Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy- Final Destination Part 1 ❯ Farewell ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After a while, a large complex arrived in front of Salira's house. Someone came out of the bus, went up to the door, and knocked on it. When Cloud answered the door, the stranger immediately spoke, "Hello. I'm Professor Drakman," he started, "I'm here to pick up Salira Strife and Lega Yahto." "Uh…Hold on," Cloud said as he shut the door. He turned toward the hallway and yelled, "AERIS! LEGA! TIME TO GO!" Salira and Lega just finished cleaning. "Coming!" Salira answered. She went back to the dresser and picked up her ring that was sitting in the jewelry box. "Don't want to forget this," Salira said as she put it on. She and Lega both left the room.

Cloud opened the door once Salira and Lega entered the living room. The two kids went to pick up their stuff, when Professor Drakman said, "Oh, don't worry. We have a few people to carry your items." The professor motioned two boys leaning against the bus to come over. Salira dropped her stuff, along with Lega, and stood next to her father. The first boy to come over picked up the suitcases and teased the other boy as he walked by because he was stuck carrying the weapons. The second boy was able to carry Lega's blade, but unable to carry the Masamune replica and had a hard time with the Buster Sword. Salira picked up the Masamune replica and said to the kid, "I'll take this one." She glanced at the Buster Sword. "Heh…just drag that thing." The second boy threw Lega's sword to the kid standing by the bus and began to drag the huge blade Salira was talking about to the bus. Salira followed him to put away the blade she was holding. The two boys placed everything in the compartment under the bus, waited for Salira to put away her blade, then slammed the compartment door shut and locked it. Salira walked back to Lega and her father, while the two boys entered the bus and ran to their seats. The professor stood next to the bus, waiting for Lega and Salira. "Bye, father," Salira said as she gave Cloud a hug. Cloud returned her hug and whispered to her, "Have fun." "I will," Salira replied. Lega and Salira entered the bus, first Salira, then Lega with the professor behind them.

"Where are we gonna sit?" Salira asked Lega as they walked down the center isle of the bus. The seats held three people; two seats per row, and there were about eighteen rows. Halfway down the isle, Lega looks around and recognizes someone ahead of them. "Let's sit by him," he said, pointing to the person. The guy had short, black hair and gray colored eyes. He wore a brown trench coat, which covered most of his clothing. The person looked up when he heard the footsteps coming closer. "Well, if it isn't Lega Yahto," he said once Salira and Lega stopped next to him. "Raven! Long time no see," Lega remarked, "I haven't seen you in three years." "Indeed. Who's your friend?" Raven asked as he glanced at Salira. "Oh, yeah. I almost forgot," Lega started, but Salira kick his knee without anyone noticing. "Ow…shit!" He continued, "As I was saying, Salira, this is Raven Cyril. Raven, this is Salira Strife." "Nice to meet you, Salira. Please sit down. I won't bite," Raven said as he moved over a little. Though shy, Salira sits next to him, and Lega sits next to her. "God damn," Lega mumbled while rubbing his knee. "I didn't kick you that hard," Salira whispered to him. "You kicked hard to me if your saying `I didn't kick you that hard'," remarked Lega. Salira laughed to herself. "It ain't funny!" Lega hissed.

The professor stood up in the front of the bus, holding a microphone in his hand. He tapped it to make sure it was on. Thumps echoed throughout the bus's intercoms. "Okay, students. That was our last stop. Now on to the academy. If we move at a decent rate, we'll be there before nightfall tomorrow." He placed the microphone down and sat in the first row. The driver started the bus and took off. Cloud watched the bus disappeared in the horizon. She'll be safe there…. Please remember the favor, Lega…protect Aeris, he thought to himself as he went inside his house.

Among the shadows of a tree, however, someone was spying. Finally my plan can go into action! And no one will be in the way, especially Strife's daughter. Once I finish getting the info I need about that child, the Strife family will fall. And my father will be pleased… There was an evil feminine laugh, and she disappeared into thin air…