Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ How Life is Suppose to Be ❯ The Future ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
The Future
 
 
“But that was twenty-one years ago. My parents are still alive. Lady Paine and Maester Baralai have been married and have twin sons. Aunty Rikku and Gippal also have been married and have two sons and one daughter. Maester Nooj and Leblanc have been married also and their daughter is a sphere hunter. And as for me I still live in my hometown with my brother, Jecht is the oldest to my parents. And did I forget to mention that Uncle Wakka and Auntie Lu have another son, named Chappu in honor of his uncle.” A young woman with jet black hair and emerald green eyes said looking to the sky.
 
“Hey Laska what are you doing out here? Mom and Dad want to talk to you and Uncle Wakka and Aunt Lulu needs to talk to you too.” A man who looked a little older that the woman with blonde hair and dark blue eyes.
 
“Yeah whatever Jecht, do you know what Aunt Lu and Uncle Wakka needs to talk to me about?” Laska said looking at her brother. He shook his head, she turned away.
“But I think it is about Chappu.” She turned and looked at her brother in shock.
 
“Finally he writes but he promised to write me. But I guess that his parents are more important than his girlfriend. But either way I am happy to hear that he has finally contacted us.” Jecht looked away from his sister sadly.
 
“What is all that noise, ya?” They turned and saw Wakka, he still had his hair color with some grey spots and you could tell that he was getting old.
 
“Uncle Wakka, it is nothing.” Laska lied and Wakka knew that she was by her trying to smile.
 
“Yeah whatever. Laska go talk to your parents so we may talk to you, ya.” Wakka looked at her sadly.
 
“Hey Uncle Wakka stop frowning, you and Auntie Lu have to be happy to hear from Chappu again.”
 
“I always wondered how you could keep smiling without a care. Chappu….just talk to Yuna and Tidus, so Lu and I can talk to you.”
 
“Yes sir.” Laska walked into the house where her parents lived. Wakka turned to Jecht.
 
“Uncle Wakka, why do you have to tell Laska? You know exactly how much it will hurt her.”
 
“Then what do you suggest we do, ya. I could not tell her but what will she do, ya. I don't want to see her cry but when Chappu comes back I am going to give him a pounding ya.” Wakka looked toward the dusk sky and then sighed.
 
“In the letter did he explain why he did such a thing?”
 
“No, but I will tell you something later. I heard that ex-members of the Gullwings will come to visit. So prepare to met everyone again, ya.” Wakka walked back into his house.
***************************************************************** *******
 
 
“Um Jecht said that you two wanted to see me?” Laska walked to her parents. Yuna had long hair and looked old. Tidus still had his hair the same and he also was old.
 
“My daughter we've gotten word about Vidina.”
 
“How is Chappu's older brother and when will him and his family come and visit us? It has been quiet sense he left.”
 
“And you don't think that it is peaceful.”
 
“Father, that's mean. And I will tell him that once he comes.” Tidus laughed and his daughter had put her hands on her hips.
“He will arrive tonight with his brother and…” Tidus covered Yuna's mouth. Laska looked at her parents confusedly.
 
“Chappu's coming home, finally. I hope that he has been in great enough health to come back home. I shall make a gift for him. And he was coming with whom?” Yuna looked as if was about to say something but Tidus scowled her.
 
“And the members of the Gullwings and their children are coming.”
 
“Oh ok well was that all you two had to say to me so I could talk to Uncle Wakka and Auntie Lu.” He parents nodded and then she walked out the door.
 
“Yuna, my love you know that it is not our place to say Chappu is to marry.”
 
“Yes, I know my husband.” Yuna got from where she was sitting and went to finish cooking the banquet. Tidus sighed and went outside.
***************************************************************** *******
 
 
Meanwhile over at Wakka and Lulu's house everyone was sitting in chairs with tea. Laska looked confused and was about to say something. But Wakka broke the silence.
 
“Laska there is something Lu and I need to talk to you about something.” Laska was about to say something but Wakka silenced her. “Chappu is…fighting fiends were easier. Chappu is engaged.” Laska looked shocked and froze in her seat.
 
“Wakka leave us for a little.” Wakka nodded and walked out the door. Once he was outside Laska's tears flowed uncontrollably.
 
