Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ More Fantasies ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
More Fantasies: Universe II

Fantasy 11: Card Tricks (Fullmetal Alchemist)

The three card players showed each other their cards. Alphonse was at a loss again, but what's this? Their red haired guest and his brother were at a draw? "Wait a minute..." The upset suit of armor stood up, the quiet country side appeared less and less peaceful by the second as his angry aura was felt. "You both have the same cards!"

"No we don't, mine are real," Reno pointed out, causing Ed to growl something under his breath. "But something is wrong here."

"Yes, something is very wrong." Edward engaged in a glaring contest with Reno, hating the fact that he had to look up to meet the redhead's eyes, because he was shorter.

With perfect coordination, Ed and Reno pointed accusing fingers at each other at the same time. "You cheated!" Cards flew out of their respective sleeves with the movement in poetic justice.

The already angry suit of armor became angrier as Alphonse's soul twitched within it. "You both cheated!" And they both ran.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Fantasy 12: Zombie Delivery Service (Zombie Loan)

The conductor was wearing a red military uniform, while the orchestra was wearing blue. He adjusted his hat and took his position in front of the orchestra. "Attention!"

The orchestra members ceased their talking and looked at their leader.

"President Rufus will be visiting us later today. We must make sure that we welcome him properly. If you do, we might just get a new canon!" Needless to say, the conductor was very excited about this. He was in fact so exited, that he had forgotten his trauma about being held hostage by terrorists inside a submarine, along with two soldiers. That blond boy's reckless driving would give him nightmares for a long time, even more so when they went after Emerald Weapon.

The soldiers cheered and got ready to play their xylophones. They decided to be original and use an instrument that was not often seen in an orchestra.

The military leader started to wave his arms around and the xylophone orchestra began their rehearsal.

"Captain! Captain!" A panicked cadet ran into the training hall, which was now the rehearsal room.

"Explain yourself! We're in the middle of a very important rehearsal!" The Junon Shinra army captain was sure that Rufus would not tolerate an unsatisfactory welcoming.

"But sir, it's the cookies!" The cadet gasped out of breath from all the running.

"What about the cookies?" The captain could not afford anything going wrong, specially the cookies.

"That service Reeve suggested, Strife Delivery Service, well the cookies were delivered on time, but zombies ate them and we don't have enough gil left to pay for another supply of cookies plus the delivery fee!" It was a disaster, the end of the world for that poor cadet.

"This is terrible!" Why did those stupid zombies had to pick today to go on a rampage? Rufus would arrive in a few hours and the band needed to practice. "I have a mission for you..."

The cadet stood straight and saluted, "Sir! Yes, sir!"

"I want you to find a new delivery service that can bring the cookies." The captain had received orders not to let the army leave their posts until after Rufus' visit was over, so sending one of his own to get the cookies was out of the question. After the submarine incident, the captain was worried that one more mistake would get him fired and kicked out of the Shinra army for good.

The cadet looked like he had no idea how in the world he would accomplish that on time, but he quickly regained his composure. "Sir! Yes, sir!" He saluted and ran off, intending to fulfill the mission he was given, he just didn't know where to start.

xoxox xox xoxox

"Z-Loan Delivery Service!"

For the desperate cadet who was running around the base like a headless chicken, the two, apparently normal, teenagers looked like angels of mercy and salvation. The cadet did not know who called them, but they brought cookies to replace the ones those rampant zombies that had recently taken a liking to terrorizing Junon, had previously devoured. The cadet could only guess they got tired of flesh, or already had their share and wanted dessert. "The cookies!"

"That's right, we brought the cookies!" The white and black haired boy was cheerful; his golden eyes reflected his good mood, as if he was getting a nice monetary bonus for his delivery.

"We will require access to the areas of the base designated only for the military so that we may deliver the food." The dark haired boy with red eyes was definitely not as cheerful as his companion.

"Oh right, of course, on one condition," the cadet would certainly not waste this opportunity to cause a good impression after a successful mission. "Tell the captain I sent you, okay?"

"Sure, no problem, Bob." The cheerful delivery boy replied looking at the cadet's name tag on his uniform.

Eager to let the delivery boys inform the captain who had been the one to solve the cookie problem, the cadet gave them some passes, granting them access to the military only areas of Junon.

xoxox xox xoxox

It didn't take too long for Chika and Shito to find, hunt and guide the zombies, and deliver the load of Oreo cookies that were only to provide cover for their true mission.

