Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy Ondole ❯ Chapter 1; At the gates of hell Part I ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Final Fantasy Ondole

Chapter 1; At the gates of hell

Part I

..fire in gates of hell..

dont you want to know how we keep starting fire's!?

Winter, The snow covered ground crunched like Freezing clouds under her bare feat, her beaten body shivered uncontrollably under the Ion Army Armour. This was her first mission away from the rest of the regiment she missed the teasing from general Amon and lieutenant Mai; the bickering of whom could hit the black mage first with a fireball. They where the closest thing's she had to friends in the army, Black mages where not well liked, which doomed her from the day when her village was taken under siege three years ago 'Join us or die' Captain Vega's word still cut through her to this day. Yolando Had just turned eighteen, her body matured she always carried a bamboo Rod round the camp, boys will be boys, and stick stops it at that. Her skin was as pale as snow from the weather which made her Blood Red eyes stand out as if floating Garnet, her long Silver/grey hair Swayed loosely near her calf, a fine piece of red ribbon was the only thing stopping it from flying free in the wind. Gripped tightly in her hand was the parchment with the new Treaty for the Queen of the dragon people, Queen Roui Vilen II. The Dark Gates looked displeasing and hummed with Evil energy, Yolando decided not to lean on them from fear of mixing magic, cupping her hands to her mouth she shouted up the barracks "HELLO I COME BRING A MESSAGE OF GREAT IMPORTANTS" Out of the Shadows appeared the Queens General, Raven, one of the most feared women eastern regions of Ondole. Her Raven Black hair was safely tucked in her helmet, only her pale grey eyes gleamed a little against the rest of the ebony Coloured armour. Raising her Sword to Yolando's neck she grinned letting her Black Dragon wings Spread behind her, she was showing off, Yolando stood very still a false look of awe on her face. "Long time no see Yolando Chan, come the queen is waiting" Raven grabbed her arm painfully pulling her into the Darkness.
Meanwhile Back In the city of Ion, in the High winds Bar, To darkened figures sit at the table at the back of the bar, the tall man sips at him coke, delicately treasuring every drop as if it was the last. His dark brown hair had started to wisp down his neck; every now and then he would run his fingers through it, nervously looking to his friend over the rims of his shades. While his companion rested her head on the table, singing and cursing a few lyrics now and then, her long purple hair draped over her shoulders and down her back.
"More B33R More B33R" Mai shouted her voice slurred from the last 5 pints. Amon chuckled patting her on the back "Mai your Drunk, trying to drown your worries for a certain some one" Mai looked up at Amon as he spoke; Red rims glowed round her purple eyes. Raising her right arm she went to poke him on the nose, missed and hit the floor. "Worried for whom" She moaned from under the table as she bumped her head. Amon Sighed leaning under the table he grabbed the back of her top and dragged her to her feet. "Yolando She's been gone a couple of days now", Amon was once again interrupted by Mai who now climbing on the table started to sing "Search party search party every body loves a search party" Amon chuckled "Maybe your right Mai maybe your right".
It seemed like had been walking for hours on end, the long corridors of the queens castle was decorated in Black and lavender. The colours of an old lover, Yolando presumed though every time she stopped to look at the décor, Raven pulled her long dragging her off her feet if she wouldn't move. "Is this really necessary not that the thought of being swept of my feet by a knight in shining amour isn't a girls dream, well it just you're not my kinder knight" Yolando mocked as Raven tugged harder, if any harder she thought she might loose her arm. Raven glared back at her "The queen does not like to be kept waiting!"
"I think I get the point" Yolando sighed. Raven let go of her hand and once again reached for her sword, tapping the hilt "You will do if you don't hurry up" her voice sounded menacing and not very sarcastic.
