Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Until The Day I Die: A Squikku and Tiduna Story ❯ School Problems & Dance ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 8: SCHOOL PROBLEMS & DANCE
Lulu walked into Rikku's and Yuna's room to find them gossiping and giggling, they stopped once they seen her walk in. She was obviously confused about their change of attitude, they seemed so depressed at the beach.
"Hiya, Lu!" Rikku greeted, cheerfully, "How was the beach?"
Lulu looked at them in suspicion, they were awkwardly cheery, well she was use to Rikku being this way, but not Yuna. "It was fine," Lulu replied, "Once you two left so did Squall and Tidus. Leaving me with Wakka."
"Oh really!" Yuna smiled, sitting up on the bed, giving Lulu a knowing look, "And what did you two do?"
Lulu rolled her eyes, "None of your business. Why'd you two leave anyways?"
Yuna looked at Rikku who was looking back at Yuna, "We got something so cool in the mail today!" Rikku shrieked, happily grabbing an envelope off the bed and putting it in Lulu's face.
"You didn't answer the-"
"There's gonna be a school dance, Lulu!" Yuna interrupted happily, "Rikku and I think we should all go, what you think?"
"Why are you guys-"
"It'll be fun!" Rikku interrupted, "We'll dance, sing, and PARTY!"
Lulu sighed, knowing they weren't going to answer her question, "Are we gonna be going with anyone?"
"Huh?" Yuna asked, confused.
"Are we going with anyone? You know, dates?" Lulu asked, watching as Rikku and Yuna stared at eachother dumbly again.
"I haven't thought about that..." Yuna said, looking down.
"Me neither," Rikku said, scratching her head, "We'll find dates! It shouldn't be hard...Lulu's already got Tubby!"
"Stop saying that I have 'Tubby'! His name is Wakka!" Lulu yelled angrily, "Er...I mean..."
"You DO like him!" Yuna said, bouncing on the bed, "LULU LIKES WAKKA!"
"Would you stop that?" Lulu asked, "You're starting to act like Rikku."
"Lulu likes Wakka! Lulu likes Wakka!" Rikku sang, dancing around, as Yuna continued bouncing up and down.
"No, seriously, what the hell are you two taking?" Lulu asked, "Weren't you guys all sad at the beach? Now you're...hyper."
"Uh huh," Yuna agreed, "We were...but we decided to keep that in the past. We're young, attractive, and ready to PAR-TAY!" She jumped up and ran to a bag, pulling out a chocolate bar, "Plus we got Rikku's secret candy and caffiene stash to make us feel better!"
"That's why you guys are bouncing off the walls," Lulu said, "You're filled with caffiene and sugar."
"Nothing makes you feel better then chocolate!" Rikku smiled.
"Fine," Lulu said, wanting to take their stash and throw it out the window, "About the dance: Why don't Rikku just go with Squall and Yuna with Tidus?"
Yuna and Rikku stopped moving around, turning to look at Lulu angrily. "Thanks for ruining our buzz, Lulu!" Yuna said, throwing a candy bar at Lulu and walking into the bathroom.
"What I do?" Lulu asked, confused, "I thought you guys liked Squall and Tidus? I thought you said they were good and caring guys?"
Rikku looked away so Lulu wouldn't see the pain in her eyes, "You were right, Lu. There's no way we can get them to show their emotion."
Lulu looked at her, crossing her arms over her chest, "So this is all about Squall and Tidus? The leaving the beach, the chocolate and caffiene?"
"I don't wanna talk about it." Rikku replied, still not looking at her.
"Rikku, what happened? You guys were so happy earlier...I need to know what happened!"
"Can we just drop it?" Rikku asked desperately, "Like you said before: I can do better, and I tend to, ok?"
Lulu nodded, sensing this subject was too depressing for Rikku, "Ok, I'll drop it. So...what we wearing to the dance?"
Rikku perked up, smiling at Lulu, "Oh Yunie! Lulu wants to know what we're gonna wear to the dance!" She yelled.
The bathroom door swung open, Yuna came out holding a bunch of magazines, smiling happily at Lulu and Rikku, "Lulu, I'm glad you asked!"
BESAID HIGH
"Bruddas, you two left a fun party!" Wakka said, walking down the hall with Squall and Tidus.
"Party?" Tidus asked, "It was you and Lulu playing volleyball...what's so fun about that?"
"It was Lulu!" Wakka smiled, "That's what's so fun...why do you think Yuna and Rikku left so early?"
"Shut up." Squall and Tidus said at the same time.
"Geez, Bruddas," Wakka said, scratching his head, "It was just a question, no need to get all angry, ya?"
"We just don't want to talk about it, ok?" Tidus explained because he knew Squall wouldn't, "Everything that happened before this day is in the past."
"You're starting to sound more and more like Squall everyday, Brudda." Wakka said, shaking his head, "I don't need two Squalls."
"Shit!" Squall muttered, quickly turning around. He spotted Calli down the hall, hopping around and telling her friends something excitedly. He had one good guess what it was too: The Besaid High dance. Ever since school began she's been bothering him about it until one day he agreed to go with her. Promising her that they'd be the best couple there and win the crowns. He didn't even wanna go anymore, especially with her. She was annoying, and not a good annoying like Rikku, but the kind of annoying that made him wanna grab his gunblade and kill himself.
"Hey, there's Calli!" Wakka said, pointing to her.
"I know!" Squall whispered, smacking his arm down, "Stop pointing, dumbass!"
"Too late." Tidus smiled, watching as Calli ran towards them. She was practically foaming at the mouth.
"Fuck, fuck, fuck..." Squall muttered over again until he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. He turned around to find Calli smiling up at him. "What?" He asked, not returning the smile.
"We need to start discussing our plans for the dance, Squall!" She said, pushing magazines in his hands.
"What's this?" Squall asked, looking down at the magazines in confusion.
"You and your little friends are gonna look at the circled things in there and buy it for us." Calli replied, pulling out a mirror to check her hair.
"What you mean 'little friends'?" Tidus asked angrily, "We ain't going with you!"
"I ain't buying you shit!" Squall replied, throwing down the magazines.
"Yes you ARE! You promised!" Calli yelled, she turned to glare and Tidus and Wakka, "And you two are going with MY FRIENDS! Wakka with Dona and Tidus with Leblanc."
"I can care less if I promised, I ain't going." Squall said, crossing his arms. She wasn't important to him, not important enough for him to keep a promise to.
"And I'm going with Lulu!" Wakka said.
"You can't just volunteer us to go with your slutty friends!" Tidus yelled.
"First of all, YES YOU ARE GOING, SQUALL!" Calli screamed, causing people to look at her cause a scene, "And I wouldn't be so sure the witch is gonna be going with you, Wakka, I heard that little Al Bhed freak found her and her loser friends some dates already."
"Lulu already has a date?" Wakka asked, shocked. He thought that him and Lulu were gonna become an official couple after all the time they've spent together.
"Al Bhed freak?" Squall asked, "Are you talking about Rikku?"
Calli rolled her eyes, "Are there anymore loser Al Bheds in this school? Other then her half-breed cousin?"
"Don't talk about Yuna like that!" Tidus yelled, angrily, "She's 10 times the woman you'll ever be!"
"Geez, calm down, Tidus." Calli said, rolling her eyes, "I told you she has a date already. Her fiancee...what's his name?..."
Tidus turned pale, "Seymour?' He asked, feeling sick.
"That's it!" Calli smiled.
"And Rikku? What about her?" Squall asked, "She's got someone?"
"What do you care?" Calli asked snottily, "You're MY date!"
"Stop being a bitch and tell me!" Squall yelled impatiently, "Does Rikku have a date?"
