Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Paint The Town ❯ Sex and Candy ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Final Fantasy VII is the property of Square-Enix. No profit is sought from this work.
 
Paint The Town
Sex and Candy
 
“See, I didn't eat all the chocolates!” Zack held the box out for Sephiroth to see. The General frowned down at the tray. Zack was telling the truth. He hadn't eaten them all but there were an awful lot of empty paper cups in there. Sephiroth fought a sigh but his expression was mournful, for him.
 
Zack's grin grew sheepish. “Don't worry, there's plenty more than this.” He set the box down on the desk and drew out a long wrapped cylinder. “Here, try that.” Sephiroth took the tube and rolled it around in his hand, searching for the tape. He picked at it with a fingernail as Zack removed more wrapped items from his bag.
 
“There's this and this!” Zack declared, pulling out two lumpy, irregular shapes, the larger with a big gold ribbon attached. He looked up to find Sephiroth struggling with the gift wrapping. “Aw, Sir, not like that. You're supposed to rip it off.”
 
Sephiroth graced him with a level stare. “What for?”
 
“It's part of the fun.” Zack gesticulated wildly.
 
Sephiroth looked down at the tube in his hand. It was some kind of can, that much he figured, and picking at the tape was tedious. Still, he didn't want to make a mess. “I have more fun doing it this way,” he said and flexed his fingers over one end, slipping the very tips of his fingernails into the gap left around the rim of the lid. He twisted carefully, slicing the paper clean through so he could slip it off.
 
Zack blinked. “Wow, how much did that manicure cost you?” Sephiroth barely glanced at him, too busy examining the tin. “Yeah, chocolate-covered cookies. I hope you like them.”
 
Sephiroth turned the can one way, then another. It wasn't one of the fancier gourmet brands he had occasionally been offered when visiting officials and executives. No Costa del Solian dark chocolate chips, no East Kalm cocoa nibs, no Mideelian chili pepper dusting the tops, just plain double chocolate fudge cookies smothered in what would hopefully be a generous serving of smooth milk chocolate. It was something that could be obtained just about anywhere with ease, perfect for practical everyday dessert purposes. And the can had a pleasant weight to it, just right for smacking a hard head. Sephiroth did spare Zack a glance then, but decided to play nice. The boy had just brought him a nice present, after all.
 
He popped the lid off the can and was hit with the aroma of chocolate. He pretended to take a deep look inside the can to keep his face turned away, just in case he looked a little too satisfied. He could feel Zack's grin on him. “Go on,” the young SOLDIER said. “Have one.”
 
Sephiroth reached in and pried the top cookie loose. The chocolate had melted somewhat during the hazardous trip to the office, then cooled again, making the contents one conjoined mass. The cookies probably formed one sweet, sweet, solid bar of fudgey goodness. Sephiroth sank his teeth into his prize and tried not to shiver. His eyes fluttered closed as his tongue registered that unique flavor and the promise of high caloric value ignited his blood.
 
Zack watched from the floor, his eyes going wide. The General was ecstatic. Not leaping through the roof ecstatic, he reserved that for combat situations, but there was something about the look on the man's face, something unspeakably secret and rare and private. Sephiroth's breathing rate had increased a little and when Zack really concentrated on listening, the man's heartbeat seemed a bit fluttery. Little moans escaped as Sephiroth chewed and the look on his face was just dreamy. Zack may have been seeing things but it seemed that there was even the beginnings of a rosy flush on the man's cheeks.
 
Sephiroth finished the last bite and licked his fingers clean, drawing the very tip of each digit into his mouth for a quick swirl of the tongue to get the very last of the flavor. Zack swallowed when Sephiroth did, and forgot to breathe afterwards.
 
Sephiroth sighed, utterly content. His eyes opened slowly and he tilted the can to look inside it. “How many more of these are there?”
 
Zack blinked. “Uh, I dunno, twenty, maybe?” He scratched the back of his head furiously and looked away. His face felt hot, his breathing sounded way too loud and he was trying very hard not to think about the possibility that perhaps he'd grabbed shorts that were a little too snug that morning.
 
“Uh, here.” He shoved the last two packages at Sephiroth. “These are yours too.”
 
Sephiroth took them gracefully, moving with a languid grace after the calming experience of the chocolate. He could tell from the scent that these weren't chocolate, but the can was practically new, still very full, and he was already making a personal note to screw Hojo's recommended dietary allowances straight to Hades.
 
The first was a bag of colored, translucent soft candies. He held the bag up to the light. He'd seen these before. Small children seemed fond of them. He turned to Zack, who was huddled up on the floor, hugging his knees, looking slightly pink. “Those are gummi 'bocos,” Zack explained. “Chewy fruit candy.”
 
“Never had them. Are they good?” Sephiroth was definitely calmer now. He patted the sack gently, experimenting with the amount of bounce and give of what was inside.
 
Zack felt his mouth go dry. “Yeah,” he squeaked out. “They're pretty good.” Sephiroth had large hands, he noted, but graceful ones, and that touch looked surprisingly light.
 
Sephiroth turned to the final item, reaching in to draw out a ball of bright yellow plush. That was definitely not chocolate. It wasn't even food. The frown was back. “What is this?”
 
“It's a chocobo,” Zack said, nodding too quickly. “You can cuddle it at night or just decorate the place with it.”
 
“I do not cuddle,” Sephiroth said flatly. His eyes weren't promising blizzards but the room did seem to get a little cooler, snapping Zack back to reality.
 
“Yeah, I didn't figure you would, but at least you have something to remember me by.” He bounced up to his feet, grinning again.
 
“What would I need that for, Fair? You never leave long enough for me to forget you.” Sephiroth reached for the cookie tin again and began prying another one out. Zack's grin grew rigid.
 
“Uh, Sephiroth, may I pretty please use your bathroom?”
 
“What's wrong with the one down the hall?” Sephiroth worked his long fingers into the small gap inside the tin, searching for the right spot to exert the perfect pressure.
 
“It's gross in there!” Zack wailed, looking anywhere but at the General's oddly sensitive treatment of a chocolate cookie tin. “Besides, you execs get the good toilet paper.”
 
“Fine,” Sephiroth said, tilting his head for a better view into the can. “But if you splash, clean it up.”
 
Zack bit back a rejoinder about his aiming skills and rushed off to the side door. He latched it firmly behind him and flipped the toilet lid to sit down, content to give the General a moment alone with his cookie tin.
 
o.o.o.o.o.o.o
 
Time: 1 hr 16 mins
Music: Marcy Playground - Sex and Candy
A.N: That was not the direction I meant this to go, but I'd been reading a gourmet chocolate site recently, including one page about 'How to eat truffles', how to savor every moment and let the entire experience play across all senses. The result of this late-night surfing is apparently Zack locked in the bathroom, all blushing and confused. ;p