Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Until The Day I Die: A Squikku and Tiduna Story ❯ Gippal's Girl / Class Mission ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 2: GIPPAL'S GIRL/ CLASS MISSION



Tidus walked into gym, looking for Squall. He was able to have the new genius 9th grader, Shinra, hack into a computer to find where Gippal was now residing. Him and his family moved to the Djose Temple to start working on more machina secretly with other Al Bhed, also digging in Bikanel Desert for rare machina parts.

"Squall!" Tidus yelled, noticing Squall lifting weights as a bunch of giggling schoolgirls stood around him.

Squall looked up to see Tidus smiling and waving a piece of paper around, "We got him!" He yelled.

Squall, smiled, picking up a towel to wipe his sweat off, "Name the place and time."

"Djose Temple, 8:00, good for you?" Tidus asked. Squall nodded, getting up to go to the showers.

SURVIVAL CLASS


"As you all know, since you are all Juniors or Seniors, You will be paired with a partner of the opposite sex and sent on an important mission in some parts of Spira." Mr. Omni said. It was last hour and they were in Survival class. The class mostly consisted of students who's parents had a history of heroism or had possible potential to protect Spira. "This isn't gonna be easy or fun and games so I expect you guys and girls to take it serious, ok?"

Lulu raised her hand. "Yes, Ms. Lulu." Mr. Omni said, spotting her.

"Is it true the guys get to pick which female they want with them?" She asked.

"Well...yes, but you see it's..."

"Sexism, that's what it is." Lulu interrupted angrily.

"No..."

"Aw, c'mon, Lulu, ya know it's best if we choose which girl we have to protect." Wakka smiled, putting his feet on Yuna's desk.

"Protect?! Not all women need protection. I can kick your orange-haired butt any day!" Lulu said, angrily shoving Wakka's feet off Yuna's desk, "And keep your feet on the floor!"

"Ouch, Lu!" Wakka said, sitting up straight, "Yuna wasn't complaining!"

"Yuna never complains!" Lulu responded.

"I'm right here you guys!" Yuna said, offended.

"Guys, settle down..."

"Your little black magic ain't gonna save you from the fiends, Lulu." Squall said, playing with his charm.

Lulu glared at him, "You don't know shit about my black magic. If you wanna see what I can do, how bout I show you a demonstration right now?!"

"Geez, Lulu," Squall said, not even glancing up at her, "if you wanna ask me out that's all you gotta say."

"What?!" Lulu gasped, "Yeah right! No way in hell!"

"That's enough!" Mr. Omni said, looking at Squall and Lulu. Squall smirked as Lulu fumed with anger. "As I was saying, it's not sexism, Lulu. It's tradition. Plus we all know the males are the ones that usually are in charge anyways."

"Oh poopie!" Rikku spoke up, "That's because you guys never give us a chance!"

"Rikku..."

"Yeah! And the females do a lot too!" Yuna yelled.

"Yuna..."

"That may be true but the females are there to help the males." Tidus said, smiling at Yuna. Yuna, in return, turned her head quickly so he wouldn't see her blush.

"Of course we help! That's the only thing you'll let us do!" Rikku said, glaring at Tidus.

"You'll just get in the way." Squall said, glancing up at Rikku, "they always get in the way."

"Everyone gets in your way, Squall!" Rikku sneered, "You're Mr. I-wanna-be-alone."

"Got that right." Squall smiled, making Rikku madder.

"Oui'na y lulgo pycdynt! (You're a cocky bastard!)" Rikku said, sticking out her tongue at him.

Squall sat up straight, narrowing his eyes at her angrily. He didn't know what she said, but he knew it was offending. "What you say about me?!" He asked.

Yuna began giggling, causing Squall to turn his glare to her, "What she say about me?!"

"Nothing." Yuna said with a small smile.

"I think we found our six candidates." Mr. Omni said, looking at the six of them, "You guys just need to choose your girls."

