Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy- Final Destination Part 2 ❯ Dark Waves ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Well, well the gangs back! Well, we are missing a few. Heh…I especially notice someone who's missing... the Cetra. It hurt, didn't it Cloud? A being of innocence, of purity, one who could have loved you, just swept in the wind like the dust she was." Grinning, he murmured a few words and dropped Salira.

But she didn't fall. She just hung there limply in the air, frozen. Sephiroth began to lower until his feet touched the ground. "This is how it works, children. I die and she falls. I know I won't die anyway but some insurances would be useful. Don't try interrupting with the spell though or else she'll fall, and you will die. It would be good to let out some rage on you beings. But well to be honest you don't get the best performance out of a person without a situation being life or death so, this might help…" Sticking out his blade, he mystically pulled Leigh from the side until she hovered at the blades tip. "Scary, huh?" Suddenly he thrust the blade into her, blood instantly gushing from her. Stroking her hair, he said maniacally, "The pain must be incredible... Pity…" Without warning she was flown up next to Salira and similarly she froze in midair, a drop of blood freezing in midair below her. "Now, beat me or she dies. That should get you enraged." His sadistic smile returned as he readied his bloodied blade.

Vincent charged forward, in a rage, but Cloud's hand on his shoulder stopped him. He shoved the hand away, but, instead of charging, stepped forward and glared up at Sephiroth from beneath his shroud. His eyes burned with red hatred, the same red they'd always been ever since Hojo used him as a plaything. He kneeled down and placed his hands in the pool of his daughter's blood that had gathered beneath Sephiroth and Sethrinn. "You Bastard...." He heard Sephiroth's maniacal chuckle as he rose to his feet again and allowed his eyes to drift up to where frozen Salira, a look of terror on her face, and Leigh, frozen in time, her face bearing a look of unspeakable anguish, still hovered next to him. Vincent allowed a growl to slip out of his throat, but suddenly it changed into a slight chuckle.

"What's so damn funny!?" Athrin shouted.

"Shaddup!" Yuffie replied.

Vincent allowed one more laugh, then became stern once more. "The pity be on your head, Sephiroth, if you could ever find someone who'd give it to you. So like a coward, to hide behind a meat shield of children!" He stopped as Rude, Athrin, and Elena moved up from the sidelines and stood behind Yuffie and Cloud. Lega, Raven, Sicotto, and Shade remained in the sidelines, waiting on Cloud's command. He waved one hand back, gesturing them to hold their positions for now. He placed his pistol back in its holster and stepped forward so that he was directly below the maniac. "You were in SOLDIER so you know what the meaning of honorable combat is. No magic. No healing. As imbalanced as our choices are no weapons. No flying for you, no shape-shift for me. One on one, Vincent versus Sephiroth, in honorable combat, in a once-and-for-all duel. But that's not your style. You prefer to hide behind two helpless children and your own little lackey who you couldn't care less if something happened to." His eyebrows lowered and his eyes narrowed as anger began to boil within him once again. "You don't understand what it means to be a father, you murderous psychopath. Go back to the hell you were born in or I'll die sending you there."

Back in the sidelines, Lega was surprised to hear those words from Vincent. "Those are some strong words, eh," Shade remarked. "I must say, I never would have imagined those words coming out of his mouth." He glanced at Raven, who kept calm. "I must agree," Raven replied, catching Shade's glare. "Someone caught his bad side," Sicotto whispered.

The young man who rammed into a broken post was now blinded by rage. He was overcomed by another orange burst of light. "Die!" he shouted, shooting another Sonic Wave at Sephiroth, but missed him helplessly. He then shot at Salira, surrounded by darkness and stunned in midair, as the Sonic Wave distracted the fighters below. He then grabbed Salira by the arm and pulled her to him. "I'm not going to let the past repeat itself," he said in a low whisper, holding Salira close to him, soon about to crash into the ground below. Salira slowly remembered the voice of the person who held her. "Eric?" she mumbled as she and the young man crashed into the ground. The necklace flew out of her hand. Salira laid there on the ground with her eyes close, trying to regain her sight, next to the young man who had saved her. "Father…I'm sorry I disappointed you," she softly mumbled.

The young man jumped back to his feet and checked to see if Salira was okay. He then looked around, knowing that someone had said his name. He saw the necklace near Salira's hand and soon realized that Salira was the one that called him. The young man picked up the necklace and placed it in Salira's opened hand, closing her fingers around it. "Take care of that," he softly said. He looked back at Sephiroth and picks up his lance. "I never wanted to do this!" he said, as he was overcomed, once again, by an orange light, then a blue light. "SONIC BARRAGE!" he shouted while launching at least a hundred dark energy waves right at Sephiroth.

