Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Erin Tribal ❯ Chapter 31

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Life of Erin Tribal Chapter 31

~~

A/N: Five pages of story, so enjoy! And I'm gonna say it more than once this chapter: Please review!

~~

Setzer started up the airship. Everyone headed below deck except for Erin. Erin decided to stay above deck so that she could get some fresh air. And so that she could think.

`Mom, why did you do that? Why oh why?' Erin thought as the ship went out over the ocean again.

Erin just stared out at the sky as the ship traveled through the air. She stood like that for several hours, not hearing Harry come up behind her.

"Hey," he said, which made her jump.

"You scared me Harry! What are you doing up here?" she asked him after she calmed down from her scare.

"I couldn't stand the `grown up talk' down there, so I came up here to see if you wanted to talk," he explained.

Erin laughed when he said grown up talk.

"It's great to hear you laugh, Erin," Harry commented.

"Thanks..." Erin said.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Harry asked her.

"I don't know. Up to you," Erin replied.

"Have you ever been on a airship before?" he asked.

Erin nodded her head in reply.

"That's cool. Yeah, I've been traveling around with Setzer for a few years now. I recently went home for a visit, about a month or so ago. I could've sworn I saw you when I was coming back here!" Harry explained.

Erin looked over him, and that's when it hit her. `I knew I had seen him before! He's that guy that was being really rude to me!'

"Yeah, I knew I recognized you from somewhere!" Erin admitted. "Do you realize you were being really rude to me?"

"I'm sorry about that," Harry apologized.

"Forget about it, that's in the past. Let's just focus on the future, okay?" Erin asked him innocently.

"Sure thing," he replied. "Let's go back down and see what's happening in the `grown up talk'."

Erin laughed slightly again. They walked over to Setzer to let him know where they were going.

"Hey Setzer, we're going below deck," Erin commented.

"Fine by me," he replied, not taking his eyes off of the sky.

"Thanks," Harry said, and the two kids walked below deck.

"Anyone know what's up with Erin?" they heard a voice ask.

"Let's stop and listen," Erin whispered to Harry.

He nodded his head, and the two crouched down in the staircase. They were thankful that it had a small resting platform before it turned and got below deck all the way.

"No, I know Celes kept on waking up to find her crying in her sleep, and she told me that Erin was also talking in her sleep," came the voice of Edgar.

"Should we ask Erin about it?" the voice of Sabin asked.

"No, I don't think thee should invade her privacy," came the voice of Cyan.

Erin stifled a giggle from Cyan's accent after she received an elbow in her stomach. She glared at Harry for a moment before turning her attention back to the conversation.

"I agree, we shouldn't invade," what had to be Locke's voice said.

"Should we go down now?" Erin whispered to Harry.

He nodded his head, and the two got up from their crouching position and headed down the rest of the stairs. The group of adults looked up at the kids. Erin realized that Gau wasn't in there.

`He's probably off in his room or something,' Erin thought.

"How long have you been there?" Locke asked the two.

"We just got here!" Harry replied.

`Wow, he's sure good at putting up an act!' Erin thought.

"It's true, we just got here," Erin said.

"Did you hear any of what we were talking about?" Sabin asked.

"No we didn't," the two said in harmony.

"Fine then," Edgar commented, before turning back to the adults. Erin heard him whisper to them, "We'll talk about it later when those two can't interrupt."

Erin saw Terra looking around confused and she decided to join her. "Hey Terra."

"Hi Erin. How is it outside?" she asked, trying to stay off the subject the adults had been on moments before.

"Boring. We're flying over the ocean again. I didn't even both to ask Setzer when we'll be there," Erin explained.

"He told me that we should be there in an hour or so," Harry exclaimed, walking over to the two girls.

"I see. So, Harry, how old are you?" Terra asked the boy cheerfully.

"I'm six," he replied, sitting down next to Erin.

"That's nice. Same age as Erin if I'm not mistaken," Terra stated.

