Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Yin and Yang ❯ Turk's Past ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, this is chapter three. I've already written this story at FF.net...those bastards....so that's why it's already done!!!

In her dreams, the Ancients spoke to the sleeping girl.

<Aeris, you must save him.>

"Save who?" She spoke aloud, walking down a path, a path she had walked before her death. <You will know. You must save him...he is in danger.>

"Tell me! I can't help unless I know who it is who is in danger!" She screamed helplessly, her legs moving against her will towards her former resting place. The Sleeping Forest seemed to lean toward her, moaning in the breeze.

<He is.the one closest to you...the one you care for...help him...> The voice faded to nothing, and Aeris fell into a deeper sleep, one with no dreams. Vincent's dreams however, were completely different. In his dreams he watched Aeris get stabbed through over and over, watching the blood pour out of her chest as her big, caring heart was pierced. The only heart that could love a monster such as him. Over and over he was powerless to stop Sephiroth, over and over he stood there, mouth ajar, fighting back the emotions running through him. Over and over he couldn't save her. Rage built up in his human body, but he pushed it away. He couldn't transform. He wouldn't let Aeris see him as a rampant monster. Always in the battles they fought together, he never transformed into any of his beasts. And now, with Chaos, the ultimate monster, he definitely wouldn't. He couldn't have another person thinking he was a cold-blooded monster. He wasn't. Was he? The repeat of Aeris' death stopped, and he was back in Nibelheim. Vincent's hair was short, and he wore the suit of the Turks. He was alone, armed only with his trusty Peacemaker. He swiftly walked to a small home on the left, banging on the door. There was no answer. Pursing his lips, he kicked the door three times, knocking it off its hinges.

"I know you're here. Come out." He heard a sharp intake of breath, and turned to face it. A middle-aged man and his son were huddled together in the corner. The man stood shakily. "What do you want with me? I'm just a simple man." Vincent pulled out his pistol.

"But you know you're not Mr. Takamine. You are the leader of a secret rebel organization against ShinRa. I have to dispose of you."

"No.I swear I'm not!!! I know nothing of what you're talking about!!" Vincent smirked.

"You lie, Mr. Takamine." He pointed the pistol directly at his head.
"No...not here, not in front of my son...he's only four...please...please-my son!" Vincent shot twice, killing the man instantly, ignoring his pleas. He walked away, listening to the young Takamine sob and scream for his father.

Vincent woke, sweat pouring down his face as though his was crying. Lifting a hand to his face, he realized he was crying. He immediately wiped his face, but not before a groggy Aeris lifted her head to look and see what was wrong.

"Vincent, are you alright?" He nodded, staring at his feet. Aeris scooted closer, lifting a hand to rub his back softly.

"Vincent." Vincent felt the slight touch and softened. There was no way he could deny his feelings.

"Aeris.I know that I care for you, very, very much.in fact, I think I." <Just say it.> "I love you." He finished, taking in a deep breath. He heard Aeris sigh happily behind him before throwing her body against his back, wrapping her arms around him tight.

"I love you too. I always have." Vincent turned around, looking into her emerald eyes, words passing through the air without them speaking. Vincent felt whole, yet part of him screamed in agony. He pushed his emotions away and merely embraced Aeris.