"Man that kid's crazy," Shade mumbled.

"What is wrong with him?" Lega agreed.

"What a fool," Sicotto remarked.

"There's no way he can kill, or even hurt Sephiroth!" Raven replied as the four of them watched the young man foolishly, in their case, try to kill Sephiroth.

"Hey lets make a bet," Sicotto suggested.

"A bet about what?" Shade asked.

"I don't know…um…maybe who will win in each small battle," Sicotto answered.

"No betting! This isn't a game!" Lega and Raven yelled at Sicotto.

Sephiroth, who happened to notice the whole little "romance" scene, mumbled some strange words. A large barrier appeared between him and the attack, soon ceasing it. He wasn't at all to thrilled to see Salira free from his power at the moment.

Salira opened her eyes and got up on her feet, slowly. She placed the necklace around her neck that was in her hand. Salira held out her hand and her sword reappeared in her hand. "If one fights, we all fight." She stood next to the young man and smiled, facing Sephiroth. "Magic Rage!" Salira yelled as she held up her sword and then slammed it into the ground. "Thunder, Water, Fire! Come forth!" With that, three massive pillars of magic rose from the ground and headed straight for Sephiroth. First a pillar of Fire, the water, and then lightning. "I've gotten stronger since the last meeting, don't you agree, Sephiroth!" Salira sneered. Many watched and were shocked to see Salira act this way, including Lega.

Sephiroth teleported out of the way to dodge the magic attack. Once the pillars disappeared, Sephiroth reappeared in the same spot he was at before. "Foolish child! You'll be in my control very soon! Though I must comment, you have improved, child. However, you won't hid behind your father much longer!" His voice filled the area. The last comment broke the last nerve in Strife's body.

The young man next to Salira saw her as she stood beside him and shot three pillars up into the air. "Hmm, she looks so familiar," he whispered to himself.

"Nor will you hid behind him!" Sephiroth yelled, pointing to the young man, getting his attention. "Child, you will be mine!"

The young man stepped back and ran down the road. He jumped onto a pile of rubble and stood up. "We don't have a chance! Run for it!" he yelled while shooting another Sonic Wave at Sephiroth, though having no effect. He then called to Salira, "I'll hold him off! RUN!" His eyes turned blood red once more.

Salira nodded and turned to her father and the ones on the sidelines, then ran to her father. "Father! We need to leave, we're no match for him now." She hugged her father, knowing that he knew their issue. Shade stepped back and looked around. "Hey, you heard her. RUN!" he yelled as he ran down the road and slides into a dark alleyway, unnoticed, and drew his blade. "Time to catch me a Project Zeo," he remarked, smiling an evil grin.

In the meanwhile, wounded, Leigh still hovered in the air above Vincent and Sephiroth, who still stood locked in motionless mental combat, each trying to stare down the other. "What's it to be, Sephiroth? You've lost Cloud's daughter and now only have mine to hide behind." He paused but did not look away. "Yuffie, take the others and get them somewhere safe. Cloud, I know you too well - you make your own decisions. Turks, to my side." Elena, Rude, and Athrin moved up, parallel with Cloud and Salira, close behind their leader.

"So what is your decision?" Vincent repeated. "Will you hide behind my daughter like the coward you are or will you fight me man-to-man?" His eyes darted for a single moment to Sethrinn. I'll need to find a way to make sure she stays out of this.

The young man fell to the ground with a strange feeling in his head. "dah! DIE!" he shouted as he stood up and launched a Sonic Wave at Cloud and, unknowing, Salira. "Die! Die! Die!" he yelled again, while he kept on launching Sonic Waves at Cloud and everywhere else.

"Honestly, that kid needs to learn how to control his strength!" Lega yelled to Raven while dodging one of waves coming at him. "Which side is he on?!" Sicotto remarked, as he, too, dodged some waves.

The three Turks dodged wildly to avoid the blasts, which seem way off and missed Cloud and Salira completely. Vincent seemed to ignore this. Elena returned to Vincent's side while Rude and Athrin ran towards the source of the blast to find out what was going on.

"You are so meddlesome, children, but I assume you take me as a fool to fight you in single combat, Vincent! But I am not without some honor. Don't think I can't see I am superior to all you weaklings. But before we begin this battle, I suggest a few things," Sephiroth sneered. Spinning in midair with outstretched arms a shockwave knocked down all who had not yet fled but Vincent, rendering many unconscious. "Let's do this without interruption." Vincent's gun suddenly flew into Sephiroth's open hand. Pointing the gun at Vincent's head, the Shape-shifter's eyes widened registering shock. Cocking the gun, Sephiroth pulled the trigger. But when Vincent's eyes opened again it was discovered that the gun was pointed up and is ammunition depleted. Throwing the gun away and thrusting his blade into the ground, Sephiroth scanned Vincent up and down, testing him. After thorough examination his wing retracted. "Sethrinn, take no part in this. Make sure that they stay asleep," Sephiroth replied to Sethrinn. He then turned to Vincent, "You want me dead? Then kill me!"

