Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Project: Dark Seed ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I own Rico and Modo. ^_^ .... and also captain Jack. -_-" Ok,.... that´s not so great. -_-"" Once more I don´t own FF 8 *is only afraid of the hammer.* O_O"

Author´s note: Ready for the final round? OK. ^_^ Here is the epilogue of the story.

Warning: Warning? No. If you didn´t freak out in the last chapter, then there is no need to put a warning in here. ^_^

Epilogue

by Little Leila

The three Dark Seeds were sitting in Modo´s room, *The Lab* like Rico and Zell called it sarcastically. Modo repaired, invented and studied all things in his room, so it had more of a laboratory, than a dorm room, which he shared with nobody yet. Zell had to take the Seed test in two months and he wasn´t really happy about it.

"Explain this to me once more, Rico. Why do I have to take the Seed test?"

"Because Zell, ...we are not in the same class anymore and because your class makes the Seed test. Is this explanation enough?"

"Is that all?"

"This and the fact, that you´ll be an official Seed."

"Look at it from the bright side, bro. At least one of us will be a Seed."

"Thanks Modo, but don´t be so sure. There are still two months left for the test and nobody said I could pass easily."

Rico stood up from his seat and wandered through Modo´s room, before he stopped in front of the door.

"You have a point Zell. We should wait with the celebration until you really passed the test. Well guys, I have to go to my room, but I´ll see you later at lunch-time."

Rico left the room, while Modo and Zell stood behind. Zell went over to Modo´s desk, looking through the new blueprints, which lay open for everyone to see. His eyes caught something interesting.

"Hey Modo, what´s this." Zell asked, pointing to one blueprint.

"Huh? Wait, let me see. ....Oh, that! That´s a blueprint for a new Turbobooster. I planned to modify the bikes with it, there are some bugs in it, though."

"And where is the problem?"

"Well actually, you could use it like it is. The problem is, that you can use it for maybe ....five minutes."

"And then???"

Modo shrugged.

"Boom. ....The Turbobooster would explode, taking you and everything within five hundred yards with it."

"Oh, ...I see." Zell sweatdropped slightly.

Zell looked at his watch, seeing it was almost lunch-time.

"Listen Modo, I´ll go to my room, drop my books there and we´ll meet in the cafeteria for lunch, ok?"

"Uh huh."

"Ok, see you."

Before Zell could open the door Modo stopped him.

"Hey, buddy."

"Huh, what is it, Modo?"

"Don´t think too much about the stupid test, ok? If you survived five years with capt´n Jack, then you´ll pass the Seed test with closed eyes and a hand behind your back. But don´t look too smart. Try to pretend! You don´t want to blow up our cover, do you?"

"Of course not! Thanks Modo, I´ll think of it."

With that, Zell left the room and jogged towards his own room. Inside his room, he thought of his homework while dropping his books on his desk.

~Let´s see. Reading page 24-26 in history 'til Thursday, writing the essay until next week and NR. 4-6 in math's. ....Are they kidding me? That´s almost too easy. I´ll do that later, time to go now or I´ll miss lunch.~