"WHAT?!" They all yelled, looking at him.

"You guys will do. Squall, Wakka, and Tidus just need to pick what girl they wanna take with them."

"Mr. Omni, you can't be serious! Did you just not hear us argue?!" Yuna asked, outraged.

Mr. Omni nodded, smiling, "I did. That's also the point of your missions. You must be paired up with your complete opposite. Two halves make a whole..."

"We know that, we ain't stupid." Tidus said angrily, "but why them?! They're evil little witches!"

"Who you calling evil, Chocobo-hair?!" Rikku asked angrily.

"Chocobo hair?!"

"If any one's being unreasonable or a jerk it's you three!" Yuna said.

"The doormat speaks, ya?" Wakka smiled.

"No one calls MY cousin a doormat!" Rikku yelled angrily, picking up Tidus' blitzball and hitting Wakka in the head with it.

"Ouch ya dirty Al Bhed..."

"Firaga!" Lulu shouted, setting Wakka's feet on fire.

"No fair man!" Tidus yelled, "Two against one!"

"Esuna!" Squall said, making the fire on Wakka disappear.

"You know white magic!?" Yuna asked, shocked.

"Mostly cures." Squall said, looking at Wakka, "Next time keep your mouth shut."

"They started it." Wakka muttered, angrily, looking at Rikku and Lulu.

"If we're done attacking eachother. You got till tomorrow to choose your partner, guys. Good luck, class dismissed." Mr. Omni said, glad that class was over before a huge war started.

"Geez," Lulu got up and gathered her stuff, "want me to have dinner ready for them too?"

"That'll be nice." Wakka smiled, getting up.

"Stop!" Lulu shouted, causing Wakka to stand still. Lulu, Yuna, and Rikku smiled and walked out the classroom.

"I told you to keep your mouth shut, man." Squall sighed, looking at Wakka.

DJOSE TEMPLE

"One thing's for sure, I can't be with Rikku." Wakka said as they drove to Djose Temple. It took an hour to get that spell off of him and he was feeling dizzy because of the after affects.

"And why not?" Squall asked, watching the road. It was dark and he knew how stray chocobos would jump out of nowhere. He didn't want to hit one...again. He felt bad the first time he did, he had to admit that the gigantic birds were kind of...cute.

"She's Al Bhed, enough said." Wakka responded, holding an ice pack to his forehead.

"Lay off it, Wakka. Al Bhed's aren't the devil. Why do you hate them so much?" Tidus asked.

"I don't have to explain myself." Wakka replied, angrily.

"That leaves you with Lulu then. Since Yuna's half Al Bhed." Squall said, glancing at Wakka through the rear view mirror.

Wakka looked shocked and frightened at first, "Ah...whatever. I can handle Lulu." He responded cooly.

"You mean she can handle you." Tidus laughed, causing Wakka to glare at him.

"Who you want, Tidus?" Squall asked, turning down a road to drive towards a big temple.

"Um...I prefer Yuna..." They looked at Tidus with a smile, "because...Mr. Omni said we have to be with our opposites right?! Rikku and I are too much alike. Plus Rikku is Squall's complete opposite." Tidus said, trying to explain himself.

"Got that right." Wakka said, agreeing with Tidus, "but that's not the real reason ya wanna be with Yuna, Brudda."

"Yes it is!"

"Whatever." Squall said, "I'll take Rikku. I know how to handle her. Plus this whole asking her ex-boyfriend questions will help me. There's no way I'm failing this mission."

TARGET PRACTICE

BANG! BANG! Rikku quickly sat up from her bed, hearing gun shots. She glanced at her clock, 8: 35 p.m. 'I went to sleep way too early.' She thought, rubbing her eyes. BANG! She jumped, hearing another gun shot. She hated that sound almost more then lightning and thunder...almost.

