Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ Secret's Out (Part 2) ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 11.


In the Blackjack II, Locke is in the center of the room fiddling with a pair of dice on the table rolling it three times seeing what it lands on. 'Snake eyes.' He thought. 'Snake eyes.' Again. 'Snake eyes, what are these fixed?' The thief picked them up and squinted through the red coloring.


'Now's my chance,' Celes thought walking away from the group to be near Locke. "Hi, Locke." She said getting next to him and taking a piece of dice from his hand. "Oh, hey Celes," he replied with a bright smile. "Your group thing go okay?"


"Well we lost Relm and Shadow." She mumbled out then smiled at him. 'Just say it.' She coached herself. 'You know he likes you.' She had a flash of the Opera House performance she had done, when he'd seen her in that dress and made him blush.


"Conference." Edgar announced steering everyone to a table. They pulled up a chair yup sitting on either sides of the table in the group they were assigned to, and Edgar sat in the middle of the table at the end. "Well, we so far know that we've been found out,-..." Edgar was saying and being interrupted by Locke.


"Well, we think they know." Edgar gave him a look and continued. "They could alert their boss and be on us, so report. What did you're group accomplish? How far ahead are we in this war?" He looked to the left where Sabin, Setzer, and Celes were sitting.


"Well to be precise, we uh....," Sabin began and ended weakly. "we lost Shadow and Relm from the start." He shrugged.

"How could you lose them?!" Edgar exploded in panic. "Shadow, sure, he can take care of himself, but Relm she's a little girl."


"Hey! Don't you go starting in on us, we noticed that Gau isn't exactly with you either!" Sabin shot back. "Touché." Edgar mumbled. "Well, I guess that's another matter, then. I'm sure they're very capable of taking care of themselves." They lost the tension that had just passed and eased back into conversation.


"Have you found anything out, secured any areas?" The king questioned them. "Setzer, pay attention." Celes ordered. "Give him the maps."


"Do you hear a buzzing sound?" The gambler asked ignoring her completely.


"I don't hear anything." Edgar said.


"That's you're ship, man. You think you'd be used to it by now." Locke said trying to rush the conference.


Setzer tossed them the maps and walked away to go on the top deck. Edgar reached for them and rolled them open, Locke was the first one over to see them. "Alright, lets have a look." They leaned across the table for a look at the map.


'I know what my ship sounds like, and that awful buzzing is something else.' Setzer thought as he reached the ladder climbing to the deck, when he got out there he saw nothing, and it was quiet. ".........!?" His senses were up and then came the attack!


Down below. "Look at this little red 'X' under Vector, sirs...What doths thou think it means?" Cyan asked pointing to it. "Must be the base, it has to be," Locke was saying moving around to get closer. "You think maybe we should go there and check it out?"


"Wouldn't hurt." Edgar said. "Whao!!!" Their yells went up.


"Setzer!" Sabin was shouting into the air. "Keep this thing straight!" The next rumble felt more like an impact then air turbulence. "What's going on up there?" They said the same, but, not together.


Setzer flew the ship faster through the skies, he slid away from the control panel and walked to the point of the ship looking at the situation moving his sleeve he waved his hand over his slot watch summoning a command but they fired!

The gambler jumped out of the way getting his hand burned. "Ah!" He moved his sleeve up reaching for his watch again but-... "Damn, it's broken." He said to himself and he threw it off. "Can't do it by hand."


"Then how's about some assistance?" Locke said, Setzer turned to see the group standing behind him. "Am I ever glad to see you guys, my watch is-...." His words froze as he felt a familiar vibration run through him. 'Couldn't be?' He thought.


The others had gone into battle already and so far, so good. Terra freely used her magic on the Sky fires. Fire! She called out. The blast knocked out at least two and had taken some damage on one. "I'm gonna miss you." Locke said to his Hawke eye tossing it into one of the robots vents knocking it out of the sky.


"Party time!" The thief shouted. Sabin used his Blitz along side Cyan, his Fire Dance taking out the one guy Terra had hit completely and done size-able damage to others. The flying robots aimed and fired breaking a hole in the ships deck, two more opened fire and knocking against Celes's shield. It bashed her against the railing. "Uh!"


"You alright, Celes?" Edgar asked running to assistance, he pulled out his new Bio Blaster shooting acid sludge through the sky landing on two of the robots.


With out warning everyone felt revived, they looked to Terra but she shrugged shaking her head. They figured it was just a sudden burst of energy and kept fighting. Setzer tossed a full deck off cards at one of the Sky Fires, the sharp edge cut through the metal knocking him out of the air. Without warning a heard of Chocobo's flew into the air at the Sky Fires, but gave no damage to the machines.


"Setzer, what's going on?!" Edgar shouted over the commotion. "I'm not sure," He was saying, tossing another deck of cards. "But I think my slot may be malfunctioning and all the attacks are coming out." Setzer quickly dodged a blast.


"Lets see what else I'm made of," Terra said to herself. "Fire meteor shower!" A fire shower came crashing down on the robots taking them out but more kept coming. The atmosphere shifted and Setzer's 7-Flush came up through the sky blasting them to bits, but the robots kept returning.

"There's just no end to these guys!" Edgar said changing to his new Spit Drill.

Setzer looked around feeling the attack welling up inside of him. "You guys, get down!" Setzer shouted and as if everything had gone in slow motion explosions went into the air, not just on the rest of the robots, but on his ships engines, and Edgar's weapons as well. The sky turned red and the ship began to fall............