Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ After the End ❯ What's Everyone Up To? ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After the End

By: Erin Tribal

~~~~

A/N: Well, here I go! Start of Chapter 1. Wish me luck ^_^. Oh yeah, thought's will be like this: `…' and speech will be like this: "…".

~~~~

Disclaimer: Squaresoft owns FF8, not me. But I do *own* the idea of making a new orphanage!

~~~~

Chapter 1: Time to Start Rebuilding

The birds chirped merrily outside. The students were happy inside, and outside, the Garden. Irvine was up in the headmaster's office, getting ready for his first class. Some SeeD members we starting to build a Orphanage between the Garden and the City. Zell was out overseeing the project, and he had of course brought plenty of Hot Dogs for himself.

Squall had decided to go visit the project and he saw Zell eating happily. He sighed.

`As usual, eating away' thought Squall to himself.

Rinoa had been closely following Squall all the way there, she saw him stop and realized she was in the wrong place. She was right on the outskirts of one of the forests. She gulped, thinking of what might happen if a T-Rexaur found them.

Zell looked up at Squall, and then frowned. He had just realized that everyone else was complaining that he was eating all the food.

He mumbled something to himself, got up, and then went over to where they had started work. He grabbed a brick, took it over to where they had placed the outlines, and set it down. They were making this one bigger than the one Squall, Zell, Irvine, and the others had lived in.

Squall looked at the basic plan for it that was lying on a table. There were to be 20 bedrooms, 2 beds in each. 10 for the girls, 10 for the boys. There was also going to be another bedroom added for Edea, Matron.

The kids would come to the Garden to eat, guided by a SeeD member or SeeD cadet in case they ran into a monster. Then, a building they would put to the side of the orphanage would be the restrooms. The last building they would add would be the place where kids are either dropped off or adopted.

Just then, Seifer came walking up the road. Either he was heading for the Garden or he was planning to help. It turns out he was heading for the Garden. Fujin and Raijin ran to catch up with him.

Squall soon started helping Zell. They got the second row of bricks down and people were starting to cement the two layers together.

~~

Back at the Garden, Quistis had soon joined Irvine waiting for the Headmaster. They heard him walk in and he smiled.

"Irvine, head to class. Xu will show you the way," Cid explained.

At that, Xu walked in. Irvine smiled. She led him out and started explaining his schedule to him. Not like he was really listening however.

"Ah Quistis, I kind of figured that you would be here," sarcastically said Cid. He laughed slightly to himself, and then said, "Let me guess. You want your Instructor position back?"

`How did he know?' Quistis asked herself.

"Yes sire. I wrote this last night, after the party," she said.

Cid laughed to himself again. He took what Quistis had written then set it down on his desk.

"I will review it then get back to you tomorrow. Dismissed," he said, sitting down.

When Quistis left, Seifer had just walked in, of course closely followed by Fujin and Raijin.

"Yes, Seifer?" Cid asked calmly.

"I was wondering if I could, well, come back to Balamb. I know you may not let me after all I did, but well, I really do wish to come back," explained Seifer.

Seifer crossed his arms across his chest. He knew it wasn't polite to do it in front of the Headmaster, or any person of significance in the Garden, but he didn't care.

"I figured you would. All right then, all three of you have classes now. I don't expect you..." started Cid, but heard the door slam in his face, and then finished quietly, "Need someone to show you around."

~~

Selphie had just gotten up. She knew that she was supposed to go and help out Zell with the building but decided to go to the Library first.

"Excuse me, do you have a book here for Mr. Zell Dincht?" asked Selphie to the Librarian.

The one there today happened to be the one that had the crush on Zell, "Why yes we do Miss. Here, take it to him."

"Thank you!" said Selphie.

She calmly walked out of the room then sprinted all the way to Zell.

~~

Back at the new orphanage that was being built, they had finally gotten about halfway done on the second layer.

Rinoa walked out of the forest and saw Selphie sprinting up to them. She frowned, and then walked over to the building. She beat Selphie, but not by much.

"Hey Rinoa!" exclaimed Selphie.

"Hi Selphie," said Rinoa.

`What has Irvine done to her now?' Rinoa asked herself, but shook off the thought.

"Hey Zell, I got something for you!" shouted Selphie.

"Can't you see I'm busy?" Zell shouted back. Squall stared at him, but they soon got back to work.

"It's something you want though! I'll just leave it here, next to these hot dogs," Selphie shouted.

She set down the book then went to go help Squall and Zell. Staggering under the weight, she slowly got the bricks in place. She knew she wouldn't be able to help forever. Only until the layers got taller than her.

Rinoa soon started to help as well but she also staggered under the weight. She had done the same as Irvine and joined to become a SeeD, even if she did hate fighting. They had told her to help out on the building for a while.

Edea soon strolled out to look at her new orphanage. She sat down on one of the chairs and watched them build. Selphie saw her and waved. Edea waved slightly back at her.

~~

In Esthar, things were going pretty good for Laguna. They had been able to clear out all the monsters that had ended up there. The city was soon bustling with people as they had taken down their protective shield.

Some workers were working on a new Space Shuttle design to send up to space. They had gotten a decent shuttle pod design done in case a emergency escape had to be done again.

Laguna had given Ellone her own room. He wanted to make her happy as much as he could to make up for all the time he had been missing in her life.

Ellone had been planning to make a trip to Balamb to see all her friends there. All she had left to do now was to go talk with Laguna

~~

Irvine sat in the back of the class and was half paying attention. He was more interested in thinking of a way to impress Selphie. The teacher looked up at Irvine.

"Mr. Kinneas, please pay attention," he snapped.

It was everyone's most hated teacher. At that, though, the door opened and in walked Seifer, Raijin, and Fujin.

"Take a seat," he instructed, and they took seats near the back of the class.

~~~~~~~

A/N: Well? Please R/R!! I will try and get chapter 2 up ASAP, but don't expect it too soon. I do have a life after all, and a website to run!