Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ All That Matters ❯ Party All Night! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
All That Matters


Written by: Cherry6124
Romance/General
Irvine x Selphie pairing


A/N: Oopsie, I forgot to put a disclaimer in the last chapter...oh well. Anyway.... Hiya! ^_^ I'm kinda shocked today, 'cause I woke up real early, 6 o' clock in the morning to be specific. I need to start getting up early anyway, so I can start getting ready for school. *Sniff Sniff* School starts for me in 14 days. It's like 7:45 am so, sorry if my writing seems kinda weird, I'm still pretty tired.

I am so happy with all the reviews I've received ^_^ Thank you everyone. You don't know how much it means to me when I receive feedback, it means a lot! I love getting reviews, it motivates me to write more. Thanks again.


Disclaimer: I made sure I put one in this chapter. Well, realizing that I write fanfics, kinda indicates that I'm a fan. So, that would mean I don't own it, Squaresoft does.


---


Chapter Four "Party all night!"


"Quistis, come on!" Zell waved to her to hurry up.

"All right, I'm coming." Quistis reluctantly got in the car.

"How is everyone gonna fit in here?" Irvine asked scratching the back of his neck.

"Just get in." Squall demanded.

"We could always put Zell in the trunk." Seifer suggested.

"Yo! Hell no!" Zell screamed.

"Quistis, would you mind sitting in Seifer's lap?" Squall asked.

"Oh yeah!" Seifer grabbed Quistis's waist and pulled her down on his lap.

Quistis sighed, "Sure, why not?"

"Um, Zell, you can sit in the middle there, between Irvine and Seifer," Squall paused and looked at Selphie, "Oh, let's see, um, Irvine would you mind letting Selphie sit in your lap?"

"All righty! Come here Sefie." Irvine winked.

Selphie blushed, "O-ok."

Rinoa sat in the front seat giggling. Squall sat in the drivers seat and started the car.

"Now, where are we going again?" Squall asked before leaving.

"To the new club in Balamb." Rinoa replied.

"All right." Squall drove away from the Garden.

Rinoa turned around and looked at Selphie. She noticed that Irvine's arms were around Selphie's waist, did Selphie notice?

Selphie couldn't help but blush. She felt so safe in his strong arms. She was actually quite happy when Squall suggested she sit in Irvine's lap, too bad it wasn't gonna be a long ride, because she didn't want it to end.

Zell's hand slipped from his lap. His hand accidentally fell on Quistis's leg.

"Oops." Before Zell could remove it, Seifer caught hold of this.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO QUISTY, CHICKEN-WUSS!" Seifer screamed at Zell.

"It was an accident! Sorry!" Zell removed his hand.

Quistis just sighed, as the two males started to fight.

"Don't touch her again, or else!" Seifer threatened.

"I wouldn't want to touch her in the first place!" Zell argued back.

"What, are you saying my Quistis isn't sexy and that you would want to touch her?" Seifer glared at Zell.

"No! She's hot, but I wouldn't touch her." Zell said nervously.

"ARGH! Don't call my Quistis sexy! Only I can call her that!" Seifer yelled, and punched Zell in the face.

"Stop it you two!" Quistis tried to restrain her boyfriend.

"No! I'm gonna teach chicken-wuss a lesson." Seifer kicked him in the shin.

"Not in the car guys! It's too crowded, someone's gonna get hurt." Rinoa nudge Squall.

"Guys, Rinoa's right, someone is gonna get hurt, so stop fighting." Squall tried to concentrate on the road.

"You damn right someone is gonna get hurt, and it's gonna be him!" Zell punched Seifer in the face.

"STOP IT!" Quistis yelled, but the two boys paid no attention.

"Are we there yet?" Irvine asked bored.

"Please stop, Quistis and I don't want to be apart of this." Selphie pleaded.

Just then, Zell avoided Seifer's punch and moved out of the way. Seifer accidentally punched Irvine.

"Oops." Seifer said.

"Ow, dammit Seifer!" Irvine rubbed his cheek.

"I told you someone would get hurt!" Rinoa glared at Seifer and Zell.

"I didn't start it!" Seifer threw up his arms.

"...Whatever" Squall mumbled.

"Are you ok, Irvy?" Selphie asked.

"Yeah, at least you didn't get hurt." Irvine smiled.

His smile, it was so warm and peaceful. It was like being in a dream, just with her and him.

"We're here." Squall parked the car in the parking lot.

Seifer and Quistis got out first.

