Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ All That Matters ❯ Opening Up ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
All That Matters

Written by: Cherry6124
Romance/General
Irvine x Selphie pairing


A/N: Thanks for all the reviews guys! It really means a lot to me when you review. I'm happy that you all enjoyed the last chapter. ^_^ I was thinking about using 'Dreaming of You' by Selena as the main theme song for this fanfic. The lyrics are perfect, and they fit Selphie in this fanfic perfectly. I don't know; you'll see more of the song in later chapters. I was in bed trying to get to sleep, but I kept thinking of what to write for the rest of the fanfic. I have it all planned out here *points to her head* Yep. So, I'll write as much as I can for now. I really like writing this fic, and have a hard time leaving it alone. I can't, must type fanfic. *Looks around a room of people staring at her* Um... I'll get to the fic.


Disclaimer: I own it! I own it all, and you don't....Ok so maybe I don't own Final Fantasy 8, but we can all dream a little, right?

---

Chapter Seven "Opening Up."


Selphie tossed and turned in her sleep. Her pillow fell from her bed, and her legs were entangled in the sheets. She frowned in her dreams. Suddenly, her eyes shot open.

"Ugh," She rubbed her eyes, "I had that nightmare again, Irvy."

Her teddy bear laid at the foot of the bed. She reached out for it, and cuddled with it. She looked at the clock, which read 3:00. It was early, but at least she got some sleep. She realized how cold it was, and remembered she opened the window before she went to sleep. She got up, and closed it.

"So much for no nightmares." Selphie turned around and went to her dresser.

She didn't feel like struggling to get back to bed, so she got in dressed in her usual yellow dress, and clunky boots. She took her hair tie and pulled her hair back in a ponytail. On her way out, she grabbed her Strange Vision and walked out of the dorm.

---

She made her way to the training center. She hadn't been there in a long time. She never really trained anymore, and now would be a good time to, so she can get her mind off of things.

When she arrived, she noticed she was the only one there training. That was ok, because she wanted to be alone anyway.

"Ok, so let's find one of those annoying grat things." She mumbled to herself.

She proceeded deeper into the training center, and finally found two grats.

"Hehe," She wanted to surprise attack them, to catch them off guard. She decided she would use a 'Firaga' spell to fry those plant wannabes, "Firaga!" She said softly, but nothing happened.

"That's strange.... Wait! I forgot to junction my Leviathan!" Selphie yelled out.

The grats heard the noise and spotted Selphie, and raced over to her, and the battle begun.

One of the grats used 'gastric juice' on Selphie, but she quickly avoided it.

"This is gonna be hard if all I can do is attack." Selphie thought to herself.

Selphie wasn't concentrating hard enough. She was lost in her train of thought, she didn't notice one of the grats get closer. The Grat hit her a few times with it's vine like thing.

"Ouch, your gonna pay for that one." Selphie slung her nuchucku at the Grat.

The Grat made a weird noise, then tried to cast sleep on Selphie.

"No way! I'm not going back to sleep." The Grat missed with the spell.

Just then, the ground started to shake badly. Selphie couldn't keep her balance, and she fell on her bottom. The two grats retreated, somehow knowing what was happening.

"What's going on?" Selphie looked around.

The shaking stopped for a second, then out of no where, a T-rexaur came out of the trees, roaring at Selphie.

Now, Selphie was too scared to get up. She could, but her legs and arms went numb, and she was scared for her life.

The T-rexaur roared again, and again, then moved closer to Selphie. She closed her eyes tight, and prayed she would be ok.

"Blind!" Someone familiar yelled out.

Before she knew it she was running away from the T-rexaur with the person who saved her life.

The two made it to a save area, away from the T-rexaur. Selphie noticed this place, it was the secret area.

"Thank you Seifer, you save my life!" Selphie said, grateful Seifer was around.

"Yeah yeah..." Seifer turned to walk away.

"What are you doing up so late?" Selphie asked.

"I wanted to train, and I couldn't sleep," Seifer answered, "you?"

"I had another nightmare, so I came here to get my mind off of it."

"You almost died out there, you know that." Seifer sat down on the ground to take a break.

"Yeah, thanks to you, I'm not dead. Why did you come to help me?" Selphie sat down next to him.

"Cause, you looked like you needed help, and you're Quisty's friend, and I guess mine too..."