Erin just nodded her head in agreement as she pulled out the bandana Locke had given her just one week ago from her pocket. She slowly tied it around her upper arm, and sighed when she finally got it tied. Locke looked over at her and smiled. Erin smiled back at him and sighed once again.

There was a sudden jolt, and from the sounds of it, the airship landed peacefully on the ground.

"Let's go!" Edgar instructed.

"KUPO! Wait for me, kupo! I want to got too!" said the furry moogle, running out of a room.

Erin would have thought that he was little, except for the small fact that he was taller than her.

"Fine, you may come Mog. Terra, I think you should come also. How's this sound for a team to head in and investigate..." Erin started, and started thinking. "Terra, like I said before, you should come. Mog, I promised, so you may come as well. Edgar, you may prove helpful, so come also. Locke, why don't you come as well? Harry, you can come also. How's that sound for everyone?"

Erin looked around as she finished her suggestion.

"Fine by me," Edgar stated, finally heading up the stairs.

"Thank you, kupo!" Mog excitedly said, running up the stairs.

"Thanks," Locke simply said, and followed the path Edgar and Mog had already taken.

"Thank you, Erin," Terra exclaimed, and walked up the stairs.

"Sorry guys, but someone needs to baby-sit Gau!" Erin joked, and gave them a wink as she ran up the stairs being chased by Harry.

When Erin and Harry finally made it up on deck, the group waved `goodbye for now' to Setzer and headed off. Setzer went downstairs, Erin saw out of the corner of her eye.

"Probably to play solitaire or something," Harry joked in Erin's ear, finally giving up the chase.

Erin laughed as they ran to catch up with the others. The group walked right in on an imperial base.

"Hey, this place doesn't seem guarded, so I think we're safe," Erin commented.

They headed through the imperial base and soon found themselves on the other side of the imperial base.

Now that they were out on the other side, they started to run into some monsters. Locke was stealing, Edgar And Harry were attacking, Mog was using a move the moogles called `Dance', and Terra and Erin were attacking and using their magic. They made it to the cave in less than half an hour.

"Let's head in, and be on your guard," Terra instructed.

The group nodded their heads, and started through the first floor, and made it down to the second floor in less than ten minutes. They looked and saw moving bridges over lava, and everyone started complaining.

"My fur! I don't want my fur to get burnt, kupo!" complained Mog.

"This is unacceptable! I cannot be around this lava!" Edgar complained.

"I can't find any treasures in lava!" Locke stated.

"QUIET!" Erin yelled at the group.

"My precious cards might burn..." Harry finally complained.

"I SAID QUIET!" Erin yelled again, and crossed her arms across her chest.

"Thank you, Erin," Terra agreed. "Please be quiet. This is not a time for complaining!"

The guys all got quiet and stared at the two girls.

"We need to figure out how to get across without getting burnt. It doesn't help at all that the bridges are moving," Erin explained, pointing out at bridges.

"I agree. If we study the bridges, maybe we can figure out a pattern," Terra stated.

The guys just stood their, pouting over what might burn if the touch the lava.

"Stop your pouting already!" Erin practically shouted.

They still didn't stop pouting, but Locke walk over to one of them and watched as one part moved and another moved right back next to where the previous one had been.

"We could time our jumps and make it across," Locke suggested.

"We'd have to go one at a time though," Erin pointed out.

"Ladies first," Edgar stated, stepping back to let Erin and Terra through.

"I'll go first to show how to do it," Erin exclaimed, and walked over to the bridge Locke had been by a few seconds before.

~~

A/N: Okay, no babbling today... Well, maybe: I finally put the full updated version on my site (the copy that's free of all these author's notes).

Okay, not much babbling today:

Please review this story! It would mean so much if while I'm writing the next chapter, I find that someone reviewed! That would just make my day if someone did that. I'd love to have a stuffed full inbox of reviews!

Also, if I don't update this a lot, it means I'm being a readaholic, or I'm working on `Complications' or another story if I start another one.