Zell looked a last time on his watch, before he went out of his room to go to the cafeteria.

~~~

Meanwhile Seifer Almasy, Head of the Disciplinary Committee, was already waiting in front of the cafeteria for someone. Everyone who knew the tall blond, thought he´d wait of his two friends. They didn´t know him enough to guess for whom he was waiting.

His prey finally approached the cafeteria. He waited 'til his prey almost passed him, hoping his presence would be enough to draw attention. It wasn´t! Zell passed him, not even seeing that he leaned against the wall.

~If I wouldn´t say one thing, ...Zell wouldn´t even notice that I exist.~ The tall blond thought bitterly.

"Hey chickenwuss, where do you think you´re going?"

Seifer pushed himself from the wall and walked to Zell, who turned around to him.

"What did you call me, Almasy???"

~At least he knows my name. And now, ...provoking him some more.~

"I asked where do you think you´re going. I know for sure that a chicken isn´t allowed in the cafeteria. Or maybe you want attempt suicide and take a place on the menu card?"

That was enough for Zell. His temper flared and he looked at Seifer with a glare, he didn´t use on anybody else. A glare which was full of anger and hatred.

"You can be glad to be the head of the DC, Seifer or I would kick you into next week." Zell threatened and glared some more.

That was it, the glare which he awaited with longing. If looks could kill, then Seifer would have died a thousand times, ...gladly. He stepped closer to Zell, daring the wild animal with the predatory look to attack. These eyes were unique, were special and untamable.

"I don´t think, I should be afraid of you."

Seifer heart was pounding hard against his chest. Adrenaline was running through his veins. He felt really like facing a dangerous creature instead of his little crush and yet, ...he enjoyed every second of it.

But everything has to come to an end. Only two steps were between him and Zell, when a voice out of the hallway, of the cafeteria, interfered.

"Looking for something Almasy?" Rico spoke in a calm voice, like he´d asked about the weather.

"Trouble, maybe?" Modo joined in, behind Seifer.

Rico was already in the cafeteria, wondering where his friends were. For Modo it was normal when he was late, but not Zell. He knew that his little bro never missed lunch except two things got in his way. First was Captain Jack and second was Seifer Almasy. The young man pushed his sunglasses back and was on his way out of the cafeteria, when he heard Zell´s and also Seifer´s voice. The best decision was, to part those two, before anything serious could happen, so he interfered by making his presence known. He didn´t thought, Modo would be there to help, but it certainly was a good coincidence.

To bad nobody could get detention for snide remarks or interfering, much to Seifer´s dismay. He couldn´t do anything and he knew it. The, now all too familiar, feeling of jealousy centered in his pit. It made Seifer sick, to see the two so close to Zell and this every day.

Not challenging his luck, he left with a snort and left the three to themselves.

"...What was that about?" Modo started.

Zell shrugged while calming down.

"Dunno. Forget it Modo, he is just a jerk."

"It could be my imagination, but there must be a reason why he acts like this." Rico assumed.

"Maybe you´re right, but I don´t think I want to know what his reasons are."

Modo patted Zell´s back, nodding into the direction of the cafeteria.

"C´mon guys, I´m starving. We should *JI* him." Modo suggested.

Both looked confused at their tall friend.

"What do you mean with JI???" Zell asked.

"Easy! Just Ignore him."

All three of them were laughing, while walking towards the cafeteria.

~~~

"Man, I´m full."

"Modo, you shouldn´t eat ten hotdogs. Not even Zell can eat so much."

Zell stood up from his seat, stretching himself, before he turned his attention back to his friends.

"So, what do we do tonight bros??? Tomorrow is a free day, so we can sleep in. Any ideas?"

Suddenly there was the voice of their captain and instructor.

"I´ll tell you what you´re not doing tonight, MR. I-want-to-party."

All three stood up and saluted. For other students it didn´t seem odd, because they knew about captain Jack being their instructor. You had to salute to an instructor, but not many students kept the rule and many instructors didn´t mind at all.

"Well, since you three seemed to be bored, I have the right task for you. The details will be discussed at 1400 in my office. Have a nice day, ....ladies."

When the captain left the trio sat down again. They had an hour left till 1400, so they didn´t have to rush.

"Jeeez, the capt´n is in a good mood today." Modo said sarcastically.

"Guys, ....seems like this evening won´t be so boring after all."

"Right, Rico! I guess the day is saved, ...thanks to the capt´n." Zell grinned.

