Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Skye Chronicles ❯ The Fairy Realm ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 6: The Fairy Realm

After about three hours, they saw a shoreline slowly get closer. “Leviathan, full speed ahead,” Erik said, and Leviathan sped forward. They arrived on the shore, and found themselves looking along four planes. Erik stuck his sword out again, and Leviathan disappeared in a line of white smoke, and the smoke flew into Erik’s sword.
“Fire Plane, Lightning Plane, Jungle Plane, and Ice Plane, the Planes of the Fairies,” Jake told them.
“Which one is the fastest?” Adam asked, taking the leadership role once again.
“Fire leads right to Radia, but it’s the hardest to cross, Fire Fairies are actually feared by even more creatures than goblins, Jungle would be easiest, and pretty fast,” Jake said.
“No, I’m not taking any detours, we have to get to Radia as fast as possible,” Adam said.
“You want to get there? You won’t if we go through the Fire Plane,” Jake said.
“I don’t care how risky it is, we have to save Tral,” Adam said. Jake took out his bow, and an arrow, and then took a coil of rope from his side. He tied the rope around the arrow, put the arrow in the bow, and then moved the arrow tip up near Adam’s head. Everyone froze, and Jake was about to let the arrow go, when he moved his bow to the ground. The arrow dug into the ground, and Jake pulled the rope a little to tighten it. And he slowly began to walk forward. “Hey, what was that for?” Adam asked.
“So if we need a way to get back, we can just follow the rope,” Jake said.
“But why did you have to aim it at my head?” Adam asked.
“Because you’re an annoying control freak,” Jake said, and then he continued to walk. “Get your weapons ready, we don’t know who we’re going to encounter here,” Jake told them, as everyone got their weapons out. They followed him, and after about an hour of wasteland and desert, they finally saw a wooden house.
“Let’s go get some water,” Lyane said. So they walked up to the doorstep, and knocked. No one answered, so they knocked again. Still no none answered.
“I need water,” Adam shouted. He lifted his sword, and hacked the door down. He looked back to everyone else. “You still thirsty?” Adam asked. Everyone looked as if they had seen a ghost. They all followed Adam inside, they looked around, and to their right, there was a kitchen.
“This place looks deserted,” Dan said. They walked into the kitchen, and looked around. It was dusty, and dirty, but it still had a home look to it, like someone could be living there, ignoring the dust. There were seven glasses already set on the table, so everyone, but Ben took one and poured some water out of a faucet. They suddenly heard a creaking noise on the floor above them. They all stopped. Ben moved forward, toward the stairs, and everyone else spread out along the first floor. As Ben crept up the stairs, there was another creak, and then silence. Dan, and Jake also came up the stairs, and everyone else stayed on the first floor. They all searched the entire house, and found nothing.
"Let's just get out of here," Ben said. They walked to the doorway, and stepped outside. The sky was darkening now, but was still quite bright. They walked for another hour, then decided to set up camp. "Lyane, fire please," Ben said.
"Fire," Lyane said, and a burst of flame flew out of her staff. In front of them was a roaring fire.
"Food?" Erik said to Lyane. She pulled out of her backpack some food. Everyone grabbed something, and then started cooking it over the fire.
"So how much further do we have to go before we get out of the Plane?" Adam asked, trying to keep everyone awake.
"Well, if we don't run into the Fire Fairies, I'd say another three hours, but they patrol the lands more at night, we'd better rest now," Jake told them. "Now, I'm going to sleep," he told them. He backed away from the fire, and slowly, everyone else did the same. Finally, everyone was sleeping, except Ben, and Adam.
"You going to sleep?" Adam asked.
"No, I'll stay up," Ben said.
"Okay, good night," Adam told him. He turned around to head back to the tent, and there, in front of his face, was the blade of a sword, shining in the moonlight. Ben jumped up, and pulled out his sword. He slashed at the sword holder, who pulled his sword up, and blocked Ben's attack. Adam stood up, and pulled out his sword.
"They're fairies," Adam whispered to Ben, as around them, an army of tall people appeared out of nowhere. The fairies eyes looked different than a human's, which Adam could tell immediately.
"Wake them up," the attacking fairie said, nodding his head toward their sleeping friends. Adam walked back, and softly kicked them all awake, but Dan kept sleeping.
“Five more minutes,” Dan said. Everyone else woke up, saw the fairies, jumped up, and drew their weapons. Ben started forward to attack, but Adam grabbed his shoulder.