Two huge black doors framed with Gold blocked their path; behind them lay awaiting the queen and the rest of her court of dragon hybrids. Raven glanced at Yolando pushing her forward so her body just touched the door "Hai what? Am I supposed to do.? Just knock?" Nervously She raised her hand and knocked three times, the door groaned and started to open on its own accorded, the inside chamber was beautiful. The black walls where covered in Red drapes and Golden ribbons, Yolando could only see the glowing yellow eyes of the court hidden in the outer darkness, only a few candles lightened the place. Laying on her thrown was the queen; her long blonde hair flowed down her side. Her body was draped in a silk blue tunic the same colour of her eyes. Her wings rested behind her, her eyes met with Yolando's, which made her step back into Raven. Roui's eyes seemed to glow with a dark power her lips parted into a smile showing her fangs. "Finally our black mage arrives, we have been expecting you, little one" she hissed her serpent like tongue darted out of her mouth for a second, Yolando looked over her shoulder past Raven to the doors, as they closed. She grinned sighting as she sighed it was going to be one of those days.
The clock in the old tower had never worked properly but the sun rising in the east was a good reassurance that it was early morning. Dragging the lieutenant by the scruff, Amon nodded his head in thanks, and apologised to Cid for the inconvenient mai caused last night, when trying to join in with the can can girls when molin rouge had come on. It took them an hour longer then normal to leave the lower city and reach the castle. Briggs and Wedge saluted Amon. Trying to stifle their laughter at the half asleep Lieutenant trailing behind him. Turning to them Mai saluted "smoke them if you got them gentle men*HIC*" Both guards burst into fits of laughter. Amon slightly embarrassed lifted mai over his shoulder so her face was behind him. "All you need to do is ask" Mai teased as Amon climbed up the stair case. "Sssh you, your drunk tsk". Amon kept reassuring himself, looking to the floor he blushed slightly. He could feel Mai's breasts pressed against his shoulder. "There blue you know" mai chirped from over his shoulder. "What are" Amon asked sarcastically. "My panties of Course" Mai giggled as Amon had a nose bleed and hit the floor. Looking up at her he wiped his nose, "Remind me never to let you, talk me into going pub crawling with you again".
Out of Amon's door appeared Captain Vega, a stern look of displeasment across his face. "BUSTED" Mai hiccupped as she passed out on the floor.
Four tall shadows of castles stood smudged against the purple sky, A Sword, A Scythe. Amon seemed appear from no where spinning a mages staff in his right hand like a baton throwing it in the air he knelt down pushing of the ground with his right fore arm he jumped up , as a energy like blade ripped out of his flesh on his lower arm. With one swipe he cut the darkness in two, Smiling he faded from her view to reveal Yolando and another woman quite like her both smiled at mai, both held an opera mask one happy one sad.
Yolando Smiled and faded. "It Destiny" her voice trailed on, making mai shiver. Mai stirred in her bed, opening her eyes she quickly covered them again, trying to block the morning sunlight from burning her eyes.
"Must you do that" Mai groaned at the Cat girl standing by the curtains.
"Well excuses me, I have travelled half way round ondole to find a familiar face and all I get is abuse" the girl teased winking at mai playfully. Mai sat bolt up right and jumped out of bed hugging the owner of the voice.
Mush was a mercenary for hire and worked with Mai for a while, Cat girls weren't aloud to join the army, it was said to be off putting to the rest of the regiment. Mush blinked, her pink eyes seemed to sparkle in the light.
"OWW" Mush yelped as Mai Grabbed her hair in her hands.
"You dyed your hair again?" mai asked as she tugged harder to get a better look.
"OWW NO, pink is my Natural hair colour" Mush cried slightly grabbing back her hair from the very inquisitive Mai. Walking over to the bed Mush sat down she seemed distance and spacey today. "Why are you here" Mai pestered as she started to get dressed. "Well from what I herd it was your idea to go on a search party, seems you have lost a black mage. Cant say that's a bad thing mind you" Mush groaned she had never been very fond of people or "Things" more powerful then her and that couldn't be explained.
"Yolando isn't just a black mage she is my friend she did this mission as a favour" Mai replied from the inside of her tunic as she pulled it over her head.
"Any way where is Amon?" Mai half heartedly laughed trying the change the subject. Flash backs from last night where very vague, must of been some good drinking thought mai.
"Down stairs waiting for us in the lobby" Mush Walked to the door looking back over her shoulder she smiled once again " Come on lets go save your and Amon's mage.. I mean friend"
Mai Laughed As she walked out of the room shutting the door behind her
"Isn't this where you say Let the adventure begin" She teased as they headed down the corridor to the lobby.