"Come on Quisty, I said I was sorry." Seifer gave Quistis the puppy dog look.

"I told you not to fight, didn't I? Now look at what you done, someone got hurt." Quistis tapped her foot on the ground, while her arms were crossed.

"I'm fine Quistis." Irvine got out, then held out his hand and help Selphie out.

"Tee Hee, thanks!" Selphie smiled.

Squall walked over to Rinoa's side, and opened the door for her.

"Come on guys, let's forgive and forget, ok?" Rinoa got out of the car.

"Tch... fine." Zell jumped out of the car.

"Fine." Seifer turned his head.

"Come on guys, let's party!" Selphie ran towards the door, and went in, followed by the others.

They noticed a table in the corner of the club, and they all took their seats there. A waitress came up and handed them all menus.

"Welcome to the Balamb Fish. I'm Kristy, and I'll be your waitress," The waitress finished giving the menus out, "what would you like to drink?"

"Beer." Seifer said.

"Seifer!?" Quistis was taken back by his order.

Squall looked at everyone else and got their orders, "The rest will have water."

The waitress nodded and walked off.

"Beer!? I didn't know you drink." Quistis looked down.

"I don't, but I heard it was good." Seifer grinned.

"Ew, gross, beer is nasty." Zell added.

"I'm surprised she didn't ask for an ID, maybe she thought you were old enough." Rinoa commented.

"Well, I do look like I could pass for an adult." Seifer snickered.

Selphie decided to change the subject, "I didn't know this place was a restaurant too."

"I heard it was a restaurant, and they have karaoke for entertainment while you eat." Rinoa responded.

"Hmm..." Irvine looked over the menu.

"I wonder if they have hot-dogs here?" Zell thought aloud, everyone choose to ignore his comment.

"I'm not really all that hungry. I ate before we left." Quistis put her menu down.

The others nodded in agreement, no one was hungry, because they all ate before they left.

"Why don't we all get some appetizers then?" Squall suggested.

"Good idea." Selphie replied.

"So like...what kind of appetizers?" Irvine asked, still looking over at the menu.

"How 'bout chips and salsa?" Rinoa suggested.

"Oh yeah, booyaka! I love chips and salsa." Selphie cheerfully commented.

The waitress came back holding the tray with the drinks on it. She handed the beer to Seifer, and water to everyone else. Everyone handed her their menus.

"Can I take your order now?" The waitress asked.

"We'll just have some chips and salsa, please." Squall replied.

"All right then, I'll be back shortly." The waitress walked off.

The table could fit seven people, it was just right for them. On one side, Quistis sat next to Seifer, and Rinoa sat on the other side of Quistis. Across the table, Selphie sat next to Irvine, and Squall sat across from Rinoa. Zell, sat on the end of the table, in the middle of Squall and Rinoa.

Seifer took a sip of his *ahem* beer, "Oh, that's good."

"Seifer, I really don't want you to start drinking." Quistis shook her head in disappointment.

"Ah, don't worry bout it, I won't get drunk." Seifer smiled at Quistis, something she doesn't see too often.

"We should have asked for hot-dogs." Zell said disappointedly.

"Not everyone likes hot-dogs, Zell." Irvine responded.

"Hmph." Zell pouted.

Selphie put a straw in her drink, and took a sip, "You know, it's really great being here with all of you. We don't spend too much time together anymore, now that we are all SeeDs."

"That's right, we're the orphanage gang, we should spend more time together!" Zell added.

"Too bad I'm not apart of the orphanage gang." Rinoa looked down.

"You're still are friend Rin," Quistis patted her back, "and we all love you very much."

Rinoa smiled, "Thanks."

The waitress came back, and put the chips and salsa in the middle of the table.

"Is there anything else you need?" She asked.

"No, we're fine." Squall answered.

She nodded, and walked off.

"Oh yeah! Let's dig in," Selphie took a chip, dipped it in the salsa, and ate it, "yummy!"


---

It had been at least an hour later. They were finished with their appetizers, and now were enjoying talking to each other, but there was a slight problem.

"I want more beeeeeeeeeeeeeer!" Seifer said with his words slurred.

"No more Seifer! You had enough already." Quistis took his glass away.

"Awww! You want some beeeeeeeerrrrr toooooooo." He grinned.

"No! Seifer, you said you wouldn't get drunk." Quistis said, she was now concerned for her boyfriend.

