Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Endings ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Endings
By Aya1412
 
Disclaimers don't make fanfiction legal.
I realize that this is just a drabble, but I would really appreciate your reviews anyway.
 
Our stories will end together. The first time Auron had told him that, it had sounded very threatening. The word `end' rang harshly in his ears, taunting him with a life that would never be lived, love that would never be returned, friendships that would be lost.... There was a whole world that Tidus would never get to fully explore. The many fayth that he owed his existence to were worn out; dreaming had made them tired. It was an oxymoron he would probably have found amusing if he wasn't going to die soon. Sin had touched him and now Tidus was alive enough to experience death, but not real enough to exist without the fayth. It frightened him. As their journey continued, he got used to the idea of his own mortality. He realized that his death was inevitable, but the most important thing was that like his father, and unlike his friends from home, he was able to experience the real world. As much as he loved Zanarkand, Tidus found that the sounds had never seemed as clear, the colors never as bright, as they did in Spira. He had been given a precious gift and while frightened of his coming doom, Tidus could honestly say that he preferred this fleeting reality to the eternal dream that was his homeland. Now, Auron's words no longer sounded so ominous. Instead they were comforting, reminding Tidus that he was far from being alone in his fate; he had his father and Auron. Their stories would end, yes. But they would end together.