Calli stepped back alitte, "Well...yeah...Zex asked her so she said yes."
"I fucked up..." Squall muttered softly, looking to the ground.
The tardy bell rang, causing people to rush to their classes. "See ya later, honey." Calli smiled, walking away.
"I told you I hate her." Tidus said, gritting his teeth in anger.
"Get me my gunblade." Squall replied, not looking up.
"You can't kill her, Brudda!" Wakka said, glancing around, making sure no one was listening to their conversation.
"It's not for her, it's for me." Squall said, looking up, "I'm gonna kill myself before the dance so I don't have to take her."
"No way, man!" Tidus said, "You ain't getting off so easily and leaving us to suffer."
DOWN THE HALL
"I'm sorry, Lu, but Yunie and I have dates and you needed one and..."
"I don't wanna go with Beckem!" Lulu complained, crossing her arms and looking away with a mad snarl, "He's sooo egotistical!"
"I told you to ask Wakka but you kept saying 'Never in a million years' so now you got Beckem." Yuna said, "We're sorry, Lu, but we promised him you'd go with him."
"That's just it!" Lulu replied, glaring at them, "You two promised! Not me!"
"Aww, don't be that way, Lulu!" Rikku pleaded, "It's just for one night! Please? Yunie and I really need a night of fun!"
Lulu sighed, looking at Yuna's and Rikku's pleading faces, "Fine."
"YES!" Yuna and Rikku cheered, jumping up and down, dancing in a circle. People began looking at them with amused looks on their faces, but Rikku and Yuna didn't notice.
Yuna stopped dancing, pulling Lulu into a tight hug, "Thanks a bunch, Lu! You won't regret it! We swear!"
"See, Dona, I told you they were lesbos." Calli said, as her, Dona, and Leblanc walked past them.
"Shut up, Calli!" Lulu snarled, "Why don't you and your little friends go apply another pound of make-up and make yourselves appear impossibly more sluttier?"
Calli, Dona, and Leblanc gasped, turning to look at Yuna, Rikku, and Lulu agrily.
"I wouldn't be talking, witch!" Dona sneered, "With all your black and purple fugly make-up and that Al Bhed's disgusting attire!"
"Hey!" Rikku yelled offended, "I may dress revealing but at least I know what my limits are! I don't put hooker clothes on and throw myself at boys letting them cop a free feel!"
"The only guy I ever let cop a feel is my date, Squall!" Calli yelled angrily, "You're just jealous because we get boys!"
Rikku stopped to stare at her, pain in her eyes, "Date?...Squall?...Squall's taking you to the dance?"
"Rikku..." Yuna said, sensing her cousin's sadness.
Calli smiled teasingly, sensing Rikku's sadness too, "That's right, Squall! He even promised me and everything! We're gonna be the best couple there-"
"You're lieing!" Rikku yelled, trying to hold onto her emotions, "Squall wouldn't...he would never..."
"Rikku, it's ok." Yuna said, stroking her cousin's hair comfortingly, "I advise you to leave, now." She sneered, glaring at the other girls.
"What you gonna do if we don't, love?" Leblanc asked, teasingly, getting in Yuna's face, "You're nothing but a half-breed unwanted loser. No wonder Tidus asked me to the dance and not you."
Yuna's eyes widened in shock and pain. 'Tidus asked Leblanc to the dance...?' Yuna thought, 'He's allowed to date whomever he wants...but why her? And why do I feel my heart breaking still? Tidus is his own person...he can do what he wants...'
"I suggest you back down, Leblanc." Lulu said, her voice low and dangerous, "You and your little friends are just digging yourselves deeper."
Dona got in Lulu's face, placing her hands on her hips, glaring into her red eyes, "Or what? You and your little posse of losers aren't gonna do shit."
Lulu looked at Yuna, who was pleading with her eyes for Lulu not to do anything. Lulu, not wanting to upset Yuna anymore then she already was, nodded to her request, holding onto her building anger.
"That's what I thought," Dona said, giving Lulu a knowing smile, "Anyways, Wakka needs a real woman. Not some moogle-loving freak!"
'That's it!' Rikku's had enough of these three girls intimidating them. How could the boys do this to them? How could Squall do this to her? These girls were the most bitchiest, sluttiest, most kaniving people in the school...probably in whole Spira! She wasn't gonna just stand there and take their insults anymore.
Rikku clenched her fist and swung, just like Squall taught her, punching Leblanc right in the jaw, "TUH'D DYMG YPUID RAN MEGA DRYD! (DON'T TALK ABOUT HER LIKE THAT!)" She yelled as Leblanc fell to the floor with a loud thump.
Calli stared at Rikku in shock and anger, "BITCH!" She hissed, smacking Rikku across the face hard.
Rikku rubbed her cheek angrily, glaring up at her about to pounce until she felt Yuna grab her, holding her back.
"Rikku, no!" Yuna cried out, holding onto Rikku tightly, "We're better then this! Let's just walk away-"
"She SMACKED me, Yunie!" Rikku shouted, trying to grab Calli, "Who's side are you on! Let me go!"
"That's right," Calli smiled, arrogantly, as Dona tried to help Leblanc up, "Listen to your half-breed cousin-"
Yuna let Rikku go, quickly tackling Calli to the ground and constantly smacking her face from side to side, "I HAVE A NAME, BITCH!" She screamed, grabbing Calli's hair and pulling it, banging her head against the floor.
"No fair, Yunie!" Rikku pouted, "I wanted her!" Rikku shrugged, looking at a shocked Dona.
Dona noticed Rikku looking at her, "Rikku...I'm sorry about..." She didn't get to finish, Rikku quickly punched her, knocking her to the ground and settling ontop of her to attack her some more.
"This is more like it!" Lulu smiled, grabbing Leblanc by the hair to finish the job Rikku started.
People in the hall began noticing the fight. They surrounded the girls, cheering and shouting encouragement.
Squall, Tidus, and Wakka noticed the commotion down the hall, trying to peek over the crowd but having no luck. That's when Squall saw it: a familiar bright-colored yellow head. '...Rikku...? No, it can't be...why would she be fighting?' Squall thought, pushing through the crowd to get a better view.
"Yuna?" Tidus asked, spotting Yuna and Calli rolling around on the floor, "Yuna!" He ran to grab the two girls off of eachother.
Wakka watched in shock as Lulu banged Leblanc's head against the locker repeatedly, Leblanc almost losing consciousness. 'I should stop her before she kills the girl.' Wakka thought, 'But Lu looks damn good when she's kicking butt!'
Dona pulled Rikku's hair as Rikku punched her. She was about to start choking her until she felt two familiar arms pull her up, holding her back. Rikku noticed Yuna and Lulu being held back too, struggling against Tidus's and Wakka's strong holds.
"Lemme go!" Rikku yelled, trying to get to Dona again, "Just give me two minutes! Then I'll be done!"
"Rikku," Squall said, leaning towards Rikku's ear, "Calm down, please."
"Squall?" Rikku asked softly, relaxing in his arms.
Squall nodded, his head resting on her shoulder, "Are you ok? What happened?"
"They-"
"Lulu, Yuna, and Rikku!" They watched as the principal walked towards them, an angry and disappointed look on his face.
"Oh shit." Lulu muttered, relaxing in Wakka's arms, and looking at the floor, "We're in big trouble aren't we?"
Yuna looked at the principal in fear, "Oh gawd!" She sighed, Tidus still holding onto her, "This can't be good."
Rikku stared at Yuna's and Lulu's scratched up faces, then at the principal who glared angrily at the three of them, "Hiya...Mr. Percy!" She greeted, cheerily, as Squall lifted his head up to look at the principal too.
