Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ A Time for Reflection ❯ Honeymoon Romance ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter XVII: Honeymoon Romance

Tidus awoke from heavenly slumber when radiant sunlight enveloped the small but elegant cabin, his wife sleeping peacefully in his arms.

He shifted his grasp on her slightly, noticing that his right hand had fallen painfully asleep from the pressure of Yuna's body. As he positioned himself more comfortably, she stirred in his embrace and her eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Sorry," Tidus commented meekly. "My hand decided to take a snooze… go back to sleep." Yuna looked at him and smiled, her beautiful grin brightening the room better than any amount of sunlight could ever hope to.

"Don't wanna," she said sweetly, her voice still slightly hoarse from sleepiness. "I want… to feel you close to me."

"Okay," Tidus said weakly, not attempting to convince her otherwise. He shifted his head slightly to look directly into her eyes.

"Yuna?"

"Hmm?" she asked, sweetly returning his endearing gaze.

"Last night… was awesome. It was so… good, Yuna." He smiled feebly at her, awaiting a response.

She yawned, attempting to shake off her weariness. Yuna looked adoringly at her husband and nodded.

"It was. It felt so… right, now that we're married." She shook her head vigorously, trying to make a point. "Not to say that it didn't feel right before! It's just… nice to be married to you." Tidus agreed and kissed her gently on the forehead.

"And," she continued sweetly, donning a gorgeous smile. "I'll admit it… last night *was* awesome; thank you so much." Tidus laughed with his wife and gave her many quick kisses on the neck. As he showered her with kisses, he playfully went slightly south under the covers… kisses down there followed in short order. Yuna giggled profusely at his actions, his moist lips tickling her supple skin. She looked at her lover for a moment, however, and a pensive expression crept up on her face.

"Tidus," she said softly as she watched him kiss her naked body playfully. He halted his lighthearted endearment and looked sweetly at her. "Can I… ask you a question?" she continued, and Tidus nodded without delay.

"Go for it."

"I've been afraid to ask," she said softly, averting her gaze away from him slightly. "But," she continued, her voice faltering from sleepiness and nervousness. "We're married now, and I…"

"Yuna, what is it?" Tidus asked quizzically, repositioning himself to look into her gorgeous eyes once again.

"When we made love, Tidus… in the woods, we… we both know that you were my…" Tidus looked at her and completed the sentence; he had a feeling that he knew where this conversation was going.

"That I was your first…" he said solemnly. Yuna nodded hesitantly and continued.

"It's just that, you just… you seemed to know what you were doing, and I… I felt inexperienced, and I was just wondering, if… if you," she faltered, her mouth trembling with nervousness about the possible answers that her husband may give her.

"It's just that… you were a star, and… and you're so beautiful, and I… I wouldn't be mad if... j-just wanted to know if…"

"Yuna," Tidus replied calmly, not averting his gaze from hers. "How long has this been bothering you? Why didn't you ask sooner? You can talk to me about anything, you know that…"

She looked at him apprehensively and shrugged sadly. In reality, however, Tidus already knew the answer to his questions; she could be very unsure of herself sometimes... not confident enough as a woman. He looked at her and kissed her ever so softly on the lips.

"I never saw anything in the girls there… in Zanarkand," he said softly, gently laying his head on her bare chest. "They were… so dense. All they wanted was my autograph… and maybe the chance to have sex with a star blitz ball player."

Yuna squirmed at the comment but Tidus halted her actions kindly. "Hey… let me finish." She nodded slightly, waiting for him to continue.

"But I never gave in… I wanted someone special." He looked at her sweetly and gave her a reassuring smile. "Yuna, you were my first… and only, I promise."

Yuna breathed a sigh of relief, and Tidus started chuckling a little. She looked at him with a confused expression. "What's so funny?"

"Hehe," he replied gleefully. "I just think it's funny that you thought I knew what I was doing… Yuna, I didn't know what the hell I was doing!" he proclaimed loudly. Yuna laughed at his enthusiasm and smiled happily at him.

