Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ Another World (Part 3) ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 16.


In Thamasa, Relm wakes up and sees Gau sitting across from her and she gasped jumping from the unexpected visitor and he smiled at her.


"Gau come back, he know friend Relm going through tough time. Gau have many of those too." She could tell he was really trying to talk to her normally, so she kept his company and responded with a smile of sympathy.


"I'm sorry, but, I'm glad you came back, Gau.....I was getting kinda lonely watching grandpa all by myself...?" Her words froze as she looked across the room. "What wrong friend Re-...Aaaahh!!"


Three grim, ghastly figures floated across the room pointing to the both of them and the old man. "Wha-...What are they?"


"We've come for your souls" One of them said evilly, "first him, than youuuu" the voice rang through her ears like death and she took out her paint brush and a mithril rod. "Over my living body!" She shouted. Gau jumped up too, getting in battle stance ready to defend Relm to the end.


"There's nothing your tricks can do....you will die, just like your friends." Her eyes welled up with tears as she thought of them already dead. "Nooooo!!!!!!!!" She ran at them swinging as hard as she could, but, it was impossible to hit them with her wand, Relm tried to paint their pictures, but, they came up blank. "Gau will stop them," He used one of his rages from the Rhinotaur he leaped into once, but the bolt wouldn't work.


"Prepare for your doooom!" The haunting voice called to them. "Nowhere to run." It said. "Nowhere to hide." Another one. "Bloody persistence." Relm and Gau held each other screaming, but a breeze threw by and one of the ghost cried out in a horrible pain. As it vanished in a puff of smoke they looked through the dusty remains of it to see-.... "Shadow!?" They cried out to him.


"You want a fight, fight with me." The ninja said looking at them from the side of his eye standing in the light to be seen. the phantoms turned their attention towards him and he was ready for battle. Shadow took out a long Holy sword and ran into the fight.


The phantoms rushed at him ghostly fingers pointed and swarmed over Shadows head moaning. One of them reached out for him as he swung at another slicing it in half, when it grabbed his arm "Ah!" it burned terribly, but that wasn't his yell of pain.


Relm came rushing at the ghost to kill him with her rod but it went invisible so the attacks weren't even touching it. "Nice try little one," it laughed in it's throat, "but try to beat this." the ghost blew a cold wind in the room creating more of them flying around the room.


The ghost had to return to it's visible form and it picked up Shadow, hovering him over their heads. Using this chance to touch the ghost he flipped his legs up over the ghost head before it could go invisible again and slammed it down on the floor.


"Relm, use your heal rod!" Shadow shouted she screamed covering her head running over to a chest where she kept her things. "I got it!" raising it over her head she started into the fight. Shadow slashed the ghost into time and space while Relm used her rod to blow them up.


Gau stood back watching then it hit him! "Gau help too!" A flash went up through the room the ghost screamed in pain of the light and disappeared for a brief moment they still had energy even from a flash that strong. Relm wasn't expecting it and was blinded a second, she swung wildly to protect herself in the moment she couldn't see and her vision returned and she joined the fight again.


Shadow flipped through the air cutting a barrage of attacks at the ghost, they disappeared but again more came. Gau kept using his flash on them doing some stronger damage with each time he performed it. 'Something isn't right.' Shadow thought while fighting another of the ghost that flew up to him. 'There must be a reason they keep coming back?' He swung his sword skill-fully as he cut through the crowd going into a back room.


The door slammed shut behind him. 'What the-?!' There was a huge spirit sitting in the middle of the room, it was floating there pale and blue, with it's eyes closed. Shadow walked up to it none to cautiously and went in for the attack.


The ghost opened it's red eyes and faded out missing the swords blade. Smoke swirled in the room taking them into another dimension. In the other room the ghost are endless when Relm noticed. "Shadow's gone!" The little artist said scared


"Relm? Grandpa leave!" Gau pointed at the door where Strago was heading out of.


"Grandpa wai-...! Ahhhh!!" The ghost picked her up. "Gau help!" He said, ready to use his flash again. "No, help my grandpa!" Gau ran over to the old man but Strago turned and bashed him against the wall with an energy blast and continued out the door. "No!" she struggled to get free.


He walked to a ghost in the corner and it smiled evilly pulling itself into the old mans mouth and he dropped lifelessly to the floor. "No! Grandpa!" In the next room. The ghost had rammed into Shadow so hard he heard a crack! He kept on fighting though, as fast and hard as he could.


His efforts were useless, he was going to kill him. Shadow sat in the middle of the room with his legs crossed as though he were going to wait for his death in meditation, but when the ghost flew at him he threw down a smoke bomb that burst into five little balls of light. The room now blinding in light and smoke was easier to see in, Shadow saw the Demon struggling with his shape and form, he shifted in and out of after life so he took his chance.


"Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!" A ghastly cry went out as an arm writhed on the floor. "Ohhhhhh!!!" He screamed again losing another one, the light had begun to fade so Shadow moved in for the kill.


"Yyyyyyyaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!" The sword went though the ghosts head killing it in a bloody mess. Shadow leaned over the dying pile of rags and half human flesh. "You can't kill someone whose already dead." He whispered. The ghost had vanished and he joined the others. The room was empty they had faded with the head ghost. 'Just images.' The ninja thought and heard a faint sound of crying in the corner of the room and went to it.


"Why did he have to die Shadow?" Relm said holding the man on her lap crying into his clothes. Shadow looked down at her but said nothing. Gau recovered from the blast and crawled over to her. "Relm? Gau is-..." Shadow put his hand up to silence him.


"Leave her alone." And they did.