Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Bedtimes ❯ A Rising ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

~~~~~

Chapter Two: A Rising

~~~~~

Even if he hadn't been a finely trained warrior, he would have heard the Al Bhed enter. She had been snuffling like a shoopuf, stomping her feet, slamming doors, and generally making a ruckus that no one would be able to ignore. He didn't need to turn around to know who she was; only the Al Bhed girl would have the audacity to run about in the middle of the night. When she called him Lulu he had stifled a groan and nearly threw her out right there. He had still held onto a hope that she'd fall asleep and he could climb out unnoticed. Of course she hadn't. And of course she had become chatty. And of course she had to ruin everything once again. Damn, but she was troublesome creature!

The worst part, the absolute worse part!, was that he enjoyed her feathery touch. Her small body had been quivering when she hopped into his bed and she had immediately curled into his warmth. Her soft breasts pushed delightfully into his back and her legs fit nicely against his own. The lose of control over his body's repsonse made him only angrier and he blamed, rightly or not, the tiny Al Bhed for the difficulties. He was not allowed to indulge in pleasure; Auron had surrendered that aspect of his humanity years ago.

"I'm sorry! So sorry! Sir Auron, if I had known that this was your room..." Rikku was bouncing up and down in the bed, her hands clenched together as she bowed her apologies. "And please don't think poorly about Lulu and Wakka... I'm sure that they're just friends!"

Auron sat up, rubbing his forehead in agitation. "I accept your apology, Rikku," he said as a dismissal.

Rikku, however, choosing to ignore the unspoken order in his voice, stayed warm and toasty in his bed. "Good!" she said, cheerful again, "I'm glad we got that out of the way! 'Night!"

He faced her, his expression one of surprise and great annoyance. He tried again, his voice firm, "Good night. Get out."

She pulled the blanket up around her head like a hood and stared up at the guardian with wide eyes. "Sorry, pal." She said, her tone just as firm as his had been. "I'm staying here. The last time I braved the hall I nearly died. That hallway is the hallyway of doom."

Glowering, Auron thrust his legs from under the covers and got out of the bed. "Very well," his voice ice and poison, "Do as you wish."

Rikku crawled out of her nest of blanket and pillows. "What, you're not staying? But this is your room!" She tilted her head to one side like a bird and blinked her large green eyes at him innocently. "Aren't you tired?"

With short, jerky movements he pulled his shirt over his head. "No." He pushed back his hair. "I am not staying." With one hand he tightened his belt as the other groped for more clothing in the dark. "Yes." Next he shoved a foot into his boot. "It is my bed." The other boot. "Yes." His glasses were placed ajar on his nose. "I am tired."

Rikku dropped her head into her hands and supported her weight on her elbows and knees. After eyeing him slowly, she nodded. "And yes, you are grouchy. You act like you've never had to share sleeping quarters before. Besides that," She wiggled her rear playfully as an invitation, "It's nice and warm. And maybe, if you're lucky…" Was it his imagination or did her voice become seductive? "…I'll tell you a bedtime story!"

Auron's patience (of which he had little) was quickly depleting. A new approach to battle was needed and he frowned even more deeply than usual. "It is not appropriate," he pointed out, suddenly concerned with the proper and the polite. "You should return to your own bed to sleep."

"How is it innappropiate? Is it more acceptable for me to be sleeping with a Kimahri?" She arched an eyebrow, "What are you afraid of, anyway?" A smile lit up her face and she stuck out her tongue as she teased him "Come on, you big oaf, get in bed before you fall over."

She had forgotten all about the eternal storm outside, too busy with Auron to notice or care about any little blinks of lightening or any coughs of thunder. But then quite possible the longest, brightest, biggest, scariest bolt of lightening hit the building, shaking the shelter right down to its wood and stone bones. Rikku jumped into the air with a squeal of terror and launched herself straight into Auron's arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck with a death grip and whimpered nonsensically against his throat. The guardian was too taken back to react normally and let the girl cling to him as if her world depended on it.

----------------

----------------

Thank you for the comments, everyone! Everytime I read one I feel inspired to write more. ^^

Blurry >> I'll try to keep updating quickly! And thanks!

Deathalletta >> Heh, yeah, Rikku's adorable. n_n

Dark Mousy >> Aww… thank you! Yeah, the bit about Wakka and Lulu was a little strange, even for Rikku. I guess I assumed that she'd be too worried about the storm to think about being proper and whatnot.

Shan-chan >> ^^v

To lazy to sign in >> Hehe, I'm lazy too. Happens to me all the time. ^^ And thanks for the compliament!

Strawberry >> I know!, Rikku's so lucky! And hey, keep writing your AuRikku!

Yomo >> Oops, guess you pressed the `submit' button too much, eh? Anywho, thankies!

Auron is my man >> No, he's mine! *tackles* n_n

Parasyte >> Bah, my chapters are too short… *cries* Anyway, I'm glad you like it! I'm trying to stay on the "oh-so-cute" side and not write anything angsty or generally depressing. I think we all need something to smile about.

Era Yachi >> *gaspchokedie* Ahhhh! You're reading *my* story? *gets on her knees to worship the awesome power of Era Yachi* I love your "Turbulence!" EEEEEeeeeee! *is a fangirl*

Major Zazu Fangirl >> Dunna worry, I'm writing more! ^^