Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Fianl Fantasy Ten Too Much ❯ What is this? Freedy Kreuger? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Lulu… I'm sorry…" Yuna said, shaking her head and beginning to cry. "I can cure poison… many… many kinds… apparently I can't cure venom… I wish I never found out… like this."

Lulu put her hand on Yuna's shoulder, wanting to say something comforting and strong, but she had no words. She had words for when Yuna was in danger, when people spoke of Chappu in a way she did not like. She had no words when it was her child.

"I'm sorry," Yuna tried.

Lulu shook her head, staring at her baby and not at Yuna. She kept her face from Yuna as she placed he hand around her child's. Yuna started to lean forward to give Lulu a comforting gesture, but Lulu leaned away. Yuna realized she didn't want her to know she was crying.

Yuna knew less of what to say than Lulu, so left the hut silently, giving Lulu some time alone with her child. She should spend his last hours with him, and if she didn't want to be disturbed, or seen showing weakness, she had the right.

"Yunie…?" Rikku solemnly greeted her. Paine was sitting on a bench, trying to appear strong, yet definitely in mourning.

Yuna shook her head and rubbed her arm. As much killing as she'd seen, it was hard to speak of death now. Probably because it was a baby, so young and innocent. Probably because it was an accident. There was no evil in it, no way for revenge or rituals or magic to deal with it. It happened on Besaid.

"I can't do anything," Yuna said, and hugged Rikku, letting tears fall for the few precious and safe seconds.

Rikku petted Yuna for the few seconds it took for Yuna to gain her composure.

"Lulu and Wakka aren't speaking to each other," Rikku said as Yuna brushed tears from her eyes.

"Lulu didn't tell me… who was watching him?"

"They both were," Rikku said. "Both were too late. The baby disturbed the spider and it bit in self-defense. You should rest, Yunie. You look exhausted."

Yuna shook her head again. "No, I don't want to rest… I've… I've been having nightmares."

"You never told me!" Rikku said.

"They're just nightmares."

"Yunie, Lulu's been having them too."

"She told you?"

"No, Wakka did. You weren't there when he complained about it to me an' Paine; I thought he told you later."

"What would scare Lulu?" Yuna asked.

"Yeah, if she were attacked by a monster, she throws a plushy at it," Rikku said.

"Her baby," Paine said. "The only thing that scares her is if someone she loves dies."

"Who told you that?" Rikku asked.

"Wakka told me a long time ago that the only time she was scared was for Yuna… or Chappu."

"What are your nightmares about, Yunie?" Rikku asked.

"They're stupid," Yuna said, smiling hollowly. She couldn't help but smile at how pathetic her nightmares were compared to reality, but the baby's imminent death still hung over the whole village, including her.

"Stupid like being chased by a Marlboro in your undies?"

Paine thought of telling Rikku that a Marlboro couldn't wear Yuna's underwear, but kept quiet. It would be a stupid thing to say and she like talking as little as possible today.

"Not that stupid," Yuna said. "Just… just… Seymour comes back again, and… that's it. Just that he comes back. I don't know why or how, but something makes him come back, and I'm scared of it… and him."

"That is stupid," Paine said.

"I think it's scary," Rikku said. "Not him-he was just annoying a lot, but I think anything that brings him back is."

"That's why it's stupid," Paine said. "There's no way that could possibly-"

"What?" Rikku asked.

"I thought Wakka was going to be preparing for… the funeral," Paine said. "He went to another village to get some things."

"Yeah he did," Rikku said. "So what?"

"Who's that then?" Paine asked, pointing to the entrance to the village.

"Lulu!" Yuna yelled. "Come quick!"