Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 27

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 27

 

 

Shukera's emotions started clashing inside her. Rage filled, she grabbed her sword and stormed to the training area. Fighting some monsters was the only way to work off the rage and frustration she had inside.

 

Shukera entered the deserted hallway. Her steps echoed through the silent hallway, which made her slow down her pace. The only sound that could be heard was the constant trickling of the water fountain. Shukera paused for a moment and closed her eyes, taking in the serenity of the water as it hit against the pool that collected at the bottom.

 

A tear dropped from her eye as her younger voice echoed through her mind, "When I get older I want to protect the people who cannot protect themselves No one will suffer anymore by Shin Ra's hand!!"

 

Reno laughed, "And how do you suppose you are going to do that??"

 

Shukera stared directly into his eyes and replied, "I will find a way, that's a promise!"

 

Aerith giggled, "That's our Shukera!! Always looking out for other people!"

 

Shukera gritted her teeth as the memory faded. She had caused suffering instead of protecting people and she had no one to blame but herself. She joined Soldier and was poisoned by the force known as Shin Ra. They were like a chisel chipping away at a stone, eventually reaching the breaking point and soon the stone crumbles, regardless of the size.

 

Wiping the tears away, Shukera spat, "They are not getting their claws into this place!!! Not if I can help it!!" She swung her sword through the air and turned away from the water fountain her next destination, the Training Center.

 

Moments later, Shukera entered the Training Center and prepared to fight some monsters. The sound of laughter quickly grabbed her attention; someone was in there already. Suddenly Shukera filled with a foreboding feeling. She crouched behind a huge bolder and cautiously peeked through a crack, just enough to see who was talking. She gasped, there stood Seifer, Sephiroth, Quistis, and Fujin. She moved in closer to she could hear what they were saying.

 

Seifer laughed mockingly, "Man! She is a cold hearted bitch!"

 

Quistis placed her hand on her chest for a more dramatic effect and rolled her eyes, "I know! I loath that bitch!!!"

 

Sephiroth rubbed Quistis' shoulders as he replied, "I know. I had to 7 years training her!" He grinned deviously as he added; "I made her into a heartless killer! I guess I put too much effort into that."

 

Fujin lowered her head, not feeling very comfortable with all this. She just listened quietly. Quistis turned around and ran her hand up Sephiroth's bare chest. "She's a piece of work, let me tell you." Sephiroth ran his hand down her back as he gazed into her eyes, "She's my masterpiece. I'm glad you like it." He leaned down and kissed Quistis passionately.

 

Seifer snickered, "So, when are you going to tell her that you have arranged to have that man killed??" Shukera's chest tightened and for a moment, she found it hard to breath. Her mind raced as she moved a bit closer to find that Seifer was looking directly at her. She froze as she waited for him to blow her cover, but to her surprise he just continued on. "I think you need to come up with something to tell her. She seems to be very determined when she wants to know something." He continued to stare in her direction, smirking in his usual manner.

 

Sephiroth broke the kiss and replied without looking at Seifer, "I know how she is. But, she's easily fooled, so I will just tell her that the Turks did it, namely, Reno. She seems to have a soft spot for the red headed Turk."

 

Shukera blinked for a moment. Was that jealously she detected in Sephiroth's voice?? Was he jealous of Reno?? Things no longer made any sense. Shukera continued to listen in as confusion gripped her once again.

 

Sephiroth continued, "Wait till she finds out that they are dropping another plate on to the slums. Avalanche is reported to be hiding in another section below Shin Ra. You would think that after the last time this happened, they would be smarter than that. Seems no one is original these days. Rufus has no originality. His father dropped the plate on Sector 7 and now he's following in his father's footsteps." Sephiroth laughed, "He even died like his father!!"

 

The walls began closing in around Shukera as she tried to control her breathing. Every breath seemed labored as her chest closed tighter. She had to get to her computer and warn them of what's to happen. She feared she was going to be too late. She focused on Seifer who appeared to be smiling. He was up to something. Time was running out and she was stuck where she was.

 

Sephiroth leaned down and kissed Quistis once again. She noticed Seifer was doing something with his hand, when she realized he was waving for her to leave. He was staring directly at her and stretched, pointing at the exit with his hand in mid stretch. She nodded slightly and quietly darted out of the Training Center before anyone else saw her. As she raced to her dormitory, she wondered why Seifer was helping her when he hated her so much. Things were getting strange. Sighing, Shukera forced the thought out of her head, there were more pressing issues to worry about.

 

Shukera burst into her dorm room, flipped on the light, and pulled out her computer. She furiously began typing on the keyboard: REEVE!!! GET EVERYONE OUT OF THE SECTOR NOW!!!! SHIN RA IS GOING TO DROP THAT PLATE LIKE THEY DID IN SECTOR 7!!! GET EVERYONE OUT OF THERE!!! I DON'T WANT TO LOSE A SINGLE PERSON!!!! She pressed the send key and waited anxiously for the reply.

 

Shukera's mind clouded with confusion once again. She asked herself, "Why was he helping me??" Nothing made sense anymore. The lines between enemy and ally were getting cloudy, which spelled danger! Questions of who to trust and not trust began surfacing. All she knew was the fact that Raijin and Selphie could definitely be trusted, but how many more? This game of cat and mouse with Shin Ra was getting complicated and she was directly in the middle of it.

 

Shukera stood up and began pacing the room. She took in a deep breath as she forced all thoughts from her mind. "Now think damn it!!! You're the leader and all these people are counting on you!!" She knew sooner or later she would have to approach Squall and the headmaster to warn them. But first, she had to take care of things back home. She decided that when everything calmed down, she would inform them of Shin Ra's true intentions.

 

Shukera's computer beeped and startled her from her train of thought. She jumped on the bed and immediately read the message: It's done. The plate is dropped, but Avalanche caught wind of what was going on and already began evacuating the area. For now, everything is all right and everyone is OK. Shin Ra is in shambles at the moment. There is much confusion with the death of Rufus. Scarlet is trying to reform the company, but she is being met with opposition. Shukera keep your eyes open!! Shin Ra is making their move to take over Balamb Garden. Better start getting them prepared. Catch you later, Sis.

 

Shukera dropped back in her bed and stared at the ceiling. For the moment, they were safe. She set the computer next to her and stared at the screen as she tried to sort this whole mess in her head. Slowly her body betrayed her racing thoughts and sleep won over.