Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ After the End ❯ A Month Later ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After the End

~*~

A/N: Okay, don't ask me WHY, but I decided to rewrite this chapter. I've been thinking of rewriting this story, but never got around to it. I think it's because of a certain part I'm reading in my new book called "Someone Like You". So, this chapter will probably seem a bit different from the others, but that's cause I've improved.

Anyways, enjoy!

~*~

Disclaimer: I don't own anything, not a single thing except the original characters.

~*~

Chapter 23: A Month Later

Erin stared out the window of her dorm room. The seventeen-year-old saw some of the garden's younger students out enjoying the sun. Why did she suddenly want to be cooped up? Ever since that night, the night of one of the worst storms in history, she had wanted to be cooped up in her dorm room.

From what Aires had told her, not much had changed. Coritsu and Oritsu hadn't appeared. The world was strangely calm since they had met her brother. In fact, TOO calm.

Leaning against the wall, she closed her eyes, mind drifting back to the night of the storm.

<I>Erin hugged her knees, praying that the storm would go away. It had started out of nowhere just an hour or two ago. She didn't even know what time it was. The power had been knocked out, leaving everyone in the garden powerless. She hadn't heard from Aires or Sayrion, or anyone since the storm had hit. Erin figured that they were probably having a blast. They weren't afraid of this storm.

Even through all her rigorous training, she had never gotten over one fear. She had learned to withstand all types of weather, but there was one that still scared her. One that she knew would always scare her. Erin had learned to withstand pain from any weapon, had passed the SeeD exam with flying colors.

So why did she still have to be afraid of lightning? Why did she always end up hiding in her room, or whatever closed shelter she could find, whenever a storm hit? Too many questions swam through her head.

There was a sudden knocking sound on her door, and she meekly said, "Come in" to whoever it was. The person pried open the door, and closed it the best he could. When she looked up, she saw an about six foot, blonde haired man standing in her room. "Seifer. What do you want?" she asked coldly.

"To see how you were weathering. I couldn't find anyone else..." Seifer started.

"They are probably somewhere having a fun time, despite the weather," Erin finished as dully as she could. A flash of lightning and a rumble of thunder caused her to jump slightly, and hug her knees even tighter.

"You scared of the storm?" the man asked.

"Yeah. Whenever a storm hit when I was little, before garden, my mom would always comfort me. But when I joined garden, I always had to do it alone."

"So why is this one any different?" he asked, sitting down on her bed. "Erin, honey, you can tell me."

"Because, and I think you know this, this is </I>the<I> worst storm in history."

"Oh, right," Seifer mumbled as another roll of thunder was heard, making Erin jump again. "Need some comfort, baby?"

Erin nodded weakly as she saw another flash of lightning. Seifer scooted over to her after kicking off his shoes. She finally realized he looked even more handsome now since he had apparently left his overcoat back at his own dorm room. His built muscles were prominent in the weak light. That was one sure sign that he had done a lot of bodybuilding.

The man wrapped his arm around his now-girlfriend, and she welcomed his embrace. They kissed and she eased out of her tight, scared stance she'd, by now, gotten used to doing alone.</I>

'Why did I ever do that?' Erin wondered as she saw two young teenage girls playing with a volleyball. 'I was scared I guess. I needed comfort.'

<I>Erin sighed as she relaxed her head on Seifer's shoulder. The worries of the storm were behind her.</I>

'I was too young to know what was going on. Hell, I'm still too young.'

<I>"Feeling better, darling?" Seifer cooed softly in her ear. The teenage girl just nodded. "That's good."</I>

'I can't believe I did my first time with him. He broke my virginity, I know it, there's no way he couldn't have. Seifer has always been such a warming comfort since that day, but I can't figure out why,' Erin thought.

There was a knock on her door and Erin jumped, realizing for the first time in hours that she was still dressed in her robes. Her hair was finally dry. She'd see who it was though. If it was Seifer, he could come in. Anyone else but him, they'd be told to leave.

Erin opened the door and smiled when she saw Seifer standing there. He looked just like he did that night. 'Erin, don't think about that now of all times.'

"Come in, let me get dressed," Erin told him, and headed back to where she had been.

When the teen had showered, she thought something had seemed wrong with her normally fit physique. She didn't think about it though. She go see Dr. Kadowaki later to find out why she was suddenly gaining weight.

Erin heard footsteps and jumped again. Looking around, she saw Seifer leaning against the wall, staring at her with a smile on his face.

"Oh, yes?" Erin asked him.

"Are you planning on going somewhere, cause you seem jus fine in that robe," Seifer commented.

Erin made an hmph sound in her throat as she proceeded to find an outfit to wear. Finally picking out some shorts and a tie-back shirt, she looked back at him.

"Do you wish to watch me undress, or would you care to go somewhere else?" Erin asked him in a sharp voice.

"You sure didn't seem to care that night of the storm..." Seifer said reluctantly, not bothering to leave.

"SEIFER!" Erin growled at him.

<I>The sound of clothes falling to the floor could be heard as the two proceeded to undress, all worries aside.</I>

Erin sighed, giving in. "Fine, fine, you can stay." She untied the robe in front and allowed it to fall to the floor. Erin could have sworn she'd heard Seifer making an 'ah' sound. Erin looked back at him. "What?" the teen snapped.

