Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Until The Day I Die: A Squikku and Tiduna Story ❯ Welcome Back ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 19: WELCOME BACK

"Geez, Sq-Leon! Sit down, will ya? He's been gone for hours already. Don't worry about him, he's with the King's most trusted friends!" Yuffie exclaimed as she laid on the couch and watched Squall stare out the window. Squall now wanted everyone to call him Leon after he found out what happened to his birthplace Radiant Garden, which was now called Hallow Bastion. It was overcome with darkness and heartless now and the only person that could save it was a young boy by the name of Sora. Squall still couldn't believe he out of all people was the chosen one. Like he said before: Beggars can't be choosers.

"Hello! Are you even listening to me?" Yuffie asked angrily, she sat up and waved her arms around, "I hate having to work the late shift with you, you always ignore me!"

"Me and the rest of the population around here." Squall replied, not taking his eyes off of the window.

"Ouch!" Yuffie made hurt expression, "You're a big jerk, you know that Leon? Next time Aerith is staying with your ungrateful butt."

Squall glared at her, "How am I ungrateful?"

"You have the prettiest ninja here to keep you company and you're still all 'I'm Squall Leonheart and I'm too cool to have a conversation'." Yuffie teased.

Squall sighed, he reached for the phone and tossed it to Yuffie. She quickly caught it out of reflex.

"Hey! This is the phone the King gave me to call people from other worlds! I thought I lost it!" Yuffie said happily.

"You did." Squall replied, turning back to look out the window, "Aerith found it in Merlin's House. Remember when you broke into his house and searched it for materia?"

"Correction, I entered his house and had an innocent look around." She smiled, never taking her eyes off of the phone.

"Go ahead."

"Huh?" She asked confused.

"Call him, you know you want to." Squall replied giving her a knowing smirk, "What's his name again? Vincent Valentine?"

Yuffie flushed a dark red, "Who told you?"

Squall shrugged, "Aerith loves to gossip, huh?"

Yuffie rolled her eyes, "I tell you, that girl loves to start rumors! There is no way I like Vincent Valentine! He's so...BLAH!" She looked down at the phone then up at Squall, "You sure you don't wanna call Rinoa first? I might be on here a long time."

"It's ok, go ahead." He replied.

"Thanks, Squall!...I mean Leon." She smiled happily, dialing Vincent's number.

"Anything to keep you off my back for hours." He said as she anxiously waited for Vincent to answer the phone.

She stuck out her tongue at him for his comment.

"Hello?"

"Vinnie! Old buddy, old pal, how are you?" Yuffie asked cheerfully.

"Yuffie?"

"Got that right!"

"How did you get my number? Where are you?"

"Top secret, Vinnie! Just decided to call you since it's been a long time! Whatcha been up to?"

"..."

Yuffie smiled, knowing he was going to be difficult, "Oh really? You don't say? You went shopping and bought some pretty pink shirts?"

Squall glanced at her and raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"..."

"C'mon, Vinnie! You know I'm just messing with you! Talk to me! It's been so long since I heard your voice!"

"You heard it 40 seconds ago." He responded.

Squall chuckled knowing Yuffie was having a hard time getting this guy to talk. He didn't know much about this Vincent guy but Aerith told him that he had a real dark shady past. Worse then Squall's.

"Fine!" Yuffie pouted, "I'll just call Reno. I'm sure he has a lot to talk about. We'll talk about sex and his last one night stand..."

She heard Vincent sigh into the phone, "What do you wish to talk about?"

Yuffie's face brightened up as she gave Squall a victorious smile, "Glad you asked, Vinnie."

Squall watched her get off the couch and walk out the room. She probably wanted privacy which was kind of odd coming from Yuffie. She most really be crushing on this guy.

Vincent and Yuffie were starting to remind him of himself and Rikku so many months ago. When they first started, Squall was distant and Rikku was...well, Rikku. He began wondering how she was doing. What was she doing right this moment.

'Do not start, Squall, you're about to marry the new love of your life Rinoa.' But he couldn't help but feel that that chapter of his life wasn't over. He knew it's been almost 2 years and so much has happened since that time passed. So many people close to him, including himself, almost died at the hands of a sorceress and now he was getting married. It still shocked him when he thought about it. Squall Leonheart was going to settle down. He was the last person he thought would settle down. But she managed to get him to do it. How? He would never know.

