Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Under Different Circumstances ❯ Back Home ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Under Different Circumstances

Interlude: Back Home

By: Minamoto Miyuki

A/N: Well here's chapter three (kinda. . . since this chapter has absolutely nothing to do with the plot)! This is a record for me. Not only consistent updates but I made to a chapter three in only about 2 weeks? Wow! Well I plan on easing into all the romances nice and slowly. I don't want this to be one of those stories that are like 'I think I feel for you more than a best mate should- so lets snog our hearts out and decide whether or not'. Also this chapter takes on a humorous note after the grieving from last chapter. Next chapter will continue the flow of things.

Ummm . . . well thanks to Kokokung, Joka Joker, Girl Next Door, and AngelAtHeart for the inspiring reviews! I'd be lying if I said that I didn't live off reviews.

***

LeBlanc Syndicate

***

The boss has been gone for a while.

I don't know if we should be worrying or. . . not?

I mean sure, a break once in awhile is all fine and good in just about everyone's books, but there's only so much idle time one can intake before their dead-beat bored.

And we're no exception, that's for sure.

We've had way to much time on our hands for way to long.

And judging by some of the-er-activities we've been engaging in its tell-tale.

A couple of days a go a couple of them on guard just up and left for Luca to do only Yevon-knows-what {Another question: Who's Yevon?}.

But not much to worry there- they'll be back in a couple of days.

Ok, back to original train of thought: Where's the Boss?

The idiot Ormi was mumbling something about Nooj a couple days before the took off. . . and that. . . was a couple of days after they returned from Bevelle with the Gullwings. . . and also a couple days after all the political leaders up and vanished. . . right?

But. . . Nooj. . .was . . . a political leader? Right?

Of Youth. . . something. Youth. . . Yevon?

Yeah that must be it! {Back to the who-the-fuck-is-yevon question}

Ok I so totally know this adds up together. . . some how.

But where's the boss?

"Rosie! Stop zoning out! The patrol around the Moonflow says they saw the boss!"

(A/N: Incase you didn't notice: Rosie isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer)

***

Youth League: Maroda

***

Meyvn Nooj sure has been gone for awhile.

He better get back before I throttle Yaibal in his sleep.

Sure Yaibal has his uses. But that guy is so energetic it wears me out just watching him. I think Lucil and Elma agree with that sentiment.

And Maechen has been taking up the fine habit of popping up on me when I least expect it. Now Maechen, sometimes I wonder if he's faking the whole scatter brain thing.

So far I've heard how 'pyreflies' aren't really 'flies' like a thousand times now. Pyreflies now inhabit both my waking and conscious thoughts.

To begin with I'd just ignore it and make sure I didn't step or sit on the old man when he chose to pop in. But now I'm not taking such precautions. If he gets stepped on it's for the better.

Ok its not only pyreflies that are bugging me but he also keeps reciting stories about summoners of old. Among those are Isaaru. Now the thing with that is Isaaru hardly did anything, and he sure as hell wasn't high summoner. Yet again leads to the thought that the man is faking it and he just wants to make my life a living hell.

Him and Yaibal.

Speaking of Yaibal. . . what did he just say? The Gullwings are here?

Maybe they know something about Nooj.

***

Machine Faction

***

"Gippal's been gone for awhile."

"Well when is he not? Gone that is."

"Good point. . . ."

***

Bevelle

***

Praetor Baralai has been absent for quite sometime.

Makes me wonder why we elected him for the position in the first place.

I knew when he was first given the position it would be bad news. I mean granting the position leader to a child?

Now nothing against Praetor Baralai. . . but its hardly wise to place an inexperienced Youth with such a responsibility. I mean just look at those dogs over there in the 'Youth' League.

They have absolutely no idea of what they are doing. And the only thing they are doing is fighting among themselves now that the Lady Yuna told them off for seeking a war with us.

Blood thirsty mongrels.

And alas, to put and end to my thoughts: The Praetor has returned.

Now what's the leader of the 'Machine' Faction doing here?

***

A/N: Like I said in the note at the top: this chapter takes a more humorous note. Now to clear up some things: Rosie is stupid, Maroda is about to blow, Nothing really new with the Machine Faction and the hard-ass, stiff-neck Yevonites are blaming things on everyone but themselves and Yevon. Bastards. Please review and the next chapter will go back to the natural flow of angst, death, and romance.