Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Skye Chronicles ❯ The Tournament Begins ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4: The Tournament Begins
At Mr. James house, Adam was doing some last minute training. “Adam, practice your special abilities on those dummies,” Mr. James told him, pointing at a small group of fighting dummies in the corner.
“Ragnarok,” Adam yelled. Two swords appeared and went through one of the dummies. Then a giant mystical silver sword flew into it, and it fell to the ground.
“Good, now the other one,” Mr. James told him.
“Okay, Odyssey,” Adam called out, and jumped up into the air and slammed his sword down to the ground. Along the ground near the dummies, there were dozens of small explosions. When the smoke cleared, four dummies lay on the ground in ashes.
“Great, keep practicing,” Mr. James said quietly.
Later on, everyone in town had gathered for the tournament. It would start at 3:00, but all of the fighters had to be back at 2:00 for last minute practice. When they got to the tournament arena, they all sat on separate stands, so they did not get a chance to talk. “The first match, Adam Kolster versus Dan Root,” the announcer shouted. They both walked into the tournament ring, and the announcer said “Anything goes, fight,” and they both charged at each other. Dan jumped up over Adam, and tried to hit Adam with his sword, but Adam blocked it and rolled Dan’s sword to the ground. Dan dove and back-slashed at Adam’s head, and cut him across the face. Adam got so mad he used his special ability.
“Odyssey,” Adam shouted, and he jumped into the air and slammed his sword down. Under Dan’s feet, there were dozens of explosions, but less than when Adam was practicing against the dummies. Dan dodged most of the explosions, but a few final ones knocked him to the ground. He stood up and used his own special ability.
“Meteostrike,” Dan yelled, and he started slashing in Adam’s direction, even though he was almost five feet away. Each time his sword crossed between his vision, and Adam, a meteorite flew out of the sword and toward Adam. Adam fell to the ground, but quickly got up; because he knew that every second he spent on the ground could make him lose. Adam charged at Dan, and knocked him to the ground. Dan kicked his leg, and Adam fell, but came up faster than Dan, and put his sword to Dan’s heart.
“Death move,” said the announcer, “Adam wins.” Adam and Dan walked out of the ring. “Next match, Ben Miller versus Princess Lyane,” the announcer yelled. Ben and Lyane walked into the ring. “Fight,” the announcer said. Ben charged and Lyane cast protect and Ben’s attack bounced off.
“Thunder,” said Ben, and bolts of lightning came down on Lyane and broke through her protect bubble. She fell to the ground, but got up quickly.
“Aero,” shouted Lyane, and an arrow made of air flew at Ben. It hit him, and he flew back. He landed on his feet, and quickly charged. Lyane spun around, and hit him on the back of the head with her staff, and he fell to the ground.
“Fire,” Ben said without getting up. It blasted her backward, but she mostly blocked it with her staff. Ben got up as quickly as possible, and stuck his sword to Lyane’s neck.
“Death move, Ben wins,” the announcer said. “Five-minute-break, and then in the final match it will be Ben Miller v.s. Adam Kolster,” the announcer shouted. Everyone except Adam, Ben, Dan, and Lyane went back to their houses to get a drink because it was very warm outside.
“Nice job guys,” said Adam. “You ready to fight, Ben?” he asked.
“I think so,” Ben replied. “I see that cut stopped bleeding,” Ben told him.
“Yeah, that was a weak shot,” Adam told him.
“I should be fighting Ben, that Oddessey was the only thing that took me down,” Dan said. People started coming out of their houses and walked over to the tables to have a small snack.
“Finalists to the ring,” said the announcer.
“I guess we have to go, see you after the match,” Adam told them.
“Bye,” Lyane and Dan said. Ben and Adam walked to separate corners.