He yawned as he saw Cid go around and light the midnight candles. 'Time for sleep. Maybe Sora'll stop by tomorrow.' He thought as he made his was to his bedroom, hearing Yuffie giggle girlishly inside hers. 'Fuck, I'm not tired...' He looked at the couch, 'I'll just watch some tv.'
------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------

"Squall! Squall! Squall, wake up!" Rinoa said as she walked into the small house. She went to open the curtains to let the morning sun shine through directly on Squall who was on the couch.

"Mmm." Squall muttered, placing a pillow over his head to block the sunlight coming from the window.

"Squall, seriously! This is important!" Rinoa sat on the couch next to him, holding a small sphere in her hand, "I found something really important."

"What is all this noise about?" Yuffie asked as she walked out her room.

Squall finally opened his eyes to glance at Rinoa and Yuffie, "What happened to your hair, Yuffie?" He asked, smirking.

Yuffie rolled her eyes, "It's called bed hair, Leon!"

"You look good, Yuffie, don't let Squall bully you." Rinoa smiled handing the sphere to Squall, "Look what I found."

Squall sat up on the couch, "What are you doing here? You should be in our world where it's safe!" He took the item anyways, examining it. He knew what it was. He saw it once in Spira...uh oh. "W-where did you get this?"

Rinoa bit her bottom lip, "I...I, well, I kinda did some snooping." She admitted.

Squall gave her a disapproving glare, "I told you to stay out of this whole heartless stuff! Why is it so important to you anyways?"

Before Rinoa could respond, Yuffie grabbed the sphere from Squall, "It's too big to be materia. What is it, Leon?" She held it up to a light to get a better look at it.

"Yeah, Squall, what is it?" Rinoa asked. But he knew she knew what it was. Rinoa knew a lot of things, but she never wanted ot say what she knew.

"It's a sphere. A movie sphere to be more specific." He glanced at Rinoa, "And you never answered my question."

Rinoa sighed, getting up to walk to the window, "I have a confession."

"Ooh, this is gonna be good!" Yuffie smiled, handing Squall back the sphere as she stared at Rinoa with interest.

"Yuffie, go to your room." Squall said.

"Ugh!" Yuffie pouted, "This is so unfair! I'm helping out too you know!"

"Fine. You can help Aerith and Cid send warning notes to the other worlds. How about that?"

"But there's so many!" Yuffie whined. Squall gave her a death glare, "Fine! I'll find out later anyways. Nothing gets past Yuffie Kisagari!"

"Right, go." Yuffie reluctantly obeyed. After she left Squall got off the couch to stand behind Rinoa, "Go ahead."

"Squall...I have a cousin." Rinoa admitted, not taking her eyes off the window, "A very special cousin. It's not by blood though, but we practically grew up together."

"A cousin?" He asked in disbelief, "You have more family?"

Rinoa shook her head sadly, "Just her...." She stopped to take a deep breath, controlling her emotions.

"Go ahead." He encouraged her. He could tell this was something big and it was having a huge effect on her.

"Lenne." Rinoa replied, turning to look at him, "Her name is Lenne...at least I think that's what she goes by now."

Squall looked at her in confusion, "You think that's what she goes by? What's that mean?"

Rinoa shrugged, wiping her wet eyes, "You read and studied more of Ansem's reports then I have. Ever hear the name Samara?"

Squall looked at her in shock. He knew someone was going through his reports and books on heartless. He just never thought it would be her.

"Princess of darkness and heartless? Yeah I heard of her. How did you..."

"I met her once." Rinoa interrupted, "Real mean person. She tried to kill me when I was 15, but my cousin saved me. She sacrificed herself for me, Squall."

"Ok, I'm still confused, Rinoa. Just tell me straight up! What's really going on?"

"Every generation a female is sacrificed to be inhabited by Samara so she can come out to the real worlds instead of being stuck in darkness. When she comes out...bad things happen. I think I was suppose to be the body she was going to take but my cousin Garnet told her to take her instead. I was freed, and now Garnet runs from the darkness."

"Garnet?" Squall asked, "Who's Garnet?"

"My cousin. Her parents died when they were on a boat to Alexandria. Her body was washed onto shore where this really cruel Queen Brahne took her in as her own child. Garnet's not her real name...it was Sarah. But now she goes by Lenne, her middle name."

"You mean to tell me that the person who is to be turned into the most powerful person in the universe is still somewhere out there?" Squall asked. He watched Rinoa nod slowly, "Rinoa, we have to find her before these heartless do."

"I know." Rinoa agreed, smiling alittle, "And that movie sphere just told me where I might be able to find her."

Squall looked down at the sphere in his hand, "I got to play it."