Selphie smiled and thought to herself, "So Seifer does have a heart after all."

"You said you had a nightmare, what was it about?" Seifer asked.

"Um, well, are you sure you won't tell anyone?" Selphie asked.

"Cross my heart." Seifer did a little 'x' across his chest.

"Ok, for the past two weeks now, I've been having this nightmare every night...." Selphie begun.

"A premonition?" Seifer asked.

"I don't think so, let me go on," She took a deep breath, "I am standing in this flower field all alone, when I notice one tree in the middle of the field. When I get closer to it, I can see a figure, but I don't know who it is cause I can't see the face. When I keep moving to the tree, it seems like I'm walking in backwards, cause the tree gets further and further away from me. Then it starts raining. The figure and the tree disappear, and I try to find shelter, but I notice that I'm not going anywhere. I was lost in an endless flower field. And that's about the time I wake up."

Seifer stared at her for a second, "Sounds like a premonition to me."

"What makes you think that?"

"Well, if you have it every night, it's probably trying to tell you something." Seifer stood up.

"Oh, well, I don't think so. So, why can't you sleep?" Selphie asked.

"Oh, I miss Quistis by my side. Her side of the bed is so cold now, I just can't sleep without her." Seifer started walking out of the secret area.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going back to my dorm, night." Seifer walked out the exit, and disappeared from Selphie's sight.

"Hmm...at least he opened up to me." Selphie shrugged and went back to her dorm as well.

---

Selphie made her way to the cafeteria. When she went back to her dorm after leaving the training room, she was able to fall asleep. She was so tired, she woke up at noon, which was right now. She was still pretty hungry from training in the training room earlier; she even felt like eating hot-dogs, and lots of them.

"Hey Selph!" Zell had said in the lunch line.

"Hiya Zell! Oh, I'm am so hungry I think I can eat the all of the hot-dogs." Selphie joked, not knowing Zell would take it seriously.

"OVER MY DEAD BODY!" Zell pushed through people and ran to the front of the line.

Selphie stood there dumbfounded, "What was that all about?"

Finally, the line died down, and Selphie got her tray and made it to the table. Rinoa was sitting there with a big smile on her face. Zell, who had four hot-dogs on his tray, gave Selphie an evil glare.

"Uhh..." Selphie sat next to Rinoa, across from Zell.

"What's up with Zell?" Rinoa asked.

"I just said I was so hungry I could eat all the hot-dogs, and he-oh, that's the problem." Selphie noticed her mistake, and slap her forehead.

"Zell, you over react sometimes." Rinoa commented.

"Well, I just didn't want her to get all the hot-dogs, that's all." Zell shoved a hot-dog in his mouth.

"Oh come on Zell, I was joking. You really think I could eat all those?" Selphie started on her hot-dog.

"No..." Zell started on the second one.

"That's why you are so petite, you never eat." Rinoa added.

"I do eat, just not as much as some people." Selphie took another bite, then stopped, "Uhh..."

"Huh?" Zell and Rinoa said in unison.

"I'm full." Selphie put the hot-dog down.

"See what I mean? You have so much energy, and you need to eat food to keep it." Rinoa said with some concern in her voice.

"You mean...you won't eat the rest?" Zell looked at the hot-dog, then back a Selphie.

"No, you can-" Selphie was cut off.

"Thanks!" Zell grabbed the half hot-dog and put it on his tray with the others.

"-Have it." Selphie finished.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, Squall and Quistis are coming back today." Rinoa said squeezing Selphie's hand.

"How could you forget to tell me that, Seifer is gonna be so happy to see Quisty!"

"No, don't tell him, Quistis wants to surprise him." Rinoa grinned.

"Oh, he's gonna love that." Selphie grinned back.

Rinoa looked at her watch, "They should be here soon."

"So, where's Irvine?" Selphie said looking around the cafeteria.

"Who knows," Zell said, finishing his food, "Want me to take your trays, ladies?"

The girls handed their trays to him, "Thanks Zell."

Zell nodded his head, and put the trays back up.

"Oh, I know where he is. He said he was gonna sleep in real late." Selphie smiled.

"Why don't you go wake him up?" Rinoa suggested.

"Nah, I'll let him sleep. He needs it."