“Fight,” the announcer yelled. Ben charged as Adam stuck the front of his sword into the ground. Ben ran up Adam’s sword like Mr. Smith had, but Mr. Smith was faster. As he was in the air, Adam got up, turned around, and called out “Freeze.” An icicle formed around Ben, and it fell to the ground. The ice cracked, and Ben quickly scrambled up. “Ragnarok,” Adam yelled. Two swords flew into Ben, and then, as the mystical sword was coming toward him, it turned gold. Ben fell to the ground, and slowly stumbled up.
“Rominak,” Ben called and he stuck his sword out in front of him. He ran up to Adam and started slashing at him, but each time missed. He did this five times, and there were lines visible where he slashed. The lines turned into lightning bolts, and flew at Adam, he fell back, and almost fell out of the ring, but caught himself and moved forward a little. Suddenly, out of the forest next to them came an explosion. Nine men covered in green archer suits ran out of it. “Everyone, get back to your houses,” Mr. Smith said through the announcer’s speaker. Mr. James ran up, and punched one of the men in green suits. They all drew their swords, but he still fought with his bare hands. He punched a few more, and then Mr. Smith ran up and threw him a sword.
“Mr. James, catch,” Mr. Smith yelled. They both started slashing at them, but none of them fell. “Where’s the leader?” Mr. Smith asked.
“I don’t know,” Mr. James answered. Suddenly, as if reading their lips, an archer jumped up into a tree and leaned up against a branch watching them. Once Mr. James and Mr. Smith were in mid-strike, he drew up a bow and an arrow. He fired at them, and they couldn’t guard themselves, because they were in mid-strike. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Adam and Ben blocked the arrows, and Lyane and Dan came up behind them to back them up. The archer jumped down, and him and three other knights fled into the forest. Mr. Smith knocked out one of the soldiers and then looked on the soldier’s back.
“Van Adren knights,” he told them. “We’ll take care of these four, and you take care of those four,” he told them. “Oh, and we’ll take care of this,” he said pointing at the knocked out one. “Go, now,” he told them. Without a word, they ran into the forest. After a few minutes, they came to a fork in the path. Lyane and Dan went to the left, and Adam and Ben went to the right. After another ten minutes of walking, Adam walked over to a tree, climbed up, and sat on a branch. Ben walked around where he was sitting and looked through the bushes. Ben ducked down, and Adam couldn’t tell where he went.
“Ben, where’d you go?” he asked. He couldn’t hear anything. He slowly looked around and saw nothing. Ben was hiding behind a bush, and he saw the archer, sitting behind another. He stayed quiet, so he didn’t scare him. Adam jumped down from the tree, but the archer fired four arrows into Adam’s shirt, and he got stuck to the branch. The archer came out of the bush with an arrow ready.
“You will never get back to your town now,” the archer said, and he aimed his arrow. Ben slowly crept up behind him, and slit the bow string. He stuck his sword to the archer’s neck. “Now you will never get back to your town,” Ben said to him. He was about to kill him, but Adam stopped him.
“Don’t kill him,” Adam said to him.
“Why not, he tried to attack our village,” Ben asked.
“What’s your name?” Adam asked sticking his hand up, and putting it in front of Ben’s face, Ben turned and walked away.
“I’m Jake,” the archer said, his voice still kind of hoarse. “I’m from Van Adren,” he told them.
“Why did Van Adren attack Tral?” Adam asked.
“We were told that a messenger from Alexandria was supposed to come to your town and try to get you to fight with them, so we tried to stop that from happening by showing you how powerful we are,” Jake told them.
“Well you’re not going to show much power, because you lost, all of your men are already captured except for you, and the three others that escaped,” Adam told him.
“Listen, if you don’t kill me, I’ll fight with you,” Jake said.
“You just became a traitor to your hometown, how do we know you won’t betray us?” Ben said.
“You’ll have to trust me,” Jake said.
“Fine, we’ll trust you, but if you try to betray us, Ben will slit your throat,” said Adam.
“Okay,” said Jake.
Converting /tmp/phpr3ES13 to /dev/stdout