Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Rage of the Wolf-Lord ❯ Birth ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Rage of the Wolf-Lord
Author:
Fandom: FFVII AU
Verse: wolfverse
Pairing: a surprise for later
Rating: PG for now
 
 
Prologue
 
It was the middle of winter, snowstorms hitting left and right, and the threat of Nifl wolves attacking town was highest. The mountains behind the little town were dark and jagged, ominous when the clouds decided to part for the briefest of moments.
 
On the outskirts of town, just inside the forest, was a little dwelling, a one room building that was really only fit for storage. In this dwelling, a short blonde woman loved with her husband. A very pregnant blonde, and her very tall blond husband.
 
The townspeople didn't really like this little family, but would rather ignore them than invite the wrath of Hel and the Nifl mountains by turning them out. They were a superstitious town, and since they were the only true blondes for miles, they recognized the family for their pure blood.
 
The little blonde woman knew why the skies were so violent tonight. Her little boy would be birthed this night. It would finally be time for her great-nephew to be kicked out of his place of power, and fix the planet.
 
Turning to look at her husband, she smiled. “It's time, Bolthorn. He'll be here soon.”
 
Bolthorn smiled in return. “The skies rejoice and mountains tremble, Skadi. This world is ready for him.” His eyes dimmed a bit. “But this village will surely curse his existence. They will think him an ill omen because of the storms.”
 
Skadi just smiled. “It's only the planet howling in delight. We will understand, even if the village doesn't.”
 
Bolthorn just shook his head. “Too bad the villagers forgot the old teachings, or they would be upon us with never-ending gifts and worship.” He paused, thinking that over. “On the other hand, that may be a good thing!”
 
Skadi grinned at him, then clutched at her abdomen.
 
“He doesn't want to wait any longer,” she gasped out as her husband picked her up and carried her to their bed.
 
Not even three hours later, a little blond-haired, blue-eyed boy was born. Wailing as soon as his butt was smacked, he calmed rather swiftly. Bolthorn cleaned him quickly, and then placed him into Skadi's awaiting arms.
 
“Our beautiful little `Cloud in the storm',” she cooed at him. “You'll be our savior, even if you mightn't get to know us, or be with us for long.”
 
Laying next to his wife, Bolthorn smiled and took in his happily extended family.
 
**--**--**--**--**
 
Miles away, in Midgard, five pairs of eyes suddenly focused to the West.
 
Six-year-old Sephiroth grinned ferally, electric-green eyes slitted in anticipation, before proceeding with his training at a harsher pace.
 
Five-year-old Zack Fair's glowing purple eyes beamed jovially before making his way back into the training room to join Sephiroth.
 
Five-year-old Aeris Gainsburough had a smile on her face that was split like a beaten watermelon. She continued smiled as her verdant eyes fixed on her garden, never once letting the wards and defenses she was learning down.
 
The gray-blue eyes of a six-year-old Rufus Shinra assessed the view of the night sky from his bedroom window before turning his attention back to Dark Nation.
 
Dark gray eyes belonging to Roscoe Shinra narrowed in anger.
 
“No one will take what is mine away from me, not even family!”