Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Not the Place for Us ❯ Not the place for Us ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Not the place for Us

When Yuna, Rikku, and I were fighting the aeons and Vegnagun, all I could think was that we needed to live through the fight. Because I really didn't feel like visiting the Farplane to say good-bye to Yuna or even Rikku. I hated to admit it but I had grown close to them just like with Gippal, Nooj, and Baralai. And if all of them had died down there, I don't think I could bear it.

Over the years, I had grown used to being alone. But when I was paired with Nooj, Baralai, and Gippal, they were the first to make me realize that life isn't all that bad. And being with Yuna and Rikku reminded me of that. So, of course they got me to open up too. I felt safe with them. All my walls could be let down once again. I stared out at the lake outside the Mi'Hen Highroad Travel Agency's front once more and stood up. Walking into the Travel Agency, I noticed that Yuna and Rikku were talking in hushed whispers in a corner. "Are you two ready to go yet?" I asked.

Instead of answering, Rikku asked, "How did you end up being a recorder for Gippal, Nooj, and Baralai?" I stared at her for a second and then replied with, "That's 45 points, Rikku. You wanna try your luck too, Yuna?" When I looked at her, she had this faraway knowing look on her face. "Whenever you feel ready to talk, you have an ear." She said, bowing. Then she began to walk away, calling over her shoulder, "Come on Rikku. We need to get ready to leave." Rikku stared at me a few seconds more then ran after her cousin.

I gave off a small smile after I was sure they were far enough away. "Thanks Yuna, it means a lot to me." I whispered to myself. Then I walked to the fron of the Travel Agency to get ready to leave too.

Game: FFX-2

Date: 1-14-04

P.O.V.:Paine