Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 17

 

 

Rinoa walked up, she was reading a book in the back of the library and heard them talking. She stood next to Shukera as Sephiroth and Quistis walked up.

 

Shukera rolled her eyes when she saw how much in Quistis was up in Sephiroth's face. The small group fell quiet as Quistis and Sephiroth stood in front of them.

 

Quistis cleared her throat noisily, "I see Shukera has met some of the students."

 

Shukera glared at her but said nothing, as did everyone else. Quistis ignored their looks and faced Sephiroth, "This is Irvine. Rinoa and Selphie you met earlier." She faced Irvine. "This is Sephiroth."

 

Irvine reluctantly offered his hand and replied flatly. "Yeah, I've heard of him."

 

Sephiroth faced Shukera and forced a smile on his face. "Are you getting along alright?" He looked away from her to conceal his disgust.

 

Shukera replied flatly, "I'm fine." She added a huge smile, mocking him.

 

Everyone sensed the tension between them. They glanced between Sephiroth and Shukera but said nothing.

 

Sephiroth fidgeted a bit to give the impression he was nervous. "Uh…there's going to be a party held for us tonight. Are you going??"

 

Shukera snapped, losing her composure completely, "Of course I am!! I mean it's the least I can do since it's held for us right?? Come on Sephiroth, what do you think?!?! I thought you were smarter than that!!" Suddenly she grinned as she folded her arms, "I should ask you if you are going or is that below you and your little friend here. I mean is she going to allow you to go??"

 

Selphie and Rinoa snickered and Irvine looked on amused. Quistis became insulted. Her face turned a shade of red as she snapped, "What's that supposed to mean?!?!" She folded her arms and smirked, "You're just jealous, that's all!!"

 

Shukera reached out, grabbed her by the shirt, and glared down at her. "Don't ever make that mistake again!!! I have nothing to be jealous of you for, believe me!! You had better get over yourself!!"

 

Quistis glared at Shukera as she replied, "Hmph, some combat soldier you are!! You couldn't even handle your friendship with Sephiroth. I seem to be doing MUCH better than you ever could with Sephiroth!"

 

Shukera let her go and pointed her finger at Quistis, poking her in the chest. "Let's get one thing straight here!! My friendship with Sephiroth is none of your damned business!!! And don't flatter yourself by thinking my anger with him has anything to do with you!! I just plain don't like you and find you nothing but a worthless piece of shit!!"

 

Quistis laughed casually, mocking her. Shukera lost her patience and drew back her fist. Selphie quickly caught her arm before she could swing at Quistis, and pulled her away. "You have to calm down Shukera. Remember what I said earlier, you are no longer in Midgar. You can't do things like this here!"

 

Sephiroth moved in front of Quistis as he spat, "What's wrong with you Shukera?!?! You're acting crazy!!!"

 

Shukera pulled her arm away from Selphie and thrusted her finger in Sephiroth's face. "You have a hell of a nerve asking me that!! Why the concern all of a sudden, huh??"

 

Sephiroth looked hurt as he turned away from them and walked out of the library. Quistis glared at Shukera before she turned to follow him. Shukera folded her arms. "She's damned lucky we are not in Midgar!! I would have killed her by now!!"

 

Irvine watched Sephiroth and Quistis leave, and then laughed out loud. "Boy you sure told her!!! But, I thought you and Sephiroth were friends. I miss all the good stuff!!"

 

Rinoa faced her wondering the same thing. "Shukera, what happened? The pain in his eyes reminded me of Seifer when he found out about Squall and I. It's so sad…"

 

Shukera looked up at her a bit surprised. "You actually believe he is hurt?? Don't feel sorry for him! Believe me; he is getting what he deserves!!"

 

Irvine smirked, "It's alright Shukera, we believe you. But, I have to say, that guy Sephiroth had a strange look to him. Kinda like a monster that's caught in the tracks of Doomtrain after it's summoned. I don't like him, he gives me the creeps."

 

Shukera smiled as she thought, "If only you knew."

 

Irvine suddenly laughed out loud. "Damn, that stuff between you and Quistis was so damned funny!! I thought you were going to let her have it Shukera! Too bad Selphie stopped you! Probably could have knocked some sense into her!!"

 

Selphie nudged Irvine in the stomach, "True, but we can't act like that here, right?"

 

Irvine wrapped his arms around Selphie as he laughed, "Right. But still, it would have been funny to see."

 

Rinoa laughed as she covered her mouth, "He's right you know." She stretched and smiled. "I have to go and meet Squall. We have to study for a test."

 

Selphie snickered, "I bet you are really going to study, if you know what I mean." She raised her eyebrows up and down teasingly at Rinoa.

 

Rinoa shook her head as she placed her hands on her hips. "Selphie you have been around Irvine for way too long!" She waved as she turned towards the entrance to the library, "Catch you guys later at the party!"

 

Irvine looked at his watch. "I'll catch you later Selphie. I want to get some shooting practice in before I have to get ready for the party." He took his cowboy hat back from Selphie and winked at her. "Have to keep my skills sharp." He kissed her on the cheek and left for the training center.

 

Selphie watched him until he disappeared out of the library. She smiled as she faced Shukera once again. "So, let's continue your tour!" Together they walked out of the library and made their way towards the Training Center.