She looked at Yuna's side of the room to see if she was awake too, but Yuna wasn't there. 'Odd..' Rikku pushed the covers off of her and looked out her bedroom window to see Yuna in the backyard with a gun. 'Yunie?! With a gun?! But she's a summoner...' Rikku quickly ran out her room to join Yuna in the backyard.

Yuna aimed the gun at the cardboard Cactuar. Once she got it perfectly aimed at it's head, she pulled the trigger, successfully shooting it in between the eyes.

"Wow, Yunie! You're good!" Rikku said, walking up to her.

"Hey, Rikku!" Yuna smiled, turning to face her cousin, "Did I wake you?"

"Aw, no." Rikku said, examining Yuna's guns, "I shouldn't have been sleeping anyways. It's early."

"Oh, so..you know my secret now."

"You like guns? Since when? I thought you were all about summoning."

"I am...but eventually I won't need the aeons anymore...I've always been kinda interested in guns."

"Your secret's safe with me, Yunie!" Rikku smiled, "plus if your so good at it I bet that'll be your choosen weapon for the mission."

"You really think so?!" Yuna asked, hopefully.

"Of course, Yunie!" Rikku grabbed Yuna's hands, jumping up and down, "Those big, bad fiends better watch out because we're gonna kick some major butt!"

Yuna smiled and began jumping too, "Yeah! I wonder who our partners are gonna be."

GIPPAL

"You guys can wait out here. I'll talk to Gippal, got it?" Squall asked while approaching the door.

"Who died and made you boss?" Tidus asked, "Oh wait, I forgot. You're Squall Leonhart, born leader."

"I ain't no leader, I just don't want you two idiots to do anything stupid." Squall said, knocking on the door.

"Hey!" Tidua and Wakka yelled.

Squall heard shuffling and movement coming from inside the temple.

"Um...who is it?!" He heard a voice ask.

"Squall Leonhart. Is Gippal here? I gotta ask him some questions." Squall replied.

The door opened alittle, revealing a shirtless Al Bhed guy, with spikey yellow hair and an eye patch.

"Sorry, thought you were someone else...how may I help you?" Gippal asked.

"Can I come in?" Squall asked, eye-balling the Al Bhed suspiciously.

"Um.." The Al Bhed looked behind himself then back at Squall, "Sure, what about your friends?"

"What about them?" Squall asked back, walking into the temple and closing the door.

"Hey!" Wakka and Tidus yelled.

"He's a horrible friend." Tidus sighed.

"Got that right....Hey, Squall! Where you going?!" Wakka yelled as he saw a figure dressed in black leather run past them.

"Um, Wakka, that wasn't Squall." Tidus said.

"And how do you know?"

"Because that person had boobs!" Tidus responded, "It seems our lil Al Bhed friend has a lil girlfriend. Rikku's not gonna like this."

Squall was in the temple showing Gippal a picture of Rikku. Gippal examined the picture he gave him. "Yeah, I know this girl. This is Cid's girl." He responded happily.

"Her name's Rikku." Squall said, looking at all the machina walk around.

"I know that. How do you know Rikku? You a boyfriend or something?" Gippal asked, examining Squall carefully.

"Huh?!" Squall asked, shocked, "no I'm not a boyfriend! I just met the girl myself!"

"Oh," Gippal smiled, looking relieved, "You don't look like her type anyways."

"What's that suppose to mean?!" Squall asked offended.

"Calm down, man." Gippal smiled, "I'm just saying. You're all dark looking. Rikku's a real hyperactive girl. You couldn't keep up with her."

"Look, I didn't come here to ask you if I was worthy of dating her. I just need to know some info about her...like is she a good fighter?"

"Terrific. She kicked my butt a couple of times." Gippal smiled, remembering the times Rikku and him had their daily tournaments.

Squall spotted a black bra on the floor, "Yours?" He asked pointing to the object.

Gippal turned red and quickly picked it up, stuffing it in a machina, "That's my friend's...she must've left it when...uh...she was..."

