Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Forever... ❯ Reality ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forever…

by Karumi


Author's note: The second part of my fic. Hope you enjoy reading it, as much as I enjoy writing and if you can please review. Thanks! ^_^
Disclaimer: all FFIX characters belong to Squaresoft.



Garnet felt as her chest began to burn and her eyes started to watered. She check the pulse again for what seem like the twentieth time; yet she knew the result would be the same.

Zidane was dead in her arms; and there was nothing she could do about it. The realization of this made her cry even more. She looked at Zidane's face; it was a little dirty and his eyes were close, besides that, he didn't have a scratch on him. Garnet tried to stop the tears from coming out; it hurt so much.

She still hadn't question herself how she felt about Zidane, she knew she cared about him and that he was someone she could trust…but did she loved him? She didn't know…and still losing him was the worst feeling she had ever had. She didn't even notice the storm behind her. She softly laid Zidane's head on the ground and started to take deep breaths trying to calm down. The thunder behind her just roared louder.

~*~*~

"Your Highness! Queen Garnet!" The guard yelled, as he knocked harder on Garnet's bedroom. He'd been trying to get a response from her for the past five minutes, she wasn't responding; so he knocked even harder.
"Your Highness, are you all right?!"

Garnet woke up with a start; she was agitated and out of breathe. She tried to focus her mind on her surroundings. She was in her bedroom, safe and someone was knocking very hard on the door. "Yes? Who is it?" She called as calmly as possible.

"It's crew member Pier, your highness, I'm here to inform you that we have arrive to our destination; and that we are currently in the process of disembarking." He finished waiting for a response from her.

Garnet took a moment for her brain to process the information just given to her. "Thank you Pier, you may return to your post now." Garnet answered a little more calm now. She could hear Pier's footsteps as he left. She straighten up and sat on the right side of her bed. "It was all a dream…a nightmare," she thought to herself. She remembered it all …Alexandria…Kuja…Zidane…and most of all, the pain of losing him. She stood slowly, her mind was raging, even though there was only one though; "it was only a dream…it was only a dream…it was only a dream."
She grabbed a tissue from the drawer and wiped her sweat away. She couldn't get the dream out of her mind it was all she could think about; and why had she dreamt it in the first place. Kuja… "Dreams…mysterious things…try to tell you something"; "what did he mean by that".

Garnet put both her hands on her face, massaging her eyelids wit her fingertips. She couldn't think straight. Then a though came to her, an idea; she turned off the lamp and rushed to the main deck.

~*~*~

When Garnet arrived at the main deck, she looked around, but found no signs of the captain. She walked over to the nearest crewmember "Excuse me?" she tapped the man on the shoulder, making him turn almost instantly towards her.

"Your majesty!..how…how may I help you?" the young man said, obviously nervous.

"Yes, is the captain on board?" she asked trying to disguise the hurry in her voice. "No, your highness; but I'm stand in captain…Captain Taylor; how may I be of service?" Garnet gave a sigh of relief when she received the young captain's news. Looking around she noticed only two other members of the crew at the main deck. "How many people are left on board?" she asked; she was getting a little impatient now. "Only the people in this room your highness," he replied.

"Perfect" Garnet though. "Captain, inform your men that we are departing with the crew on board." She ordered turning around in the direction of her chambers. "But, your highness…" Taylor protested, regretting his words the moment he said them. Garnet turned halfway around "can you fly this airship with the crew on board?" she asked. Taylor didn't hesitate "Yes, your majesty; certainly." Garnet smiled to herself. "Then I want this airship on the air in five minutes captain; understood?" He didn't protest this time "yes, your highness" he said and stated to yelled orders at the other crewmembers left on the Hilda Garde.

Garnet had managed to walk a few steps before he spoke again "Destination, your highness?" Garnet swallowed, she had made up her mind…"the Iifa Tree."


~*~ End Chapter 2 ~*~