Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The (shinra) office ❯ day twenty-two: photographs ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, right now I'm visiting my grandfather. And working on TSO. And getting smothered by a dog—but that's normal. Oh yeah, I'm also watching westerns. The greatest form of TV there is.
 
I do not own final fantasy, pink alcohol, or McDonalds (thank god) or westerns.
Day twenty-two: photographs…
 
Danielle opened of the main doors of the shinra electric power company, joined by the new employee, ryo. (Again, not the same ryo! A different ryo.)
On a more positive matter, he sun was shining, but it was still frigid outside. (No shit.)
 
“So, usually, it's supposed to be angel opening this morning, but she'll always find a way to jip out of it Which brings us back to the point of why I brought you here.”
 
“I see… say Danielle, can I ask you a personal question?” ryo pulled off his muffler and leaned against the front desk as Danielle re-arranged various trinkets.
 
“Shoot.”
 
“Angel, is she…going out with the black haired guy?”
 
“Vincent—? Oh, well…frankly, …no. Why do you ask?”
 
“Well, it's just, he sorta cute, but he's straight, isn't he?” ryo let out a longing sigh, as Danielle realized what he meant.
 
“Wait, you're homosexu—“
 
“Yeah, I'm gay. No surprise—“
 
“No, no! I had no idea! I'm sorry if this sounds like a stereotype, but I thought all guys were just flaming fa—oh, that wasn't very nice of me to say…”
 
“A flaming fag? It's all right, I'm used to it. But yeah, I'm not one of those guys who just says `fabulous' and drinks pink alcohol…” Danielle laughed, so he wasn't a flaming gay boy, but he certainly was fun, like a kinder, less crude, less brutally honest angel.
 
Speaking of which, where was she…?
---
 
Angel nodded her head against the swaying rock of some random CD.
 
“So Lucifer, your turn to pick, who do you wanna bug today? Reno?”
 
“Mrow!”
 
“Tseng? Why him? What has he done lately?”
 
“Mrow hiss! Rowr!”
 
“Now, now, you know I don't speak Italian. In Spanish please!”
 
“Mrew!”
 
“Seriously? He did that?”
 
Merowr Rowr!”
 
“That ass! He's gonna get it!”
 
“Meow!”
 
“Hey! No sexual references till you're at least three!” and with that last statement, angel raised her hand, and commanded the cars to part.
 
“Vween!”
“OH MY LORD—WHAT WAS THAT?!”
“VEEEEEEERCH!”
And they did; She lowered her hand, and started to drive.
 
“Mew!”
 
“Like that did you? Just remember, the good grandora can givith, and the good grandora can taketh away.” Angel smiled keenly.
 
“Mrow!”
 
“You're right, we must always use these powers for good and the torture of Reno.”
And at that point, angel just got a little scarier.
 
---
 
Tseng and rude stalked the halls like a couple of vultures. If one of those vultures was bald and wore sunglasses all the time.
 
“I swear, of all the requests he's ever asked—this is one of the worst.” Tseng held the McDonalds grease bag- I mean, heart attack- I mean- “food” at arm's length.
 
“If it's really that bad, why don't you take the elevator?”
 
“I don't want to be in a closed space with IT.” Tseng spat out the words with such disgust, they could have been acid.
 
“Would you like me to take it?” before he could even finish the question, tseng had shoved the bag into his hands and half jogged to find some hand sanitizer.
 
“Ew.”
---
 
“Sir…sir…godammit…” rufus looked through a grey cloth to a bright light. His body ached, and he could see a ruined city…
 
“Sir! Wake up sir!” and then there was angel, a very miffed angel at that, and—ooh! Imitation foodstuffs from a deserted stand of greasy, disgusting, undergraduate teens and middle aged men!
 
“I brought you lunch, I think it's from…Ya'know, that place with the big yellow `M'”
 
“Uh…thank you.” Rufus rubbed his aching head, for some reason wanting to destroy something of great importance…
 
“You're welcome sir.” Angel saluted him and started to walk off.
 
“Wait grandora—“ angel turned to face rufus, but was greeted by a bright light instead.
 
Once the white blindness and hallucinations had subsided, she saw rufus grinning, and holding a camera.
 
“You know I can't stand photographs.” Her eyes crinkled in annoyance.
 
“Yes. But you certainly don't have a choice—I being your superior.”
 
“In that case, with all due respect, sir, you suck.” Rufus laughed as angel saluted for rufus' second shot.
---
 
When Elena wasn't working she would be with tseng, when tseng was busy, she would make fun of Reno, when it was too easy, she would do something else.
In this case, it was to see what Vincent was doing.
 
“Anna, what are you doing?” Elena had excellent sneaking skills, but she found that Anna's screaming was highly unnecessary.
 
“Don't do that! I'm spying on Vincent!” Anna hissed at the other blond, irritated that her mental plan (later written down in orange-maroon-green crayon) was not going exactly as planned.
 
“Why?”
 
“So she can pick up some actual work related habits.” Vincent, when seen in the right light (and at a lower angle) actually looked quiet respectable. Tall, lean, handsome, but when he smiled it was just a plain goofy smile.
 
“Hey, you know that'll-- …shut up.” Vincent laughed in victory, and Anna stuck her nose into the air and stalked off.
 
“Why was she spying on you in the first place?” Elena looked at Vincent as he pondered to himself; he wasn't exactly stunning to say… it must have been his personality or something.
 
“Who knows? But she usually runs away after I `discover' her” Elena let out a `Hm' and walked past him, into his office…to the desk…and—
 
“Oh. Please, don't look at my desk!” he scrambled over and gathered a bunch of papers, shoving them into an already full drawer.
 
“Why not? Something dirty?” Elena grinned like a cat, laughing at his bewildered expression.
 
“No, no, it's nothing like that!” he ran his hands through his hair, each lock bouncing back to its original spot. He sighed. Elena sneaked a hand over to a few papers covering a small drawing.
 
“Is this angel?” Elena cocked a brow as Vincent felt his heart jump-start from regular to turbo.
 
“N- no…! It's--” but Elena wouldn't have it, she was already skipping down the halls…
 
“Elena! Give that back!” with Vincent right on her tail.
Ah ha, ha, ha, ha—I mean… poor Vincent. -Ahem- anyway. I don't know where I was going with that, Vincent is one step closer to getting exposed, and angel is clueless. Same as ever. And I STILL have one fan …or less.