Rinoa nodded. She moved forward and took the sphere from him, putting it into the computer.

Squall stood behind her as it began to play, not noticing Yuffie sneak back in to get a view too.

"Smile, Yunie!" A voice said as the camera was on a brunette.

The girl quickly covered her face shyly, "You know I hate being on camera, Rikku! Record Paine!"

The camera was turned to stop on a girl in black leather. She rolled her eyes and pulled out her sword. "For the last time, stop recording us!"

"Come on, Dr. P! This is exciting! We found a new clue to our 'Lenne' mystery!"

Yuna jumped into view of the camera, smiling happily, "Yup! And we just might be closer to solving it! This 'Lenne' character was here not so long ago! And we also found out she found some romance with a certain soldier that worked at Bevelle!"

"Bevelle?" Paine asked annoyed, "That can't be good. Those soldiers are very dangerous."

"Tell us about." The other girls said in unison.

The camera went all fuzzy and turned off, leaving Squall to gape at the screen. 'Yuna?...Rikku...' He was disappointed that he didn't get to see Rikku because she was the one recording them, 'And who's Paine?'

"You know them don't you?" Rinoa asked looking up at his shocked face. She knew about him once living in Spira. What happened there though she did not know.

"I...yeah." He replied, "Lenne's in Spira."

Rinoa jumped up from her seat happily, "Then that's where we go! Seifer, Irvine, Zell, and Quistis are already getting ready!"

"What?" Squall looked at her, "No! We can't...I can't..."

"Squall, I have to find my cousin! I have to make sure she's ok!" Rinoa replied sadly, "Plus we need to protect her before the darkness gets to her and once that happens, all worlds will be doomed."

Squall nodded in agreement, but he couldn't go back to Spira. There were so many memories there, not to mention Rikku. How would she react to his return? Especially when he was returning back with Rinoa?

Rinoa kissed him then walked towards the door, "Get packed, we're leaving soon."

He barely heard her as his gaze went back to the blank computer screen.

"Geez, Leon, you look like you saw a ghost." Yuffie said as she walked into his view.

He didn't respond as he went to play the sphere over again, pausing it when it showed a mirror. He looked at it, it didn't show much of the recorder but he saw the familiar bright blonde hair. "Rikku..." He sighed, forgetting Yuffie was there.

"Rikku?" Yuffie asked, glancing at the screen in confusion. She saw his gaze was on the blonde hair on the screen. "Who's Rikku? Leon, you're starting to sound like Sora, stop it!"

Squall touched the screen, his eyes distant as if he were remembering something.

"Oh my materia! Rikku's a girl isn't she?" Yuffie asked with a huge grin, "An old girlfriend from Spira, Leon?....Waitaminute!" She stiffened, her eyes wide with realization. She snapped out of her daze and ran off to her room.

Squall took his eyes off the screen as he saw Yuffie almost trip over the couch as she hurried to give him some paper.

"What's this?" He asked, looking at it. There was a lot of writings on each page.

"You're Squallie!" Yuffie exclaimed happily.

"How did you know that Rikku called me that?" He asked, looking at her with wide-eyes, "You know Rikku?"

Yuffie nodded excitedly, "Yeah...yeah! I was her penpal! I didn't even know I was writing to a person from another world! This is so COOL!"

"Penpal? You were Rikku's penpal?" Squall asked, he immediately turned all his attention to the papers, "She told you about me?"

"Yeah...she really loved you Squall...er...Leon. What happened between you guys?" Yuffie gave him an angry glare, "You didn't break her heart did you?"

Squall didn't take is eyes off the letters, "That's really none of your business, Yuffie."

Yuffie hit him in the shoulder, "You jerk! You did, didn't you!"

"Yuffie..."

"Does Rinoa know about this? Does Rinoa know about Rikku?"

"No, and she's not going to find out. Got it?" He threatened.

"Whatever." Yuffie sighed, "So what you do? Cheat on her? Be all pushy and pushed her away? Geez, If I would've known she was talking about you I would've warned her. You just don't seem like the type for her."

"You don't even know her." Squall muttered angrily, "And it's none of your business for the millionth time."

"I know...but I really like this girl. She seems nice and her and I have a lot in common!" Yuffie sat down on the couch, "If you hurt her, Leon, I swear I'll kill you."

Squall folded the papers back up and placed them on the table, "You're too late. It's all been said and done. You wanna kill me? Be my guest."

Yuffie glared at him, "I would but Rinoa would miss you."

Squall sighed as he got out of his chair. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a picture, dropping it onto Yuffie's lap.

