall's precense was useful as he passed through town just in time for Fujin to attack him and run off with Shiva. Desperate times called for desperate measures, and only the kidnapped Guardian Force of ice could save the posse that day. They would return Shiva, but only at the end of the day when the merciless sun was gone.

Word 63: Jade

She wasn't one for jewelry, though sapphires and silver fitted her well. Jade was not her color and it was not Rinoa's color either, but Squall and Seifer didn't care. Rinoa only smiled, occasionally cheering for Squall as he bided higher, much to the traveling merchant's content.

Fujin on the other hand, shook her head, while Raijin did the cheering for Seifer and his bids. It was a coincidence that the five ex-classmates should meet, and if it was a coincidence or a conspiracy that a traveling merchant passed by peddling jade decorated ornaments, Squall and Seifer did not care, they just knew they had to win the bid, because they were rivals.

It was not a bid that won, it was a death threat, though Seifer still paid a high price for the jade hairclip, which he later almost begged Fujin to wear, since he couldn't very well wear it himself, and it would be the only way to show off his victory. With a look in her eyes that conveyed more than thoughts could, Fujin complied, even if jade wasn't quite her color.

Seifer, feeling an odd sense of satisfaction in the entire situation, later got Fujin a sapphire and silver hairclip to show off his victory over Squall, in a color that complimented his ally more, never mind that Squall had not been involved in the purchase of the new hairclip. It was about Squall, Seifer would say, but Fujin knew that it was all about her.

Word 64: Kaleidoscope

It was his favorite toy long ago, and the chicken wuss would always try to steal it, claiming that he only wanted to borrow it and would give it back. Seifer did not trust Zell, no one but he could look through the kaleidoscope matron gave him, so little Seifer hid the toy. He later forgot where he hid the kaleidoscope and assumed Zell stole it and lost it.

Years passed and the little box of random old belongings containing the kaleidoscope hidden deep inside, was taken to the Garden by Seifer, and tossed in the bottom of his closet. He meant to open it and see what forgotten things were in it, but he never got around to it.

More time passed and a box arrived at Seifer's new home, the sender was anonymous and it would remain a relative secret that Squall had been tasked with cleaning out the disciplinary committee's old rooms and Rinoa offered to help. It was Rinoa who decided that they should mail the things to their owners.

Several boxes had arrived, a few days apart as if trying to be inconspicuous, and though whose idea it was to send them remained officially unknown, the posse imagined it had to be Rinoa's idea, because that's something she would do, given that Squall was the one cleaning the rooms, because that's something Quistis would make him do.

It was Fujin who received the box this time, when the mailman came by and, since it was merely addressed to "the posse" and Seifer did not remember it being his, he asked her to go ahead and open it, to see who it belonged to judging by its contents.

Seifer recognized the contents of the box, but didn't really care for most of those things any longer. He threw away the pair of socks that have not fit in years, tossed the old candy in the trash, and gave Raijin the bag of marbles he liked so much. Then he saw the kaleidoscope he thought Zell had stolen long ago, the chicken wuss was innocent.

"Look," Fujin requested, and without a second thought, Seifer gave her his treasure, which he would entrust to no one else.

Word 65: Leaning

Seifer was leaning to the side at the docks, though he wasn't actually leaning on anything, just leaning in perfect balance with his feet firmly planted on the edge of the dock. "Gull," Fujin spoke, and the word was followed by the arrival of a clumsy seagull flying low. Seifer managed to duck out of the way, but he lost his balance and fell into the sea, grabbing Raijin's helping hand at the last moment, and dragging him along after Raijin slipped on the wet docks.

Word 66: Melted

Melted ice-cream was a disaster; it was dangerous and even deadly. Such was the lesson Seifer learned when he focused on the football game on TV so much, that he let his ice-cream cone melt in his hand. Then, when he got up during a commercial, he slipped on the drops he left in his path, and fell on Fujin, smashing what was left of his ice-cream on her face. Melted ice-cream was dangerous and deadly, as Seifer soon learned.

Word 67: Neverland

It was the story of the boy who didn't want to grow up, the posse knew it well, as did most people in the world. Though Fujin did not say it, and for once Seifer and Raijin were as quiet as her, if only about this one thing, the posse lived in their own Neverland. They grew, experienced different things and went on living together, but in a sense they stayed the same. They knew they would always be close to each other, and such things were so certain, they didn't even need to be spoken.

