Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Tabby's Big Adventure ❯ Little tabby's revenge ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 2: Little Tabby's revenge

A sign was posted outside Tifa's Kalm Town house. `Kittens for sale' it read `150 gil each'. Inside, Tifa was trying to negotiate a sale with someone…

`Come on Vincent. They are only 150 gil. Besides, you look like you need a new friend'

`Tifa…' Vincent spoke, `…it's a cat.' Tifa picked out a kitten from the crowded basket.

`I know exactly what it is and its just perfect' she held aloft the kitten she picked up, Tabby. `This one is just perfect. Tabby is just your type of cat; you and he share the same personality.' Tifa didn't notice the glare that the kitten gave her. Vincent shook his head submissively.

`Fine, I'll take the cat.' He said as he handed Tifa the 150 gil. Tifa smiled and handed Tabby over. Vincent strode out of the house, kitten on his shoulder as Tifa shouted,

`Thank you! I hope you two get along! Don't be scared of loving it! Visit again sometime!'

`Look, I can look after one little kitten.' Vincent sighed //Just as long as it is housebroken//

After stopping at Cid's place in Rocket Town, Vincent finally made his way back to his new house in Wutai. He remembered the one time owner of his current house, the many cats that the man had owned before he had moved to the newly built Corel had really worried him, as he thought they would come back. Now, he was the one with a cat. //Well, at least its only one…// Vincent thought. He has never had much of a liking for cats, though he could grow to like having just one.

Vincent placed Tabby on the floor by a little kitten box he had just gone to get from Cid. Looking up, Tabby just stared intently at Vincent, as the raven-haired man considered what to do with him.

`Alright cat,' Vincent knelt down so he was at a lower level. Tabby just mewed, Sephiroth inside him thinking, //huh, he should know cats don't understand. Oh well, I do//

`I certainly hope that you will behave. Cloud and Tifa are coming to visit, and I don't want a dirty house.' At this, Tabby's head perked up, Sephiroth inside really attracted to a prospect of revenge.

`I'm leaving to get some things, so be a good cat and don't do anything that you shouldn't.' And with that, Vincent left.

***

Vincent came back to the house half an hour later. He was greeted by the smell of spilt milk and half eaten food. Standing right in the middle of the mess, in a zone of tidiness, sat Tabby, about to answer a call to nature. Vincent dropped everything that he was holding, grabbed hold of the kitten roughly and was about to throw him out into the garden when his phone, buried in the mess of broken furniture, started to ring. Vincent dropped the kitten and answered the phone. It was Tifa.

`Hey Vincent. I know it has only been a couple of hours, but how's Tabby? Is he coping all right?'

`The cat will be just fine, as soon as I… HEY, don't you DARE do that on my floor!' Tabby looked up to Vincent, having finished his business in the centre of the room. Vincent sighed and went back to Tifa,

`When are you going to be coming? I have some cat created mess to clear up and it may take a while.'

`What did Tabby do? Are you alright?' Tifa asked.

`I'm fine. Just give me about one hour and I'll have everything sorted.' Vincent answered.

***

There came a discreet knock at the door to Vincent's house. Vincent opened the door to let Cloud and Tifa in. Tabby had been sealed in his kitty box so that he could do nothing else to any of Vincent's possessions. Tabby, or the Sephiroth aspect of him anyway, was thinking of different ways that he could fulfil his revenge.

//I could just go over and pretend to be a good kitten, curling on his lap, then strike. Or, perhaps that wouldn't be effective enough. I could just launch at him, biting his neck. But his hair might poke me. Oh, the problems of being small…// An idea finally wormed its way into his head.

//Ah! I know! I could just go out there and maul his face! So simple, yet effective, and he has no idea who done it except for an agitated house cat!// Tabby started working on scratching his way out of the kitty box.

Cloud and Vincent are deep in conversation, or as much conversation you can have with Vincent. Tifa noticed movement in the area of the kitty box as Tabby scratched his way out. The silver tabby kitten wormed his way out and strutted over. Vincent, noticing Tabby out of the corner of his eye, went over to pick the kitten up and put him back. Tabby obviously didn't want this and bit Vincent. Vincent dropped the kitten and it made its way over to Cloud, a fiery, insane glare burning in his green eyes. Cloud screamed as Tabby leapt up and started clawing up his face. Tifa ran over to try and help him, but received a long scratch down her arm for her efforts. Vincent grabbed the raging kitten in his claw and was attempting to pull it off of Clouds face, where it held fast. Eventually, the kitten came off and Vincent dropped it, where it scampered off out of the open back door. Tifa tended to Cloud, saying that he would probably need to go to the hospital, as some of the scratches looked like they would probably need stitches. Tifa decided to take Cloud to the nearest doctor as Vincent wondered what had gotten into the little kitten. Shrugging it off, he went outside to see if he could find Tabby and bring him back because, after all, Tabby was his kitten.

***

Tabby stood behind a tree, hidden from view as Vincent came out to look for him.

//Hahaha! You won't find me that easily!// The Sephiroth side of Tabby shouted in his mind, //I have beaten Cloud! My revenge has been fulfilled! All in the body of this weak little kitten!// Tabby looks around the garden, waiting for Vincent to leave.

//If I can defeat Cloud, one of the most powerful people I have known, the one who killed me, that easily in the body of a kitten…I can have revenge on the world…// Vincent had finally gone, thinking that he would probably be able to find the kitten later. Tabby trotted out from behind the tree, feeling a little arrogant. //At last, the world will bent to the might that is Sephiroth!//