She raised a confused eyebrow and looked at it, "This her?"

"Yup." He nodded, placing his hands in his pockets.

"You carry this around with you?" She asked, "Why would someone who broke their ex-girlfriend's heart carry around a pic of...oooh."

Squall nodded seeing that Yuffie finally realized what the big problem about going back to Spira was.

"You still love her!" Yuffie kept looking from the picture to him, "That isn't a good thing, Leon."

"I know!" He threw his hands up in exasperation, pacing back and forth, "I didn't want to break up with her, I had to!"

Yuffie sat still on the couch, "Oh. My. Gosh. This is like one of my soap operas!"

"Focus, Yuffie, focus!"

"Sorry!" She smiled sheepishly, "What about Rinoa? You love her too?"

"Of course I do." He sighed.

"Then I sense a love triangle. This is more of Aerith's department, Leon."

"The problem is...I got to act like I don't have feelings for her anymore."

Yuffie laid on her stomache and looked at Squall with interest, "And how does that make you feel?"

Squall glared at her and took the picture back, "I don't need a shrink, Yuffie."

"No, Leon." She smiled, getting up to pull him into a tight hug, "You need a friend!"

"Get...off...me!" He struggled, trying to get out of her death hug, "Can't...breathe."

"Yuffie giving you one of her famous bearhugs?" Aerith giggled as she walked into the house, "When I came back from the Lifestream she wouldn't let me go for hours!"

Yuffie smiled, releasing Squall, "It's my way of saying I'm glad you're back!"

Aerith nodded, "I know." She handed Squall a gummi ship key, "Rinoa says to meet her and the rest of the group by the gummi. Cid's letting you take the big one. He said if you ruin it he'll kill you."

"No he didn't! He probably said 'Tell that boy if he fucks up my gummi I'll beat his ass!'" Yuffie said as she mocked Cid.

Aerith gasped then giggled at Yuffie's impersonation of Cid, "You're right. But I never like to repeat what Cid says from word to word."

"And neither should you." Squall glared at Yuffie.

"Sorry!" She apologized, "And, Leon, good luck with her."

He nodded, walking past Aerith out the door.

"Who's 'her'?" Aerith asked curiously.

Yuffie shrugged, "I don't know...You know Leon has issues. He needs a shrink."

"I heard that!" Squall yelled from outside the house.

Yuffie blushed then smiled innocently, "I...gotta go call Vinnie, bye!" She quickly dashed to her room.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

"About damn time, Squall!" Seifer said. He was leaning against the gummi ship giving Squall an impatient glare as he walked towards them.

"It's Leon." Squall responded as he loaded his things in the gummi.

"Yeah, yeah, and I'm Princess Sophia." Seifer teased, hopping into the gummi.

"Leave him alone, Seifer." Rinoa smiled, giving Squall a quick hug, "It'll be great to visit one of your old worlds! I just can't wait to meet all your old friends."

"Yeah." He replied almost nervously.

"We must remember to stick to our mission." Quistis said, "We have to find Lenne before the heartless do."

Rinoa nodded with determination, "I have to find my cousin. I won't let her go through this alone again!"

"About that...is your cousin single?" Zell asked sheepishly.

"Shut up, Zell, stick to your hotdogs." Quistis replied for Rinoa. Rinoa rolled her eyes and got in the gummi.

"Yeah, why would a hot girl want a wuss like you anyways?" Seifer asked.

"Yeah. Especially when she can have me." Irvine smiled charmingly at Rinoa.

"You stay away from my cousin, Irvy!" She threatened, "You are definitely not going to hook up with her!"

"Why not?" Irvine pouted.

"Because you're a man whore." Quistis smiled, "And aren't you still mourning over Selphie leaving to her home world?"

Irvine looked down sadly, "I wish she'd come back..."

Everyone except Squall stared at him in shock.

"You do like Selphie!" Rinoa shrieked, "I knew it!"

"Can we talk about all this girly shit later?" Seifer asked as he placed his feet on the dashboard, "Let's get this show on the road!"

"He just wants to check out some hot natives." Zell teased.

"Exactly." Seifer placed his hands behind his head and leaned back comfortably. Rinoa glared down at him.

"No flirting with natives! We're not playing a date game! We're going to find my cousin."

"Aww, Rinoa, no need to be all jealous. You'll always be the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." Seifer teased. Rinoa playfully hit his shoulder and went to her seat.

"Strap up, people." Squall said as he started the gummi. They all obeyed as the gummi blasted off into space.