Shito found it odd that an illegal zombie would like cookies. It would be different if it were a legal zombie, or an illegal zombie that still kept some sanity, but not those whom they hunted. At least it was a convenient way to find an excuse to infiltrate Junon.

As if seeing Shito's question in his eyes, Chika spoke. "I guess the Ferryman has his ways."

xoxox xox xoxox

Meanwhile, at the Z-Loan office, Bekko watched his computer screen change when the zombies were guided. The loan accounts of Chika Akatsuki and Shito Tachibana, were automatically updated by the correct amount and the added bonus for having them travel all the way to Junon. "Another job well done," Bekko glanced at Yutta who was contently eating cookies from the pile of boxes he stole from Junon.

xoxox xox xoxox

Cookie Zombies

Young zombies arrive being called
During, early fall, gather, here
In Junon known later,
Many nice Oreos poured,
Quality, really super tasty.
Ultimate victory with xylophones.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Fantasy 13: Driving Lessons (Zombie Loan)

"My little squirrel!" Yuri shrieked at the top of his lungs. "You'll get killed!"

Chika merely growled in response, he didn't understand his father's protests. What would happen when Momoka became old enough to take her driver's test and didn't have her older brother to teach her? "I'm doing fine."

"No, no, no!" Yuri continued freaking out.

"I was being careful; you know I didn't go a single mile over ten above the speed limit!" Because that was how those who were still young interpreted speed limits, they added another ten miles, or fifty in Sotetsu's case.

"You'll be ready one day, I'm sure you will," and the subject was left at that on Yuri's side.

"Fine! I'll just ask a friend to teach me!" Chika resolved.

"A friend? You have an older friend who has a driver's license?" Yuri reflected on this. "I suppose it would be okay, if your friend makes sure you don't drive too fast."

"I have friends who have driving licenses, and motorcycle licenses, and helicopter licenses, and ferryboat licenses, and I'm leaving!"

As Chika stormed away, Yuri thought that maybe he was a bit overprotective sometimes, and maybe Chika would be better off learning to drive with a friend.

xoxox xox xoxox

"You remember what I told you, right?"

Chika nodded energetically. "Not to take my foot off the gas and not worry about crashing, because you can tell Shinra it happened on a missing and buy a new car with the insurance money."

"Good," Reno tossed him the keys and hopped into the passenger seat, while his student happily took the driver's seat. "After you're done learning how to drive, I'll teach you to fly the chopper."

"Awesome!" Chika cheered.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Fantasy 14: Mirrors Don't Lie (Kingdom Hearts)

Note: The first and third lines of each verse are for Reno and the second and last are for Axel.

A shadow he had never seen,
A person he had never been,
Feeling each other's presence,
The one who is his essence.

Finding him face to face,
Meeting his inevitable fate,
Similar expressions, identical hair,
It was happiness and despair.

"Who are you?" the original asked,
And the other his identity masked,
"Why do we look alike?"
"I'm nobody," he replied.

A chuckle and an amused laugh,
To disappear, would fate pass?
"You're somebody," unknown connection.
It was acknowledgement from his reflection.

Paths crossed and went on,
It was doubt that stopped,
Unknown, yet somebody for sure,
Mirrors don't lie, he could assure.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Fantasy 15: Similar (Zombie Loan)

"Hey Shito!"

'Great,' Shito had failed his mission to leave his room, get some food and return unnoticed. "What?"

"We're buddies, right? We can tell each other anything." The way Chika chose to start the conversation wasn't too unusual, not lately.

"What do you want?" That day Shito wasn't feeling up to being around people, he rarely was, but that day he just needed some alone time.

"I was wondering," Chika began but Shito stopped him.

"Not that again."

Chika blinked than realized what Shito was talking about. "I wasn't going to ask that." Apparently Shito did not like being repeatedly asked who he liked.

"I don't want to play Umo." What else could it possibly be?

"That's too bad, but that wasn't what I was going to ask."

Shito knew there was no escape. Chika would follow him around all day if he didn't get some form of reply to whatever curiosity he had developed this time. "What is it?"

"It's okay if you tell me. I won't tell anyone and we're buddies, so we can trust each other with secrets like that. You can tell me the truth and I'll still be your friend!"

Shito didn't like where this was going, but he wanted to get it over with anyway. He gave Chika an impatient glare and his zombie hunting partner immediately got the message.

Chika took a deep breath and asked in all seriousness. "Are you a vampire?"

"What?" Shito knew he should expect all sorts of odd questions and comments from Chika, but that caught him a little off guard. More so because Chika sounded completely serious about it, as if he truly believed there was a possibility of it being true.

