Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The (shinra) office ❯ day twenty-one: friendship...or more? ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Welcome to another-- …why am I saying welcome? Only two people willing read this.
 
It would be more if you wrote a review… (*Cough*I know where you live*cough*)
Now here's one more disappointment!
 
I do not own final fantasy, that quiz (yes it's real), assassin's creed, or Jesus (hey-zues) Elvis Presley (or any of his songs).
 
But I DO own mr. licorice!
Day twenty-one: friendship…or more?
 
The creepy intern read the restraining order over and over—but no matter how many times she read it, the same words stood out-- she would have to stalk someone else for a while, or at least until this cleared.
 
“Stupid…after all the romantic threats I sent him! That jerk!” the intern paced back and forth, livid that her reluctant (and unknowing) lover would dare do this to her! But, no one but her actually seemed to care about the subject. That meant she would have to annoy someone into caring…
 
---
 
Vincent was at the end of his rope, and he knew it… wherever he turned something made him think of her…
 
He turned on the radio, on came Elvis singing `can't help falling in love'
 
He turned on the computer, and the first thing he came to was a quiz that read- `are you in love with your best friend?'
 
And he still hadn't found a secret Santa gift!
 
And Anna had been doing an odd amount of evil laughter whenever she saw him…eerie…and slightly scarring.
 
“Hey vinne—GAH!” Vincent coughed out his not-so-subtle laughter as he watched the creepy intern trip over a trashcan. He didn't believe it at first, but it turns out that Angi was friends with the custodian. Lucky him.
 
“Could you…help me up?” he fought the urge to sit there and stare, but that would be rude. So he slowly, slowly… slowly walked over and helped her up.
 
“My, my, you're so strong!” the intern smiled much too eagerly, and Vincent groaned slightly too loud.
---
 
“Oh assassin's creed, you are just too good! And altair—hoo-wee! That five`o'clock shadow does him well!”
 
“Why do you insist on killing every guard you encounter?” Danielle watched in horror as angel dispatched yet another set of guards...
 
“Because they punched my horse!”
 
“They're running away from you for goodness sake!” she said as the guards scrambled away from what seemed to be death on a white steed.
 
“They will not escape the wrath of dr. death!” she cackled to herself as she plunged her sword into a man's stomach.
 
“Who?” Danielle eyed the redhead suspiciously.
 
“My horse. I named the black one Mr. licorice!”
 
“…I'm going to ignore that…” angel smiled on as Danielle slowly inched away from her.
---
 
a man trudged in from the brisk cold, mumbling something incohearent, and shaking the snow from his fur trimmed overcoat.
 
And then there was keith.
 
“hey Dante, what's up? Who's your friend?”
 
“I'm good, and this is ryo, ryo tuskanna.”
 
“same as our ryo boy?”
 
“uh…no, he quit a while ago—don't you remember?”
 
“well kiss my grits… I had no idea! So the new boy applin or something?” keith looked through the various letters as he talked with Dante. (who the f**k says `kiss my grits anymore?!)
 
“yup, I'm takin him to angi—she can't be too busy can she?”
 
“well you'll just have to see won't you? Oh, deliver this to her will you? Save me a trip or two.”
 
“Sure. See you Keith!” at that point, Dante figured he really did have to stop attracting gay men…
---
 
there was darkness all around… a silver haired man… a long, redheaded, woman…
 
“you wench! What have you done?!” and a familiar voice…
 
“…angel? Wha—why can't I move my arms…or legs…?” Vincent looked around at the various makeshift restraints, a bunch of paperclips, some glue, lucifer's collar, and a pen.
 
“'cause the wench decided to assassinate you.” Angel nodded to her own statement, Danielle just looked horrified.
 
“angi, stop it! She was not going to assassinate anyone!”
 
“not yet at least—“ the intern muttered to herself, which only scared them more.
 
“can someone…get me out of this?” Vincent pulled at his restraints, but the others ignored him as angel kicked the wench out the door and into the hallway.
 
“you gatta be—Lucifer? No- shoo- get off…” Lucifer only mewoed, smiling at him in a way only a cat could. Then did the most demeaning thing a cat could also do…
 
…he batted his paw onto his nose.
 
“sorry bout that vin—“ angel scoffed, seeing the scene that had unfolded in her absance.
 
“please, please, please, don't say anything…just get me out of this.”
 
“w-will do.” Angel glanced away, snickering slightly. he could have sworn he saw a blush, then again, he was the one who was tied to a chair desk, half naked. And—cold shower, cold shower, cold shower! Come on man! Cold thoughts!
 
“Lucifer, stand down.” What seemed like an odd command for a cat actually seemed to work for angel.
 
“now then, let's get you out of this.” Angel leaned over his stomach to undo one of the chains, while Lucifer smiled and played with his hair.
 
“um- angi? What the hell is this?” everything froze as angel pressed a hand onto his stomach, twisting to see Dante and another man.
 
“we…are…sacrificing—crusifing…the chicito jesus.” (pronounced hey-zues)
 
“…right…” Vincent clunked his head back onto the table, trying to ignore the fact that his face was flushed completely red.
---
 
rufus threw the keys to angel, whom was cleaning up as a favor to the custodian, and walked out the main doors to his limo.
 
“so, you think you can ever find it into your heart to forgive me? Jesus?” (pronounced hey-zues)
 
“if you stop calling me that, I think I can work something out.” He walked across the now spotless floor, striding over to her.
 
“perhaps another video game, master jesus?” (hey-zues) angel smiled evily, as Vincent shook his head.
 
“or something better…” Vincent leaned in slowly, just staring into angel's crimson eyes.
 
“Vincent…” angel barley whispered it, but it was still audobile.
 
“hm…?”
 
“you're stepping on my foot.” Angel groaned, obviously in pain.
 
“oh god, I'm sorry!”
 
“s'okay jesus, I'll see you tommarow.” Angel limped off as Vincent repeatedly banged his head against a marble pillar.
Wow, that was disappointing. But my… one…zero…negitive on—oh I'm sorry, I really shouldn't waste your time with my fan count. Anyway, try to swallow your bile and coincidently be in the same place when I release another one of these—like a crowd control tear gas bomb. Scary, no?