Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Skye Chronicles ❯ Radia Mountain Hall ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 7: Radia Mountain Hall
They were surrounded by thousands of people, buying, selling, and just talking. Only one person looked as they came down. A big looking Dwarf walked over them. “Where’s the Tigris?” he asked.
“It’s dead, we killed it,” Jake said.
“Good, it’s been torturing anyone who tried to get through,” he said with a
sigh.
“Princess Sara!” Jake said loudly. A teenage girl turned around, and slowly walked over to them.
“Shut up,” she said. Everyone looked over.
“Who are you?” Adam said, pointing at Sara.
“I’m Sara, Princess of Van Adren, now why was I supposed to meet you three here?” she asked Jake.
“These guys are going to help us overthrow the King,” Jake said.
“Okay, let’s go, we’ll talk in Alexandria,” Sara said.
“You’re going to Alexandria? Can I come?” the dwarf asked.
“Sure, who are you?” Adam asked.
“Cory, Dwarven guide,” Cory said.
“Okay, now let’s go before anyone recognizes us,” Sara said. They began to walked, but then up in front of them, they heard a loud bang, and people started screaming, and running towards them. When Adam saw them, he let out a yell, and hid behind ben. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy.
“Then, out of the crowd, they heard someone scream, “Raiders, run away.”
“Raiders, let’s go,” Dan said. They started running the opposite way, but like fish swimming upstream, they weren’t getting anywhere fast. Finally, the were out in front of everybody. They saw Wood Elf raiders gathering the left behind goods.
“Hey, put those down,” Betsy said, and then one of the Wood Elves looked up at them.
“Attack,” it said and everyone drew their weapons. Adam ran forward, and slashed at the leader’s sword. Adam’s sword cut straight through the Wood Elf leader’s sword. “Retreat!” it yelled, and the Wood Elves all dropped their goods, and ran. Dan walked over, and picked all of the goods up, and gave them back tot he vendors. Anna took the few swords lying on the ground, and gave one to Adam, one to Ben, one to Dan, and kept two for herself.
“We should keep going,” Adam said. Everyone was just staring at him. Even the buyers and sellers had stopped their ‘art,’ and stared.
“What are you all looking at?” Adam asked them.
“Adam, even you and your thick brain should know that something... out of the ordinary just happened,” Ben said.
“Okay, yeah, I cut a guy’s sword in two, do you really think I want to talk about that? What if it was a family heirloom that was really important to him,” Adam said.
“He was a raider... It’s his own fault,” Lyane said.
“Whatever, I still broke it,” Adam said.
“Softy,” Ben said, pretending to cough.
“Let’s just get off of it, and go,” Adam said. The buyers and sellers looked at Adam like he was a god. A villager walked forward, and bowed in front of Adam. His clothes were tattered, and torn, he smelled as if he hadn’t taken a bath in weeks.
“The sword, where did you get that sword son?” he asked stuttering a little.
“I... I found it in on the mountain in my hometown,” Adam told him, a bit surprised.
“Let me guess, Tral? Perhaps,” the man said.
“How did you know that?” Adam asked.
“Where the champion fell,” the man said sadly.
“Sir, we’ve got to go,” Cory said, pushing him softly back.
“No, the sword,” the man said, close to tears.
“Activate it? Are you mad?” Cory whispered to him.
“But his skill will increase, we know you’re all going to fight,” the man said.
“Do you know what kind of evil could be unleashed? It’s just like rolling a dice, only one number could turn out good, the rest could have dire consequences,” Cory said.
“Would he rather die, or live to fight more evil?” the man asked.
“Okay, I just won’t tell him about the evil, but now, we must go,” Cory whispered at last. He climbed the ladder, and then opened the trap door. The light shined through, and everyone looked at them, as they climbed the ladder, and out of sight. They looked around them, and saw they were on a small island surrounded by water, with the mountain behind them, and a forest in front of them. “I wonder what happened to the few people who came out this way? This water looks pretty deep,” Cory said.
“That’s beside the point, you didn’t tell us you had the Champion’s Sword,” Betsy said. “Okay, and that is what now?” Adam asked.
“Has it been awoken yet?” Cory asked.
“Hey buddy, could you slow down, what the heck are you talking about?” Erik asked.
“Nehasha Nomoura de neska,” Cory said. Suddenly the wind picked up.
“I have no idea what that means,” Erik said.
“Ask Ben,” Jake said.
“Awaken Hope of the Sword, perfectly translated, or Awaken Sword of Hope, properly,” Ben said.
“You speak Dark Elf?” Cory asked.
“I am a Dark Elf,” Ben said.
“Yeah, laughing my head of here, everyone knows how to say that, it’s in about fifteen books that I’ve read, and I don’t read much,” Cory said.
“Nocrema Sehash Teone Mertog,” Ben said.
“... Traitor,” Cory said, and then leapt forward. Ben stuck his hand forward, and a black force shield appeared in front of him.
“Just because I’m not entirely in touch with my Dark Elf side, doesn’t mean you should mess with me. I’ve done nothing to you, you shall do nothing to me,” Ben said.
“Wait a second, wouldn’t this lake interfere with Radia?” Jake asked.
“Probably a spell, Ben said. Betsy, Lyane, and Anna fell back, and started talking amongst themselves. Cory walked over to the door, and sat down. Dan walked over to Cory, and started asking questions to no avail. Jake, Aaron, Erik, and Sara began to walk along the shore talking to each other. The lake had no waves, and looked deep.
“Yell if you find a way across,” Jake called over his shoulder. Only Adam and Ben remained.
“Come on you guys, we can only get across this if we work together,” Adam shouted. Oh, I give up,” Adam said. Ben stood silently, as Adam walked over, and sat at the edge of the lake.
“Ben, come here,” Betsy shouted. He walked over, and pulled out a bow, and an arrow. He fired it into the lake, and then it sunk to the bottom.
“Well there goes your theory,’ he told them.
“Wait, how did you know what we were thinking?” Anna asked. Ben pointed at his pointy ears.
“These aren’t just to make me look funny,” he told them. “That side, however,” he pulled out another arrow, and pointed toward the mountain. He fired, and the arrow tip stuck into the water like it was rock solid. “Is enchanted, and only accessible with a password,” he said.
“What do you mean?” Lyane asked.
“That mountain is where the rest of the Dark Elves are hiding,” Ben said.
“How do you know?” Betsy asked “, I thought you never found them again,” she said.
“I didn’t, but when I noticed you three were talking, I listened, and I heard something different, a song played on a dark elvish instrument, then, it died off,” Ben said.
“Why don’t you just run up there, and tell them to help us,” Betsy said.
“Two things wrong with idea, Adam could you come here for a second?” Ben asked.
“Yeah, what do you need?” Adam asked, running over.
“I’m trying to show these three something, could you just run over there, and stand on that little edge there?” Ben said. “Don’t worry, the water’s solid,” Ben said, after he saw the look on Adam’s face.
“Okay...” Adam said, running over. When he got to the base of the mountain, he seemed to hit an invisible wall, and bounce backward. “Ouch,” Adam said.
“Okay, you can come back now,” Ben called to him.
“That wasn’t funny,” Adam said. Ben turned, and started talking again.
“The second problem with your idea, they’re on their way down,” Ben said.
Converting /tmp/phpHyameO to /dev/stdout