"Not as much as you, you have circles under your eyes." Rinoa's face got serious.

"I'm fine, really." Selphie looked away.

"Uh huh, and I'm not really a sorceress, now tell me the truth."

"It's just nightmares, that's all." Selphie said quietly.

"Are you sure they're just nightmares?" Rinoa asked.

"Yeah, see I told you I was fine." Selphie tried to put on a smile.

"No, you aren't, tell me about the nightmares." Rinoa demanded.

"I don't want to say it all again, but you can ask Seifer, I told him." Selphie put her head down on the table.

"You told Seifer before me?!" Rinoa screamed out, not mad, just surprised.

"It's really a long story about how I got to telling him, just talk to him later, I'm sure he'll tell you. But if he does, keep it a secret ok?"

"Why?" Rinoa cocked her head to one side.

"Cause, I don't want sympathy from the others about it." Selphie raised her head.

"Oh ok, I see." Rinoa frowned, she was really worried for her friend.

The cafeteria doors opened, and in stepped two familiar people, Squall and Quistis.

"Is it good to be back in the garden or what?" Quistis said, placing her hands behind her back.

Squall just nodded, and noticed Selphie and Rinoa.

"Hey guys, we're back." Quistis stood next to the table.

"Quistis, Squall, you're back already!" Selphie jumped up and gave them both a hug.

"Hey..." Squall walked over to Rinoa and gave her a big kiss on the lips.

"Hey to you too, it's so good to see you again." Rinoa hugged her boyfriend tight, not letting go for anything.

"Where's Seifer?" Quistis looked around the cafeteria for her boyfriend.

"Over there." Rinoa let one hand go to point over at Seifer sitting with Fujin, and Rajin.

"Ok, thanks. It's good to see you guys again, I'll talk to you later." Quistis waved and went to Seifer's table.

---

"I'm full, ya know?" Rajin finish drinking the last carton of milk.

"IGNORE." Fujin looked away.

"Fuj, you're mean to me, ya know?" Rajin made a puppy dog-face.

"AFFIRMITIVE."

Seifer just rolled his eyes, and thought of Quistis. He missed her so much, he was aching. He never thought he could love one person so much, that it would hurt sometimes. He had to thank Rinoa. Rinoa knew that he liked Quistis, so she talked to Quistis about Seifer. When Seifer found out that Quistis liked him, he asked her out. It was all thanks to Rinoa for her help, she really was something.

"Guess who?" Someone placed there hands over his eyes so he couldn't see who, but he knew.

"Quisty?!" Seifer said surprise.

"Yeah, hey, I'm back." Quistis withdrew her hands.

Seifer jumped up from his chair and grabbed her waist, "I missed you so much Quisty, I really did."

"Hehe, I missed you too," Quistis kissed him on the cheek, "wanna come to my classroom with me, I have some stuff I need to get."

'Sure, I would love to." Seifer waved bye to the posse and followed his girlfriend.

---

Selphie pointed to the two love birds exiting, "Look at Seifer and Quistis, they're so cute together."

"Not as cute as me and my Squally." Rinoa giggled.

Squall took Rinoa's hand, "I have to go give Headmaster Cid my report, do you want to join me?"

"Sure!" Rinoa followed Squall out of the cafeteria.

On there way out, Irvine walked in. He noticed the two, and tipped his hat and waved. He made his way over to Selphie.

"Hey Sefie." Irvine sat down in the chair across from her.

"Hi, how's your arm?" Selphie was still worried about his arm.

"Oh, it's feeling better everyday." Irvine replied.

"That's good. So did you have a nice sleep?" Selphie asked, knowing he slept all day.

"Yep, I'm all refreshed." Irvine smirked.

"Um, you know how you said you wanted me to go to the Autumn Ball with you?" Selphie asked nervously, but she wanted to tell him.

"Yeah, you still up for it?" Irvine put his feet in the chair next to him.

"Well, I want to, but you said you were gonna dance with some other girls, so maybe I should just go alone, and you can just dance with me when you have time." Selphie already regretted saying that, but she felt uncomfortable going to a dance with someone she mostly likely wasn't gonna dance with.

"Oh, well, I'll make sure I'll save a dance for you. I promise." Irvine gave her a wink.

"Thanks Irvy." She smiled back at him.