Cloud awoke from the attack that had knocked everyone out, even his daughter lying next to him, and stood to his feet. This is enough...Sephiroth's earlier words bring up memories of Aries. Damn you Sephiroth! He looked at the ones who laid unconscious. First his eyes laid onto his daughter, then to Lega, to Raven, to Sicotto, to the young man who saved Salira. "It's sad Sephiroth. What you do to innocent children! Ones who had never done anything to you," he mumbled quietly.

The young man laid unconscious on the ground, dreaming of his childhood; of a girl running around, scared and afraid, and himself being taken away and tested for signs of Cetra. This nightmare caused him to come to. He quickly stood up, grabbing his lance as well, soon charging at Sethrinn. Sethrinn saw him coming. "Too slow!" she said as she teleported behind him. Sethrinn then kicked him in the back, later followed by her sword thrusted in the young man's shoulder. He crashed into the ground holding his shoulder as blood ran through his fingers. "AHHHH! YOU WITCH!" he yelled as he was overcome by pure darkness.

As Salira laid on the ground unconscious, she had a painful memory: "Get away from me!" a small young girl screamed trying to break free from a ShinRa Soldier. Tears broke from her eyes. "Eric, don't go! Don't take him away!" she continued. A ShinRa Soldier, as well, was holding a small boy. The small boy kept squirming. "Salira!" the small boy screamed. "Keep them two separated!" a stern voice remarked. He stood between the soldier holding the small girl and the soldier holding the small boy; "We need the boy, make sure the girl stays here!" He kneeled to the small girl. "We need you friend, child. You must stay here." He then got up and left with the soldier holding the boy. The girl finally broke free and tried to run after them, but the soldier who held her, smacked her back and left. Salira shot up, eyes widened, shocked and frightened from it. "Salira…you okay?" Cloud asked, noticing that his daughter was up. He kneeled down next to her and placed his arm around her shoulder. Salira nodded. Her eyes caught on Sethrinn wounding the young man and stood up, grabbing her Masamune replica tightly. "I'm not going to have that repeat itself…" she mumbled.

She faced Sethrinn, her voice showing no regret, no fear; it was sharp, "DON'T YOU DARE HURT MY FRIENDS, YOU BITCH!" Hearing Salira's words, Sethrinn pulled out her blade from the young mans shoulder and answered, "You and your friends, even your family, will all share the same fate. Your death! Your fate has been sealed." Salira glared at Sethrinn. "Magic Rush!" Salira called once again, slamming her sword into the ground. Three more pillars rose from the ground, just like before, heading straight for Sethrinn. Sethrinn teleported out of the way, moving to Salira's right, and glaring harshly at her. "She's stronger than she looks, but not strong enough!" Sethrinn mumbled during the attack.

Salira caught the glare and heard Sethrinn; "I heard that. You'll be surprised on my strength, Sethrinn! You have fooled many, but that won't happen again! I'll be sure of it!" She then mumbled to herself, "It's destined for me to destroy Sethrinn, I can see it. It's my part of the legend, but will I get to see the ending to my story?"

"Sonic Barrage!" the young man yelled while he stood up, clutching his shoulder, many dark energy waves shot everywhere, colliding into everything. He then fell to the ground and coughed up blood, soon losing his breath and passing out. Salira paused to glance at him. Whether I know him or not. I won't let him, or anyone else, die! "Fira!" Salira yelled, as a medium sized fireball appeared and headed toward Sethrinn. Soon getting knocked down from one of the waves the young man sent out. Salira got up from the blast, after the attack the young man did. "Gees you need to control your power." She turned around to see him badly wounded. "Hey we need some help here!" Salira ran over and helped him up. Doing this, Salira's hands get covered in blood. "Calm down, it's going to be alright," she whispered to him.

"Fool, he's going to die!" Sethrinn smirked, dodging the fireball. Cloud stood up and walked in front of Salira and the young man. He swung his sword while shooting a fireball at Sethrinn, "Come on!" Sethrinn dodged the second fireball coming at her. "You protect too much, Cloud! Your daughter dies whether you like it or not!" Sethrinn sneered. "Pathetic!"

Shade looked out from the alleyway when two blasts of Sonic Barrage hit him and caused the wall to collapse on him. "Ughhhh. Damn you Hojo.... Why do you create such violent specimens?" he said as he blacked out.

