Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy VI: The Final Judgement ❯ The Base ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 19

"Come on you guys, rrrr-ugh." Edgar struggled through the darkness dragging both Sabin and Celes to the exit. His brother was on his back with his legs across his waist, and she was in his arms being carried. "Don't worry guys, I won't.....leave you behind." But they were heavy and weighing him down.

He moved slowly through the darkness, whenever he felt the gravity shifting, he moved into a different direction so he wouldn't slip away like they had. He remembered Celes asking if they felt something, and he didn't know what she meant until he felt it for himself, so when ever he felt it coming he moved in a different direction.

He fell to his knees, dropping her and having him fall back, but he shook his head re-standing. "No, I have to keep going...we're gonna make it." He pulled his brother up on his back again and froze someone was standing in front of him.....not meaning to he let Sabin fall back.

"Who is that?!" Edgar asked. The figure didn't move, but it stared at him as if curious some how. "Who ever you are, you're about to get blasted." He said taking out his auto-crossbow aiming it at the thing, it did the same, but, it wasn't holding anything. "Drop your weapon, or I'll fire." Edgar saw that it wasn't advancing, so he dropped his weapon and just stared blinking. 'I've been in the dark too long.' He thought leaning back to pick up his brother again, but the thing imitated him.

"I know there's someone there, show yourself!" He shouted. "okay." A soldier said bashing him over the head Edgar had no intention of falling and spun around punching the soldier solidly in the jaw. He let out a cry of pain and other soldiers came to his aid, the creature watched him closely.

"Get him!" The soldier said holding his jaw. Edgar used his new flash, that was now turned into an exploder. He fired with little balls coming out of it when they hit the ground they exploded into mini bombs. "Aaahh!!!!" They shouted. "Duck!!" Some of them weren't fortunate to duck and another set of balls flew into the air. "What the-...?" Edgar said looking at the figure, had it just imitated him? "Charge!!" More soldiers came and the thing pulled out a five saw throwing chainsaw.

The men screamed and ran from the slicing blades while Edgar took out his sword slashing into a group of soldiers advancing down on him. He and a soldier were face to face holding swords close together straining against their weight.

Edgar dug his foot into the soldiers stomach pushing him back, he staggered and rushed at him but got stabbed in the stomach, the soldier held onto the sword with his hands and Edgar put his fist together bashing him on top of the head pulling it back out.

"Don't let him get into the base!" He heard a soldier shout. 7-Flush. "Setzer?" It was coming from the figure and as he stepped into the dim light Edgar could see who it was. Go-Go!

"Go-Go?!" He used his slot again getting a chocobob rush knocking out a few soldiers with it, Edgar sprayed them with his Bio Blaster they covered their eyes and tore at their burning skin.

When the soldiers fled, Edgar and Go-Go walked over to each other. "You're still alive?" He asked it. It nodded and Edgar held out a hand for him to shake, copying him they shook hands.

"You can be of more use than you know of, can you give me a hand?" It nodded. Edgar picked up his brother and Go-Go grabbed Celes and the two of them made their ways through the cave. There was a rumbling beside them. "What's that sound?!" Edgar asked.

* * *

In the forest. "Mmmman, rrrrr. You're heavy." Locke said to himself, he looked around in both directions and then stopped moving. "I'd like to know where the hell we are?" He bent his knees to scoot him higher up on his back. "Don't get so cozy back there okay?" He said looking over his shoulder at the top of his head.

Locke walked a distance than tripped and fell to the ground. "Oh!....Ooow." He stood up brushing off his clothes then looked down at Setzer. "I can't do this alone I need to find which way to go." He said out loud to himself and walked away from Setzer.

"Wait," He got down on his knees. "I don't want any sudden drops, better crawl first." He felt the ground crawling along in silence sweeping his hands back and fourth looking for some sign of where they might be. His hand hit a splash of water and he felt a little strength return.

"This must be.....the recovery spring!" He splashed some more water on himself and walked over to Setzer. "I don't know how this stuff works on the dead...." He picked him up again. "but it's worth a try, right?" walking him over to the spring, Locke tossed him in and waited. "Come on, work." He ordered it, but nothing was happening and he let out a sigh. "Please work?"

* * *

In Miranda, Terra is lying in bed still, clinging to her mental life. "Why my friends....why aren't they strong enough. The phantoms.....are gonna get them now....they can't fight back." Phantom's swept through the sky going to collect their prizes for Emperor Kefka.

* * *

Locke looked up into the sky. "Uh-oh, the ghost are back," He crawled over to the water and slid in. "this is one soul you're not going to take." He saw them getting closer to the surface of the water. 'Time this, Locke. Don't attack until they're all over your head.' He thought.

They circled around to leave the spring, until they felt a slight change in temperature under the water. As they reached in to grab Setzer's body, Locke sprung up and splashed them in the face. "Aaaahhh!!!" Some of them shouted, but there were too many and they got him. "No. Put him down!" He pulled out his weapon, but turned to a tap on the shoulder. "Time to die." He had gotten possessed. The ghost picked him up and flew him off with Setzer.