Word 68: Ox

It was all Raijin's fault, Seifer asserted, though he was the one with the attitude that brought the final disaster and only the request of a trip to the place where it happened was Raijin's mistake. In truth, Seifer knew it was not Raijin's fault completely, hence why other than being blamed, he received no punishment. Fujin didn't care whose fault it was, all she knew was that going out to the farmland countryside for the weekend had certainly not been her idea and ending up being chased by an ox was not her fault either.

Word 69: Pixie

It had been a firefly, all three knew this, but when Fujin commented on is resemblance to a pixie, saying only that one word, in that tone only Fujin could manage, Seifer and Raijin, although perfectly understanding that Fujin was only pointing out a similarity, almost believed that pixies could be real.

Word 70: Quicksilver

The blur was fast and they could hardly distinguish a hint of short silver hair. That was all they saw before they regretted challenging her to a spar.

Word 71: Rage

"RAGE!" Fujin did not get mad, she got even, and when she let out her fierce battle cry, everyone knew it was useless to run. They could try, but the winds of her anger would reach them anyway. They could alternatively stay and beg for mercy, it was a little better than running, but the effect was by no means guaranteed. The most fitting course of action was perhaps to be well armed and equipped, and to leave no unfinished business before facing Fujin, just in case; or even better, to avoid the conflict. These were facts that through the suffering of many fools became well known.

Given all of this, one could not blame Seifer for being startled upon hearing the war cry. Whatever was happening, it was big trouble. He tossed his bowl of cereal aside, not caring that its contents were spilled all over his room's floor, and grabbed his gun-blade on the way out. He was dressed in nothing but pajama pants and a pair of silly fuzzy bunny slippers that were very comfortable, but he would never admit to wearing. "Where's the emergency?" Seifer yelled as he entered the living room.

"RAGE!" The image of Fujin on the screen yelled again as the scene was replayed, vastly amusing Raijin for a reason unknown. Fujin herself had been calmly flipping pancakes in the kitchen, and curiously approached the living room where Raijin had been entertaining himself watching old videos.

The real Fujin observed Seifer, while the truth of the situation sunk in for him and he felt absolutely ridiculous. She looked at him up and down, her gaze stopping at his feet, a small smile curving on her lips.

Without a word, Seifer quietly retreated to his room, where he would remain for the next three days, coming out only at night to sneak some food out of the kitchen while the others were sleeping.

Word 72: Strange

"It's so strange," Raijin commented as he stared at the contents of the box Fujin had brought in. It was an old shoe box that had seen better days, containing a little yellow and green bird. "It's a mutant," Raijin dumbly extended his index finger towards the bird, who snapped at it, though thankfully he retreated on time to avoid injury. "It tried to bite me!"

Fujin gave Raijin a stern look, which silenced him and made him forget about the possibility of trying to poke the bird again.

Then Seifer's curiosity was called by Raijin's continuous attention to the shoe box on the kitchen counter, while Fujin smashed some fruits and mixed them with milk, to create a very strange and unappetizing concoction. "It's strange," Seifer commented. The bird, though mostly yellow, had bits of green, and it was not paint or dye, its feathers seemed to grow that way naturally, stained in an odd shade of florescent green.

"Pet," Fujin placed a tiny bowl on the box and the little bird happily ate the strange mixture of milk and mashed fruits. Fujin had visited the far away city of Midgar, where she found the abandoned chocobo, slightly mutated into showing florescent green spots all over its feathers after being exposed to the radioactive effects of the Mako that powered the city; or maybe some mean kid tried to feet it Mako. The chick was quite small, too small for a baby chocobo, and might not grow large enough to ride, but Fujin felt sorry for the little bird, abandoned in a shoe box on the street, and she simply had to take it home and nurse it back to health.

Though the chick was undoubtedly strange, Seifer and Raijin, upon witnessing Fujin's softened look while caring for it, couldn't help it but to feel a certain attachment for the little bird as well; it was all strangely sweet.

Word 73: Trophy

There were several trophies collecting dust in their living room, many of which belonged to Raijin's victories in food contests, especially hot dog eating contests, where he usually faced Zell in the final round ending in a narrow victory.

Seifer cared not for his past trophies from Garden and had not competed to win any new ones. Though the old ones were mailed to him along with the rest of his luggage when their rooms in Garden were cleaned out, (it had been Rinoa's idea no doubt), he merely stored them away and promptly forgot them.

One of the trophies in the box Seifer received was different, unfamiliar. He did not examine it and assumed it belonged to someone else when he opened the box that came in the mail. He placed it out to be claimed by Fujin or Raijin if it was theirs, though he doubted it or he would have known, or be thrown away if they didn't care for it. Not in the mood to spend too much time on the task, Seifer didn't care to read the inscription at the bottom of the silly heart shaped golden painted trophy.

