Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Happily ever after ❯ Happily ever after ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Happily ever after?

Laguna looked at Squall's Face, he knew now was his last chance to tell his son the truth, and deep inside, he knew that he had to do it now, no matter what, or he would break over it. He sat down, his leg cramping worse than ever.

Once more he breathed deeply, then he started to spoke, "Squall, there is one final thing I never came around to tell you, I am your father. Hyne, I know that sounds cheesy, like a scene of a bad b-movie, but it is nevertheless the truth." Laguna took another look to Squalls face, and breathed to calm down, how peaceful he looked.

"Your mother was Raine, the legal guardian of Ellone and the only woman I ever truly loved, yes I know you know about Julia, and I loved her too, but between us was never enough time to develop the feelings I had and still have for Raine. I really wish I could tell you how sorry I am, for all of that, for the chance to go back and give you and Ellie a normal childhood I would sell my soul this instant, but I cannot."

Laguna closed his eyes in a rush of emotional pain, the cramping in his leg was so tense now that it seemed to break his bones, but he did not even recognise it. Laguna opened his mouth again and spoke with a trembling voice, "I really hoped now after the Ultimecia crisis was over that I could make somehow up for it, or at least get to know you as the great man you surely grew up to, a version of they lived happily ever after. But obviously that is not meant to be."

Laguna looked once more down to his own son, looking so peaceful as if he was just resting before the tears blurred his vision again, then he shut the lid of the coffin and walked away from it, only a shadow of the man he used to be.Back to