“It is alright dear Laska. Wakka and I are disappointed in him.” Lulu walked next to Laska and held her.
 
“What did I do wrong I thought him cared a lot for me. But I guess I was wrong. Is it because I told him that I needed some space and I needed to think? Why did I have to push him away?” She looked away and tried to control her emotions.
 
“Look at me Laska! Chappu loved you and he knew that you loved him. And in the letter he did not blame you.” Lulu made Laska look at her.
 
“Maybe I didn't seem as if I loved him enough. And he didn't love me. If he did then why did he do this to me? Am I not his type or what? Auntie Lu I don't know what to do.” She could not control them any longer. Jecht, Wakka, and Tidus walked in and saw Laska crying. Lulu looked at them sadly.
 
“Hey mother, father I am home.” A tall man with red hair and blue eyes said walking into his parents' house. But he looked at Laska who was still crying.
 
“Vidina, sorry but right now isn't the time. We just told Laska about Chappu.” Lulu looked up and saw Chappu trying to get into the door to see what was wrong. Lulu looked at her son Vidina and he nodded. He turned to his brother and motioned his out.
***************************************************************** *******
 
 
 
“What is going on inside the house, Vidina?” Vidina didn't answer him but just punched him in the face.
 
“How could you do something like that to Laska? Mother is holding her as we speak and Laska can not control her crying. Why did you do that to her? You knew that she loves you and what do you do to acknowledge her love for you. You go and ask Leblanc's daughter to marry you.” He punched him in the face and was about to you punch him again.
 
“STOP, VIDINA. That's enough.” Vidina turned around and saw Laska.
 
“Laska, but you know how I react if someone hurt your feelings even my brother.” Laska shook her head.
 
“No I wanted to hit him. That's all.” Laska smiled and Vidina nodded. She walked up to Chappu.
 
“Laska, I….” Before he got to finish what he was saying she slapped him across his face.
 
“So I take it Leblanc's daughter is far more down to Spira than I am. Well I can't help it if I love the sea and air. And I also take it that she is far more beautiful than I am. But really I don't mind. Go ahead and marry her I really don't care. I was excited for you coming home but now I just wish you never came back!” Laska's voice had no fear in what he may say.
 
“I thought leaving would help you, but when I was sick you said that you could not come and I was crushed in that statement. So Luna…..”
 
“Oh so finally you say her name. Luna…not a bad name I think that it is better than Laska. And I also think that she has wonderful hair and eyes right?” At this time the cold wind picked up and Laska's hair was getting in her face.
 
Chappu noticed her face and thought, `She has been crying the whole time. Why didn't I notice it in her voice?' “You have been crying this whole time?” Laska was shocked that he finally noticed. She tried to hide her face. But then she saw someone run to Chappu's side.
 
“My love what happened to your face? Your eye is puffed up and there is a bright red hand print.” Laska noticed that the girl had dark brown hair and brown eyes. Her hair shined in the dark and it flowed pass her shoulders.
 
“Oh so I take it this is Luna?” Laska said laughing to her self.
 
“Sister, do not say anything or you'll put yourself in more pain.” Jecht whispered.
 
“No, I just need to say one more thing. How it is a pleasure to meet my boyfriend's fiancé.”
 
“Your boyfriend?” Luna sounded like a little ten year old.
 
`Great she sounds like a child, no wonder her parents probably spoil her. And another thing her parents are mostly important people. Her father Maester Nooj, I have high respect for him but her mother Leblanc, forget it.' “Yes I suppose that you would call him my ex-boyfriend now because I don't care anymore. Be my guest, go ahead and marry this ungrateful guy. I bet ya what he did to me is bound to happen to you.” Luna looked at her weird then understood her message.
 
“Chappu, darling I will see you once you come back home.” Luna kissed him on the cheek and went to the beach.
 
“Could you make my life anymore miserable?” Chappu looked at her and she got to her knees beside him.
 
“Oh I could make it much, much more miserable. And don't think that I won't. You be surprised. Let's just call it revenge of a sort.” She got back to her feet and went into her house.
 
(Was that ok? I hope so. Well I promise you this will get better.
 
Aelita: thank you for the review. I hope that u coutinue liking this story. But thank you so much I wasn't sure anyone was gonna like this story,cuz its so old and the wording sucks lol. But thanks again.