Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ Divide and Conquer (Part 2) ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 8.

"I can't believe she would sneak off like that," Celes said a little annoyed at Relm's actions. "I mean when did she do it, how?" "She must have left when we hit the crossings under the castle, that little scamp." Sabin said punching his fist into his palm.

"No need to let her slow us down, I say we leave without her." Setzer said callously.

"Setzer, show some heart" Celes ordered.

"And you know what else?" They gave him a questioned look. "Shadow is missing too."

"Fantastic! Why don't we just lose our whole party!" Setzer said leaving the room in a huff.

"Why's he so angry?" Sabin asked Celes who had turned and looked out a window. "How should I know, inner frustrations I guess...we really should go. It's getting dark outside and that isn't good for anyone."

"You're right, Setzer?!" He shouted in the back room to him. "Lets go!" He re-joined them and they left the castle and headed for the woods near Kohlingen.

* * *

I have to make it home? Now which ship was it again?" Relm asked herself out loud as she walked through the town cave that leads to South figaro. She lit her way with a torch that she'd taken from the wall. "I wish I weren't alone in this, but sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do." She heard a rustle behind her and gasped.

"But she still has to keep a buddy for safety, aaahhh!!" She ran through the cave and right into a battle. A grease monk threw a wrench at her and she was hit. "ah!" She took out one of her old rainbow paint brushes and made a sketch of him tossing the wrench right back and killing it.

"I...did it...I did it!" She jumped and cheered like she were dancing. "Swoo, calm down Relm, you'll be alright by yourself." She walked along trying to avoid more battles, she'd like to get to her Grandfather in one piece, but she had this weird feeling that someone was following her.

When she made it out of the cave there was just a short run through the field to the South and she would take the next boat back to Nikea than to Thamasa. 'I hope I have enough money.'

Rhinox! He used a scratch attack on her and she blocked it with her shield. She made a quick sketch of it and sent the scratch back but it wasn't enough! She tried again to use something different but she had no control over it and used scratch again. She realized that it might be too strong for her grabbed her things and ran.

When she got to the town she went straight to the docks paid the man and took the boat to Nikeah. 'Don't worry grandpa I won't let the excitement pass you by, and I won't let you worry about me from some letter about a war that might start up if we can't stop it. I hope....we can stop it....' she bundled herself up and went to sleep.

* * *

That night. The group had made their way through every inch of the forest and there was no sign of soldiers or secret bases. Near Kohlingen anyway there was still the area around Jidoor.

"Dammit! You think by now we would have seen something, other than your typical confused animals gone bad." Sabin, obviously bored said leaning his back against a mountain side. "you're right," Setzer agreed only subtler.

"Maybe they haven't made it this far yet?" Celes tried to think of a logical explanation.

"We should have seen something by now." Setzer leaned against the wall just then same only-... "Whao! Oof!" He slammed face first into the ground. "Setzer!" Sabin and Celes gasped.

"Owww" He groaned getting up dusting himself off. "What the bloody-... guys have a look at this!" They pushed their hands against the wall feeling for an entrance.

"Where are you?" Celes asked just as she was being grabbed by his hand, she pulled Sabin along with her and when they were inside they couldn't believe their eyes.

"Look at all this gold!" Sabin cried.

"Where did it all come from?" Celes wondered out loud.

There was a tiny little work shop; it seemed, set up in the mountain, like a planning room. "All these maps......" Setzer picked one up wide-eyed. "Look at this...." He showed them a map with red markings on them. "these maps must mark every base on the continent. They must already be out there full-filling their missions."

"You think so?" Celes asked looking over his shoulder. Setzer shrugged his theory and stuck the map in the back of his pants.

"Llllets, get out of here, okay? I feel a bit un-easy." she said rubbing the draft from the entry off her arms. They walked to the entry way and slid out when they were out in the sun light.

"Having fun?" They wasted no time in the attack, they couldn't let the map get taken. Celes fought bravely with her Regalcutglass. Setzer used his slot to his advantage, taking out three of the soldiers with his mega flare. Sabin used his training grabbing a soldier slamming him to the ground with a suplex.

Men were jumping off the mountain side, pulling out swords ready to attack. "Stand back!" Sabin shouted raising his arms for an attack. "Air Blade!" A strong wind picked up around them, slicing the remaining men in half. "Lets, go show the others." Sabin said in his exhaled breath. "Yeah." They agreed following him.