Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of the Final Materia ❯ Chapter 50

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 50

 

 

A noise emitted from the south end of the slums and Barett took Zell and Yuffie with him to check it out. When he saw all the activity, he raced back to the others, waving his gun arm as he approached. "Shin Ra is here!" He picked up Aerith once again and waited to see what they were going to do. One thing was for sure; it was too dangerous to stay where they were.

 

Cid turned to the others, "Ok, let's disburse from here and meet in Wall Market!! From there, it's on to Shin Ra!!"

 

Cloud nodded, "I suggest we break into groups so Shin Ra don't see this mob heading for Wall Market."

 

They broke up into groups and staggered out of the area they were hiding in outside of Wall Market. Cautiously and disguised, the groups traveled through the different areas of the slums towards Wall Market where they would eventually meet up again.

 

The evacuation made the place eerily silent. A huge mess scattered through out the area as people just ran off leaving everything behind. Cloud was pleased with Harris and the others. They managed to get everyone out. Just as Shukera asked, not a single life form was found in the area.

 

Hours later, the group met in the Don's old mansion and formulated their plan. Elena met up with T-seng, who escaped from the hideout after Shukera was taken away. They joined Cloud and the others in time to help with the invasion plans.

 

Cloud began, "If anyone has anything to add, feel free. Elena and T-seng can get us access to the top floors so they will be last. Barett, Cid, Tifa, and Nanaki you guys hit the main entrance." He paused as he motioned to Aerith's body, "Barett, guard her with your life."

 

Barett nodded and smirked as he prepared his gun arm. "Ha, we've done that before!! Just like old times!!" He knew it was going to be a challenge carrying Aerith along in the attack, but he knew there was no other choice. Leaving her at the house she once lived in was no longer an option since it was destroyed a long time ago and was never rebuilt, leaving her anywhere else just didn't seem right.

 

Tifa nodded, "Don't worry Cloud. We will protect Aerith…from anyone!!" Then she smiled, "Yeah like old times, but better!!" She made a fist and hit it against Barett's.

 

Cloud nodded and chuckled. "Selphie you take Zell, Irvine, and Yuffie and hit the back entrance. If you hit them the same time as Barett hits the entrance, the guards should be split between you guys."

 

Selphie jumped up and down as she waved her arms. "WHOOO HOOOO This is gonna be soooo much fun!!!! We're gonna hit them with all we have!! Blow them sky high!!!"

 

Zell and Yuffie traded a glance and looked at Selphie as if she were crazy.

 

Cloud then turned to Vincent, "You and Raijin come with me to the top floors. Guard Aerith…and her daughter with your life!!" Then he glanced at Raijin, "It's going to be up to you to find Shukera and free her!! No matter what it takes, we need to get Aerith and Shukera together to the top floor of the building. Burgenhagen said to use the highest point; well the highest point is the top of the Shin Ra building. That is our main goal!!"

 

Vincent nodded and continued to listen.

 

Raijin made a fist, "You got it, ya know!!"

 

"Elena, you and T-seng come with us. I want to find Scarlet and her idiots as quickly as we can and take them out before Barett arrives with Aerith. Remember, Squall and Rinoa will be with them. They are our enemy now and I know you don't need me to tell you what that means."

 

Elena nodded sadly as she glanced at Selphie, "I know Cloud. Let's just get this over with so we can get everyone back."

 

Everyone split into their groups and prepared to move out. Cloud faced them and looked at each one in turn. "We hit them with all we have, hold nothing back. This is not going to be pretty nor is it going to be easy. Be prepared for just about anything. With Shin Ra…there's no telling what we will run in to."

 

Barett waved his gun arm, "Wouldn't want it any otha way!!"

 

Zell punched his open fist, "Yeah!! That goes for me as well!!"

 

Selphie cheered, "Let's kick some boootah!!!"

 

Cloud spat, "Let's climb this big pizza and hit them from there!!"

 

Vincent took Bethany into his arms and carried her with him, ready to guard her from anything that decided to come his way.