"*hiccup* Aww, Quisty, lighten up a little bit. Let's drink together, then I'll give you a biiiiiiiiiggggg surprise when we get back," Seifer took his glass back, then held it up in the air, "more beer!"

Quistis sighed in frustration, "Why do I even put up with you? Give me a beer too."

"Quistis, um, I don't think you should have some beer, just look at Seifer." Rinoa pointed to Seifer, who stuck his tongue out and poured the last drops of beer on it.

"Well, I know, but I'm so frustrated right now, I can't even think." The waitress handed her a beer.

"Quistis, we have a SeeD mission tomorrow, I don't think you should be drinking." Squall reminded her.

"I'll only have one glass, it won't hurt." Quistis took a sip.

"Yeah, that's what Seifer said, and look at him now." Irvine said sarcastically.

"I never thought I see the day when Seifer would be acting like a moron." Zell put his head down on the table.

"SeeD SeeeeeeeeeeeeD SeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeD." Seifer sung out loud.

Selphie shook her head in disappointment. She wanted everyone to get out and enjoy themselves, but not to get drunk. She was against drinking. She didn't approve of it, it was wrong. Maybe going out wasn't a good idea anyway.

"Want some *hiccup* beer too?" Seifer waved his glass around in front of Zell.

"No, I don't wa-"

Seifer poured some beer down Zell's throat.

"Aaaack!" Zell coughed.

Rinoa slapped her forehead, "Quistis, make him stop forcing Zell to drink. Quistis?"

"Hahahahahahahaha! Enjoy yourself Zell and have some beer!" Quistis slid a glass over to Zell.

"Quistis?" Rinoa, Squall, Irvine, and Selphie said in unison.

"Hehe, yes?" Quistis took another sip.

"Your drunk." Squall said, shaking his head.

"I am not!" Quistis frowned.

"How can she get drunk, she only had one drink." Rinoa sighed.

"Maybe she's one of those people who get drunk easily." Irvine commented.

"Hey! I'm gonna go sing to *hiccup* to my woman." Seifer stood up and walked towards the stage.

"Oh no." Selphie put her head down on the table.

"Ack! I can't drink this." Zell slid the glass back towards Quistis.

"Awwww you party pooper!" Quistis started to drink the beer.

Everyone turned and faced the stage, there a drunk Seifer stood holding the microphone.

"This song is dedicated to my woman *hiccup* Quisty." Seifer cleared his throat.

Quistis clapped her hands together, "Yaaaaay!"

The music started to play.


'When ever sing my *hiccup* soooooooooooooongs

on the stage, on myyyyyyyy owwwwwwwwwn *hiccup*

Whenever *hiccup* said my wooooorrrrds, wishing they would be heeeeaaardd

I saaaaaaaw yoooouuu smilllllllllllinggggg at meeeeee *hiccup*

Was it real, or just my *hiccup* uh.... Fantasy!

Yooooooooooooo always be there in the coooooorrrrrner of this tiiiny little baaaarrrr *hiccup*'


Rinoa and Selphie covered up there ears. Every word he sung was slurred, and he held each note too long. His voice was off key, and not to mention the fact that he hiccup during each line.

"Boo! Get off the stage." Zell booed at Seifer.

Squall and Irvine both looked at each other and nodded.

They walked up to the stage and grabbed Seifer.

"Hey *hiccup* I'm not done yet." Seifer said.

"Yes, you are, come on, you're scaring people away." Irvine grabbed his arm and led him off the stage.

Squall grabbed his other arm, and made sure he made it to his seat.

"That was beautiful dear." Quistis hugged Seifer.

"Aww, thank you Quisty." Everyone groaned.

"I'm getting tired now, can we go?" Selphie rubbed her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm tired too." Rinoa put her head on Squall's shoulder.

Selphie frowned and thought to herself, "Wish I had someone to do that with."

"Yeah, Quistis and I need to get back since we have a SeeD mission tomorrow. And she needs to get some sleep too." Squall added.

"I have class tomorrow too, so I need some rest." Irvine leaned back in his chair.

"What time is it?" Zell asked.

Squall look down at his watch, "It's 10:25, we could do something for thirty minutes before we have to go back."

"Wow, weren't you the one who said that we shouldn't stay out late." Rinoa joked.

"Yeah, but I thought we could just go down to the beach for a while and spend sometime alone together." Squall said to Rinoa, ignoring everyone else around the table.

"Yo man, what about us single people? " Zell said, referring to him, Irvine, and Selphie.