"Your just beautiful, okay? I wish I could have the chance to hold you right now..." Seifer sighed.

Simply rolling her eyes, Erin returned to the task at hand. The girl quickly dressed and brushed out her hair as quickly as possible. When that was done, she went to grab her gunblade but Seifer stopped her.

"I thought we could relax for a day, just for a change, you know?" Seifer suggested.

"You never know. There might be a threat out there," Erin said, trying to keep her temper, and her powers, at bay.

"Ouch, no need to let those 'powers' out, honey! I just thought..." Seifer complained.

"Sorry," Erin quickly apologized. "But I'm taking it. I'd suggest you go get yours too."

Erin worked around him and grabbed the blade. She grabbed her belt as well, loosely putting it on, and then tied on the gunblade. Today, she didn't bother taking her jacket, feeling no need for it. It was hot out there, one of the reasons she'd taken the mid-day shower.

"Can we stop by the infirmary after your dorm? There's something I need to... do... there," Erin asked, not wanting to mention it.

"Sure, I guess," Seifer replied, and was quickly led out of the room by Erin.

~*~

(A quick A/N before I do another segment, different POV. Yes, this IS going to be much longer than probably a lot of the chapters in here. But hopefully you'll understand that I'm trying to work on this idea some more. Oh yes, and if you haven't noticed, I also did a little more maturity in this first, four-page part. Hope you don't mind, blame my book for that. I've matured as a reader, and hopefully as an author. Okay, enough blabbing, onto the next part!)

~*~

Aires sighed, wishing Dr. Kadowaki would hurry up and get to her already. The girl had so much she wanted to talk to the older woman about. Erin's erratic behavior lately, and just, well, girl talk.

<I>Aires walked towards her sister's dorm room. It'd been a week since the storm, and she hadn't seen her sister once since that day. She was starting to worry.</I>

'Now it's been a month, and I've only seen that sister of mine once! Hell, she doesn't even come out for breakfast anymore!' Aeris complained in her head.

<I>Finally reaching her destination, Aires sighed before knocking.

"Who's there?" asked the sharp voice of her sister.

Not even bothering to answer, Aires entered the room and found her sister staring out the window, dressed in a bathrobe only.

"Erin, why don't you ever come out of here in anymore? Too busy with Seifer to spend time with our only family?" Aeris asked sharply.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Erin replied in a dull tone of voice.

"You haven't come out of this room for a week, that's what I mean! Shaina and Soran ARE starting to worry, I hope you know!"

"Whatever."

Aires glared, trying to restrain her thoughts.

"Just a question. Don't worry, it's one of those sister to sister questions," Aires stated. "But when was the last time you were properly dressed?"

"Why is it any of your damn business?" Erin retaliated.

"Because, I think its Seifer. Something is going on between you two," Aires admitted her thoughts.</I>

Aeris shuddered. 'Why did I even bother? That just made things worse.'

The door opened and Dr. Kadowaki finally came in.

"Ah, Aires, you are still here. Sorry about the wait, it seems that Seifer finally dragged Erin out of her room."

"Finally?" Aires asked.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Dr. Kadowaki asked, setting down in a chair across from Aires.

"My sister. You know, she hadn't actually come out of her room til today. Ever since that storm."

"Apparently its Seifer," Dr. Kadowaki pointed out.

"Yeah, I figured that. I went to talk to her a few weeks ago, but that just made matters worse it seems. I actually never did get to the true reason I had gone there, and now I truthfully don't remember that reason..." Aires admitted.

"Well, is that all?"

"Yeah."

"You may go then."

Aires nodded and got up from her seat, hoping to catch Seifer and Erin. Before she was even out of the infirmary, and announcement blared over the intercom.

"Would the following people please report to headmaster Cid's office: Erin Siri, Aires Siri, Sayrion Siri, Shaina Fari, Soran Gira, and Seifer Almasy."

'Argh, now what!' Aires sighed.

~*~

Erin and Seifer were the first there. She hadn't even gotten the answers she'd wanted, all that woman could say was about how Erin needs to get out more (Erin had become extremely pale from lack of sunlight). They had also run into a girl named Angel Rain on the elevator, but they were in a hurry.

Soon following the two was Shaina and Soran, and then Aires, and finally Sayrion.

"Good, all of you are here. We have just received word about a mysterious attack on Deling City."

"Sounds like Coritsu and Oritsu," Erin sighed. "So, they are finally out of the little one-month shell."

"And I see you are two, Miss Siri," Cid commented, which only made the girl blush. "Anyways, we need to send all of you there immediately. Seifer, I don't know if..."

Cid was cut off before he even finished. "I'm going."

"Fine, fine, you may go. Please find Selphie for access to the Ragnarok, and a pilot for that airship."

"Thank you, sir," Sayrion stated.

"Get to Deling City immediately. You are dismissed. Good luck, all of you."

~*~*~

A/N: Woohoo! This chapter is only about three-four pages longer than it USED to be. Also, note my use of HTML.

I also know that I have just messed up the next chapter with including Seifer, but please bare with me here. I also tried to be a bit more descriptive this time, and like I said before, more mature. Anyways, please review!