"I mean, were you a vampire before becoming a zombie?" Chika clarified the question.

Shito stood there silently glaring daggers at Chika and resisting the urge to punch him.

"Did you used to be a vampire? Are you still a vampire? Or more like a zombie vampire. It's just that the other day Reno said he suspected that Vincent is a vampire and the two of you look so much alike, I thought maybe you were a vampire too!"

"It is best if you do not try to think unless you have a brain."

"Is that a yes or no?"

Shito concluded that letting Chika spend too much time with Reno was not a very good idea.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Fantasy 16: Mad Scientists (Zombie Loan, Saiyuki Reload)

Yoshizumi approached his fellow mad scientist Nii, who was having a seemingly interesting conversation with his bunny plushie. "Nii."

"Yes, I agree. Really, is that so? Well if you say so. Yes, yes, I'm sure of it." Nii continued talking to the cute and fluffy bunny.

Yoshizumi cleared his throat and spoke a little louder. "Nii!"

Slowly, very slowly, Nii turned his face away from his bunny partner and looked at Yoshizumi. "How may I help you today? Interested in reviving?"

Yoshizumi frowned; Nii always teased him about being a zombie. Nii didn't really like zombies, living was more his style, not being undead. "I am not interested in your experiments and you know it. Of course, if you used my methods, that creature you're trying to revive would have been walking the Earth a long time ago."

"I'm sure of it, as a corpse, an easy target for the westward travelers. I can see it now, 'look at that, an overgrown zombie youkai'. Bang, bang, bang, 'rest in pieces.' Then, when they finally reach the castle and ask, 'where's the youkai king?' I would sadly inform them that they already destroyed him." Nii moved the bunny plushie as if it were scolding him. "Oh pitiful Nii! Shame on you, sending out a corpse instead of a living monster."

Yoshizumi made a pouty face, unlike what would be expected from a mad scientist. "Don't make fun of my zombies!"

"The living are better. With my revival experiment, I will settle for nothing less than a living, breathing monster. A corpse seems like such a waste. Can you truly revive a zombie? It's not revival if it stays dead." The two scientists obviously differed in their methods. Nii preferred a true revival and Yoshizumi was satisfied as long as the creature could move around.

"Shut up Nii, that's not what I came to discuss!" The zombie scientist couldn't stand the one who always carried a bunny. They were simply too different and with opposing ideas on what revival was.

"Then what pray tell, have you come to tell me?" That smile, that attitude, Yoshizumi couldn't stand Nii. Knowing this only amused Nii further and he continued to smile at Yoshizumi's frustration.

Yoshizumi was generally in a good mood, he found humor in the goriest scenes, but he couldn't stand the dark haired man that stood before him playing with a stuffed toy. Further more, that man seemed to have more fan girls than him, which only aggravated him further.

Reading Yoshizumi like a book, Nii asked. "Is this about the fan girls? Oh yes, it must be. You want advice on how to have more. Is that it? Do you seek knowledge?" Nii held his bunny plushie in front of him and spoke in what he imagined the rabbit's voice would sound like. "You're not cute enough. You're gory and girls think you're yucky because of it. Those few who follow you, only like you because you had that young man handcuffed and chained for fan service!"

"That's not it!" That young man was a hostage, only that. Yoshizumi hated it when people misinterpreted things.

"Pitiful, pitiful!" Nii spoke normally now and laughed.

"Forget it!" Yoshizumi turned away and started walking. He paused and looked at Nii for a moment. He had to say what he had initially come to say. "Stop talking to that rabbit thing of yours. It's scaring away the fan girls. You're creeping them out."

"Oh no, it's not us. They adore my bunny! If you would look over there," Nii pointed with his plushie's paw in direction to a glass tank with a zombie inside.

"My exhibition? You're saying that my exhibition is the problem?" Yoshizumi was offended.

"On the other side of the tank, outside of it." Nii specified.

The two scientists walked across the convention center towards Yoshizumi's exhibition. Yoshizumi and Nii watched as another scientist poked the glass muttering something.

"Dead specimen, not a good specimen. I don't like this zombie specimen, I like live specimens, real specimens... hmm... specimens..." Hojo saw two figures reflected on the glass and turned around. "I don't like this specimen; it's not a very good specimen, it is a very dead and useless specimen."

Yoshizumi was upset, no one appreciated his work. "Then stop poking at it and go to the other side of the convention center where the live specimens are!"

"I prefer live specimens as well, but the point that I was trying to make is that neither my bunny nor I, are responsible for scaring away the fan girls. It was because of Hojo's creepy presence that they left." Nii explained while making his bunny plushie nod.