"Sup Irvine." Zell came back to the table.

"What took you so long getting back?" Selphie asked.

Zell just pointed behind him. The table he pointed at was the table the library girl, Laurie sat at.

"Oh I see." Selphie tried not to giggle.

"Hitting on the girls now, eh?" Irvine joked.

"No, I just wanted to talk to her." Zell blushed.

"Sorry guys, but I have some important things to do today, I'll see you later." Selphie got up, and left the cafeteria.

---

Selphie stood outside Headmaster Cid's office, waiting patiently for her turn to go in. Finally, Squall and Rinoa came out.

"Hey Selphie, what are you doing out here?" Rinoa asked, holding Squall's hand.

"Oh, I need to use the PA." Selphie replied.

"Oh, ok bye then." Rinoa and Squall left together again.

Selphie smiled, and entered the office.

"Yes, Selphie, what is it?" Headmaster Cid said while going through some papers.

"Can I use the PA system?" Selphie asked.

"Sure, but make it snappy, ok?" Cid fiddled with his glasses.

"Yes, sir." Selphie walked over to the PA system, and turned it on.

"One, two, three, testing, ok is this on... *ahem* Hello everyone, this is Selphie Tilmitt, president of the Garden Festival Committee, speaking. I need all of the festival committee members to meet me in the Quad in ten minutes, I repeat, all festival committee members meet me in the Quad in ten minutes, thank you." Selphie turned off the PA system.

"Oh, what are you planing, Miss Tilmitt?" Cid asked curiously.

"You'll have to go to the Autumn Ball to find out. Thank you for letting me use it, bye." Selphie did the salute and rushed over to the Quad.

---

Selphie sat on the stage waiting for all the members to arrive. Finally, after the ten minutes were up, the twenty members were seated in front of the stage.

"Why did you call this meeting Miss Selphie?" One of the female members asked. She always called Selphie, Miss Selphie, out of respect.

"Oh, remember when I said if anyone has any ideas, come to me, well I have one." Selphie grabbed her festival committee notebook.

"What's are you gonna plan?" Another member asked.

"I just wanted to remind you all, and tell you about my idea, that's why your here. Um, let's see, oh yeah, next week, we will be in the ballroom all day cleaning up the place. Then a week before the festival, we are going to begin setting it all up. Got that?" Selphie pointed to a boy in the front see.

"Um, what about the students who still have classes?" He asked.

"Oh, Headmaster Cid said that you all have an excuse to leave. Besides, I'll call you on the PA before we leave, so your instructors will know where you will be at." Selphie responded.

"Um, so next week, we have to just clean up the ballroom?" Another student asked.

"Yeah, have you seen it lately, it's horrible looking, so I wanted to get it cleaned up. It's might take more then a day, so we might have to do it a second day too, but it shouldn't be over that." Selphie closed her notebook.

"What was your idea, Miss Selphie?" A female member asked.

"Oh, I want the last song to be 'Dreaming of You.' I know a lot of people were expecting 'Eyes on Me,' but we use that song at every festival, it's time for a change now. How's it sound?"

"That's a great idea Selphie, everyone will love it." All the members agreed, it was a great idea.

"Thank you, ok you are all free to go now, bye." Selphie jumped off the stage and left for her dorm.

---

Selphie hopped on her bed and turned on the radio. She listen to a few songs while she wrote something down in her agenda.

"Hmmm... it's only four weeks away. I wonder if Irvine will save the last dance for me." Selphie thought aloud.

Selphie closed her agenda, and put it back in her night stand drawer. She got up and went to the bathroom. She decided to take a quick shower, then get in bed. After she was through with that, she got in her favorite pajamas, the ones with little chicobos on it, and she turned her lamp off.

"Ok, I will have happy dreams tonight, no bad dreams." Selphie took a deep breath, then went to bed.


To be Continued...

---

A/N: Ok, how was it? Too boring? Anyway, I know that Dreaming of You is actually a real song, and I shouldn't use it in my fanfic, but I thought the lyrics were perfect, and Eyes on Me is used too much in a lot of Final Fantasy 8 fanfics lately. Also, today I just started school, so I am a very busy high school girl now. I haven't had time to get on the computer lately, so I might not be able to get my fanfics written, and upload like I used to. So, please have patients with me, thanks.

-Cherry6124-