Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ One Heck of an Adventure ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Final Fantasy 7-10

I'm sorry that I kept you in delay for this chapter and I bet you're all getting annoyed so without further adieu, here you go. Sorry for the delay, my computer was on the frizz so it wouldn't let me type anything.

I slowly opened my eyes. The sun blinded me and I could feel the soft grass underneath me. I felt weak and my body felt heavy. I lay there on the ground, unsure of where I was. What just happened? Thinking back on everything, it was such a blur. Was I home and everything a dream? I tried to say something but I reflex on the silence and said nothing. I could wait. The dead girl, blood, tears, it meant something, but my thoughts wouldn't connect. Nothing could connect, either I didn't want them to or they just wouldn't. I didn't know who I was for a moment.

A face appeared in front of mine. I couldn't see it clearly because of the sun only cast a silhouette. I could tell the face was wearing a hat.

"How are ya feeling?" The face asked, in a strong southern accent. I tried to make words connect but I couldn't, I couldn't do anything. I just felt helpless. "Are you dumb or somethin'?"

"No," I slowly answered, "Just speechless."

"Yeah, I have that effect on people."

"It's not you." I muttered, feeling far away from the world. I felt dizzy and tired. Although I just woke up, I wanted to fall asleep again.

"Here, you better get something to drink." The man slowly helped me to sit up. The sun was out of my eyes and I could see clearly again. There was a small girl sitting away. Her hands were folded in her lap. She was wearing a bright blond summer dress. She had huge, deer in headlights big. There was a friendly brown shade that matched her brown hair on top of her dainty head. It was at her shoulders and the tips of the hair were curled up, giving her a cute, young look, although she only had to be in her teens. She had a clean completion and a small body. She was sitting on clean grass. There were rolling fields of grass as far as I could see. The man that was holding me up was older than the girl. He was wearing a pitch black cowboy hat that barely covered his eyes. He was wearing a tan trench coat that covered his body. His long bangs stuck out from under his hat and landed on his cheeks below his eyes. He lifted his hat out of the way and I saw a glimpse of his beautiful deep, sea blue eyes. He winked at me.

"I think her fever is getting worse." The girl in the grass said.

"Well, what should we do?" He asked.

"Fever?" I mumbled, only barely grasping the meaning.

"Don't worry; you're going to be fine."

"I'm not worrying." I remarked.

"Bring her into the shade." The girl ordered.

"What shade?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I muttered but they didn't hear me. That was a lie. I felt sick and weak. I wanted to sleep but curiosity kept me awake.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Irvine and this is Selphie." The man introduced.

"And what would be your name?" Selphie asked.

"Emily."

"Well Emily, we need to get you to a safe place where you can rest. Can you walk?" Irvine asked. I stood up and felt woozy and sick. I fell back in the grass.

"That's okay." Irvine lifted me up and carried me. We walked on; I barely talked but enjoyed listening to Selphie and Irvine's conversation.

I was knocked out of Irvine's arms and landed on the ground, hard. Irvine was knocked to the ground as well. I glanced around and before I could react, an arm swung me around and lifted me up in the air. It was Seifer. I screamed and kicked but his grip on me was tight.

"You're a hard girl to find."

"Put her down!" Selphie demanded. She was clutching a pair of nun chucks. Seifer tuned and faced her. She looked shocked.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm taking her to town so she could be healed." Seifer lied.

"Then why did you knock Irvine out?"

"Because I felt like it." Seifer remarked.

"You didn't hafta ya know." She remarked. "Can I come with?"

"What about Irvine, just stay with him and I'll bring little missy here back."

"You promise?" She asked.

"I promise." He started to walk of with me swaying back and forth off his shoulder.

"Don't trust him!" I shouted, trying to escape his grasp.

"Don't worry; he'll take care of you, promise." Selphie assured me, waving good-bye.

"Don't worry my dear; I'll take real good care of you." Seifer gave a devilish grin to me and threw me in front of the motorcycle. I tried to escape but his arm blocked my exits. He wrapped a smelly handkerchief around my eyes and I felt the motorcycle move in motion.

I felt curves and turns but I couldn't keep track of the turns. I got dizzy after a while. Eventually, the motor cut off and we came to a stop. I placed my hands to take off the blindfold but Seifer grabbed my hands and tied it tightly behind my back. I felt myself being forced into a cool area. I was thrown to the floor.

"That's no way to treat a guest." I heard Seymour's voice said. I felt myself carried to a chair and tied to the chair as well. The blindfold was removed and I was faced in a dark room surrounded by Seifer, Seymour, Kuja, and Sephiroth all watching me.

