Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Glass Tower ❯ Belt ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

#16 Belt
[word count: 292]
Rude was picking Reno up at his new apartment on Midgar's plate. It wasn't in the best neighbourhood but it must have seemed like paradise compared to the slums.
 
Their first day on the job and he was already starting to feel a little nervous. He picked imaginary lint off the sleeve of his immaculate suit's jacket before knocking on the door.
 
It took a few minutes but eventually Reno answered the door and appeared to be ready to go. God, he hoped not….
 
“You don't really intend on goin' to work like that, do you?” Rude all but growled at his partner.
 
Reno seemed perplexed as he looked himself over. “What are ya talkin' about? Tseng said we could make modifications to the uniform if we wanted to.”
 
Rude groaned softly. His suit wasn't pressed, the dress shirt was untucked and wrinkled, a tie was missing, and the collar was wide open, unbuttoned enough to expose a wide vee of his pale flesh. Though his shoulder length hair was tied back, the ponytail was somewhat sloppy and his bangs were a choppy mess.
 
“Fuck it,” Rude shook his head, “Never mind, let's just go. We're already running late.”
 
Enthusiastic as always, Reno charged ahead of him. When Rude joined him in the elevator, he began to chuckle at the absurdity of it all.
 
“Hey, Reno.”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Are you actually wearing a studded belt?”
 
“Shit,” Reno tugged at his shirt a little, “Is it that obvious?”
 
Rude snorted, “You're kiddin' me, right?”
 
“Ah man, don't bust my balls, yo. It's the only black leather belt I own right now,” Reno explained with a sheepish grin.
 
Rude shook his head, “I hope for your sake job performance is more important than personal appearance.”