“Dan, wake up,” Erik said, kicking him again.
“What is it?” Dan said, slowly opening his eyes, he saw the fairies, and stumbled up, and fumbled for his sword.
“Van Adren spies, what are you doing in our lands? Coming to attack perhaps?” the fairie said.
“No, we’re trying to stop Van Adren,” Adam said.
“Then why are you traveling through the Fairy Realm?” the fairie asked.
“We were trying to get to Alexandria,” Adam told him.
“Let me see,” they heard a female’s voice say from somewhere behind the crowd. They saw the line separate, and realized there were more behind the first line, they were far outnumbered. Out of the crowd walked a female teenager. She was a fairie, and she looked like a wizard, she had a staff by her side.
“Them?” she asked looking back at the fairie who first spoke. He nodded his head, and she looked back with a grin on her face. “Can’t be Van Adren spies, they’re too weak,” she said, turning back around. Ben slashed down toward her leg. In the blink of an eye, she reached behind her back, pulled out a metal staff, and planted it in the ground. Ben’s sword struck it, and he stopped, he had never seen anyone move that fast. Adam tried to slash at her other leg, but she rolled it around her hand, and planted it on the other side, before his sword was even a foot from her. His sword struck also, but Ben slashed quickly, trying to catch her off guard. She pushed Adam’s sword away, and then rolled it back, and tried to plant it, but Ben’s sword was too close. It hit her staff, which slid back behind her leg. Adam stuck his sword up to her neck, while her attention was focused on Ben. She looked over, and then put her staff away. “Knights, leave,” she told them. They marched away, but after they walked a short distance, they all disappeared.
“How did you know we entered into your realm?” Adam asked.
“We have spies that are much better trained than yourselves, stationed throughout the Plane, we knew you were here before you even decided what Realm to travel through,” she told them. Everyone else came forward, and listened to the conversation. There was still one person standing where the knights had been, she was wearing armor, without a helmet though, , and had her sword unsheathed, just standing there. “Oh, Anna, come here,” the first woman said, laughing quietly to herself. Anna walked over to them. “How could I have been so impolite?” she asked. “This is Anna, my guardian, and I’m the Princess of the Fire Fairies, and the Fairies of this Realm alike,” she said. Anna still hadn’t said a word.
“You’re Betsy?” Jake asked.
“Yes, how did you know?” Betsy asked.
“I’m a scout, I know these things,” Jake said.
“You’re Betsy?” Ben asked.
“Yeah, we already established that, why are you so...slow?” Betsy asked.
“Well, it’s just, from what I’ve heard from the traders that come into Tral, you’re kind of stuck up, but you’re....” Ben said.
“What?” Betsy asked.
“Oh, never mind,” Ben said.
“Okay, since you’re an interesting group of people, and since I want to get out of this place for awhile, and since I’ve apparently got other royalty to talk to,” Betsy said, nodding toward Lyane, “Anna and I will come with you, if you can get her into a death move.”
“I highly doubt that we’ll be going anywhere then,” Anna said in a mean voice.
“Oh, you just said the wrong thing,” Adam said, he took off his long black jacket, and then threw it to his side, and drew his sword. Betsy whispered something in Anna’s ear, and then walked a short ways away, and sat down.
“I think you might want to stay back a ways, Anna often uses the field to her advantage,” Betsy called to the others who weren’t fighting. Ben walked forward, and leaned over to speak to Adam.
“That could help you win, don’t think little of that fact,” Ben told him, and then he walked exactly opposite of Betsy, where everyone else was, and sat down. Betsy began to whisper to herself, but no one could hear what she was saying. Anna charged at Adam, but he blocked her, rolled on the ground, then got back up. He started moving backward, and then...he tripped. “Come on,” Ben shouted. Adam stood up, and then looked over at Ben, and shrugged his shoulders. He thought he was going crazy, but there was nothing he could have tripped on, and fighters are taught to keep steady focus on the ground as well as their opponents, so there was no way he could have tripped on anything else. Ben stood up, and Adam just looked at him. No one moved at all, but then Ben started nodding his head toward Anna. Adam didn’t know what he was doing. He shrugged his shoulders and mouthed, “What?” Ben pretended to pull out his sword and hit something. Adam mouthed “Oh,” and then he turned back toward Anna. She was just standing there, looking confused. He charged at her, and she blocked this time, and Ben began to pace. Anna and Adam kept slashing, and blocking each other. He walked around a circular area. When he moved behind Betsy, she stopped talking to herself, and got up, and looked at him.