The young man opened his eyes and looked at Salira. "Why...why are you helping me?" he asked as he stood up and grabbed his lance. "I can't let any more people get hurt. Not like when I was little. Not again." he murmured to himself as he started to limp away. His eyes turned normal again but his breath was still leaving.

"I'm helping because I care," Salira called after him. "You remind me of someone I used to know." She walked up to him, turning him to face her. "I don't want anyone hurt as much as you do."

Vincent's eyes narrowed as he glared at Sephiroth's grinning face. His gaze slowly drifted up to his daughter, still hovering in the air above them, her face still twisted in a mask of shock and horror, the hole created by Masamune still lined with bloodflow frozen in time, drops of blood hovering below her a few feet; those that had dropped further before the spell was cast had already gathered into the small pool between him and Sephiroth. Vincent knew his chances. The possibilities of him defeating Sephiroth in one-on-one hand-to-hand combat were slim to none. He was faster, stronger, and the Jenova cells within him made him nearly invincible. Having restricted himself Vincent could not rely on the added strength he could gain from his transformations, and now with the knowledge and ability to control them there was no excuse for breaking his word.

His gaze drifted again, this time pulling his head back around to the unconscious form of Elena, and a few feet further back Cloud, Athrin, Rude, and some of the children. But I owe it to all of them.... I lost Lucretia to Hojo and Sephiroth. They will not take Leigh as well! He clenched his fists, cracking his knuckles on both hands, as a dark wind began to blow. His hair flowed back behind his face, leaving only his shroud covering his mouth, while Sephiroth's flew forward, covering most of his face, draping over his shoulders and in front of his chest. "Then let us begin!" Fists raised, he charged, knowing all too well what Sephiroth would do.

"Used to is the key word," said the young man as he prepared to attack Sethrinn again. Salira stood there wondering about what he said. " 'Used to' is the key word?" she mumbled to herself. She thought of her old friend. "No, it can't be. Can it?" The young man walked up behind Sethrinn. "Huh…Pathetic?…Die! Sonic Barrage!" he shouted as he shot out many energy waves at Sethrinn.

Raven got up feeling light headed. "That was a new experience maybe I should be more careful.." He leaned up against a pillar. "...This is too much for me to handle then...I guess I am not good enough." He looked over at Sicotto and Lega, who seem to be back to themselves. "What are you talking about, Raven? Of coarse you're good enough!" Lega replied. Sicotto agreed, "Are you forgetting? You aced all of your classes in the academy."

Sethrinn dodged the young man's Sonic Barrage attack and dashed toward Salira, swinging her sword furiously at her. "Die!" Salira blocked her attack with her blade. "Die? I think you got that all wrong," Salira taunted. She jumped back, sliding a ways back once she landed. "THUNDAGA!" Salira yelled, soon followed by a huge bolt of lightning about to come crashing down on Sethrinn. Sethrinn teleported, but almost too late. Several strands of her hair fell in front of her face. "You little shit! You will pay dearly for that!"

"Hump! Yeah right!" Salira taunted again. "You call me pathetic! Well look at you! You teleport every time an attack occurs!" She walked up behind Sethrinn, a swings her sword at Sethrinn. Sethrinn got another close call. She jumped back from the attack; however, the tip of Salira's blade cut the end of her right eye. She clutched her eye in pain.

"HA! You deserved that!" Salira teased while jumping back to avoid getting hit with Sethrinn's sword. "You dare to kill me! Well I think that's gonna backfire!"

"You bastard! You will regret saying those words! You may have cut my eye, but that will not stop me from bringing your death closer to you!" Sethrinn yelled back. She teleported behind Salira unnoticed, and hit her in the back hard with the hilt of her sword. Salira stumbled forward, but quickly got back up. "You honestly think that will stop me!" Salira shouted, pointing the tip of her blade at Sethrinn. "FIRA!" Again, a medium sized fireball headed straight for Sethrinn.

"Nice try, but shall do nothing!" Sethrinn lets the ball of fire come towards her but it died out before it hit her. She watched as Salira's eyes widened. "I'm protected by fire, a true daughter of Cloud Strife would have known that!"

Salira glared at Sethrinn, surprised. But the expression soon turned serious. "Okay then. How `bout this? WATER!" Salira sneered while holding her hand up in the air and letting a pillar of water rise below Sethrinn. But Sethrinn moved out of the way. Cloud stood beside Salira, holding his blade and another similar to his, handing the replica to Salira. "Stop wasting time with her. Let's do this together." Salira let the Masamune replica disappear and she took her blade with a nod. It wasn't long before the young man stepped in front of them both, holding his lance tightly. "Leave this bitch to me," he said, pointing his lance at Sethrinn. "I'm a Cetra Hybrid and will make her wish she never existed!"