Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ There and back again: Sora's Tail ❯ Dream skeam ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Tam: Hi ya, long time no see, sorry this took so long, you have no idea how stressful High school can be man, that and i was kinda distraceted, he he, DONT KILL ME PLZ, i have the whole plot worked out, its just writing it down thats a b&*0). That and i need a new beta reader, after my last one told me that and i qoute " Fanfiction is old, they never come up with something new" which is total and utter bull s8&^, trust me, ive been doing this for years, personaly i dont think she even botherd to do it in the first place.

Ril: I do agree, she was, hum how do I say this politely, oh never mind i'll be blunt, she was a flat out b#@*&.

Tam:@_@ jesus, i cant get rid of you can I ?

Ril: Nah, chick, im one of your muses.

Tam:Muses?

Ril: Yeah, you know, were kind a Roman Greek thing, goddesse's or god's of the arts.

Tam: ^_^ Oh i get it, your that demented voice in my head.

Ril: O_o, no thats your other muse.

Tam: O-O, My other muse?

Ril: Yeah, there are five of us, note that you should be thankful that she's not running the show, she fuggin nuts man.

Tam: Okkkkkk, um on with the disclaimer then.

Disclaimer: If I owned FF10 would i be writing fanfiction? Would I?

Dreams

(1):Things that get explained at the bottom of the chapter.

Chapter8: Dream skeams

Wake from your sleep, my childrenYour cradles no longer existWake from your sleep, children of FateIt is not a dream.
-FF8


*Dream*
The crescent moon shone brightly above the sleeping village, the beauty of the night shielding the devils that lie within from cautious eyes. Livestock protested the ominous night, as if they knew of the torment that would soon begin.
`Sora…`
She tossed fitfully, somehow twisting the plain inn sheets around her form.
`Sora…You hear me…I've come to warn you…`
In her dream, Sora stood in blinding light, her eyes stretching as her pupils dilated enough to leave dark rims around them. "Hello? Who's there?"
`I'm coming to you Sora…`
Sora peered into the scorching light, watching as a single pinpoint of darkness winked at her in the distant horizon. "What on earth…"
`See me Sora…See me and see your destiny…`
Sora stumbled forward, tripping over the unknown as she struggled to touch the darkness. It became marginally larger with each step, until finally she stood before a portal about her size. "What do I do?" she asked aloud. "Should I go forward…"
The light suddenly pulsed, then flashed forward, illuminating the portal Sora previously had seen. She gasped in horror; the ground she once took to be solid was nothing but a barren wasteland and the twigs and branches were the broken bodies of human, Ronso, and Guado alike, their unseeing eyes staring at her pleadingly, their agony in death evident even to Sora.
"Great goddess…"
`See your past…See your present…`
`…Step into the darkness…`
She started at the image before her, a matured version of herself lying on the ground with a dark haired…
"Who is he?"
`You have much to do Sora…`
A new immage took place of the old; a city once proud and vast, now nothing more then crumbeld ruins. BUt not just any city, this city she knew.
Zanarkand...
Once her home, now a wasteland, deserted, a hollowed out shell of its former self. Or so it seemed, on closer inspection, shadows moved with deadly intention.
Feinds amassed here by the thouseds, each cruel figure a creature of sorrow. A flash drew Sora's gaze to the sky as two bird's fought for supremacy, the first one, tawny in color was the size of a large eagle, attacked with solid hits and little acurracy. The second had the size of a raven, but was brilliant silver in color, hit lightly but accuretly and swift, for all the speed of the second or the power of the first each was equal in effectiveness.
And then suddenly with a final hit the silver one plummented towards the ground, unable to take the power of the others attacks. Sora's heart went with it, sorrow filling her as the poor creature fell.
The scene shifted, bringing her closer, close enough to see that, she had not been looking at birds at all; but people, people with wings; a small woman, and a larger man. Sora couldnt see the woman clearly, but the man was blond, beatiful, almost godlike in his glory,and yet for all his beauty, something wicked hid behind this painted mask.
The woman plummeted toward the earth, but at the last second was saved from her fate by the blond man who'd senteced her to it. Pulling her by her long silver hair he dragged her up into the sky once more and let go, doing so again and again repeatedly, and it was clear to Sora now more then ever before what hid behind the polished mask. Cruelty, cruelty so well hidden that, even the gods couldnt see it for what it truely was.
Thud, thud, thud.
"WAKE UP KID, YOUR RENTS UP"
And as simple as that Sora woke up with a snap.