The heart shaped trophy could be seen among the others, and it was Fujin, as she scolded Raijin with her glare to dust the trophies, who decided to take a look at the inscription and find out why Raijin had given that odd trophy such a distinctive place among the others, "friendship." The word was followed by the names of Seifer, Raijin and Fujin.

Raijin shrugged and Fujin did not inquire about it. Seifer walked by and turned on the TV, then glanced at the other two to see what held their attention. He approached and read the inscription on the trophy. "What is that?"

Raijin shook his head and shrugged again, "I don't know, but it's ours."

"Rinoa," one word from Fujin explained everything. Of course it had to be Rinoa's idea, she was the one mailing their old things, so she must have had a part in it. Though Fujin suspected there was more to this than only Rinoa's doing.

Eventually, the posse found out that this was in fact more than just Rinoa's idea. It was a contest held in Garden to determine the best group of friends depending on their displays of friendship past and present. Given the festival-like nature of the celebration, Fujin drew another conclusion when the explanation reached them at last, "Selphie." Another word from Fujin brought things into perspective. When Selphie and Rinoa got together to plan something, the results were quite unusual, and the winners of their little contest had not even agreed to participate, they were not even in Garden anymore. But those two wouldn't care about such minor details; they would have their fun regardless.

Seifer decided not to comment on the subject and Raijin was strangely fond of the therapy, so given the lack of protest from the other two, Raijin kept it in it's place among the others, collecting dust in the living room.

While taking one last glance at the trophy, after having learned the full story of its origin, Fujin commented "cake," because it was indeed a situation of having the cake and eating it too for Rinoa and Selphie to have their contest and judge the winners despite the protests that Squall and possibly a few others might have brought up. Those two didn't understand, or didn't care, that the posse lacked the desire to reestablish communication with their group.

Fujin was quick and analytical, summarizing everything in a few deep words full of meaning. On that particular day her two companions were a bit slow in their interpretation and did not properly understand Fujin's summary of the famous phrase, instead taking it literally. They presented her with a slice of cake, with no intentions of questioning her apparent request. Fujin smiled and almost laughed but accepted the cake none the less; she did indeed have great friends.

Word 74: Unanimous

Another trip to the grocery store brought another disagreement in the cake section. Raijin was staring at a chocolate cake with hungry eyes, the cookies on top, the chocolate fudge in the middle, everything about it was perfect.

Fujin stole glances at a vanilla cake with bananas and whip cream decorating it and Seifer watched a strawberry cake from the corner of his eyes. It was too pink to be knightly, but the strawberries on top and the red jam that adorned it, made him look past the fact that the cake itself was pink.

Then they saw it, an ice-cream cake of rich chocolate, with pure white vanilla ice-cream in the middle and juicy strawberries on top. Their choice was unanimous.

Word 75: Vanity

Fujin was not one to indulge in vanity; she didn't care for make-up or hair products beyond what was needed for basic hygiene. Selphie didn't understand that, hence why she followed Fujin when they coincidentally met at the mall and pestered her until the silver hair young woman doomed the posse's leader by merely saying his name at the wrong time.

Selphie assumed that Fujin was suggesting Seifer would be interested in her make-over abilities. Selphie cheered and promised Seifer he would love his new look. Squall watched the scene and pouted from the top of the escalator, while Rinoa waved and tried to convince him to ride it down to meet the others.

It was all too much, and with an indignant but deadly glare directed at Selphie, Seifer escaped to a random store, followed by Raijin who feared being the next victim, which left Fujin to create a diversion. "Sale," she pointed in a random direction. It was hard to know who ran faster, if Selphie, or Rinoa, who had knocked Squall down in her effort to rush down the escalator.

Word 76: Whiskey

"Cheers!" Seifer had caught a fish, a very large fish, and though it broke no records, nor did it earn him any prices, he decided that the fish would be cooked and celebrated by being accompanied with whiskey. Thus Seifer, Raijin and Fujin drank and ate to their hearts' content.

The next day, Raijin and Seifer suffered with the tortures of hangovers and the mental stress of missing memories. Fujin smiled in her characteristic silence and did not tell them that their crazy theories about the previous night were only drunken dreams.

Word 77: XHTML

Everyone had a website; it was the in thing, though some only pretended to have websites and only had profiles in social sites that were not of their own design. Seifer wanted something completely personalized when he randomly decided he wanted a site, and Fujin was there to help.