"I… I wouldn't have been mad either way," she said quietly. "I would have loved you just the same. It's just that… I would've been sad."

She looked at him and gently played with his rowdy hair. "I'm so happy that we've… only had each other. I'm sorry I brought this up on our honeymoon." Tidus looked at her and smiled.

"It's okay. Just… ask if something is bothering you. I want our marriage… I want us… to be completely honest about our feelings." Yuna nodded at him as Tidus gently stroked her cheek with his hand.

"And Yuna?"

"Hmm?"

"I'm happy I've only been with you too… I wouldn't have wanted it any other way."

She smiled brightly, embracing her husband happily. Their moment was interrupted by a knock on their door.

Yuna got up quickly and proceeded to dig through her suitcase. She looked at Tidus for a moment while she put on her robe. "Just stay in bed… I'll answer it." Tidus nodded at his wife as she went to the door.

A man in his mid to late twenties greeted Yuna at the door with a friendly smile. "Good morning, Lady Yuna. Breakfast is about to be prepared for you and your husband. What would you like to drink?"

"Umm," Yuna replied. "Orange juice, please. Tidus, what would you like?"

He looked at her tiredly. "Coffee… black." The waiter smiled and wrote down their choice of beverages, and he looked at Yuna once again.

"How would you like your eggs prepared?" Tidus and Yuna looked at each other and replied in unison.

"Scrambled."

"Thank you, Lady Yuna. Breakfast will be brought to you in a little while." Yuna thanked him and walked back to Tidus. She lazily plopped back into bed and snuggled close to her husband.

"So," she asked quietly. "What are we going to do for the next three days?" Tidus looked at her, contemplating her question.

Regardless of the fact that the ship was a machina powered craft, it was still a long journey. They would arrive on a dock near the Highbridge. From there, they would travel to Bevelle.

"Hmm," Tidus replied, a mischievous grin slowly creeping up on his face. "I'm sure there's *something* we can do!" Yuna jokingly scowled at Tidus and crawled on top of him.

"Only if you behave yourself," she chided, looking lovingly into his eyes.

"Hehe, okay," he said humorously. "You set yourself up for that one though." Yuna got off of Tidus and headed for the bathroom

"I'm going to take a bath," she said definitively. "Would you like to join me?" It was something that Yuna didn't have to ask twice; he hopped out of bed and ran to her excitedly. It was going to be a relaxing day.
__________________________________________________________________ _________

Tidus and Yuna sat in the adequately sized banquet hall, talking quietly over their lunch. Empty tables surrounded them; it was completely evident that the ship was meant for more than just two passengers to be on board, but they had no complaints in the privacy department.

"Who got you that anyway?" Tidus asked quizzically, trying his hardest to suppress his laughter.

"It was Rikku! Can you believe it? She gave it to me a few nights before the wedding. From what Lulu and Rikku say, the look on my face was quite humorous."

The lingerie…

They were talking about the white, translucent article of clothing she wore the previous night that aroused Yuna's husband so.

Tidus looked at her questioningly. "Who… who made that?" He grinned widely and continued. "I'd like to thank him… err, her."

Yuna giggled and slowly gained enough composure to comment. "Hmm, well, Rikku told me that this Al Bhed woman designs and sells naughty stuff like that. I think Rikku said something about her name being Victoria." Tidus nodded in reply and took a bite of food from his plate.

"Oh," Tidus replied. "I could see stuff like that becoming pretty popular with the guys in Spira. I'm gonna have to tell Wakka about it!"

"I don't think you should tell anyone," Yuna proclaimed softly, looking around to make sure no one was listening. "Rikku said that Victoria's business venture is… a secret." Tidus looked at her with a puzzled expression.

"Why's that?"

"I don't know," Yuna replied, finding humor without cause in Tidus' confusion. "Just… don't tell anyone."

"Uhh, okay."