"My office. Now!" He roared angrily, as Dona, Calli, and Leblanc weakenly got off the floor.
"But-"
"Don't talk, Yuna, just go!" Mr. Percy interrupted, he looked at the boys, "You guys can release them now."
Tidus, Wakka, and Squall reluctantly released the girls.
"MY FACE!" Dona cried out, "LOOK WHAT SHE DID TO MY FACE!" She pointed to her busted lip, nose, and black eye.
"How are WE suppose to go to the dance looking like THIS?" Calli shouted, glaring angrily at the principal.
"You sooo better suspend them!" Leblanc yelled, "Especially her!" She pointed to Rikku who was looking at the floor.
"Lay off it, Leblanc," Tidus said, "You guys were fighting too."
"Self-defense, ASSHOLE!" Calli yelled, glaring at him then at Yuna, "You're gonna get yours, bitch!"
Lulu was about to attack her until Mr. Percy grabbed her by the arm, "Let's go, girls." He said, dragging Lulu away. Yuna sighed, holding her head down, following them. She didn't want to look at Tidus, she felt ashamed.
"Yuna!" Tidus called out, but she didn't stop.
Rikku was about to walk away until Leblanc got in her way, "You punched me! I advise you to watch your little Al Bhed back, love."
Squall got between them, glaring down at Leblanc, "You do anything to hurt her, and you will regret it. Don't even make threats." He said, his tone low but full with anger.
Leblanc looked at him in shock, "But...but Squall! She punched me!" She stuttered.
"I can care less what she did to you." Squall replied, "It's what happens to her I care about."
"Asshole!" Leblanc muttered, walking away angrily, Dona and Calli following.
Squall sighed, turning around to look at Rikku, "Rikku, we need to-"
"I don't need your help, mister!" Rikku interrupted angrily, "I can handle Leblanc myself, thank you very much!"
"Rikku-"
"Good bye, Squall." Rikku interrupted, walking past him and to the office.
Squall placed his head in his hand, sighing frustratedly.
"It seems we're all in trouble when it comes to those girls, ya?" Wakka said, looking at Tidus and Squall.
"Whatever, let's go to class." Squall replied, turning to walk down the hall.
IN THE OFFICE
Rikku and Yuna smiled innocently at Principal Percy as Lulu crossed her arms, staring at him with no regret.
Principal Percy sighed, he knew they were good girls and Calli, Dona, and Leblanc probably deserved it. But he couldn't have this kind of stuff going around in his school. They should be practicing on how to use their specialties to save the world if it ever became in danger, not beating the crap out of eachother.
"Girls," He sighed, "I know you didn't mean to hurt those girls..."
"Yes we did." Lulu interrupted, complete seriousness on her face, "They were complete-"
"I think what Lulu's trying to say is we're sorry, Principal Percy." Yuna interrupted, not wanting Lulu to get them in deeper trouble.
"Yeah!" Rikku nodded, agreeing, "It will never happen again."
"I sure hope so, girls," Principal Percy said, leaning forward, "Those girls were pretty messed up and they can sue the school you know..."
"They attacked us too!" Yuna said, pointing to the scratches on her face.
"Yeah," Lulu smiled, "Who knew fake nails were so sharp?"
"Little scratches can't compare to what you did to them." Principal Percy said.
"I know!" Rikku piped up, smiling, "Did you see what I did to Leblanc? Pow! Right in the kisser!" Yuna and her began giggling as Lulu smiled at them.
"Girls!" Principal Percy yelled angrily, stopping their giggles, "This is not a giggling matter!"
"We're sorry, Principal Percy." Rikku and Yuna said apologetically, looking down in shame. Lulu rolled her eyes and looked out the window.
"I should suspend you from the school dance..."
"NO!" Yuna and Rikku cried out, Lulu looked at him with anger.
"But I'm not." He finished, "Just, don't do it again, ok?"
"Can't make you any promises." Lulu said, remembering what Dona said to her.
"We won't, Principal Percy, we swear!" Yuna said, getting up, Rikku and Lulu rising with her.
"I believe you, Yuna." Principal Percy smiled, "Do I have your word, Lulu?"
Rikku and Yuna looked at her with pleading eyes again, she hated when they did that. "Yeah, sure." Lulu sighed.
"Good, you may leave."
"Bye!" Rikku said, grabbing Yuna and Lulu and running out the office.
HALLWAY
"That was close." Yuna sighed, "But I don't regret a thing!"
"Me neither!" Rikku agreed, "But we got off so let's get ready for that dance!"
"Are you serious?" Lulu asked, trying to sound like Dona, "LOOK AT OUR FACES! I CAN'T GO LIKE THIS!"
Yuna and Rikku laughed, watching Lulu make disgusted and angry faces like Dona.
"We can go like this!" Yuna smiled, wrapping her arms around Rikku's and Lulu's shoulders, "We still look good."
"Got that right!" Rikku agreed, "Nothing's gonna bring us down again! We've been hurt too much already!"
Yuna nodded, looking to Lulu, "What you think, Lu? Shall we go to the dance with our battle scars?"
Lulu thought a moment then smiled, "Let's go shopping!"
"Yay!" Rikku and Yuna cheered, jumping up and down, surprisingly Lulu joined them.
Yuna stopped, looking up at the hallway clock, "Well, I gotta get to choir! Seeya later!" She said, walking away.
"Shit! I'm late too, meet us in the Chocobo lot, Rikku." Lulu said, running to her next class.
"Gotcha!" Rikku yelled, waving good-bye, she turned around and bumped into someone, before she could fall the person grabbed her.
"Whoa, watch it speedy," Zex smiled down at her, "No need to rush."
"Hiya, Zex!" Rikku smiled happily, "You missed a cool fight."
"I'm hoping the other guy looks worse." Zex said, looking at Rikku's scratches.
"Of course!"
"Good," Zex smiled, still holding onto her arms, "What time should I pick you up for the dance?"
"Um..nine sound good for you?" Rikku asked, looking down at his hands on her arms. It was completely innocent but she felt uncomfortable, like she was betraying something in herself.
"Cool." He agreed, leaning down towards her. Rikku froze up, knowing what he was about to do, Squall did it so many times to her.
He pressed his lips against hers, but she didn't respond, she stood still as he kissed her. After awhile he pulled away, looking at her in concern.
"You ok? You look pale." He asked, feeling her cheek and forehead.
"Uh...yeah," Rikku giggled nervously, "I'm fine! Seeya later!" She quickly walked past him, turning the corner quickly.
Once she turned the corner she bumped into another body, but this time she fell because the collision was quick.
"Ow ow ow ow ow!" She pouted, rubbing her poor butt. This was not her butt's year, she was sure it had a big bruise by now.
"You sure know how to hurt yourself these days." Squall said, helping her up.
Rikku blushed, she had a habit of doing that everytime he was around, "Er...yeah. Sorry about that." She was about to walk away until he stopped her.
"Zex. He your boyfriend now?" Squall asked, holding her by the arm and gazing in her eyes. She wished he wouldn't do that, she saw the pain in his eyes, she could see he wanted her to deny it and say that Zex was nothing to her. But why should she? Why did he care anyways? He was the one that broke up with her.
Rikku looked down to stare at his hand on her arm, not wanting to look at his face anymore, "He's just my date to the dance." She replied quietly.
Squall knew that she felt uncomfortable with him gazing at her, but he didn't care. He wanted to show her that he does care about her, since he couldn't do it in words or actions anymore because it was forbidden, he would show her in his eyes. He knew she could read his eyes like he can read hers.
"Sure doesn't look like it." He replied, still gazing at her, "That kissed made it seem like he wants to be more."