“Yes?” she asked.
“Didn’t say a word,” Ben replied. Adam began to gain the upper hand, which Ben noticed, but Betsy didn’t because she had her back turned to the fight.
“If you’ve got nothing to say, then keep moving,” she told him.
“Oh, then I do have one thing to say,” he said.
“What?” she asked, meanly.
“You just lost,” Ben said.
“What?” she said, turning around, in blind fury. Adam stuck his sword to Adam’s throat, and she sheathed her sword with a look of hatred on her face.
“No,” Betsy said, angrily. “You, how did you know?” she asked.
“Wizards used Green Magic in the Ancient War, I thought it was extinct now,” he told her.
“Wait, how did you know about that? You’re only seventeen, and last time I asked you a question about the Ancient War, you said that you were hungry,” Adam told him
“Well I was, and I wasn’t much focusing on anything, but fighting back then,” Ben said.
“What do you mean back then?” Adam asked.
“I...I...” Ben couldn’t think of the right words. “Well, I guess I’d have to tell you eventually, I’m really 199 years old,” Ben said.
“What do you mean you’re 199 years old?” Adam asked, chuckling. “Is this kid great or what?” he said.
“I am really,” Ben said.
“Then why are you in Mr. Smith’s class?” Adam asked.
“Well, I was quite a good fighter back then, but 150 years is quite a long time without practice then, isn’t it?” Ben told him.
“But how did you live that long?” Adam asked.
“That’s the hard part, I’m a Dark Elf,” Ben said, slowly closing his eyes. Jake pulled out his bow, and an arrow, and stuck it up to Ben’s head.
“I knew I sensed something weird in you,” Jake said.
“What are you talking about Jake?” Adam asked, grabbing the tip of Jake’s arrow, and aiming it at the ground. Everyone stood silently, looking toward the ground. Adam thought he could hear voices from the Holy Plane, so he broke the silence. “Am I the only one who doesn’t think Ben is evil, or whatever?” Adam asked.
“Adam, haven’t you heard the stories about the Dark Elves?” Lyane asked.
“Lyane, you know that I don’t know what the heck you’re talking about, I’m not a Noble here,” Adam told her.
“The Dark Elves formed an alliance with the Van Adren Army. In the war, one of the Dark Elves used a thunder spell on the High Elf leader. The Humans and High Elves of Van Adren all thought it was purposely, so they began to attack the Dark Elves,” she told him.
“Wait, how did they know that it was a Dark Elf, maybe it was an enemy mage,” Adam said.
“High Elves can sense things that others can’t, that’s why I said I thought I sensed something weird in Ben, we sensed the direction that it came from, and it led straight to a Dark Elf,” Jake told him.
“So anyways, as the High Elves were fighting the Dark Elves, the Humans went to spread the word around the world. The Dark Elves Black Magic was too powerful for the High Elves, and a lot of them died. Nineteen High Elves hid in a mountain, Dark Mountain, an odd coincidence. But by now, the Humans had spread the word. Everyone was hunting them, and eventually, they were caught, and everyone thought that for so much murder, they deserved to die also. They took them on an airship out sea, because no one was brave enough to try and destroy such an evil race, and they pushed them off of the airship,” Lyane told him.
“By then I was already surrounded by an air bubble, I’m surprised the others didn’t think of that,” Ben said. “Too bad the water was full of creatures, I was the only one who hid a weapon, and I thought it would be better if everyone thought we were dead. I tried to defend them from the sea dragons, and dioleths, but the air bubble wore off, and I went up for air. When I came back down, the rest of them were gone,” Ben said. “I thought I saw something in an underwater cave, so I swam all the way through it, this time with a more permanent air bubble, I finally surfaced, and I ended up in a small town called Tral. I lived in the woods there for 179 years. One day, I walked into town, and heard that a princess was born, and there was going to be a ceremony the next day. I went into town during the ceremony, and realized that a lot of people had young children, so I came back when Lyane and Adam were about fifteen, and that’s when I met you, don’t you two remember?” Ben asked.
“It’s true,” Adam said quietly. “So did a Dark Elf really attack the High Elf, since you were there, you should know,” he asked.