Deciding that they were finished eating, they walked on deck to view their surroundings. The air was crisp, the water blue, and the sky clear. Yuna looked around and smiled.

"Wow. It's such a nice day. I wish we could swim…" Tidus looked at her for a moment.

"Yeah, that'd be really fun." Averting his gaze to the shimmering water, a sly grin appeared on his face.

"Say, you ever been… skinny dipping?" Yuna could not have turned a brighter shade of red.

"Tidus!"

She looked around frantically, making sure that none of the ship's crew was near. Satisfied that no one was around to hear his lewd comment, she faked her best angry expression at Tidus and pushed him playfully. At that moment, a gust of wind shook the vessel slightly, and Tidus clumsily lost his balance.

"Owwww!" He landed square on his posterior, and Yuna had to feign sadness. In reality, however, it was one of the funniest things she had ever seen. She reached her arm out to help him up, and he gratefully accepted.

"Are… are you okay?" she stammered, not able to hold off her laughter any longer. Tidus nodded and looked ruefully at her.

"I see you're having fun at my butt's expense." Yuna laughed harder at his humorous comment and Tidus shrugged. "You know, now you're gonna have to kiss it later!" Yuna looked at him and made a remarkably sour face.

"Yeah, you wish!"

"Well," Tidus replied forlornly. "At least I tried."

Most of the day was spent that way… they would joke, eat, sleep, or lounge on deck. It was laziness at its best, and they couldn't have been happier.

The sun was about to set, and they stood at the bow of the ship, much like they had the previous evening. Snaking her arms casually around Tidus, she looked up at her husband to give him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"This day has been… nice," she said pleasantly. A large smile appeared on her face reminisced about Tidus' antics throughout the day.

"Even though you've been misbehaving the entire day!" Tidus directed his attention to her faked his best pout-face.

"Heh, yeah… sorry about that. I guess I'm letting this married thing go a little too far." Yuna shrugged his comment off.

"No, it's okay. I… I kind of like you like this. You're so… lighthearted, and it makes me think of happy things. I'm… always happy when I'm with you."

Tidus looked kindly at his wife and hugged her tightly. He thought about their day together… how they perfectly wasted it away by doing absolutely nothing. He couldn't remember how long it had been since he and Yuna did that. He concluded that he liked the feeling, however, and proceeded to sweetly kiss Yuna on the lips.

"Come on, Yuna." Tidus picked up his love, much the same way he had done the previous evening, and headed for their cabin.

He whispered suspiciously in her ear. "I think the good Captain and his friend are staring at us."

Yuna laughed as Tidus noisily opened the door to their room. Their bed was made, and a fresh cut rose in an elegant crystal vase was sitting on the end table beside the bed.

Yuna walked to the rose and looked adoringly at it. "How pretty," she mused. Tidus started laughing, and Yuna looked at her husband strangely.

"I was just thinking that it's a good thing Rikku isn't here," Tidus said animatedly. Yuna laughed and walked back to her husband, who was still near the door.

"So," Tidus said, looking at his wife with love and lust clearly written in his eyes. "Got any more of that… Victoria lady's stuff?" Yuna giggled and gently put her arms around his neck.

"No..." she said quietly, her beautiful eyes staring into Tidus'. "Will… will my body be enough?" Tidus looked at her and smiled.

"I'm sure it will be *more* than enough… I love you." He kissed her hair sweetly and once again looked solemnly into her eyes. "I've really had fun with you today."

Yuna giggled at his aggressiveness as he gently laid her onto the extravagant bed. "Yeah, it has been fun… love you too." She stared into Tidus' eyes, her mouth aching for his lips against her own.

Tidus smiled lustfully at her. "I… I want to ravish you…" Yuna nodded avidly as Tidus came down upon her.

"I love this woman too much to describe."

His life and marriage with Yuna was shaping up to be his idea of paradise. He had the only woman he could ever love forever by his side… and in his arms.