Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ In This Life ❯ The Irony of it All ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3: The Irony of it All

Leo came home after his first day of school to find the door locked. He gave it a puzzled look, and kicked it.

"MOOOOOOOM!! LET ME IN!" He whaled in front of the closed door. There was no answer, he couldn't even hear footsteps coming to the door. He peaked his eyes through the window and saw all the lights off. "Psh! It's obvious that neither of them is home!! It's just like them to do that! NO MESSAGE OR NOTHING!"

Back at Balamb High…

"Leo Tribal, message at the office…"

"Leo Tribal, message at the office…"

"Leo Tribal, message at the office…."

"Sheesh! LEO GET DOWN TO THE OFFICE!! WE'VE BEEN CALLING YOU ALL AFTERNOON!!"

~*~*~

"Yup, defiantly weird." Leo concluded, walking around to the front of the house. As he thought, the window to the living room was open. He rubbed his hands together and jumped up. He managed to do a dramatic flip to go inside, but the screen was on the window and he crashed into it and fell into the flower bed. He lay back and groaned.

"Having troubles?" Someone, standing above his head asked. He looked up and saw the face of April looking down at him. He immediately stood up and brushed himself off.

"Ehehehehe….Hey babe!" He greeted, rubbing the back of his head. "What are you doin' down here?"

"Leo, we've been neighbours for five years now…" She rolled her eyes and walked off Leo's lawn and headed across the street to her own house.

"I knew that!" Leo pleaded. She gave him a thumbs up without turning around and just continued walking to her house. Leo ran up to her and stopped in front of her. "Hey uh April, so you doin' anything tonight?"

"Yeah, me and the guys are going to the punk show…" She said.

"The punk show?" Leo repeated. "Oh yeah…." Leo never went to the punk show, there were always really dangerous mosh pits and stuff…not his thing. "Well…uhh…it just so happens me and my band are performing there next week…" April folded her arms.

"Oh, really?" She asked, sounding doubtful. "You have a band?" Leo nodded his head fastly and excitedly.

"Yup. We uh…don't have a name yet…but-" Leo explained. April chuckled softly. "Yeah, I'm the lead guitarist and vocals on some of the songs…Erin's the main vocalist, and Orion's the base guitarist." April looked up into Leo's hazel eyes with her blue ones and gave him a small smile.

"Nice…" She said softly. "But I gotta go now…See ya later." She said, smiling at him as she went into her house and closed the door softly. Leo let out a huge sigh and walked back to his house like he was on cloud number nine. Once he arrived back home he mindlessly tried opening his door again.

"Urgh!! Why's this door always locked lately?!" He yelled. He decided he'd go somewhere else. He hopped onto his skateboard and headed over to Orion's house. Once he was over there, he began ringing the doorbell over and over again. Soon, Orion came to the door, looking like he was half asleep.

"What do you want?" He asked, looking at his monkey tailed friend. Leo just shrugged and walked in.

"I got locked out of my house again…" Leo stated. Orion nodded his head as he yawned and they went downstairs to his room and started playing video games and listened to music loudly.

After hours of that, Orion's mother came home from work. She immediately went downstairs to Orion's room.

"ORION TURN THAT DOWN!!" She yelled. Orion obeyed, not wanting to face the wrath of his mother. "Oh…hi Leo. What are you doing here?"

"I got locked out of my house again…" Leo said absently, with his eyes glued on the T.V as he frantically pushed buttons on his controller. Orion's mother sighed and went upstairs. "YEAH! I WON!!" Leo screamed, standing up. Orion made a weird noise and dropped onto his bed and put his hands over his eyes.

"Let's call up everyone and go somewhere…" He thought aloud.

"Okey day." Leo agreed, walking up to the phone. He dialled a few numbers. "Hi Erin, wanna hang out with me and retard here?.....Yeah….Okay cool…..NO!......Do we halfta.???......I guess so, but I'm NOT buying you anything this time!!....Yeah, call up Liz and Adrian…..Great, see ya there!" Leo then hung up the phone.

"So what's happening?" Orion said not taking his hands off his eyes.

"We're going to the mall…" Leo replied. "I gotta call up Juliet and Aiko." Once he called up the other two, he and Orion went upstairs.

"Mom, we're going out for a while…" Orion said as he and his friend walked out the door.

"Did you do your homework?!" She asked. Orion twitched just at the thought.

"Uhh….we don't have any." Orion answered, trying to sound convincing. His mom gave him a quizzical look.

"Leo, do you guys have any homework?" She asked suspiciously. Leo shrugged.

"I don't…I dunno about him, we only have two classes together this semester…" Leo replied.

"And my other two are non-acedemic!!" Orion finished.

"Well okay…don't be too late." She concluded.

"Great, see ya mom!" Orion said.

"Bye Mrs. Ktulu!" Leo yelled in as the two ran outside. Leo hopped on his skateboard. "Okay c'mon, keep up!" Orion didn't skateboard so he had to walk. As Leo slid down the paved black streets on his skateboard, Orion tried to catch up but got tired. He then got an evil glimmer in his eye. He ran ahead and jumped on Leo's skateboard.

"AHH!!! ORION WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Leo panicked. "THIS CAN'T FIT BOTH OF US!!" Orion just grabbed onto Leo's back and they kept going.

"WEEEEEE!"

"I CAN'T CONTROL IT!! I'M GONNA CRASH!!" Leo observed. It was the end of the street and the side of a house was about to stop the two friends. "I CAN'T TURN!" They went full speed towards the white house.

"AAAAH!" They both screamed. Soon they could feel the impact of the house collide on their bodies. Their heads crashed into the wall and got them stuck. Leo and Orion both groaned in pain and looked up. They soon could see a familiar looking Ctarl girl with long blue hair looking at them blankly. She was only half dressed.

"AH! YOU PEEPING TOM PERVERTS!!" Aiko screamed. "Mega Punch!!" She yelled out, turning her fists around and sucker punching both the guys as they went flying to the other side of town.

***

Outside Balamb Mall stood Erin with two other girls. One had shoulder-length pink hair, red eyes, and wore a light blue sweater/jacket and jeans. Her name was Liz. The other girl had blond hair done back in a ponytail, and wore a black strap shirt with baggy black pants. She had a skateboard underneath her foot, sliding it back and forth. Her name was Adrian. They were all waiting for their friends.

Soon Juliet and Aiko arrived.

"Hey guys!" Juliet greeted. They all talked about girl things for a while.

"It's sure taking a while for Orion and Leo to get here…" Erin said, sounding a bit annoyed. Aiko gave out an evil laugh.

"Don't worry, they should be here soon….I think." She replied.

One hour later…

"This is stupid!" Adrian yelled. "They plan something and don't show up!!"

"That's typical for THEM." Liz reminded. "I think we should just go ahead without them…it's already seven o'clock and it closes at ten…" The five girls turned around and were about to walk in when they heard two familiar squeaks scream 'Wait!'

"It's about TIME you're here!!" Erin said, giving them the evil eye. Leo scratched the back of his head.

"Ehehehehe. It's a long story…" He replied. Then the seven of them walked into the mall together.

Strider's Note: Hullo. Wow I'm updating lots lately! If you wanna see pics of Erin, Leo, and Aiko, they're posted on my dad's site:

http://www.frolick.shawbiz.ca/serv02.htm

Yup. And he has the first chapter posted on it too. I'll be making more but that's all I have for now. C ya later