Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Just To Say... ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Just to say `I love you'

Disclaimer: I own nothing of Final Fantasy, I'm only borrowing them for this story..

Tifa Lockheart sat on top of a well, in the small town of Nibelhiem, her ruby red eyes closed as she thought deeply. `Why can't I tell him? Ever since Aerith's death he's been depressed and I.. I just can't bare to tell him how I feel..'

She thought of the blond twenty-two year-old, sighing gently, pulling her knees up against her chest, eyes opening slowly. `He's been keeping to himself, ever since we defeated Sephiroth and the planet was saved.. I don't know what do anymore.. I think part of him was also killed when she was killed..'

He head tilted up, towards the sky and she blinked. `It's dark out..'

"Tifa, is that you?"

"Hmm?" She glanced down, meeting the gaze of a tall, black haired man, clad in mostly crimson, his golden claw shimmering in the dim moonlight. "Oh, it's you, Vincent.. Hi.." She smiled, softly, looking down at him, a soft look in her eyes.

"What are you doing here all alone?"

She shrugged, looking back up at the sky. "I don't know.. Just thinking, I guess.."

He hesitated in asking. "About.. Cloud?"

She looked quickly down at him, blinking, her ruby eyes wide with slight surprise and she then sighed, a gentle sigh which mingled with the wind. "Yea, about Cloud.. He's become more distant ever since we've defeated Sephiroth.. It's like.. a part of him was taken away when Aerith died and then the rest of him was taken away when we killed Sephiroth."

Vincent just looked up at her, holding back an urge to comfort her, knowing it would only make things worse on the ruby eyed woman's part.

"Vincent," she said, in a low voice, her gaze never moving from him.

"What is it, Tifa?"

She said nothing, just looking at him, with tears in her red eyes, the moon reflecting off her dark brown hair. She looked so.. vulnerable in her present state.

Tifa reminded him of a child, looking for comfort and love. The way she looked at him, with such need in her eyes and the look of wanted comfort pained him but he didn't show it.

She didn't know how to ask him, how to ask him to come up there and comfort her, how could she? It would be like disowning Cloud, her childhood friend, her crush. She couldn't ask Vincent to come up there and comfort her but she wanted to be held, wanted to be hugged, wanted.. to have the older man by her side, comforting her.

"Tifa, what's the matter?"

She was jutted out of her thoughts. Vincent had climbed up the well and had taking a seat beside her on it. A gentle blush rose to her cheeks and she looked down at her lap, blinking. "I.. I don't know what to really think anymore.."

Vincent watched her shoulders shake and he placed his hand on her shoulder, his claw at his side. "Tifa.."

She looked at him, surprised by his touch. "Vincent..?"

He moved his hand to her cheek, looking her in the eyes and moved his clawed hand to her lap, taking her hand in the claw and he leaned forward, getting a small sound of surprise from Tifa as he kissed her, head tilted slight, eyes closed.

Tifa blinked, eyes widening and a blush rose along her cheeks. She hadn't expected this, she hadn't expected a kiss from him. His touch on her cheek was gentle and the kiss was a light one, as if he was questioning her on whether she would accept that or not.

She closed her eyes, slowly giving into what was running through her mind and she moved her free hand to his shoulder, leaning closer, more into the kiss.

A few moments passed and the kiss ended and they were sitting there, silent, Vincent looking at Tifa as she kept her ruby eyes closed.

When she opened her eyes she found herself looking into a pair of red eyes, which had a soft look to them and a smile. `He's smiling.' She thought, laughing gently to herself.

Vincent looked at her, confused. "What is so funny?"

"It's just. I'm surprised to see you smiling but.." She smiled at him, eyes reflecting the starlight in them. "I'm happy to see you smile.. I was wondering if you ever did that."

He chuckled, leaning forward, so his cheek brushed against hers and he closed his eyes, listening to her breathing and noticed her looking at him through the corner of her eyes. "I was hoping that you were out tonight.."

"W.. why?" she sounded surprised, yet slight happy.

He smiled, placing his hand on the side of her neck. "Because, Tifa, I love you.."

She felt him draw away and she watched as he stood and walk over to the ladder that led up the well. She blinked, pulling a knee up to her chest. "You're leaving?"

He looked at her, watching her look at him innocently with her gentle red eyes. "Just tonight.. I'll be back, Tifa.." He gave her a smile, pushing some of his black hair away from his face. "I wouldn't leave you alone, not for anything, Tifa."

She looked up at the sky and then back at him, finding him not there and she looked around. "Vincent..?" Her eyes grew wide with fear. "Where'd you go?"

She stood, walking over to the well ladder and climbed down, walking towards her house, casting a quick glance to the mansion, where she swore she could see Vincent, in the top right room, watching her and she smiled, feeling a warmth within her. She felt happy, she wouldn't be alone anymore, not with Vincent, she knew that he'd be there for her and that made her heart feel full again.