Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Waves of Destiny ❯ The Princess and the Thief ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorrie, everyone, for starting another ficcie, but this has been in my head the past few days, and I should really write it down. Anyway, it's kinda Aeris-centered, but everyone from FFVII will have a role in this AU ficcie!!! Note the AU in this! But this one's kinda strange... 'cause it'll be influenced by several anime series--such as Magic Knight Rayearth, Fushigi Yuugi, X, etc.

Please review, okies? I'll eventually get back to my other pieces... =6.6;=


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


'Life... in the Heavens... among the stars...'

'With each star, the essence of life shines... so precious... breaking through the Universe's darkness...'

'And Fate embraces these lights of hope into her bosom... with utmost care... and mold them each into a destiny...'

'A destiny that is worthy to bring change to the world...'

'A destiny that is worthy to become a legend...'

'So it is written...'


~ Final Fantasy VII: Waves of Destiny ~

written by K-chan

Chapter One: The Princess and the Thief


She sighed as the words of the ancient scriptures she knew by heart echoed in her mind. Her hands were clasped together in prayer as she bowed her head forward in deep mediation, causing her caramel locks fall around her delicate face. Her eyes were closed, and her heart was open to giver her thoughts, soul, her whole self into her prayers. For hours a day, she would do this, not because it was her duty but she also wanted to the well being of the Planet and every single life on it to prosper. She may seem selfless to others, especially her own kind, but deeply, she yearned to see the world she lived on.

Her eyes flew opened, revealing beautiful, emerald spheres, in horror at the thought that briefly invaded her mind. She looked up guiltily at the front altar, where a marble statue of a goddess stood gazing down at her with a gentle expression, and silently begged for forgiveness of such a selfish thought, 'Forgive your daughter for her inconsiderate desires... Great Mother of the Planet...' She continued her prayers, kneeling on the soft, red cushion in the center of the large hall of white marble. The only light source of the area was from above, where the natural light of the sun bathed the young woman in complete warmth and serenity through a circular opening. The building was of unearthly beauty in its simplicity, yet it was the work of human hands that constructed such a magnificent place--a place that was dedicated to the Holy Mother that protected the Planet.

Suddenly a shadow loomed from the opening above, lingering about like some sort of thief. The girl was still in prayer, but she opened her eyes again as if sensing something different. Her eyes caught the dark patch hovering over here, and she gasped as the shadow on the floor's reflection increased in size. She yelped in surprise, falling to the side, as the owner of the shadow giggled, "C'mon, Aeris. That's no way to greet a friend, ne?!"

Aeris, sprawled on her side, gathered herself together, and then looked up at the intruder. She blinked a few times at the younger girl, who was grinning, like jumping down into a forbidden area was the most natural thing to do. The teenager extended a hand out to Aeris, who smiled and accepted the aid to her feet. It was this moment that the doors to the hall burst opened, and two armed guards rushed in, "PRINCESS!" They saw the trespasser and immediately took offensive stances in order to get their princess away from her.

Aeris raised her hands up in defense, "It's all right! This is my friend."

Although they dropped their weapons, they couldn't believe at the words that left their princess's mouth. The stranger was unfamiliar and from the way she was dressed, was not from their city. "But princess," one of them began, "she's an outsider! All outsiders are to be brought before the High Priestess."

"I am aware of that," she said with a nod, "And I will bring her to the High Priestess after we exchange a few words." The soldiers didn't seem convinced, but what could they do? They really had no power, and their job was just to guard the Prayer Room. "Could you kindly please closed the doors," indicating that they were to leave. They bowed and departed from the room, leaving the princess with the outsider.

The girl made a face, sticking her tongue at the guards, "Bleh, idiots! So what if I'm an outsider!"

Aeris hugged her friend, "It's been so long, Yuffie! Where have you been?!"

Yuffie returned the hug, "Oh you know, the usual." Aeris took her to the altar steps, and both sat down to chat. "Materia hunting takes you all over the place. And since I was nearby, I decided to *drop* in to see how you were doing!" Aeris giggle as Yuffie's eyes wandered around the hall, "Nothing's changed... Boy, are you Ancients really ancient or what? No new decor?"

"No silly!" Aeris playfully hit her friend on the arm, "But tell me of your adventures! What did you see out there?"

"Gosh, there's so many things! It'll be hard to describle them... Really, Aeris, why don't you join me! We could search for materias together!!"

Aeris looked away and sighed, "I wish... but no, I couldn't do that. My people need me... I have responsibilities here..."

Yuffie stood up and frowned, "Aeris! Why don't you stop thinking about them, and think about your OWN future! All you do is isolate yourself in this stupid room and pray for their well being!! What crap is that?!"

She stood up angrily, partly offended, "I am not praying for only THEIR well being... but YOURS and everyone else's on the Planet too! You're very important to my as much as my own people... Please understand my situation, Yuffie..."

The young turned away, crossing her arms over her chest, like she was still upset at Aeris's selflessness, but she wasn't. She could never be angry with her. Aeris was like a sister to her, and who would've ever believe that a materia-obsessed girl was friends with a Cetra! She sometimes wondered if meeting Aeris was ever dream... that fateful day when she was on the trail of a rumored materia, eventually leading her into the mysterious Sleeping Forest that spanned thousands of miles over the Northern Continent. And only fools would journey into such a hazardous maze, when many cases in the past told of of seekers of the Ancient City who never escape the forests alive... But Yuffie was a lucky one, having stumbled through the trees, and fell through that very building and met Aeris. And ever since then, they were friends.

"I know," Yuffie sighed, facing Aeris again, "But you know you can't stay in this city forever. There's so much to see, to do out there!"

She smiled faintly, "Like finding materia, huh?"

"DEFINITELY!"

Aeris giggled at the girl's enthusiastic reply, "How long are you staying this time?"

"Probably a day," she said uncertainly, "I got a letter from dad to return home after this materia hunt... It seems like a wars gonna break out soon."

"A war?" she gasped, "Why?! What's going on out there, Yuffie?"

"It's the Shinra Company," she said curtly, "They're very powerful on the Planet, and they already have control on the Eastern Continent... Rumors are floating around that they want to extend their dominion to cover the whole Planet, but my father and Wutai are in their way."

"That's horrible... I never imagine there were people like that..."

Yuffie nodded, "You get the 'bad' with the 'good'."

"Well, you have to tell me more about this 'war'," she insisted, pulling Yuffie's arm along, "I want to know as much as I can so I can find some way to prevent if from happening."

"That's gonna be hard... War is a game till the end, when a victor is at the top staring down at the corpses of his enemies." Aeris shuddered at the image.


TO BE CONTINUED...