Rikku looked up at him with shock and anger, "Were you spying on us?" She asked, outraged.
"No." Squall replied, grabbing her other arm with his other hand so she would turn to face him, "Rikku, I..." He stopped himself before he said something he wasn't allowed to.
"You what?" Rikku asked curiously, trying to look in his eyes, but he avoided her gaze, "Come on, Squall, you can tell me."
"No I can't." He muttered softly, "I just want you to know I never meant to hurt you." He looked up at her then, seriousness in his eyes and features.
Rikku smiled alittle, "I know, Squall. You're not ready and I understand and accept that." She replied, "I really gotta get to class. Bye."
Squall reluctantly let her arms go so she could walk away. He sighed angrily, this frustration and confusion was really getting to him. He really wanted to tell Rikku why he couldn't be with her, but he wasn't allowed. Sometimes he really hated listening to orders. But he had to, if he followed orders things will be ok. No one would get hurt, no one would mess up and things wouldn't get complicated. Then why were things complicated now? And why was Rikku and him hurting?
Squall spotted Zex walking to his locker. 'Don't do it, Leonheart!' His conscience yelled at him, 'Leave him alone! Just turn and walk away! Rikku has a right to be with him! She's not yours!' Squall ignored it, walking towards Zex.
"Hey, man!" Zex greeted as Squall leaned against the lockers, watching him pull some books out his locker.
"Hey." Squall responded, but his voice sounded flat and emotionless, "I have a question for you."
"The great Lionheart asking little old me a question?" Zex asked, shocked, "I'm so honored! Shoot."
"Ha ha, very funny," Squall said, still showing no emotion, "You're a funny guy...What's going on between you and Rikku?"
"Rikku?" Zex asked, shocked, shrugging, "I don't know. She's a cute chick, why you wanna know?"
Squall shrugged too, "Just curiousity...you guys...involved?"
"Involved?" Zex asked back, "If you're talking about sexually, then not yet. But I plan on being real soo. Ya know?" He smiled, holding his hand in the air for Squall to clap.
Squall gave him a disgusted look, "Whatever." He replied, pushing Zex into the lockers and walking away.
"Was it something I did?" Zex asked himself, confused.
BEFORE THE DANCE: GETTING READY
"I'm sooo excited!" Rikku shrieked happily, curling the ends of Yuna's hair with a hot iron.
"Don't get too excited because you'll burn Yuna." Lulu commented, applying mascara and black eye-liner to her eyes.
"Sorry." Rikku apologized sheepishly, carefully removing the iron from her hair.
"It's ok, Rikku," Yuna smiled, "We're excited too even though Lulu don't show it."
"I'm filled with eagerness." Lulu replied sarcastically.
"You should be!" Yuna said, "Beckem may be a jerk sometimes but he can be sweet too."
"Not to mention cute!" Rikku added.
"Then you guys go with him!" Lulu said, adjusting her bust line. She made sure to buy a dress that would show off a lot of her cleavage. Yuna found the dress for her, a long satin black one with a long slit going down her left side. Lulu felt alittle uncomfortable in it though, she felt it wasn't supporting her chest enough. Rikku told her not to worry, just for her to be careful when she dances. Lulu said she refuses to dance, especially with Beckem.
"Lulu," Yuna sighed, "We got our dates...are you mad because you wanted to go with Wakka?"
"No!" Lulu snapped, "Plus he's going with that whore Dona...what a jerk!"
"You could've asked him y'know!" Rikku replied, concentrating on Yuna's hair.
"I was waiting for him to ask me!" Lulu admitted. Yuna and Rikku turned to look at her, stunned that she was actually almost admitting she likes Wakka.
"Sorry, Lu," Yuna said apologetically, "We didn't know..."
"It's ok." Lulu sighed, "I should've known he wouldn't ask me. You guys just wanted me to have a date that's why you got Beckem. And I must admit he is cute."
Rikku looked at Lulu with sympathy. 'Poor Lulu,' She thought, 'She actually likes this guy and he chose a complete bitch over her.' Rikku didn't like that her and her friends were hurting, if was the last thing she does, she was gonna make sure they had a fun night. That goes for herself too...but she couldn't get Squall out of her mind. If she was thinking about him, she was sure Yuna was thinking of Tidus and Lulu of Wakka.
"Done!" She smiled happily, getting of the bed to get a better look at Yuna, "Seymour's gonna love it!"
Yuna looked down at the mention of Seymour. Rikku and Lulu didn't know him like she did. Rikku met him once and he was a complete gentleman infront of her. Rikku seemed to like him, Lulu's never met him but she accepted him because Yuna seemed to like him and they were getting married. They also didn't know about the arranged marriage, they thought Yuna was doing it because she deeply loved him.
"You ok, Yunie?" Rikku asked, concerned, noticing the sad look on Yuna's face.
"Yeah." Yuna said, looking up with a smile.
"Hmm." Rikku placed her hands on her hips and stared at Yuna, knowing she was lieing, "I wish you'd talk to me."
"Rikku..." Yuna looked down again, fidgetting with her hands nervously, "Don't worry about me."
"Don't worry about you?" Rikku asked, outraged, "Yunie, I love you and care for you! If you hurt, I hurt. If something's going on, I would like to know, ok?"
"Nothing's going on, Rikku." Yuna lied, looking at her frustrated cousin.
"You sound like him!" Rikku sighed angrily, "Why doesn't anyone talk to me anymore!"
"Him?" Yuna and Lulu asked confused.
"Nevermind." Rikku said, walking to look at herself in a full-length mirror. She had on a short bright orange spaghetti-strapped dress that stopped right below her thigh. She wore a black choker and her hair was in a high ponytail with curls. She let her hair grow out so the ponytail went to her shoulders.
"Who's him, Rikku?" Lulu asked, "Are you talking about Squall?"
"No...it's no one. Nothing to worry about." Rikku said, turning to smile at them, "Wow, Yunie, that dress really brings out the color in your eyes!"
"Which one?" Yuna joked, referring to her bi-colored eyes. She wore a tight blue-green dress that stopped alittle bit above her knees. It was low cut, so she had to be careful so one of her boobs wouldn't pop out. Rikku told her to tape them, Yuna didn't agree at first thinking it would be weird, but it ended up working.
Rikku smiled, "Both."
BEEP! BEEP! They all stared towards the window, hearing a hover outside. Neither of them looked happy, the smiles left their faces as they heard their dates call their names from outside.
"They're here." Yuna muttered finally, looking pale.
"Er...yeah." Rikku said, looking from Lulu to Yuna, "Let's go! It's showtime, girls!"
"Why are we doing this again?" Tidus asked angrily, adjusting his tie. Squall, Tidus, and Wakka were getting ready at Squall's house. Squall agreed to take Calli to the dance, with Tidus going with Leblanc, and Wakka with Dona.
"Yeah, brudda! Why's you volunteer us like that?" Wakka asked angrily, glaring at Squall.
"She promised that they'd leave us and Rikku, Yuna, and Lulu alone if we did this. I accepted." Squall responded, "Plus I have to go to that dance."
"Rikku?" Tidus asked with a small smirk, "You have to see Rikku."
Squall rolled his eyes, "It has nothing to do with Rikku." He lied.
"It has to do with that Zex guy, ya?" Wakka said, "I understand if you wanna beat his ass. As long as I get that Beckem guy."
"I want Seymour." Tidus added.
Squall looked at them, crossing his arms, "I'm not gonna beat his ass." He said, grabbing his gunblade and showing them, "I'm gonna kill him."
"That's more like it, Brudda!" Wakka cheered.