Squall rolled his eyes, placing the picture back in his pocket, "Whatever. You know what, I'll just find out for myself." He said as he headed towards the door.

"Oh, tell Rikku I'm gonna write her soon!" Gippal yelled as Squall closed the door.

"Dude, Rikku's getting played." Tidus said as Squall walked out the temple.

"I know. Let's go before I do something I regret." Squall said, walking towards the car.

Tidus and Wakka followed him, wondering what he meant when he said that.

COMPUTER/WEAPON LAB

"I got mail from Gippal!!!" Rikku shouted as she logged onto her computer. It's been two weeks since he's left.

"Really?!" Yuna asked, perking up too. It's about time he wrote to her, to at least let her know where he was at and what he was doing.

"Yup!" Rikku smiled, reading the mail happily.

"You think he's gonna tell her?" Tidus asked, sitting down next to Squall.

Squall shrugged, watching Rikku's huge grin go away. "I guess he told her." Wakka said.

"What's wrong, Rikku?" Lulu asked with concern, walking up behind Rikku.

"He has a new 'friend'." Rikku responded, not taking her eyes off the screen.

"That's good...right?" Yuna asked, looking at the screen too.

"It's a girl." Rikku responded, quickly turning off her computer, placing her head in her hands.

"Oh, Rikku..." Yuna pulled Rikku into a comforting hug.

"Wow, little miss sunshine can cry?" Wakka asked, watching the scene.

"Shut up, Wakka." Squall said, also watching Yuna and Rikku. He got up and walked towards the girls.

"What is he doing?!" Tidus asked, confused.

"It's time you girls know who we choosed." Squall said, approaching the girls.

Yuna and Lulu glared at him as Rikku remained silent. "Can't you see we're in the middle of something?!" Lulu asked angrily.

"I think this is more important then your little boyfriend problems." Squall responded, looking at Rikku who was looking at the floor.

"How dare you...."

"No, you guys, Squall's right. This mission is important." Rikku said, looking up with a smile.

'Ok, wasn't she just crying alittle while ago?!...Is this girl on anti-depressants or something?' Squall thought as he looked at Rikku in confusion.

Yuna and Lulu were equally confused and shocked as they seen 'perky Rikku' come back.

"Fine, master. Which of you apes will I have to serve?" Lulu asked angrily, crossing her arms and giving Squall a death glare.

Squall ignored her comment and glare, still wondering how Rikku can change her mood so quickly.

"That'll be me, Lu." Wakka smiled, approaching them.

Lulu scowled at him, "You have got to be kidding me! I can't be alone with him! I almost killed him last time!" She complained, looking at Squall and begging him to change his mind.

"Who do I get?" Yuna asked curiously. She really didn't mind who it was, she got along with all of them. Even though she saw Tidus check out her chest and butt sometimes.

"Me." Tidus smiled, sitting next to her, "And I assure you, you'll have a great time."

"If you try anything immoral, I'm gonna shoot you, got it?" Yuna asked, giving Tidus a warning.

Tidus gulped and scooted alittle bit away from her, "Yes, ma'am."

"That leaves me with you, right, Squall?" Rikku asked looking up at Squall.

"Uh...yeah. You girls will get the weapons while we find out where our locations will be, ok?" Squall asked, watching as Yuna and Rikku nodded snd Lulu rolled her eyes.

"This is gonna be fun!" Rikku jumped up, almost tripping over her chair as she ran to the weapon room.

Squall watched her in confusion, turning to Yuna, "She gonna be ok?" He asked with concern.

Yuna shrugged, looking at her cousin with concern, "I have no idea."

LOCATIONS

"Ok, Squall, you and Rikku will be helping out at the Thunder Plains." Mr. Omni said, printing out their missions on paper.

"Thunder Plains?!" Yuna asked in fear, approaching them.