However, Seifer soon learned why Raijin, though willing to help with the content of the website, refused to witness the process of Fujin putting it together. Looking over Fujin's shoulder was a mistake which Seifer wasn't sure if it brought regret or wonder.

She did always get top grades on the courses related to decoding messages, though so many codes made Seifer's head spin, and he marveled at the ease with which Fujin understood them.

Word 78: Year

The countdown, the fireworks, the cheering, the party, among all of that, the posse was most of all, happy to be together for another year, and looking forward to the next.

Word 79: Zell

Zell had asked Seifer to stop calling him a chicken-wuss many times, he had demanded it as well, but nothing worked. That time back in Garden, it was Selphie who had accidentally brought forth a friendly bet with none other than Fujin. "I bet a thousand gil that Seifer is never going to stop calling Zell chicken-wuss, not even for a single week. Why can't they get long and be friends?"

"Accepted," Fujin replied, and it took Selphie a moment to realize that she meant to take the bet.

That roasted chicken Fujin cooked was the most delicious thing Seifer ever tasted. He complimented the meal, sincerely declaring how much he loved the chicken, to which Raijin in his apparently bad, but carefully arranged, timed entrance, commented, "I thought you hated him."

Fujin hid her grin and Seifer looked horrified at Raijin's odd misinterpretation of the words. It took the leader of the posse at least ten days to get over it, erase it from his memory and start calling Zell a chicken-wuss again, but by then, Fujin had her gil.

Word 80: Area

The instructions were clear, so there was no room for accidents, or there shouldn't be if there was no one in the immediate area, but Raijin, Fujin knew, could always make room for casualties. He didn't read the instructions and ended up on fire, he wasn't really hurt, as he rolled on the ground and put out the flames quickly, but Seifer still took away his fireworks, though only to light them himself. The posse stood close together, despite there being plenty of space around, Fujin requested that the two boys stood with her with a simple "come," which was swiftly obeyed, she wanted to make sure they were out of the area where the sparks fell.

Word 81: Balloon

With an indignant "pop!" the magic was gone. There was something about balloons that transported her to her childhood and her fragile floating blue orb had perished. Fujin had no one to blame, except the bee that was thrown against the wall by the force of the explosion and killed by the force of Fujin's kick, which made the house tremble. Fujin quietly picked up the pieces of the broken balloon and threw them away, then when she turned around, Seifer stood there offering her a bright yellow balloon.

Word 82: Carnival

The games, the rides, the snacks, it was all part of the passing carnival, which they visited every day while it remained near their town. Raijin was determined to win a goldfish and wouldn't leave the scooper booth until he did, thus Seifer and Fujin went to look around and stopped near group of booths, bull's eye, ring the bell and dip the fool were all especially tempting to Seifer, most of all the last one where Zell sat. How the Seeds had fallen, literally in this case, that was one bizarre mission Zell would not soon forget.

While Seifer was distracted, Fujin wandered off, later returning to find that Raijin had a dozen goldfish and Seifer had used up all his carnival money picking on Zell. She handed each of them some pink cotton candy and led the way to the ferris wheel, carrying the multitude of teddy bears Seifer had won picking on Zell.

Word 83: Dare

Fujin always got the easy dares. Adding to her ever present air of mystery, she never chouse truth, always replying with a clear, "dare." When Fujin requested a dare, no one dared to be daring.

Word 84: Elite

She was talented, skilled, smart and precise, she was amazing and her standards went well beyond what most could do at their best. Fujin was in a class of her own, she was elite.

Word 85: Furniture

Nobody knew what possessed Fujin to muster the desire to rearrange furniture. Maybe she was tired of the same scenery within the house, or maybe she wished to create the illusion that the living room was bigger, either way there she was, moving that here and pushing this back. It went on for some time, until Fujin was satisfied. Then Seifer, who had just woken up from a nap, hit his toe on the edge of a table's leg, with a painful and surprised yelp.

Word 86: Gawk

Seifer shifted, he wasn't sure if he felt good or bad about this. He waited, and shifted some more, taking deep discreet breaths. The ice-cream shop was full, of all the times Fujin could look at him so intently, why did it have to be now? Then again, Seifer decided not to throw away his luck and shifted for a third time, straightening up in his chair and regally eating his ice-cream.

He decided this was good, he felt confident. It was odd at first, but suddenly it all made sense. Seifer had been friends with Fujin for a long time and she was so easy to be around he sometimes forgot that she was a woman and it was perfectly natural for her to be attracted to him. Let her look, let her stare, let her gawk.

