Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Just like him, Just for him ❯ Just like him ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title - Just like him, Just for him
Fandom - FFVII
Characters - Tseng, Rufus
Warnings this chapter - yaoi
Disclaimer - Don't own Final Fantasy 7. Square Enix does. Making no money either.
Note - Experimental format.
 
***************************************************************** ******
Part 1
***************************************************************** ******
 
~~Tseng~~
 
 
So this is where it ends. Staring into the sky and thinking how he'd miss the stars. It wasn't like he ever looked at them before. Too busy. Too many important things to do to stare at the sky and notice they were even there. Only now did he realize how beautiful they were.
 
Just like him.
 
The pain rolled over him, making his vision black out momentarily. He fought it, sucking in a breath and opening his eyes to stare upwards. They were so far away, so untouchable but still he yearned for them. Just once he wished he could have touched, reached out to hold one in his hands, even for just a moment.
 
Just like him.
 
So beautiful, regal and so far out of reach. What else did he expect? It wasn't like he deserved anything else. Why would a man such as that even look at him as anything else than a tool. A weapon to use at will to achieve his master's needs. That was all he was after all. Just an instrument to be used to achieve a goal. Just a life that lived or died depending on his master's orders, his master's desire. It was his purpose, what he was born to be. In his own way, he too was obsessed with power.
 
Just like him.
 
The difference was he was in love with the man that held all the power. The one who chose whether he lived or died. He was just a slave to his god, following him around like shadow. A darkness to contrast his light. The action to the master's thoughts. The punishment for disobeying the master's words. The retribution for not bowing to the master's demands. Not a person, not a being that chose for himself. Created for this life. Trained to be what he was.
 
Just like him.
 
Was it any wonder his last thoughts would be of his master? Of wanting to touch him… please him… make him smile? The pain swept over him again, blacking out the sky and making him fight for air. He was so sick of fighting. So sick of pain and darkness and nightmares that wouldn't stop. When had his life changed? When had that little boy who followed his mother like she was the sun and giggled at way the sunbeams danced across the floor turned into an emotionless monster?
 
Just like him.
 
He was loosing the battle for life. The pain and darkness were winning, blacking out the stars and leaving him bereft, lost and adrift in his own personal nightmare. He knew this was how it would end. No shinning light. No salvation. No angels to guide him home. Just the black cold emptiness enveloping him and drowning him in its nothingness. Swallowing his soul and taking away the little light of hope that had clung in his heart.
 
Just like him. Just for him.