"What's wrong with the Thunder Plains?" Tidus asked, grabbing his sword from Yuna, as she placed her guns in her belt.
"Rikku has astraphobia." Yuna explained, "badly, had it ever since she was a little kid. She'll freak out if she has to go there."
"Shit." Squall muttered.
"What's that?" Wakka asked, confused.
"It's a fear of thunder and lightning you dimwit." Lulu said, handing Wakka his weapon, "Mr. Omni, can you please give them a new place?"
"I'm sorry. I know she has that fear, that's why I'm giving them this mission. It's time she overcome it." Mr. Omni responded, handing Squall the papers.
Squall didn't grab the papers, "I want a new mission." He said, refusing to take this mission.
"Excuse me?" Mr. Omni asked in shock.
"She's terrified of thunder and lightning. Send us to the Bikanel Desert instead. She's Al Bhed, it'll be a better mission for us." Squall said.
Yuna, Lulu, Tidus, and Wakka looked at Squall in confusion. Was he actually standing up for Rikku?! He barely knows the girl.
"Take the mission, Squall. Rikku needs to overcome her fear."
"No. I don't want to go somewhere where my partner's gonna be freaking out. Give us Bikanel Desert."
"Mr. Leonhart, I told you..."
"I'm terrified of sand." Squall interrupted, crossing his arms, ignoring the snickers from Wakka and Tidus.
"You're afraid of sand?!" Mr. Omni asked disbelieving.
"Horrified. It's so brown and....it's everywhere. Scares the shit out of me." Squall said as Yuna and Lulu busted out in laughter.
"Fine. Have it your way, Bikanel Desert it is." Mr. Omni sighed, handing Squall a new mission.
Squall accepted the mission happily as Mr. Omni walked out the room.
"SAND?! Aw, man that's priceless!" Tidus laughed, holding on to a chair so he wouldn't fall over from laughter.
"Ya, man! The Great Lionheart, afraid of...SAND!" Wakka laughed. Lulu and Yuna glared at them.
"Thank you soo much, Squall! Rikku would've died if she had to go there." Yuna smiled, "I'm sure she'd appreciate you..."
"Don't tell her I did this for her." Squall interrupted.
"Why not?" Lulu asked with a small smile, "afraid she'll think you like her or something?"
"No...just don't ok?!" Squall said angrily.
"Ok, ok, calm down." Wakka said, bouncing his blitzball around, "We know you couldn't fall for Rikku anyways."
"What's wrong with Rikku?!" Yuna asked angrily.
"Nothing, man. But she's not meant for Squall." Wakka responded, twirling the blitzball on one finger.
"Whatever, I ain't looking for a relationship." Squall said, reading over his mission.
"That's not what you told Calli." Tidus smiled.
"Calli?! You'll go out with Calli but not Rikku?! Rikku is ten times better then..." Lulu stopped as she watched Rikku walk in holding a big box.
"What's that?" Yuna asked as Squall helped Rikku with the box.
"I got it." Rikku smiled at Squall, getting on her knees, "I present to the Great Lionheart, his gunblade!" She said as she opened the box, revealing the weapon.
Everyone examined the weapon in awe as Squall picked it up, "I've waited for this day my whole life." He smiled.
"Holy chocobos!" Rikku smiled, "Squall's smiling! He's actually happy!"
Squall glared at her then smiled, "What you get?" He asked curiously.
Rikku smiled, revealing her daggers, spinning them around, "They're brand new and very sharp too!"
"Watch where you're twirling those, ya?!" Wakka said, backing away from her.
"So..." Rikku asked, stepping to Squall's side, "where we going?"
"Bikanel Desert." Squall replied, not looking away from his gunblade. He felt the gunblade be pushed away as Rikku wrapped her arms around him happily.
"This is gonna be sooo fun!" She shrieked, hugging him tighter.
Squall felt uncomfortable, as Yuna, Lulu, Wakka, and Tidus smiled at him.
"Yeah...fun..." He sighed.