Rinoa giggled, "Um, you can just run around and make a sand castle."

"Tch. Fine." Zell pouted again.

Everyone got up from their seats. Squall paid for the drinks and appetizers, and they left for the car. They all sat back in their original seats, Quistis on Seifer's lap, Zell in the middle, Squall driving, Rinoa in the passenger seat, and Selphie on Irvine's lap next to Zell.

Rinoa and Squall chatted among themselves, Quistis fell asleep on Seifer's shoulder. They both seemed to be calmed down, and a little sober now. Zell just rolled his eyes, and looked at the stars, wondering if he and the library girl would ever get together. Irvine just stared out the window. Selphie, she wanted to get his attention, so she took his hat and placed it on her head.

He turned and smiled at her, "Hey, you look good in my hat."

"Of course, you look better in it." She put it back on his head.

"All right, couples let's go." Rinoa grabbed Squall's hand and they walked off together.

Seifer carried Quistis out of the car, and they both left, leaving the single people in the car.

Zell jumped out and kicked the ground, "Tch. It's not fair, I don't have a girlfriend, and all they are gonna do is lovey dovey stuff, leaving us out."

"I don't think I would want to join them anyway." Selphie giggled and got out of the car.

Irvine just sat there, staring at the stars.

"Whatcha thinking about?" She interrupted his train of thought.

"Uh, nothing just lookin' at those stars."

Selphie was bored, real bored. She wanted to tell Irvine how she really felt about him, was tonight the perfect night?

"Hey, play with me?" Selphie tilted her head to one side.

"I don't know, I'm kinda tired." Irvine got out of the car and shut the door.

Selphie frowned the grabbed his hat.

"Hey hey hey, give that back." Irvine reached for it, but she moved it out of his reach.

"Nope, if you want it, come get it." Selphie ran of towards the water.

"Hey, come on Sefie." Irvine ran after her.

Zell's right eye twitched, "Oh no! Not them too," He walked towards the beach, alone.

---

Rinoa and Squall held hands while sitting together on the beach. There feet were just inches from the water. Rinoa took off her shoes and she ran out in the water. Squall smiled and took off his shoes, rolled up his pants, and followed her.

"Tonight will be are last night together for a few days." Rinoa looked at the stars.

"Yeah, let's make the best out of it." Squall and Rinoa noticed a shooting star.

Rinoa pointed her finger up at the sky, "Doesn't that remind you of something?"

"The first day I met you, how could I forget?" Squall pulled her closer to him.

"Did you make a wish?" Rinoa asked.

"Huh?" Squall looked at her confused.

"You don't know?!" Rinoa said in shock.

"Know what?" Squall just stared at her.

"When you see a shooting star, you make a wish. I'm surprised you didn't know that." Rinoa smiled.

"Oh, well, I know now. Did you make a wish?" Squall asked.

"Yep."

"What was it?"

Rinoa leaned foreword and kissed Squall on the lips.

"My wish was to get a kiss from you." She giggled and they kissed once more.

---

The two once drunken couple, now half sober sat next to each other on the sand. Their hands were intertwined with each other, and Quistis rested her head on Seifer's shoulder.

"I wish I didn't have that beer," Quistis said, "because, now I don't feel so good, and I have a SeeD mission tomorrow."

"I'm sorry Quisty, I shouldn't have letting you drink. I knew you have to go somewhere tomorrow." Seifer squeezed their hands together.

"I'm gonna miss you Seifer." Quistis looked up at him.

"I'm gonna miss you too Quisty." Seifer leaned down and kissed the instructor on the lips.

She giggled, "Taste like beer."

"Oh, my bad." Seifer turned red, and shrugged.

"I'm so tired." Quistis looked up at the sky.

Yeah, wanna go back to the car and wait for everyone?" Seifer offered.

"No, I just want to spend some time together with you, alone." Quistis wrapped her arms around her boyfriend, and kissed him again.

"I love you Seifer."

"I love you too Quistis."

The two kissed once more.

---

Selphie ran as fast as her little legs would take her. Irvine was close behind her.

"Geez, I didn't know he was a fast runner." Selphie thought to herself.

"You can't catch me Irvy!" She teased and ran faster.

"You wanna bet, Sefie?" Irvine got closer.

Selphie reached the water, "Uh oh, better turn back."

When she turned around, there he was, standing in front of her, hunched over, panting.

"Damn Sefie, you wore me out. I haven't ran like that in years." Irvine joked.