"Then, what are we waiting for? Let´s go." Modo exclaimed eagerly.

~~~

When they´d gathered in the captain´s office, the captain gave them the *Schedule for the evening.* It was another mission saying that the *Timber owls* are going to steal supplies out of a warehouse. What they won´t know is that there will be no supplies but weapons. Vinzer Deling had many weapons in this warehouse stored and the Dark Seed mission was to keep the members of the Timber owls safe and to destroy the warehouse, weapons included. It should look like an accident and leave no questions open for the press on the next day. That was three in one.

- Keep the Timber owls safe and out of trouble.

- Destroying the weapons and the warehouse.

- AND it should make the impression of accident, so the press won´t get suspicious. Or Vinzer Deling for that matter.

The captain gave them a map and told them about the guards and the time, when the Timber owls would begin their operation.

"Planning and execution of the mission is up on you, boys. You should leave as soon as possible and be in Timber at 2000. I hope I made myself clear. Any questions?"

Nobody said a word or made a sound.

"Ok then, ...good luck and ...dismissed".

The three saluted and turned around as one to leave the office. Captain Jack was still sitting in his chair, when his students had left, thinking about how time can fly and what became of the three little weaklings. Seven years ago, he took three kids and trained them. Five years after the training, they´d practiced their abilities in battle and in missions. And now? Now they didn´t need him to plan their mission, they could do this on their own. He´d achieved his goal. Three weak brats became the elite of Seed. Better than the rest of the members of Seed and together they were unbeatable.

~I guess, as long as one Dark Seed is fighting for the world, every enemy will have a hard time.~

~~~

//A few years later, in the middle of the second sorceress war//

Rico stood in front of the window in his dorm room, waiting for any news from his instructor. Since the attack of Trabia Garden he was missing. Captain Jack was on his way to the Garden, to order help against the sorceress. It could be that he survived the missiles. Or else, ....

He didn´t want to think about it. The captain had to be alive! How could a man, who was as skilled as Jack Willis die??? It was the last hope Rico had to cling to and so did Modo and Zell. Although Zell was on his mission against the sorceress they stayed in contact. Zell called them over his radio set, which was camouflaged as a watch. Modo´s own work.

Suddenly a knock came from the door, but Rico knew already, from the feeling of the aura, who it was.

"Come in, Modo!"

Modo went silently inside and closed the door behind him. He walked over to Rico´s desk and sat down in the chair.

"Any news from the Capt´n?" Rico asked in a indifferent voice, not wanting to show his concern.

"Negative. He´s still missing. Zell will be here soon, but he didn´t mention why. I lost contact with him. He was probably staying in the middle of an electrical field."

A few minutes of silence and worry passed, then Modo stood up to leave the room and wait for any news. Rico held him back by asking a simple question.

"Modo? ....Do you have any idea, why we are, ....what we are?"

The tall violet-eyed boy could hear the knowledge of literature out of his friend´s question. He thought hard about it and it was really a good question, but he had no idea himself. Yet he wanted to answer him. The only argument he could thought of was his personal point of view and he tried to make this understandable for Rico.

"I think everyone of us has a different impression of the words and the meaning of *Dark Seed*. I think a Dark Seed is something like an invisible creature. We do mission, sometimes we help people, we also destroy and kill and this only if we don´t have a choice, but we´re invisible the whole time. I wanted to be strong, to be there for others. And even, if they don´t know that it was me, who did it, ....I could help. That´s all I have to know. I really don´t want to know the truth about us. Why we were trained to be what we are. Why we have to stay in the background or why we´re better than the rest of the Seeds. Because maybe, it is the opposite of what I wanted."

Rico nodded at the explanation of his tall friend. His words were true, but Rico always wanted to know the answer to his question. Still continuing to look out of the window he gave a heavy sigh of sorrow. Only the captain could give him the answer.

~And what if Modo´s right??? What if we´re really meant to be something else? To kill and destroy without a sense behind this. ....Like Seifer does now???~

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a scream of a young girl and a voice followed by the roar of a monster.

The only words he could make out were: *Master and Cid*. What does that mean??? Modo was in action even before Rico could react and dashed out of the room. The young brunette took his lightning formed daggers and stormed out, right behind Modo.

He didn´t know that his question will always be an unanswered question. Because in Trabia, there was a tombstone only with the words: *In memory to an unknown soldier, who was brave enough to save most of the students of our Garden.*

~~~

Finally finished. And who liked it? Who hated it?

Review and tell me, please??? ^_~