"I have an idea." Tidus said, he had a huge smile on his face.
"Oh no." Wakka said, "Tidus has an idea. Run."
"Shut up," Tidus glared at him, "You know how the our girls won't talk to us? Maybe we should each pick another girl. Like...I'll talk to Rikku. Get it?"
Squall thought a minute. That was actually a good idea. Rikku wouldn't talk to him, but she has nothing against Tidus, she'd talk to him. He nodded, agreeing, "Wow, Tidus, if you used your brain like this more often maybe you wouldn't be failing Chemistry."
Tidus glared at him, "Gee, thanks." He replied, "So I got Rikku?"
"Ya. I'll take Yuna." Wakka said.
"Dammit, why I gotta get Lulu?" Squall asked. He had nothing against the girl personally, he actually liked her as a friend. It's just he knew she knew he likes Rikku, and Lulu seems to not want Rikku with him. Probably because she thought he would never really care for her, she had no idea how wrong she was.
"What's with Lulu?" Wakka asked angrily.
"You like her, you should know." Squall replied.
"I know she isn't the sweetest girl, like Rikku," Wakka said, watching Squall glare at him, "But you should know how to handle her anyways, ya? You two have the same attitude."
"Whatever." Squall replied, uncrossing his arms and walking towards the door, "Let's go pick up those girls."
SCHOOL DANCE
"Wow!" Rikku and Yuna said together as they walked into the hall. It was elegantly decorated with colorful lights. Lulu was even impressed by the decoratings.
"'Wow' is right." Zex smiled, placing an arm around Rikku, "Let's go get a table."
Rikku nodded, looking back at Lulu and Yuna, "We'll see you later ok?"
Yuna and Lulu nodded, still looking at the decorations.
"C'mon, Lulu," Beckem said, grabbing her hand and walking towards the bar, "I'm thirsty." Lulu looked back at Yuna and gave her an annoyed look, Yuna giggled.
"Wanna get our pic taken?" Seymour asked, looking down at Yuna.
"Uh...sure. That'll be nice." Yuna nodded, letting Seymour elope their elbows together.
"Bout damn time we got here!" Calli yelled. Squall, Wakka, and Tidus was late to pick them up. Once she started yelling at him, he told her to shut up and she's even lucky that they decided to get her in the first place. Dona, Calli, and Leblanc had to put on even more make-up to make their faces look at least decent. Rikku, Yuna, and Lulu on the other hand, didn't even have to worry about their faces because the scratches were gone.
"We're here aren't we?" Squall asked annoyed. He knew he was being a complete asshole to her, but he didn't care. She acted like a spoiled brat and he was stuck with her for a night. He kind of felt sorry for getting Tidus and Wakka involved too...kind of. If he was stuck doing this, he wanted them to suffer too. Misery loves company.
"I wanna dance!" Dona yelled, crossing her arms and glaring at Wakka.
Wakka gulped, she looked like a snake ready to bite his head off, "Um...go ahead."
"Dance with me, you idiot!" Dona hissed, grabbing Wakka and dragging him to the dancefloor.
"Poor guy." Tidus muttered. Squall nodded in agreement.
"Ohmygawd! They actually showed up!" Calli yelled, spotting Yuna and Seymour taking pictures, "And their faces are HEALED!"
Squall watched Calli began to whine in amusement as Tidus's attention was all on Yuna with Seymour. He could see she wasn't happy, that she was putting on a fake smile for Seymour and the camera. He wanted to go up to her and tell her she shouldn't have to pretend anymore, for her to just leave him. But he knew she'd just disagree and lie to him and herself.
"Are you done pouting?" Squall asked, smiling, once Calli turned her glare to another scene.
"Look, Leblanc," Calli said, ignoring Squall's comment, "It's that Al Bhed girl."
Squall quickly looked in the direction she was, spotting Rikku sitting at a table with Zex, chatting happily. Anger and jealousy filled him, he wanted to pull out his gunblade and shoot the guy right then and there. One thing he appreciated from the guy was that he made Rikku kind of happy, though. She deserved to be happy. But Squall remembered his intentions and that made him even madder.
"Why don't you go find us a table, Tidus?" Squall said, still looking at Rikku.
Tidus, getting what Squall was saying, reluctantly grabbed Leblanc's hand and walked towards Rikku and Zex.
"What you wanna do, sweetie?" Calli asked sweetly, hugging Squall's arm tightly.
'Hang myself.' Squall thought, looking at her in disgust. He began wondering why he even talked to her in the first place. Tidus was right, he just wanted to sleep with her and that's it. But now she wasn't even looking appealing to him anymore. "I want a drink." He muttered.
"Great idea! Let's-" Squall detached her from his arm and stalked off towards the bar. Leaving her alone and angry.
Lulu sipped her drink angrily, watching Dona dance up on Wakka. 'Look at that tramp!' She thought angrily, 'Why don't they just go get a motel room instead?'
"Enjoying the party?" Squall asked, walking next to her and pouring himself some punch.
"My punch has alcohol in it," Lulu replied, still looking at Wakka and Dona, "What do you think?"
Squall chuckled alittle bit, turning and leaning against the table, looking at the dancefloor, "I think you should pour some of that liquor in my cup."
Lulu reached into her bust pulling out a small bottle and handing it to Squall.
He quirked an eyebrow but accepted it anyways, opening it and pouring some in his cup, "Where's your date?" He asked curiously.
Lulu tilted her head towards the dancefloor, "He's dancing with himself." She replied.
Squall looked at the dancefloor, spotting Beckem dancing horribly by himself, "Ouch. I hope people don't know he belongs to you." He replied, taking a sip.
"Sadly they do. Every ten seconds he waves at me, watch." Lulu muttered. As if on cue, Beckem turned to wave at Lulu shouting, "HEY LULU!" She nodded in return, blushing alittle as people looked at her with weird expressions. Squall began laughing.
"You find this funny?" Lulu asked angrily, "Where's your little tramp at? Y'know, the one you left Rikku for?"
Squall glared at her angrily, "I did not leave Rikku for Calli...I can't even stand Calli myself." He replied, taking a gulp of his drink.
"Then why did you?" Lulu asked, "You got her dating that silver-haired idiot now."
"That's none of your business...wait, you approve of me dating Rikku now?" He asked in shock, he didn't care is she approved or not but he was shocked she did.
Lulu shrugged, looking back to the dancefloor, "You made her happy...well happier then she usually is. She really liked you, you know."
Squall looked down sadly. That was the last thing he wanted to hear. He didn't like being reminded that he was the reason for Rikku's broken heart. "This guy..." He said, real low that Lulu could barely hear him, "He make Rikku happy like I did?"
Lulu looked at him, seeing pain his eyes which was odd to her to see in his eyes. 'He actually cares about Rikku?' She thought shocked, 'This is weird...if he likes her so much why did he leave her?' "No," She replied, "Yes, he makes her happy, but I can tell she's just faking it. She's still hurting, Squall. What you gonna do about it?"
Squall looked at her in confusion and shock, "What you mean what am I gonna do about it?" He asked.
"It's your fault. You obviously still care." Lulu said, "What you gonna do?"
'What am I gonna do?' Squall thought, looking up to where Rikku was, 'One thing's for sure...I'm not ready to give up.'
"Hey, this table taken?" Tidus asked, walking up to Rikku and Zex. Leblanc was behind him, refusing to look at Rikku.
"Hiya, Chocobo-hair!" Rikku smiled happily, "No, it's not, you and your...date...can sit down." She looked up at Leblanc angrily.
"Sorry, love, but we don't sit next to losers." Leblanc replied snottily, "C'mon, Tidus, let's go."