----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------

They landed in a field on a cliff. Squall knew exactly where they were at: Besaid Island. Rikku's and Yuna's hometown.

"Wow!" Rinoa got out the gummi and looked around, "This place is beautiful! It's so peaceful, no wonder Lenne chose this world!"

"Quite the paradise." Quistis agreed.

"Where is everyone? Where are the babes in the bikinis?" Irvine asked, looking around.

"Look! A small village. There has to be someone there!" Rinoa exclaimed as she walked down a trail to the village. There was a big temple with little houses by it. Everyone else began following her, admiring the beauty of the place.

"Coming, Squall?" Seifer asked as he noticed Squall hasn't moving. His eyes were glued on the view infront of him.

"Yeah." He responded. Just standing there brought back memories of their adventures and missions. He missed those days...

"Then move your ass, boy! We don't have all day!" Seifer smiled as he walked into the village.

Squall glared at him alittle, reluctantly following him.

"Hmm." Rinoa looked around the deserted village, "Empty too."

"People on Besaid usually stay in their homes or travel around the beach." Squall explained, looking around cautiously.

"I found someone!" Zell shouted, pointing to a figure that was bent over picking flowers, "Ten points for the Zellster!"

Quistis slapped him in the back of the head, "Don't shout! You'll scare her off!"

"Wouldn't want that." Irvine smiled, checking out the girl, "She's hot...and she's dressing the way I like it! Squall, how come you never told me girls here dressed so..."

"Slutty?" Quistis asked, looking at the girl's attire.

Squall payed them no attention as he watched the girl. It was her. She was there infront of him picking flowers in a very revealing outfit. Boy has she grown. She was no longer just skinny. Her body was more athletic and tanned; her hair was way longer then before. She was 19 now, a fully grown woman.

Rikku didn't notice them as she continued collecting perfectly bloomed flowers. Her hair continued to get in her eyes so she pushed it back behind her ears.

"Let me talk to her!" Irvine volunteered as he stepped forward. He was quickly stopped by Seifer.

"Nuh uh, cowboy, I get this one!" He said, smiling at Rikku.

"Hey! I'm the one that saw her first!" Zell complained.

Quistis and Rinoa rolled their eyes in annoyance.

"I think Squall should go!" Rinoa suggested, "He is from here."

"Man, Squall's not even paying attention!" Seifer said glaring at Squall whose gaze was on Rikku, "He's getting all hot and bothered over there."

Rinoa hit Seifer in the chest, "Is not! Squall, go over there and introduce us. Maybe she can tell us where your friends are."

"Wait a minute!" Seifer grinned, "She's the girl from the..." Squall quickly covered his mouth.

"The girl from what?" Rinoa asked curiously, watching as Squall gave Seifer a threatening look.

Seifer shrugged, staring at Squall in amusement. Squall released his mouth then looked back to where Rikku was.

"Well, we're getting nowhere just standing here." Quistis spoke up, "I'll go."

"Quistis!" Irvine pouted, "I wanna!"

"...Selphie." Quistis smirked as Irvine looked down sadly.

"Low blow, Quistis." Rinoa said as she began comforting Irvine.

"He had it coming." Quistis replied as she walked towards Rikku.

Seifer nudged Squall and smiled, "Man, she sure has grown, huh? No longer the sweet looking girl that was in that picture." He whispered.

Squall didn't even bother to give him a dirty look. He was right, Rikku has changed.

--------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

"Excuse me." Quistis walked up to Rikku. Rikku looked at her, getting up from picking her flowers.

"Hiya!" She smiled politely, "My name's Rikku. You must be new around here." Rikku examined Quistis's attire, seeing it was completely different from what people in Spira would usually wear.

"Um, you can say that." Quistis tilted her head to the group of people who were watching them, "Those are my friends. We're here to find someone."

Rikku glanced at the group of people. Once she did a guy put his head down. "Who you guys looking for?"

"Um...I should let my friend explain. It's her cousin. Do you mind coming with me?"

"No, I'll answer any questions your friend has." Rikku smiled brightly. 'This could be a job for the Gullwings! Paine might not like it...but oh well!'

Rikku followed Quistis back to the group as Squall quickly turned around.

"Stop it, man! You're looking like a chicken wuss infront of your girl." Seifer whispered.

"Seifer, do me a favor. Shut the hell up." Squall muttered as he covered his face.

"You don't have to do that." Seifer smiled, "You're already turned around. She can't see your face already, dumbass."

As Seifer and Squall continued arguing, Rikku and Quistis walked up to the group.

