Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Skye Chronicles ❯ Practice Tournament........Literally ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 3: Practice tournament... Literally

As they were waiting to catch their breath, they heard a crumbling on the other side of the mountain. They walked over and saw the princess of Tral climbing up the mountain. They saw a man wearing entirely black clothes, climbing up about thirty feet behind her. They decided to wait for her, so they sat on the edge of the cliff. Once she got close, they reached down, and helped her up. They stood up and walked further back onto the plateau.
“So do you know who he is?” Adam asked Lyane, as he pointed toward the guy in black.
“No, I don’t know why he’s even here. Most people don’t even care about this mountain,” Lyane told them.
“Oh. So, why did you come up here anyways?” Adam asked her.
“My magic looks really cool up here, and it has a stronger effect too,” she told them.
“We came up here to practice,” Ben told her.
“Cool. I’ll practice with you,” Lyane told them, pulling out her staff. Then the man in black slowly climbed onto the plateau, and looked toward them.
“Are any of you Ben, Adam or Lyane?” he asked.
“Yeah,” Lyane, Ben, and Adam said together. He took off his hood to reveal he was a teenager just like them.
“I’m Dan,” he told them.
“Cool. We were just about to practice for the tournament. Would you like to practice with us?” Adam asked him.
“Sure. I have the actual tournament bracket, so we can switch the fights so we don’t know our opponent’s real strength,” he told them.
They looked at the bracket, and then Adam pointed at Dan and said “Ok, you and Lyane can fight first.”
“Ready. Go!” Adam shouted. Dan charged forward, and Lyane just stood there until he was about two yards away.
“Protect!” she yelled, and a white bubble appeared around her. Dan’s attack bounced right off, and he got knocked back. He charged again immediately, and Lyane aimed her staff right at him, and then shouted “Fire-shock!” A lightning bolt surrounded by fire flew toward Dan. He leapt into the air, and did a three hundred-sixty degree flip. He aimed his sword at Lyane’s back, and then slammed it down to the ground.
“Earth-shake,” he yelled, and the sword sent out seismic waves that broke the land apart. Lyane was stuck on a small piece of land surrounded by deep pits. The pits were so deep that if she tried to jump, she’d fall, and get stuck at the bottom.
“Transport,” she called out, and she disappeared. Dan started looking around scared, but then when his back was turned Lyane appeared behind him, and smacked him on the back of his head with her staff. He laid there on the ground for a long time, and then Lyane walked over to a rock and sat down. “I win,” she said. Adam and Ben helped Dan up, and then got their swords out for their fight.
“Wait, what time is it?” Adam asked. “1:50, we’d better get back,” Dan said finally getting up again. “Man, I wanted to fight,” Adam said slowly. They all slowly began to walk down the mountain.“I hope you know, I already have two special abilities, and I’m going to use both of them in the tournament,” Adam told them.
“What’s your point?” Dan asked him. Adam got quiet, and everyone kept walking. Once they got to town, they all split up. Adam went to Mr. James’ house, Ben went to Mr. Smith’s house, Lyane went to the palace, and Dan went to the town training grounds.
Converting /tmp/phpe7z2w8 to /dev/stdout