"I rather stay." Tidus said, sitting down, "You go ahead."
"Fine!" Leblanc yelled, "I WILL!" She stormed off angrily.
"I think your date's mad." Rikku smiled, watching Leblanc push people out her way.
Tidus shrugged, "I don't care."
"You shouldn't let that one get away," Zex said, watching Leblanc, "She's a hot one."
"Eew." Rikku and Tidus said in unison.
"So..." Rikku turned to look at Tidus, "where's everyone else?"
Tidus smiled at her, "You mean where's Squall?"
Rikku blushed, looking down, "I meant Wakka and Squall, buster!"
Tidus shrugged, looking around, "Somewhere around here."
Rikku nodded, hoping to see Squall.
"Look who I found." Wakka said, walking up to them with Dona, Yuna, and Seymour behind him.
"Hey, Tubby!" Rikku greeted, getting up to give him a hug.
"I'm gonna go get a drink." Dona said angrily, walking away.
"I must be a skank repellent or something." Rikku said.
Yuna and Wakka took a seat as Seymour stood up glaring at Tidus. "If you are, then thank you." Yuna smiled.
"Hey, Seymour, have a seat!" Rikku said, watching Seymour stand, "We're all friends here...now that those girls are gone."
Seymour didn't look at her, not even showing a sign that he heard her, "I like standing...what's he doing here?" He asked angrily, looking at Tidus.
"Seymour, please." Yuna said, looking up at him. She didn't want him to start anything with Tidus there. It was bad enough that her and Tidus weren't talking at all.
"Maybe because it's our schooldance, what you doing here?" Tidus asked, not bothering to look at him, he felt that if he did, he would punch him.
"I'm Yuna's date." Seymour replied, grabbing Yuna like she was his property.
"Ouch," Yuna yelped, his grip was tight on her arm, "Seymour, you're hurting me!"
"Let her go!" Tidus said angrily, standing up, glowering at Seymour.
Rikku looked at the both of them in confusion. Did she miss something? Why didn't Seymour like Tidus? He didn't even know him. She knew one thing was for sure, Seymour better let her cousin go or she was gonna show him what happens when people hurt her loved ones.
"Why should I?" Seymour asked evilly, tightening his grip, causing Yuna to wince in pain.
"Hey, jerk!" Rikku yelled, getting up too, "I advise you to listen to Tidus and let her go!"
Seymour stopped staring at Tidus to glare at her, "Who are you to tell me what to do? You're just a little Al Bhed tramp!" He hissed angrily.
Rikku gasped in shock and was about to attack him until Zex grabbed her, "Just leave them alone, Rikku. Mind your own business." He whispered in her ear. Rikku glared at her, "Mind my own WHAT?" She asked angrily. This guy was hurting her cousin!
Tidus was about to do something until Yuna quickly stood up, Seymour's grip still on her arm, "STOP IT!" She yelled, everyone looking at her, "Seymour, LET GO OF ME NOW! And, Tidus, please have a seat." Seymour watched as Tidus slowly did what she said, then he released her arm. She turned to glare angrily at him, "If you ever speak about my cousin or anyone like that again I WILL HURT YOU!" She threatened. Seymour looked at her in shock then nodded.
"Let go of me!" Rikku yelled, pulling away from Zex angrily, "Come on, Yunie, let's go dance." She walked past Wakka and Tidus, Yuna grabbing her hand and walking to the dancefloor with her.
Ladies up in here tonightNo fighting, no fightingWe got the refugees up in hereNo fighting, no fighting
Shakira, Shakira
Rikku and Yuna walked to the middle of the dancefloor and began dancing. "How come you never told me what a big meanie Seymour was?" Rikku asked, still dancing to the beat of the music.
I never really knew that she could dance like thisShe makes a man wants to speak SpanishComo se llama, bonita, mi casa, su casaShakira, Shakira
Oh baby when you talk like thatYou make a woman go madSo be wise and keep onReading the signs of my body
Yuna shrugged, still dancing too, "I...didn't want you to worry."
And I'm on tonightYou know my hips don't lieAnd I'm starting to feel it's rightAll the attraction, the tensionDon't you see baby, this is perfection
Hey Girl, I can see your body moving And it's driving me crazyAnd I didn't have the slightest ideaUntil I saw you dancing
And when you walk up on the dance floorNobody cannot ignore the way you move your body, girlAnd everything so unexpected - the way you right and left itSo you can keep on taking it
"YOU DIDN'T WANT ME TO WORRY?" Rikku asked outraged, causing some people to start looking at her. She noticed and lowered her voice, embarrassed, "I would like to know my cousin's marrying a complete jerk loser!"
Oh baby when you talk like thatYou make a woman go madSo be wise and keep onReading the signs of my body
And I'm on tonightYou know my hips don't lieAnd I am starting to feel you boyCome on lets go, real slowDon't you see baby asi es perfecto
Oh I know I am on tonight my hips don't lieAnd I am starting to feel it's rightAll the attraction, the tensionDon't you see baby, this is perfectionShakira, Shakira

"Sorry, Rikku," Yuna apologized, feeling ashamed for lieing to her cousin about her fiancee, "It won't happen again. I promise."
Oh boy, I can see your body movingHalf animal, half manI don't, don't really know what I'm doingBut you seem to have a planMy will and self restraintHave come to fail now, fail nowSee, I am doing what I can, but I can't so you knowThat's a bit too hard to explain
Baila en la calle de nocheBaila en la calle de día
Baila en la calle de nocheBaila en la calle de día
"Don't apologize, Yunie." Rikku smiled, twirling with her, "Just promise me you won't marry him!"
I never really knew that she could dance like thisShe makes a man want to speak SpanishComo se llama, bonita, mi casa, su casaShakira, Shakira
Oh baby when you talk like thatYou know you got me hypnotizedSo be wise and keep onReading the signs of my body

"I can't make that promise, Rikku." Yuna sighed, moving her hips to the beat. Rikku didn't understand why she was marrying Seymour, and if she told her, she would freak out and try to talk her out of it.
Senorita, feel the conga, let me see you move like you come from Colombia
Mira en Barranquilla se baila así, say it!Mira en Barranquilla se baila así
YeahShe's so sexy every man's fantasy a refugee like me back with the Fugees from a 3rd world countryI go back like when 'pac carried crates for Humpty HumptyI need a whole club dizzyWhy the CIA wanna watch us?Colombians and HaitiansI ain't guilty, it's a musical transactionNo more do we snatch ropesRefugees run the seas 'cause we own our own boats
"What you mean you can't make me that promise?" Rikku asked, outraged, "He treats you like a piece of property! He's a jealous jerk! I was hoping you would've let Tidus teach him a lesson!"
I'm on tonight, my hips don't lieAnd I'm starting to feel you boyCome on let's go, real slowBaby, like this is perfecto
Oh, you know I am on tonight and my hips don't lieAnd I am starting to feel it's rightThe attraction, the tensionBaby, like this is perfection
No fightingNo fighting
"I'm...I'm sorry, Rikku." Yuna said, softly, walking away from her and out the door.
"Yunie!" Rikku called out, but she was too late, she was gone.
"What happened?" Tidus asked, walking up to Rikku, "Where's Yuna going?"
"I don't know..." Rikku sighed, "Can you do me a favor?" Tidus nodded. "Go talk to her, please. I have a good idea where she's going. When she's very upset about something she goes to the springs in Macalania Woods."
"Ok." He said, walking off to find her.
Squall seen the whole scene between Rikku and Yuna. Something must be really wrong because he could tell Rikku was very upset. He wanted to go ask her what, but he knew it wasn't his business. But seeing her hurt wasn't helping him either, so he decided he was gonna ask her anyways. He doubt she'd tell him though. He was about to walk towards her until a familiar figure walked infront of him.
