Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Puppet Theory ❯ The gift ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This is the last chapter that I have fully written down on paper, I still have the plot in my head and on paper but its hard writing the story down, I don't know if its any good I don't know if you the reader likes it? Heck I don't know if you read this at all. So lease, please! Review, even for flames!

~~~*~~~

Puppet Theory.

Chapter 3: The gift.

Seymour's eyes grew wide with a gasp as he heard this. "Spira! What do yo..." Hadiya turned back to him and put to finger on his mouth silencing him. "I will tell you in the morning but now you must sleep." Seymour tried to push out more words as his eyes started to roll back and close as he felt the spell take hold. He tried to fight it but soon lay heavily on the bed asleep. Hadiya looked down at him sadly while pulling the blankets up around him. She soon stood up and started to leave taking the candle with her.

~ "You going to have to tell him. You can't prolong it" ~

"I know, but he's been though so much."

~ "I know child, but the others are giving him this chance they can't wait any longer. Besides it's getting boring here." ~

Hadiya smiled at her guardian's last comment as she walked out the door.

He didn't want to wake up the bed was so comfy but the sun in Seymour's eyes finally made him open them. Looking up at the ceiling for a moment he forgot what happened, but then he remembered. As Seymour looked out of the window watching the clouds pass by Spira. With a yawn he looked around the room.

The bed was in the middle of the normal sized room, its head board against the wall with the night table on his right where the windows are, on the left is where Hadiya came from, strait ahead was another door that seemed to lead to the bathroom. There was a chair by his bed on it there was a change of clothes.

Nodding Seymour turned slowly and planted his feet on the cool floor waking him up a notch more. Using the headboard and the table he slowly stood him self-up, looking down his legs seeing that they were fine he was grateful that Hadiya had keep his boxers on. He couldn't face her if she did. Walking over to the clothes he put on the black pants then the plum T-shirt. With another yawn he decided to splash some water on his face. Looking up in to the mirror Seymour was puzzled something had changed. His hair! It was short! His tails were gone what was left fell three inches past his shoulders, and he had bangs that framed both sides of his face. They still have some of the Guado curling them. Shocked by this Seymour looked around and found a hair tie. As he tried his hair back he walked out of the room down the stairs to the kitchen.

He was assaulted by the sent of cinnamon and vanilla. Seymour breathed it all in his mouth watered and his stomach rumbled in hunger. He found Hadiya facing the stove. She had pulled up silver hair in a tail. She wore yellow short sleeved peasant blouse and kaki shorts showing off her slim legs. Seymour thoughts wandered away. Before it got any farther he got his mind out of the gutter. He cleared his throat his cheeks tinted pink.

Turning around Hadiya smiles brightly at him one hand on the handle of a pan and the other holding a spatula. "I hope you don't mind having French toast." She waved him over to the table and placed to plates of food on the settings. "I don't mind" she smiled at Seymour's comment and sat down with him. Unsure how to eat it Seymour followed how Hadiya topped her toast. Cutting off a small piece he popped it in to his mouth. After chewing on it his eyes opened wide and he began to have some more. "This is really good!" giggling Hadiya smiled and started to eat hers.

After the meal Hadiya had moved them in to the living room and now faced Seymour on the sofa in front of him. "What's the last thing you remember? She asked him as she folded her legs under her. Seymour let out a laugh full of disdain and sneered at himself. And at the flash backs of Yu-Yevon and all the things Seymour did in his name. "Aye I remember, like I can forget that." He rested his elbows on his knees clenching his hands in to fists. "I remember much. After becoming the High Priest at the local temple this strange short man told me about some missing scrolls in the Great Library about the birth of Sin. There I went and found them. They changed my life forever." Seymour exclaimed crossly looking down at his clenched fists, his sharp nails dug in to his palms drawing blood and slowly dropping on to the hard wood floor.

Hadiya stood up and moved over to him. Siting down next to Seymour she pulled his hands over to her lap and opened his fists, sighing she took the edge of her blouse to dab the blood away. Seymour watched silently as she tended to his hands. He gazed at her face from under the curtain of his bangs, as she focused on his hands. Hadiya's emerald eyes glowed with an unnamed emotion, Seymour dared not hope it was more then pity.

"There is a way." Hadiya's soft voice stirred Seymour out of his trance, nearly catching hold of what she said. "What do you mean?" he asked holding her hands making her look up at him, lush emerald eyes glowing with anger and some kind of sadness. "If there was a way for you to some how change the fate that led you here would you take it? Even if it means facing the people that were wronged?" Hadiya whispered out that last, looking down at the hands that held hers, as Seymour's dark sapphire eyes looked some where in his mind. "YES." That single word sparked something in him that made a feeling in his body that he hasn't felt in a long time, Hope. The really fist full of hope that he his soul burn though out him. Jumping up Seymour pulled Hadiya in a fierce hug. After some time He remembered how he was holding her and put her feet back on the floor. Trying to look at her Seymour hid his face in his bangs hoping that his rosy cheeks stay hidden.