Hojo glared at Nii. "Ridiculous, if they left it's because they didn't appreciate real science."

"Who invited him?" Yoshizumi accused Nii with his eyes.

Nii shook his head simultaneously with his bunny that mimicked the movement guided by Nii's hands. "It wasn't us."

"No one invited me, I invited myself." Hojo revealed the answer to their current mystery and received deadly glares from both Yoshizumi and Nii.

"Get out!" The two better looking mad scientists yelled at once.

"Hmp!" Hojo ignored them and continued poking at the glass tank containing the zombie. "These dead specimens. Have you tried breading them? Will more dead specimens come if-"

"Ridiculous!" Nii spoke. "You cannot get life out of death. A revival, a true revival is he only way! Not a walking corpse, but a live monster. That is true power."

"The Corpse Release Spell is the true secret. A true monster beyond life and death, a zombie, a golem! Life is made not bred. Useless, your methods are useless, maybe worse than Nii's!" Yoshizumi, gory as he was, had his limits. Tearing a corpse apart and using the pieces to make zombies and golems was one thing, but breading zombies? Insanity!

"Who ever heard of a child of death? A child from a zombie who gave birth? Zombies cannot give birth; it is illogical to think so." Nii voiced.

Yoshizumi nodded. "For once, I concur."

Somewhere far a way, Shito Tachibana sneezed for no reason.

"Out!" Nii pointed towards the large double doors leading out of the convention center. "Out!" He repeated making his bunny mirror the action.

"Agreed, you must leave!" Yoshizumi also pointed out.

Hojo glared and looked offended. "Specimens is what science is all about. My specimens are better than yours!" With those final words, he left the convention center, grumbling and muttering about specimens.

"Do you think they'll come back? The fan girls I mean. Will they return now that Hojo is gone?" Yoshizumi asked.

"Possibly," Nii replied. "However, I still have more fan girls than you."

Yoshizumi glared. "Do not!"

"Do too!" Nii insisted. "Nii has more fan girls!" The bunny plushie agreed, voiced by Nii.

Yoshizumi stuck out his tongue, Nii always managed to annoy him. He stomped away and looked around the exhibitions in the convention center, convinced that his had to be the best.

Nii also walked around the convention center. His exhibition was the best beyond a doubt. The others didn't come close; he was sure of it and his bunny plushie agreed.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

Fantasy 17: Fashion Problems (Dissidia)

Sephiroth was getting annoyed. He wanted to be a part of the action as much as anyone else, but was tired of having the other villains complain about his clothes. As if they should talk, maybe their definition of evil was to dress terribly, going overboard with armor and colors or wearing only a few shreds of fabric.

Sephiroth wasn't sure if this sacrifice was worth it just to gain some peace and quiet. He was debating on if he should just eliminate Chaos' minions himself to spare the world of their horrid outfits, but decided that he didn't care about the world enough to do such a heroic deed. In the end he decided to stay in the villains' side of the battle field, even if he showed little interest in the others' schemes.

Sephiroth's choice came with sacrifices, the most painful one being to actually put up with wearing his modified outfit. The other sacrifice was merely monetary, fabric, beads and the services of a tailor required gil after all. Yuna, she had said her name was, Sephiroth met her at the store and she offered to help.

Sephiroth found that the modifications made to his clothes were just enough to make the other villains shut up about his outfit. If Cloud dared to laugh, Sephiroth would kill him, this time for sure, so he better keep up the emo act.

Time passed and events unfolded, until later, fed up with the silly outfit, Sephiroth threw off the bead bling and modified coat, resolving to wear only his pants and shoes. Since showing skin was just as generally accepted as an overload of armor or a mess of colors, no one bothered Sephiroth about his new choice of attire. Perhaps he should have done this from the start instead of sacrificing his coat.

xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox xox xoxox

18


End of Universe II

Disclaimer, I don't own Oreo, Final Fantasy VII, Fullmetal Alchemist, Zombie Loan, Kingdom Hearts, Saiyuki Reload, Dissidia.

Fantasy 12 "Zombie Delivery Service", is a companion story to "Cookie Zombies", the ABC poem I wrotte for Snow's challenge at Plot Whole. About Fantasy 14, Reno and Axel meet and Axel knows right away Reno is his "somebody," but Reno doesn't know anything about Axel. When Axel tells him he's nobody, Reno says that he's somebody. Since his somebody said so, Axel believes it and doesn't feel so much like a nobody anymore.