"Tee Hee, well then, I think you need more exercise." She winked and went to run again, but he grabbed her arm.

"Aw, come on Selph, I really am tired." Irvine stood up from his hunched over position.

Selphie just grinned, and took off running. Irvine followed suit. After running for a good five minutes non stop, they were both just plain tired. Selphie stopped for a second to take a breath, but Irvine grabbed her. She giggled and held the hat away from him. He went to grab it, but that's when it happen, he trip on his own self, and him and Selphie fell to the ground. Irvine's cowboy hat left Selphie's hands too, of course, and fell to the ground with them.

"Uh, Irvy?" Selphie said nervously. The cowboy had accidentally landed on top of her.

"I'm real sorry Sefie, I didn't mean to trip us." He rolled over and sat up.

Selphie's face turned a crimson color, "It's ok Irvy."

Irvine grabbed his hat and dusted it off, "I haven't had that much fun in a long time."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Selphie was confused.

"Hey you two love birds, we're leaving." Zell called out for them.

"Come on, let's go." Irvine stood up, and held his hand out for Selphie.

Selphie accepted it, and yawned, "I'm so tired." She stood up, and stumbled the first few steps, "Ack, I must really be tired."

"Want a piggy back ride?" Irvine offered.

Selphie giggled, "Oh yeah!"

Irvine knelt down so she could jump on his back. He couldn't even tell if she was on or not because she weighed as much as a feather.

He just smiled as he walked to the car with an angel on his back.

---

"Geez, what took you guys so long?" Zell crossed his arms.

Everyone was already set in the car, as they waited patiently for Irvine and Selphie to get in.

"Hush Zell, Quisty is sleeping." Seifer snapped quietly.

"Yeah, Rin is asleep too." Squall rubbed Rinoa's leg, she just mumbled his name in her sleep.

"I think this one is asleep too." Irvine got in the car and Selphie sat comfortably in his lap.

Selphie's head was buried in Irvine's chest. Irvine just wrapped his arm around her, and held her close.

"You know what..." Zell started, "I think, Irvine has a crush on Selphie."

Irvine blushed, "Yeah, whatever, we're just friends."

"Liar! I can tell you like her." Zell pointed his finger in Irvine's face.

"I said shut up! Quisty is sleeping." Seifer said much louder then last time.

The rest of the ride was silent, even though there wasn't much of a ride left, since they were right there by the Garden. Squall drove in the parking lot, and parked the car.

"We're gonna go back to our dorm now, so we'll see ya later. Oh and um...thanks for inviting us." Seifer walked away with a sleeping Quistis in his arms.

"Well, I'm gonna head off too, see ya tomorrow before ya leave Squall, bye!" Zell ran off waving good-bye.

"...Whatever." Squall walked over to the passenger side, and grabbed Rinoa and carried her off.

"I'll see you two tomorrow, bye." Squall left for his dorm with Rinoa in his arms.

"Hey Sefie, come on wake up." Irvine shook Selphie gently.

Selphie's eyes opened slowly, "Are we back to the Garden already?"

"Yeah, well, I'll see you tomorrow. Want me to walk you to your dorm?" Irvine offered.

"Nah, I'll be fine, thanks though." Selphie yawned and stretched.

"All righty then, I'll see ya later." Irvine waved and left.

Selphie smiled and waved back.

---

Selphie was now back in her dorm. She was in her blue pajamas with the yellow and blue stars on them, and she also wore a long dark blue night shirt. She hopped in bed and thought of the incidents that occurred today. The first time she had ever witnessed Seifer act like a moron, the first time, and most likely the last time they all see Quistis act like, well a dumb blonde, how she sat in Irvine's lap in the car ride, her and Irvine flirting at the beach. Well, she thought it was flirting, maybe he did too. She just hugged her teddy bear close to her and shed tears of joy.

"Oh Irvy, today was a great day!" She turned off her lamp and pulled the covers over her head and fell asleep.


To be continued...


---

A/N: Ok, well how did you like it? I know I kinda made Quistis and Seifer out of character, and I'm real sorry about it. I hoped you enjoyed them in this fanfic though. I really couldn't think of a creative title for this chapter, I had some real good ones in my head, but they just don't seem right now that I finished. Ok, so please review and tell me what you think. ^_^ Bye!

I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention: Do not try beer! It's bad for you. I haven't tried it before and I probably never will, but I don't want people to get the idea that you should drink beer. Don't!!!

-Cherry6124-