"These are my friends. That's Rinoa, she's looking for her cousin." Quistis explained.

"Nice to meet you." Rikku smiled, shaking Rinoa's hand.

"Nice to meet you too." Rinoa smiled, "This is Irvine, Zell..."

"H-hi." Zell stuttered.

"Hi." Rikku replied happily, looking at the weird expression on his face.

"I'm Zell."

"She knows." Irvine said.

"I'm Seifer." He stepped forward and grabbed Rikku's hand gently, "And may I say that you look beautiful." Seifer heard Squall grumble something rude about him. Satisfied that he managed to piss off Squall, he let Rikku's hand go.

"Thanks!" Rikku grinned. She loved compliments.

Rinoa rolled her eyes and smirked, "Ignore him. He's just as bad as Irvy. And this is my fiancee Squall." Rinoa grabbed Squall by the arm, turning him around, "Say hi, Squall, don't be rude."

Rikku's jaw dropped as she looked at him. "HU FYO! Fryd dra ramm yna oui tuehk rana? (NO WAY! What the hell are you doing here?)" She asked angrily.

Everyone glanced at Rikku and Squall in confusion. What was going on here? She didn't look happy at all that Squall was here.

"She speaks spanish, man! We got a winner!" Zell whispered happily to Seifer.

Seifer looked at him like he was the stupidest person in the world, "Get away from me." He said, pushing Zell away.

"Something wrong?" Rinoa asked concerned that Rikku was glaring daggers at Squall. He just stood there with his eyes to the ground.

"I'm guessing you two know eachother." Quistis said, watching Squall shift his weight nervously.

"I'm sorry." Rikku responded, glaring at Squall, "I don't think I can help you." She turned to walk away.

"Rikku!" Squall called out, sighing as she continued walking.

"Rikku!" Yuna ran up to stop Rikku, "There you are. Brother says you were suppose to be picking flowers for..." Yuna noticed the group of people staring at them, "Who are they?"

Rikku crossed her arms and looked at the confused people, "They're here looking for someone."

"Really?" Yuna asked.

"Er...yes. Are you Yuna?" Rinoa asked, remembering her from the video tape.

"Yeah, how'd you know my name?" Yuna asked walking up to them as Rikku stood with her back to them.

"Thank god!" Rinoa sighed in relief, "You know something about my cousin?"

"Your cousin?" Yuna asked in confusion. That's when she saw a familiar face, "SQUALL?" She shrieked, staring at him in disbelief.

"Hey, Yuna." He smirked.

"Wow...I thought you..." Yuna stopped, remembering what happened when they last seen eachother. She looked at Rikku behind her who was still standing there with an upset look. Now she knows why Rikku was walking away so angrily. Squall was back, the man that used and broke her cousin's heart was back.

Squall also looked different. His hair was grown out and he had his usual attire except for he didn't have fur on the collar of his coat.

"You guys know eachother?" Rinoa asked in confusion.

"C'mon, Squall, introduce us to your friend." Irvine said, giving Yuna a seductive smile.

Yuna gave him a weird look, she felt like she was being violated by his eyes.

"Stop staring at her like that, you're making her uncomfortable." Seifer said, hitting Irvine.

"I don't think I should be talking to you." Yuna said, looking at Squall.

"What the hell, man!" Zell looked at Squall in confusion, "How many girls in this world hate you?"

"World? You guys are from another world?" Yuna asked, looking at them with interest.

"Look, I don't know what Squall did to you guys and I sincerely apologize but it is important that I ask you some questions." Rinoa said.

Yuna looked at her, sensing that it was something very important. Rinoa looked sad and desperate. 'Let's just hear her out Yuna...'

"Sure." She smiled, "I'd love to help you." Rikku made a disapproving sound.

"Thank you!" Rinoa cried out, pulling Yuna into a hug.

"Your welcome." Yuna smiled.

"It's about my cousin Lenne..."

"Lenne?" Rikku and Yuna asked in unison. They looked at eachother with sad expressions.

"What?" Rinoa asked concerned, "What's wrong?"

"Lenne's dead, Rinoa." Rikku explained sadly.

----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

A/N: ha ha, Squall, your past always creeps up on you. and it did! Seifer's such a good friend isn't he? What Rinoa was telling Squall in the house was another thing that's in my fanfic "Evanescence Of Fantasies" so all the people reading that probably knows what she's talking about. Plus I am a huge Yuffetine fan so I'm glad to have Yuffie in this chapter. She's a fun character like Rikku!