"We finally got the girl." Kuja sighed.

"Now what?" Seifer asked.

"We get what we want." Seymour answered. He drew out a small dagger. He edged towards me.

"Wait, maybe we should kill her first, she might scream and make a lot of noise." Kuja pointed out.

"Good point." Sephiroth drew his blade.

"Let's make it quick so I won't have to hear her scream." Kuja remarked. Sephiroth drew back his blade and was about to kill me in one clean cut. The sound of a whip cracking broke the silence. A foot smacked Sephiroth across the cheek, knocking him off balance. A figure loosened my ropes and released me from my chair.

"Come on." A woman grabbed my hand and led me through the darkness. I was unsure of where she was taking me or whether I should trust her but it seems like I have no choice. I couldn't even see where I was going. It was like I was blind. I just had to trust the person guiding me. We burst into the dim evening. A young woman with her strawberry blond hair up in a tight bun dragged me along. Thin glasses took up half of her face. She wore a long tight orange skirt and a vest that matched her skirt.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Can't you run away faster?" She demanded. I picked up my pace. I ran as fast as I could to keep up with the woman but she was running so fast. She stopped in front of a small car coverable. She ordered me to get in the back and I had no choice but to obey. She hopped in the driver's seat and pulled into drive. She floored it and I flew into the seat. She turned sharply and I fell to the floor. I sat up and then she slammed on the breaks, sending me into the back of the seat. My nose started to bleed.

"Ow, my nose." I cried.

"Here he comes." The girl remarked. A young teenage boy was running towards the car, chased by Seifer. He leaped into the front seat next to the girl. She floored it again and I was sent into the seat.

"Thanks Quistis, you saved my ass back there." The boy panted. So the girl was Quistis, I remember her from Final Fantasy 8 but how did I get there? I was in the world of Final Fantasy 7 before. This doesn't make any sense.

"Who are you?" I asked the boy. He turned to face me. I didn't get a good look at him before so I finally had a clear picture of him. The boy was wearing a vest as well and baggy shorts. He had platinum blond hair that stuck up and designs on his face.

"Zell, who are you?"

"Emily. Uh, where are we?" I asked. "And why did you rescue me?"

"Because Seifer was going to kill you which is never good." Quistis explained.

"I guess that makes sense." I muttered. I still didn't feel too good. Quistis slowed down and I was able to relax. I decided to sleep but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. I slowly drifted off to sleep.

I awoke in a comfortable bed. My head was no longer pounding with a heavy fever. I sat up feeling so much better. A doctor was nearby. He turned and faced me.

"It seems that you're doing much better. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"A lot better." I remarked.

"You're well enough to walk around and leave if you like." He remarked. I got up slowly and left the hard hospital bed. I stumbled out of the room and into a clean area. It looked nothing like a hospital. Where was I and Quistis along with Zell? In fact, where are Squall and the others? Were they still back in the world of Final Fantasy VII or did Sephiroth took care of them? Were they here in this world? I glanced around but all I found was young kids wearing the same outfit I was. I was wearing a blue skirt and a blue vest with a crest to the side. Golden strips lined the outfit.

"Sorry but your other clothes looked too messy to wear and that's all I could find." I glanced up and Zell was right there.

"I didn't get a chance to thank you."

"No problem. I always look for opportunities to kick some butt." Zell explained.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"In Galbadia Garden." I glanced around.

"This doesn't look like a garden." I pointed out.

"A Garden is a place where we train SeeDs." He explained.

"What are seeds?"

"SeeDs take jobs from people who need help for money."

"So a mercenary?"

"I wouldn't say that but yeah." Zell explained. Something pricked at my brain, something important. I just couldn't remember what. It was special and needed to be done but I couldn't remember. I ignored it for now. Whatever it was, I couldn't remember at this point. I'll remember eventually.

"Zell, I'm looking for someone or a lot of people."

"Who is that?"

"Cloud, Vivi, Zidane, Titus, Squall, Auron-"

"Wait, did you say Squall?" Zell interrupted. I nodded. "I know Squall but I haven't seen him around lately. He's probably back at Balamb Garden."

"Really! Can you take me there, it's important that I see Squall." I said, jumping up and down.

"Of course, calm down. I'll take you there, in the morning. It's too late to travel now."

"Thank you so much!" I gave him a huge hug.

"Okay, you can stop that." He remarked.

So I stayed the night there. It was nice to sleep in a comfortable bed for once without being knocked out or passing out first. I wonder what would happen to me but it was nice to get some food and a nice bed. I easily slipped into slumber.