Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Never Say Never ❯ Catch Up on Everyone ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Plot bunnies have been nagging at me again. I really should learn to finish what I start before beginning something new.

Major Spoiler Warning!!!!! Don’t read if you never reached the perfect ending of FFX-2 and don’t want to know what happened.

Disclaimer: I don’t know Final Fantasy X or X-2.

Summary: It’s been five years since Yuna, Rikku and Paine defeated Vegnagun and saved Spira once again. But Spira is a land of trouble. The Farplane has ruptured, allowing those who are dead to live again. Including Seymour, who has plans for Spira, much bigger than Sin. Can Yuna save the day again or has Spira counted on her for too much already?

Prologue: Catch-Up on Everyone

Five years have passed since Vegnagun was defeated and Tidus returned to Spira. Many things have changed, but then again, some things haven’t.

Yuna and Tidus have been married for four years and have a two year old daughter named Sundari. Yuna gave up sphere hunting when she got pregnant and has been a full time mother since. Tidus had followed Yuna in sphere hunting but became a permanent Besaid Auroch since Sundari was born. Sundari has Tidus’ blonde hair but Yuna’s mismatched eyes. She looks more like Yuna but acts more like Tidus.

Lulu and Wakka are still married and Vidina is now five years old. Believe it or not, Lulu owns a little shop on Besaid where she makes stuffed dolls that are also traveling packs. Her most popular ones are Moombas. Wakka helps out when he’s not with the Aurochs. He’s not on the team anymore but he still likes to act like it. Vidina turned out to look more like Chappu than Wakka or Lulu. He has Lulu’s smarts and Wakka’s personality.

Rikku finally admitted to having a fling with Gippal a long time ago. They’ve been dating for a year now. Gippal still runs the Machine Faction. They repair damaged machina for public use. Rikku helps him out and they’re currently at Rin’s travel agency on Mi’hen Highroad.

Paine got bored with life on Besaid so she joined Baralai in repairing the holes in the Chamber of Faith of the temples. It’s been a hard job for the two of them but they’ve got most of them fixed and cut off from the Farplane. They’re on their last temple, Bevelle.

Kimarhi has been working hard as an Elder Ronso and he’s been pretty successful. Kimarhi was able to quell most of the rage the Ronso had been holding against the Guado. With constant meetings with Tromell, peace talks between Ronso and Guado have been going on and hopefully, someday there will be peace between the two races again. Kimarhi was also named Sundari’s godfather and thoroughly spoils her at every visit. Never thought he’d be the type, huh?

Nooj is still seeking his death. He’ll never change from that. Lucil is around to make sure he is never successful. Leblanc wasn’t able to keep up with Nooj and quickly lost her lust for him. He didn’t really care.

Brother, Buddy and Shinra joined the Machine Faction with Rikku. They really didn’t have anything to do when Yuna quit sphere hunting. Shinra still goes to sphere breaking competitions and is still the reigning champion.

This is the life everyone has gotten used to living. They don’t know that their lives are about to take a drastic change. A very familiar drastic change.

End Prologue

Now that everything’s been caught up, it’s time to start the story. I’m not really expecting many reviews considering this is just letting everyone know where things stand. Until next time!