"Hey, son." Laguna smiled at him.
'Fuck!' Squall saw that Laguna was wearing a tuxedo which meant that he wasn't here just to stop by and say hi. He had intentions. "What the hell are you doing here?" He asked angrily.
"That's no way to greet your father." Laguna replied, "I'm a chaperone. I volunteered to watch the dance."
"What the fuck you do that for?" Squall asked. He didn't like the look in Laguna's eyes, he was up to something.
"Can you watch your mouth?" Laguna asked, "I just came to see someone."
"That would be?" Squall asked, glancing at Rikku who was walking towards them. 'Shit, I don't want her talking to him.' Squall thought. He didn't want Laguna to know that she was the one he was falling for.
"Well, hello there." Laguna smiled, spotting Rikku too, "Just the girl I was looking for. Don't you look beautiful tonight?"
Rikku smiled, blushing alittle, "Thank you, Mr. Loire." She replied as he pulled her into a hug.
"Call me Laguna, sweetie." Laguna smiled.
Squall watched angrily. Just what the hell was Laguna up to? He had to know Rikku was the girl or he wouldn't have been looking for her. And what did he mean he was looking for her?
"Ok!" Rikku smiled brightly.
"May I have this dance?" Laguna asked, holding a hand out to Rikku.
'Oh hell no!' Squall thought angrily, glaring at Laguna. How's he gonna tell him to break up with the girl that brightened up his day and then come to his school dance and ask her to dance?
Rikku glanced unsuringly at Squall, who looked back at her. 'Ok...awkward moment...' Rikku thought, feeling Squall's eyes burn into hers, 'Do I accept or deny him?'
She giggled nervously, "Er...sure." She grabbed his hand and let him lead her towards the dancefloor. It's just a dance right?
"Laguna..." Squall seethed angrily, watching him and Rikku.
Laguna looked back at him and smiled, "Wait your turn, Squall."
'I'm gonna KILL him!' Squall promised himself. How dare Laguna interfer in his business! He did what he said, wasn't that good enough for him? Obviously not, now Laguna had to go and get himself involved with Rikku now. If does anything stupid or says anything to hurt her even more, Squall was gonna kill him...slowly. Squall had nothing else to do but watch them and wait for their dance to be over. He got even madder when he noticed it was a slow song playing.
"I'm sorry, Rikku." Laguna apologized as they began slow dancing.
Rikku looked up at him in confusion, "Um...for what?" She asked curiously.
Laguna looked down at her in shock and confusion. Squall didn't tell her why he broke up with her? He probably didn't want to hurt her anymore then he had to. It's not everyday you tell someone you like that you're leaving them because you have to fulfill your destiny and they'll just get in the way. "That Squall had to break up with you." He said.
"It's ok...wait," Rikku stared at him, "What do you mean 'had to'?"
Laguna sighed. He might as well tell the girl the truth, give her closure. He knew Squall wasn't gonna do it. "I told him he had to break up with you before things got too serious." He admitted, watching as Rikku's eyes went from confusion to anger.
"You told him to break up with me? Why?"
"Don't get mad, Rikku." Laguna said, "Squall has to fulfill his destiny..."
"I know that!" Rikku interrupted, "I'm not gonna get in his way!"
"Yes you will." Laguna disagreed, "You don't understand...you're getting in his way right now."
"How?" Rikku asked angrily, "He did what you said! He broke up with me! We don't talk anymore, happy?" She was about to walk away until he grabbed her, now she knew where Squall got it from.
"Rikku, please don't be mad." Laguna begged, "Even though he broke up with you, you're still in his mind...probably heart too. He's been even more angsty then usual."
"What do you want me to do about it?" Rikku asked, "We broke up, isn't that good enough? You stopped us before we could even get started."
Laguna sighed, "I don't know...that's the problem. Maybe...maybe you should get a new boyfriend and move on. Maybe that'll convince Squall to leave you alone."
Rikku looked at him in shock, her eyes becoming watery, "Are you kidding me? I couldn't do that to Squall even if I wanted to! You're horrible to want me to do that to him!"
"Rikku-"
"No!" Rikku interrupted, "You got your wish, we're not seeing eachother. We're hurting, happy?" She asked, walking away from him.
"What the hell did you say?" Squall asked angrily walking up to Laguna.
"I told her the truth." Laguna replied.
"Are you fucking stupid?" Squall asked, "Why can't you just mind your own business and leave her alone? I did what you said already!"
"Squall...you may have obeyed orders but you haven't let her go yet!" Laguna replied, "I'm trying to help you get over her!"
"Do me a favor: DON'T!" Squall said, walking towards Rikku.
THE SPRINGS
Yuna rode her chocobo all the way to the springs. She considered it her thinking place, she'd go there when stuff got tough and complicated and this was the most complicated her life's been. Seymour was being a bigger jerk then usual, Tidus was making things even more confusing, and Rikku...she wish she could tell Rikku everything, but she couldn't. She was on her own with this one, it was her decision and now it was final. No turning back because the contract was signed.
She got off her chocobo and walked towards the spring. She felt stupid, why did she sign her life away? For Spira? For her friends and family? She didn't mind sacrificing herself for the happiness of the world, but why'd she have to fall in love with Tidus? Why did Seymour have to be horrible to people, she actually thought he was a good guy at first. She walked into the water, looking off into the distance at the beautiful view. Everything looked so peaceful, she wished things could be like that forever.
Tidus spotted Yuna in the springs, she was standing still then she went under the water. "YUNA!" He cried out, quickly jumping off his chocobo and running to her.
He dived under water, spotting her and grabbing her, swimming to surface again.
Yuna coughed alittle, opening her eyes slowly, "Tidus?" She asked, tears falling out her eyes.
Tidus nodded, smiling alittle, "Yes, Yuna, I'm here."
"I'm so sorry." Yuna cried, tilting her head down in shame, "I never meant to-"
"Yuna," Tidus interrupted, smiling down at her, "You don't have to apologize. You haven't done anything wrong. You didn't know Seymour was a big jerk when you met him."
"I know but-"
Tidus tilted her chin up so he could look at her, "Don't go killing yourself over it...I mean that literally too. What were you thinking?" He asked concerned.
Yuna shrugged, "I don't know...I just needed to get away for awhile."
"Suicide's not the way."
"I wasn't gonna kill myself...I just wanted to feel that peace for awhile...y'know?" Yuna asked, looking at him with hope.
"You don't have to marry Seymour." Tidus said, placing a hand on her cheek.
"Yes I do!" Yuna cried.
"Why?"
"I'd have to now even if I didn't want to because...I signed a contract." Yuna sobbed.
"WHAT?" Tidus asked, shocked, "You're stuck with that asshole?"
Yuna nodded, still crying.
Tidus sighed, not wanting to see her cry anymore. He lifted her chin again, looking deep into her eyes then leaning down to kiss her. Yuna quickly complied, wrapping her arms around his shoulders.
Tidus pulled away alittle, "I'm gonna make sure you don't have to marry him, Yuna. I promise." He said against her lips.
She smiled alittle, letting him pull her into another kiss.
BACK AT THE SCHOOL DANCE
Rikku sat in a chair that was against the wall. She couldn't believe what Laguna told her. So that's why Squall broke up with her? She was distraction? She'd get in his way? In some way she agreed with him. Squall did have a big destiny to fulfill, she didn't want to ruin that for him. She also wasn't sure if she could just leave him alone, like she said before: he was now apart of her heart, a big part that she couldn't just ignore. But if she had to let him go so he could live his destined life, she would try, just for him.