"Stain," suddenly it all really made sense, Seifer looked down at his shirt where he had unknowingly spilled a spoonful of chocolate ice-cream right before Fujin started staring at him. Fujin shook her head with a grim expression, this week it was her turn to do the laundry.

Word 87: Hair Dye

The tub would be forever stained black after Fujin finished her shower. She had given up, covering the silver of her hair didn't stop the eyes that followed her down the street, it didn't stop the curious gazes and interested stares. Her hair was silver again, the black all gone. Why her plan didn't work, Fujin didn't know. To Seifer it was clear as day. It took more than midnight black to dim the way Fujin always shined.

Word 88: I

It was a rarely used pronoun for them, though most people used it almost as often as they spoke. But for the posse, more often than not, it was we instead of I.

Word 89: Jello

It was a simple procedure, add water and put it in the refrigerator, thus they didn't know how it was possible to fail. Yet Seifer ended up with juice and Raijin with a red rock. Fortunately, Fujin shared her Jello.

Word 90: Koala

Save for an inevitable few, Fujin didn't have many plushies in her room, which is why when Seifer went to ask her something and found she wasn't there, he had to pause and stare at the koala he had never seen before. Seifer approached it curiously; every other plushie Fujin had was given to her either by Selphie or Rinoa for Christmas, her birthday or any other occasion, or won in various carnival competitions by himself; Fujin had not purchased any of them.

It wasn't Fujin's birthday and the holidays were not close, thus Seifer wondered who could have given Fujin the koala, because he thought it was unlikely that she bought it for herself. He was about to pick up the toy when it moved, showing that it wasn't a toy at all. The koala ran towards the door where Fujin stood, "zoo," she picked up the koala and handed Seifer the flier for a missing koala, lost from the zoo.

Word 91: Long

It was relative depending on the situation and they sometimes disagreed, but when it came to the time they had spent apart in the past, they all thought it was long.

Word 92: Mine

It was both ridiculous and distressing; they wouldn't let him get a word in. They came so fast and so suddenly that Raijin was left dizzy and confused, while Seifer was left in peril in the middle of a violent tug-of-war. Fujin shook her head and had some mercy. She pushed away the fan girls left and right and provided some support for the aching Seifer, "mine." He would forever wonder if she only said that to rescue him.

Word 93: News

She was congratulated and celebrated, though she didn't mean for it to be a big deal. Legends could come true and roam the lands, the world could come apart and be put back together, but that didn't concern them. Fujin broke her personal record on her favorite video game; that was news.

Word 94: Orange

Fujin gripped the glass to avoid dropping it, though her face remained perfectly composed. When she heard Seifer yelling, "orange, orange," she didn't question it and assumed he wanted a glass of orange juice. Then she found him staring at his reflection in the mirror, that new shampoo had turned his hair orange.

Word 95: Patient

Looking back on it, both Seifer and Raijin had to admit, that despite her seemingly quick temper, Fujin was very patient.

Word 96: Query

It didn't matter what it was about, when Fujin had a query, it better be answered swiftly with the truth.

Word 97: Row

They were on vacation at a lake and when Fujin calmly ordered them, "row," as she too did so with amazing force, it took Seifer and Raijin a moment to realize that her request was due to the fact their little boat was sinking.

Word 98: Spectacles

Seifer had no idea what he did with his contact lenses and after turning the house upside-down searching for them, he concluded that they were forever lost. Until his new pair was ready, he did fine without them, unless he had to read small print. While he attempted to figure out how to program their new overly complex entertainment system, he wore an old pair of glasses he had forgotten ever owning, as he paced around and tried to make sense out of the gibberish in the manual. But the spectacles didn't save him from walking straight into a wall when Fujin nonchalantly walked by and he thought he heard her mutter "handsome," under her breath.

Word 99: Traffic

It was unbelievable how different the same situation could feel depending on the company one had. While the people in the near by cars huffed, grumbled and even yelled, Seifer, Fujin and Raijin laughed contently, making jokes to pass the time while stuck in traffic.

Word 100: Ultimatum

Fujin was a woman was few words and many deep thoughts. She may not say much, but when she spoke, her voice carried a single word with the force of a thousand word ultimatum.

End of Dictionary I

Disclaimer, I don't own Final Fantasy VIII or Peter Pan. Ñoño is Spanish for spoiled. Word 72 is a Final Fantasy VII crossover. Words 71, 72, 75, 76 and 98 were requested by sissyHIYAH. Words 79, 81, 82 and 93 were requested by Lady PenThier. Words 86 and 92 were requested by PhinalPhantasy. Word 87 was requested by Romantic Jester. Word 99 was requested by Xeno the Hedgehog.