* End Dream*

Sora shook her head, running her fingers through her hair, she'd barely gotten any sleep lately, thanks to her over powerful imagination.
Loud knocking continued, as a growl issued from the back of her throat, she absolutely hated her fricking land lord, but as overnosy, pinch pennieish, and as crochity as he was, he was by far the best landlord in this part of Luca. Sora's lack of gil had forced her into this situation, for as good as she was at fighting feinds, there was no way she could fight them alone, and when you fought as a group you spilt up to profit. (1)
With the pathetic group Sora fought with, low level feinds were all they could manage.
The knocking that had been rather loud and annoying to begin with, increased considerably.
"IM UP SOLEN, IM UP", Sora all but screamed, rent was due today, and if she couldnt find a rather rich feind (1), she end up sleeping in Boko's (3) stabble.
She streched, and yawned now was better the never.

O L O L O L O L O

An hour later Sora was half way out of the city and grumbling the whole way, she hadnt been able to locate any of her battle group, apparently they'd been hired on by some rich man as body guards. Regardless, she'd have to fight feinds for her rent or move.
Sora sighed and continued walking, that is until a scream grabbed her attention, in a flash Sora shifted into gear, racing toward the origan of the sound.
She saw two thugs, backing a small figure into a narrow ally, a closer look told her that the figure was a child, probably lost. So natrualy Sora did what she had needed to do several times as a child (4) she whipped out a can of whoop butt. Five minuets later, and several broken bone's later, Sora turned to the frightend scrap of humanity and sigh, this child didnt belong anywhere near here.
A slightly worn light pink dress coverd a small frame, odviosely female, and brown hair fell to cover most of the childs face, which was pale but plump, no odviouse sign of famine touched this child, even her cloths, worn as the were, had been made from good material.
"Hello my name's Sora what's yours" She said softly, but rather then being answerd she found herself on the ground, scrap of humanity stuck frimly to her.
"IMM FUMA AMB FIMM VIVE ANB A HAVE YEWRS ELD" Said a muffled voice.
"Come again dear, i didnt quiet get that" Sora said quizzicly.
The small girl lifted her head and stated clearly "Im Yuna and im five and a half years old".
"Well arent you polite" Sora said quiet pleased with little Yuna's reaction.
Fifteen minuets found the girls fast friends and well away from the slums of Luca, little Yunie perched high on her sholders.
According to what Yuna had told Sora, she had been following her fathers guardian, before lossing sight of him in the slums, they were apparently training in the woods, so rather then waste time trugging all over the city looking for something Yuna might recognize, Sora decided top kill two birds with one stone.
Simply really, drop the kid off, fin and fight feinds, easy right?
Right.

L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L
1. It's been nearly three months for her in the past; also, time in the past, passes faster then it does in the future.
2. Were do feinds get there money anyways?
3. Boko is Sora's black chocobo, i couldnt find a good way to introduce him in the last chapter, he's not realy relivent but damn it, i've always wanted a black chocobo.
4.You have to admit, Tidus was kinda wimp as a kid, and i could just see his little sister standing up for him, acting all big and bad despite the odviose lack of highet, I men honestly, you have to be somebody to handle Tidus's attitude.
Well here's the next chappy, hope your happy, i hope you find the notes at the bottom helpful, please let me know.