"May I have this dance?" Rikku looked up to see Squall staring down at her.
"I don't think that's a good idea." She responded.
"Why not?" Squall asked curiously.
"I think you know why." She looked down sadly, "It's ok. You don't have to lie anymore, Laguna told me everything."
"Laguna's a moron." Squall responded, "Just one dance...please?"
Rikku smirked alittle, "I thought you couldn't dance."
Squall chuckled, "Yeah...I kinda lied about that."
"I figured you did." Rikku said, still looking down, "But...I don't feel like dancing now."
Squall quirked an eyebrow, he wasn't gonna let her get off easily anymore. It was time he was honest with her. "Yes you do." He said, grabbing her hand and gently dragging her to the dancefloor.
Rikku smiled, amused that he was actually dragging her to the dancefloor. But shouldn't she be listening to Laguna's advice and leave Squall alone? No...she couldn't even if she wanted to. "Fine, buddy!" She smiled up at him, "But if you step on my toes you're gonna get it!"
Squall smiled, happy that she was kind of back to normal, "I won't, promise." He placed a hand on her back as his other went to grab hers. He then mentally cursed once he heard what song was playing.
spoken)Girl you know we belong togetherI have no time for you to be playingWith my heart like thisYou’ll be mine forever baby, you just see
(verse)We belong togetherAnd you that I’m rightWhy do you play with my head,Why do you play with my mind?
He heard Rikku giggle softly. "I guess fate hates us, huh?" She asked, smiling up at him.
"You have no idea." He agreed, "I forgot to tell you how beautiful you look tonight." She responded like he expected and wanted, by blushing.
"Thanks, you look good too. Very handsome." She complimented.
Said we’d be foreverSaid it’d never dieHow could you love me and leave meAnd never say good-bye?
Girl I can’t sleep at night without holding you tightGirl, each time I try I just break down and cryPain in my head oh I’d rather be deadSpinnin’ around and around
Chorus:Although we’ve come to the end of the roadStill I can’t let you goIt’s unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to youCome to the end of the roadStill I can’t let you goIt’s unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you
"Can I ask you something?" Squall asked, looking down at her. He needed to know her opinion on something, it mattered more to him more then his own and Laguna's.
Rikku looked at him with concern, "Sure. What's wrong?"
"It's nothing, really." He assured her, sensing her concern, "It's just...would you rather listen to orders or follow your heart?"
Rikku thought a moment. She knew what he was talking about. "Well...it's always good to listen to orders. Makes things easier, right?"
Squall nodded, "I've gotten through life obeying them." He was disappointed though, he wanted her to pick the other one.
"Yeah..." Rikku agreed, "But, following your heart is better."
Squall looked down at her, smiling, "Really? Why you say that?" This is what he wanted to hear from her: the truth.
"Following orders are easy, but following your heart takes courage." Rikku said, "Plus I'd rather follow my heart and see where that takes me."
"That's true." Squall agreed. He heard what he wanted to, and now it was his choice. Follow orders and leave Rikku? Or follow his mind, heart, body, and soul and let himself fall in love with her and be happy?
Girl, I know you really love me,You just don’t realizeYou’ve never been there beforeIt’s only your first time
Maybe I’ll forgive you, hmmMaybe you’ll tryWe should be happy togetherForever, you and i
Girl, you love me again like you loved me beforeThis time I want you to love me much moreThis time instead just come to my bedAnd baby just don’t let me, don’t let me down
"Rikku?"
"Hmm?" Rikku asked, looking back at him.
"I don't like following orders." He said, finally choosing. He wasn't gonna let her go, he don't care if she got in the way of his destiny. He didn't wanna go through life wondering, 'what if?'
Chorus
(spoken)Girl I’m here for youAll those times of night when you just hurt meAnd just run out with that other fellaBaby I knew about it, I just didn’t careYou just don’t understand how much I love you do you?I’m here for you
I’m not out to go out and cheat on you all nightJust like you did baby but that’s all rightHey, I love you anywayAnd I’m still gonna be here for you ’till my dying day babyRight now, I’m just in so much pain babyCoz you just won’t come back to meWill you? just come back to me
(lonely)Yes baby my heart is lonely(lonely)My heart hurts baby(lonely)Yes I feel pain tooBaby please
This time instead just come to my bedAnd baby just don’t let me go
Rikku stared at him in shock, realizing what he was saying. "Squall...you're a Lionheart with a big destiny...I don't wanna get in the way of that..."
Squall gently placed his finger on her lips, "I don't care, Rikku. Let me bend the rules just this once, like you do." He smiled.
"That's me! Rikku the rebel!" She smiled.
"Whatever." He smiled, leaning towards her. Rikku happily leaned forward, ready for the kiss until she felt someone quickly pull her away.
"OWIE!" She said as Zex pulled her through the crowd, off of the dancefloor, "Let go of my arm!"
"No!" He replied angrily, "I have an hour before I have to take you home thanks to your curfew! And you're wasting it with that Leonheart guy! I did not rent a hotel room for this!"
"Rent a WHAT?" Rikku asked angrily.
"A hotel-" Zex felt someone grab him roughly by the shoulder, turning him to face a very angry Squall Leonheart.
"Er...hey, Squall!" Zex greeted. Squall didn't smile nor did he respond, he looked down at Zex's hand on Rikku's arm.
"He's silently telling you to let go." Rikku said, translating Squall's body language for Zex.
"Oh!" Zex said, quickly releasing her.
"Now what's this I hear about a hotel room?" Squall asked, staring at Zex like he was ready to pull out his gunblade and attack him then and there.
"Rikku promised me we'd go to a hotel room!"
"Ugh! Did not, liar!" Rikku yelled, kicking him in the shin. He yelped in pain, grabbing his leg.
Squall smiled, "I think you should get out of here before you get hurt even more." He suggested, clenching his fist.
"Don't worry, Squallie, I got this jerk." Rikku said, walking up to Zex, "This hurts me almost as much as it hurts you." She punched him, just like Squall taught her, knocking him out. "Take that, meanie! Who's your Rikku?" She yelled, bouncing from side to side.
Squall smiled, amazed about how good her punch was getting. He spotted Principal Percy coming towards them, wanting to see what the all the commotion was. "Shit," He muttered, remembering Rikku was already in hot water with him, "Rikku, we gotta go."
Rikku looked up, spotting him too. "Ur puo! (Oh boy!)" She muttered, letting Squall grab her hand and lead her outside to his car.
Rikku stopped to examine the car. She's never seen anything like it in Spira. "Wow...what is it, Squall?" She asked, amazed.
Squall watched her with a smile. She looked so adorable when she was amazed, "It's called a convertible." He replied, opening her door for her.
"You're just full of surprises, Squallie." She smiled, getting in the car.
CALM LANDS
Squall drove to the Calm Lands where he knew they could be alone. It was night and the stars were out, since no one actually lived there, it was quiet and peaceful. He stopped the car, turning off the engine. The had a great view of the mountains below them.
Rikku unbuckled her seatbelt and leaned to his side, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head against his chest. "I missed you." She whispered.
Squall smiled, wrapping an arm around her, "You have no idea how good it feels to hear you say that." He replied, rubbing her arm.
"Are you sure about this? Us being together?" Rikku asked.
Squall looked down at her, tilting her head up, "I've never been sure about anything in my life. I care a lot about you, Rikku, more then you know."
She smiled, "I think I have a good idea. Plus I'm keeping my promise to you."
"You gonna teach me how to care about others?" He asked amused.
She nodded, "And how to work as a team!"
"You're almost done." He said, leaning down, "because I learned to care about someone else...you." He kissed her.