“Obviously,” Erik said.
“No he didn’t,” Aaron said.
“Yes he did,” Erik said, raising his voice.
“No he didn’t,” Aaron said, raising his voice also.
“Yes he did,” Erik said, raising his voice more.
“No he didn’t,” Aaron said, raising his voice more.
“Quit arguing you guys,” Ben said. “He didn’t even attack him, the leader is still in the Dark mountain, along with seventeen others,” he told them.
“I thought you said that there were nineteen,” Betsy said.
“Yeah, two of them were killed,” Ben said.
“We should keep going, we need to get to Alexandria, we can at least trust Ben, we’ve trusted him this long,” Lyane said.
“You’re right, and if you guys can’t trust him, you can go,” Adam said, looking at Jake.
“Whatever,” Jake said, trying to hold in his anger.
“We’ll figure everything out in Alexandria,” Lyane said. They quickly took down their camp, and began to walk. After about three hours, they came to an area where they could see all four realms.
“Okay, about twenty more minutes of walking, and we’ll arrive at the mountain passage, the only problem is, from this end, there is a Tigris stopping anyone from entering, we’ll have to destroy it,” Jake said. Then, from behind him, they heard a pounding of feet on the hard ground. They turned around, and saw a Fairie Dragon, charging forward at full speed. It’s blue body, and white wings almost glowed in the moonlight. Riding atop it was a Battle-magi identifiable by the tattoo on his forehead shaped like an ice crystal.
“Princess Betsy, you’re leaving?” the Magi asked.
“Yes, but no one can come,” she replied.
“Why? Where are you going?” he asked.
“I’m going to Alexandria, tell the army to meet in Tral in three days,” Betsy told him.
“Okay, but the Clan isn’t going to like this,” he told her.
“Well, they’ll have to deal with it,” she said, starting to get angry. And without another word, the dragon leapt into the air, and flew away, back toward the Fire Realm.
“Who was that, and what was that thing?” Adam asked.
“The leader of my army, and he was riding my fairie dragon, now, does anyone want to get to Alexandria?” she said, getting angrier still.
“Yeah, we’d better go,” Lyane told them. They continued to walk, they drew their weapons, and walked the rest of the way to Radia. They arrived at an are that was almost surrounded by mountains.
“Hey, there’s the trap door,” Dan said, walking forward. He grabbed the door, and opened it, when suddenly, something leapt down from the mountains. It was the Tigris. It had a large double-sided sword in it’s hand, and charged forward at Dan. It slashed downward, as Dan dove to the left. The Tigris’s sword hit the ground.
“Everybody, distract it, Jake and Lyane do your holy-arrow killy thing,” Adam shouted. Everybody ran in a different direction. Jake and Lyane ran over by the mountain, and started casting the spell on the arrows. The Tigris was still recovering from when it hit the ground after missing Dan. Once it regained it’s focus, it ran toward Jake and Lyane. Adam, thinking fast, ran over, and jumped at it. It wasn’t thinking anyone would be brave enough to do that, and it fell over. Adam tried to stab it with his sword while they were rolling, but he couldn’t manage to, and the Tigris stopped, got up, and then stopped Adam with it’s foot. He put his sword above Adam’s heart, and then started speaking in a different language.
“Rana de Marando Cannok,” it roared, and then pulled up it’s sword, and started bringing it down, but jerked to a stop, when it saw something fly in front of it. It looked over, and saw Erik standing there.
“Hey dummy,” Erik yelled. Tigris’s do not like to be insulted, so it kicked Adam, and ran at Erik like a bull. Erik pulled out another knife, and through it, but it missed and hit the ground near it. The Tigris had it’s sword ready, and was about to stab Erik, but then an arrow whizzed into the Tigris’s back. Then three more arrows, on at a time, came, and flew through the Tigris’s body, each leaving a hole of light. The Tigris fell to the ground with a mighty thud.
“Why didn’t the first arrow go through?” Erik asked.
“It wasn’t Holy,” Jake said.
“Then why did you fire it? You could have killed me,” Erik said.
“I was saving you, you should trust your commander,” Jake said. Erik sighed.
“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” Erik said. Erik walked over, and picked up his knife. “Let’s go,” he said opening the trap door. They climbed down the ladder, and found themselves in a big sale, with more than one thousand merchants, each selling their own goods.
Converting /tmp/php0rOT62 to /dev/stdout