Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ Resting Point (Part 2) ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 13.


That night. Everyone was asleep except for the girls, they had stayed up talking to each other quietly until they felt tired enough to fall asleep.


"Do you really think we can stop this war from starting?" Celes asked. "I'm not sure," Terra was saying. "to me-....it feels like there is no war intended, like they're just trying to- lore us out of hiding and kill us anyway they can." They thought about that comment a moment.


"Hey, I don't wanna talk war anymore, I wanna talk about something else." Celes said with an un-seen smile from the darkness. "Like what?" Terra leaned up on her elbows looking at where Celes's voice was coming from. "Like, girl things," She replied with a shrug.

"Really? I always thought you hated that sort of thing?" Terra replied, but Celes shook her head.


In the back of the cave the guys had been awake listening to them talk and were very fascinated by what they had to say. "Well, uh..." Terra said uneasily. "How do you start one of these things?"


"Hmm? Of the guys now....who do you think is the cutest?" Celes asked. The guys stifled laughter but were blushing at the same time and tried to silently calm one another.


"Well," Terra began. "I think they all have really good qualities but the cutest...I think is...." the words hung in her throat nervous that Celes would laugh. "Well?" She pushed her for the answer. "It's Setzer."


Celes busrt into laughter and Terra blushed hushing her so she wouldn't wake the boys. "I'm sorry, Terr', but why him?" The ex-general asked. "Well.....he's brave, and sweet, and he tried to save me when the ship was breaking up.....and besides that his white hair is adorable..." Terra replied hiding her face.


"I think it makes him look funny, he's too young for it. Plus he has all those awful scars on his face." Terra shook her head disagreeing. "I think it gives character...So, what about you?" She asked feeling uncomfortable that Celes had laughed.

"Well, he's handsome, dashing, sweet, and is a great conversationalist." Edgar smiled proudly hearing that, waiting for his name, but instead she said. "Locke." They laughed at him but Locke was surprised to hear that.


".....I kinda guessed you did." Terra said simply.

"What gave it away?" Celes asked curiously.

"Well, it's how you talk to him, you know? Like you can barely look at him." Celes made a sound that meant 'Oh.'


'She likes me?' Locke thought to himself. 'Who knew.' "Okay, now that we know that, who do you think has the best smile aside from the guy you like?" Terra had thought for moment than answered. "Sabin, it's really sweet."


"I think Cyan, he has success behind his smile." Celes said. Terra nodded to agreed with her. "And who can forget about Edgar?" Celes was saying. "Everything about him is really cute, his face is nicely detailed."


"Yeah...." Terra said with a slight sigh. Edgar raised his head in pride again to the sound of that. The girls had talked until they began to yawn.


"It was really nice talking to you Cel', but we need to get some rest for what might be ahead tomorrow." Terra was saying snuggling in under her sleeping bag. "You're right, good night, Terra." She settled in as well.

"Good night." The girls fell soundly to sleep and the guys laughed quietly.


"Who would have guessed, huh?" Sabin was saying in a low whisper. "Yeah, I honestly didn't think they thought much of any of us." Setzer said.

"Well, I knew all along, ladies can't resist my charm." Edgar said still full in the head.

"What does this mean, sirs?" Cyan asked.


"I think it means we shouldn't have heard that conversation and should go to sleep." Locke said turning in his sleeping bag ready for a rest.


"What's wrong with you?" Sabin was asking.

"Nothing, I just think it was kinda wrong for us to spy like that." The thief answered. They felt there was something more there, but, didn't bother with it and took his advice going into a deep sleep. A dark figure appeared in the light at the mouth of the cave. "Now the fun begins." It said sinisterly, its shadow hovering over Terra.